Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE
Land O' Lakes, WI
Not the place associated with the butter...there's also a Land O Lakes FL as well. But this small Wisconsin town up on the border with Michigan has one of the best fish fry's I've ever been to. About 8 mi west of town is a lake resort called Bent's Camp. On Fridays they make an amazing fish fry with homemade tartar sauce, corn with bacon, baked beans, marble rye, fries, and homemade coleslaw. All the items are all you can eat (not all fish fry's are) and it's at a very reasonable price. I suggest a bloody mary or old fashioned to have with your fish fry or some Spotted Cow from New Glarus Brewing.

Boulder Junction, WI
West of Land O Lakes, this small town has a very nice place called The Outdoorsman with all sorts of hunting inspired dishes. Lots of game choices and a wonderful butternut squash soup. The price is a bit expensive, so if you're looking for cheaper, right up the street is the Boulder Junction Beer Bar with a ton of choices on tap and good bar style food choices.

Minocqua, WI
This resort town has the Minocqua Brewing Company, with an amazing beer cheese soup and lots of other Wisconsin inspired classics. Their beer choices are very good as well, more than worth a visit if you're in that town.

Shell Lake, WI
Near Shell Lake is another great fish fry location (2nd to Bent's in my opinion) called the Pine Ridge Resort. Their fish fry has an interesting take with frybread as part of the meal. Everything there is good and great ambiance amongst huge towering pines, so go on a nice day where you can sit outside with a good drink while waiting for your table.

Gallup, NM
There's a lot of great Mexican places in New Mexico, but in Gallup my favorite is a little hole in the wall place called Grandma's. If you didn't know it was there, you'd probably never step foot in the place, but after living there for three years it became my favorite because of the amazing red and green chile they make there. All their combination plates are wonderful and the heat level is just right. I've never walked away from there unsatisfied.

Cortez, CO
If you're going to visit Mesa Verde, chances are you're going to go through Cortez. Stop at the Main Street Brewery. They raise their own cattle for their burgers which are some of the best I've ever had and their fries are amazing. Their beer choices are great too, in particular the porter and the honey raspberry wheat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU