Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JesusaurusRex
Oct 18, 2005

Doh004 posted:

Hello!

I'm going out to San Francisco for a weeklong nerd conference and will be staying in the city. I eat everything and from NYC, so I already believe that NYC food is better than SF food.

Please tell me where to eat to in order to prove myself wrong.

I would recommend the following:

AL's Place for vegetable focused but not vegetarian cooking. Best meal I have had in a long time.

Liholiho Yacht Club for loosely Hawaiian inspired grub. One if of the hardest tables to get these days. Homemade spam and rice is amazing.

State Bird Provisions for creative and whimsical Californian cuisine served dim sum style. Fried quail is a must.

Lazy Bear for a very different dining experience that feels like a dinner party at a chef's house.

SPQR for the best pasta in the city for my money.

Trick Dog for tremendous cocktails and a great and odd menu. Hard to explain this place. The new menu is spy themed.

Tartine for everything bread and pastry related.

Izakaya Sozai for everything Japanese (non sushi division).

For burritos, La Taqueria's super burrito dorado is the unquestioned king. Even won a five thirty eight competition for the best burrito in America.

That being said, I prefer San Diego burritos so my opinion on SF Mexican food is biased.

For beer, just go to Cellarmaker and then walk through the alley to City Beer Store. Best brewery in the bay area is 300 steps from the best beer bar in the city. It's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU