Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SonicDefiance
Jan 30, 2005

How did you stray so far to end up here?

Kalenden posted:

My companion and I are looking for a couple of fine dining options for a trip to Barcelona in April/May. Price is not an issue and we like all cuisines but prefer not to be overstuffed. We always try to go for unique, fine dining. Restaurants that you'd be hard to find in other places, are known throughout the world/renowned or just special or exotic cuisine. For example, a recent London trip brought us to The Ledbury, HKK, Gymkhana and restaurant Story. Any recommendations with this in mind?

I really enjoyed Disfrutar earlier this year; it's run by three guys who were once head chefs at El Bulli, so you can expect fun, experimental food, but nothing that I considered to be too over the top/"pretentious". 20+ courses, but I didn't walk away feeling too uncomfortable (just hammered, since I went for the beverage pairing as well!). You might also want to look into Tickets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicDefiance
Jan 30, 2005

I looked into Moments and Sant Pau (you might want to look into Roca Moo as well), but was also mindful of the fact that a) San Sebastian was my next stop after Barcelona, and b) I still had five weeks of travelling (and eating!) around Spain and France to do after that, so I tried to spread out the timing of my fine dining meals. I actually had a spot at Tickets but gave it up because I knew I'd be eating at Disfrutar only a few days prior! Can't have it all, I guess.

A tapas bar I would recommend in BCN that isn't fine dining, but is a bit more upscale/a little bit non-traditional than your average place, is Paco Meralgo. Get a seat at the bar if you can.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions... I was in BCN for six nights and definitely ate very well! :)

SonicDefiance
Jan 30, 2005

Yellow Jesus posted:

Any recommendations for Munich? Spending the weekend there and we want to try some traditional bavarian food for atleast one meal and are open for anything for the others

Head to Augustiner-Keller; they brew some of the better lagers (in a city full of them) and have amazing traditional Bavarian food. Their biergarten (outdoor beer garden) is fantastic as well, though I would hazard a guess and say it's a bit cold to be out there right now. Their keller (indoor beer hall) also makes for a great atmosphere though.

SonicDefiance
Jan 30, 2005

Nephzinho posted:

I am looking for a few higher end places. We were able to get our flights on rewards and part of our accommodations are being provided by family, so our food budget is pretty much as much as we can keep a straight face for.

Disfrutar was a lot of fun, and reasonably priced for a higher end joint.