Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Wheats posted:

I'm hoping for some suggestions for Detroit and Ann Arbor (besides Zingerman's), especially hole-in-the-wall spots.

Bates Hamburgers(bring cash), Slow's BBQ, Lile's Sandwich Shop (mmm ham, also cash)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Wheats posted:

Thanks for the suggestions, we'll check some of them out.

Lile's is in dearborn, so if you are touristing and do the Ford Rouge River factory tour, it's nearby.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

SubponticatePoster posted:

Need a rec for a good steakhouse in the Kansas City area. It’s my dad’s 80th birthday and we want to take him somewhere nice. If it was up to his wife they’d have the buffet at Golden Corral

Like to keep it under $75 per person (nobody is a big drinker so wine isn’t important) since I’ll be picking up the whole tab. Also someplace accessible, the ol’ man can’t do flights of stairs.

Capital Grille is always good (but is a chain), and The Majestic has been around for a while.

Everything at this point should be ADA accessible, so if there are stairs there should be an elevator.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Where should I go for a Friday night dinner in Savannah and breakfast the next day?

We'll be staying by Franklin Square, and willing to walk once parked at the hotel

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

AnonSpore posted:

Know it's a long shot since nobody replied but figured I might give it another try before I leave.

There's a steakhouse out there that prides itself on serving any kind of meat it can, but that might be in Denver.