Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

the42ndtourist posted:

Anybody know of anything good in Central/Southern Kentucky? Headed down there soon to Mammoth Cave and also probably to visit some distilleries.

Moonlight BBQ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Also, Tapenade in La Jolla does excellent french food.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
Going to spend a couple of days in Berlin in early November. Where's interesting to eat at?

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

baquerd posted:

I want absolute top end fare in Berlin. Currently looking at Lorenz Adlon, any thoughts?

I just booked a table at Reinstoff as we're going to be in Berlin for our 10th anniversary next month. If you can wait until then I'll report back.

Amergin posted:

Anyone want to give some suggestions for Miami? My wife and I will be there for a couple weekdays mid-October. Suggestions for seafood of all stripes and/or Cuban/Caribbean food of all stripes preferred but we'll eat anything.

Cleo in South Beach was pretty good.

drgitlin fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Oct 5, 2015

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

The best lobster roll in Boston is at Neptune Oyster in the North End. I've only ever been to Boston once, for a short conference, but that's where all the locals recommended for the best lobster roll in the world. It was amazing, the best I've ever had, and totally worth the subway ride to that area from where I was staying.

http://www.neptuneoyster.com/

B&G Oyster is also very good.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

KillHour posted:

drat, closed Mondays. Anything open tomorrow?

Schwarz's, get the smoked meat.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

Does anyone have recommendations for north of San Diego, in and around the triangle of Oceanside, Ecinitas, and Escondito? Especially nicer sit-down places. I'm looking to buy someone a gift card for a nice dinner for two for Christmas from halfway across the country, and gently caress trying to figure out what's actually good and what isn't based on Yelp reviews and the like.

Is La Jolla too far? If not, Tapenade.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Postmaster GBS posted:

I'm gong to be in Toronto for the weekend. Anything in particular that I should scope?

Banh Mi Boys, Caplansky's.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
If you want to splash out, Uchiko is amazing.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Hopper posted:

Since the NYC thread is archived and all reviews are from 2016...

I am going to NYC for 4 days, going into Manhattan for sight seeing every day.
We will be eating street food/quick lunches mostly to save time for other activities.
Plans so far:
Momofuku noodle bar for Ramen
Junior's in Grand Central for cheesecake

I would like recommendations for:
- a place near/on the Highline to have lunch in/pick up food for lunch to eat on the Highline (I assume there are benches etc?)
- places near/in Bedford-Stuyvesant (Quincy Street and Broadway, our closest metro is Gates Av) that have good breakfast
- a dinner location in Manhattan, dinner for 2, preferably <100$

Also, are the hotdogs at Grey's Papaya as good as they say? If so what is the best one to order?

EDIT: I am an idiot, shouldn't do math signs when I am tired. That was supposed to mean UNDER 100$ haha

You might consider Ivan Ramen as an alternative to Momofuku.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

dead lettuce posted:

I would love to hear if anyone has suggestions for Berlin, Vienna, Salzburg, Fussen/Bavaria, or Munich! We'll eat anything, from food trucks all the way up to fancy restaurants.

In Berlin, Reinstoff is absolutely amazing. It's got two Michelin stars so it won't be cheap, but it's well worth it. They do two menus; near (local ingredients) and far (foie grad etc). Get the former.

Horvath is also amazing, also has two stars, also worth a visit.

For cheap eats, get a currywurst.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
I'm not German, just been to Berlin a couple of times recently and like fancy schmancy food. ;)

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
Oh, another good thing to do in Berlin is book a table for cake and coffee (or drinks) in the revolving restaurant on the TV tower. The view is amazing.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
P Terry's vs In-N-Out: debate.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

angor posted:

Any good recommendations for Toronto? I'll be there for 10 days beginning of August.

Banh Mi Boys

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Laocius posted:

Can anyone recommend any good restaurants in DC for under $20 a plate?

If you like Thai food, Beau Thai.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
If you’re looking for restaurants in the DC area but are OK traveling to Falls Church or Rockville, then Peter Chang has to be on your list. There’s a reason David Chang says there’s only one Chang this city cares about and it’s not him.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

emotive posted:

For whatever reason my girlfriend and I decided to book a week vacation in Toronto next week. Sort of regretting not choosing Montreal instead, but that's besides the point -- Given that one of us is a vegetarian, what are some good suitable places to eat at?

Banh Mi Boys.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Discendo Vox posted:

Was back in Baltimore recently. The Telltale in the Marriott Delta downtown is an incredibly surprising pleasure, with, somehow, the best crab soup I've had in the region. In a hotel restaurant. I know.

Tio Pepe's is also incredible, bearing its ~25-50$ entree price in mind. Best spanish food in the region, imo.

One of the best restaurants to open in DC in a while is in a hotel.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Grey Face posted:

My family (4 including me) is coming to visit in a couple weeks and we're looking to eat in DC, doing dinner on friday night and lunch and/or breakfast the next day. Any recommendations? We'd prefer nothing really formal.

Where in DC, how much do you want to spend, and what kind of food?

Everyone else will suggest Ethiopian; I find sole of it OK but the bread is like eating a soft damp wetsuit.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
I’d recommend checking out Union Market for one meal, it’s a food hall and has some great vendors.

Founding Farmers is basically a farm-to-table TGI Friday’s with a way too large menu and it was pretty mediocre last time I was there.

It’s a chain, but we have Nando’s in DC and Nando’s is wonderful.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Discendo Vox posted:

I was joking, Founding Farmers is an infamous tourist trap.

You know that and I know that but tourist goons don’t know that. :)

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
All Purpose is a pretty decent pizza place, with a couple of locations.

Unconventional Diner is supposed to be good. Both should work with those requirements.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
China Chilcano is excellent but I’d be surprised if you got out of there at under $50 a head with drinks.

Oyamel is also excellent, it’s Mexican.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

Kalenden posted:

Looking for restaurant suggestions for Berlin.
My companion and I are adventurous foodies, looking for interesting, new dining experiences, and willing to splurge.

Most often, we like to end a day of city-tripping where we walk and visit sights with a multi-hour (1.5+) dining experience.
Especially like things that we do not find back home, in Belgium, so Fusion, Experimental, Exotic restaurants are definitely an option!

What would you recommend?

Three of the best meals of my life have been in Berlin. Unfortunately Reinstoff is now closed so you can’t go there, but Horvath is still open as far as I know. The menu and the wines were really interesting, I’d go back again in a heartbeat.

Tim Raue is also supposed to be excellent.