Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«58 »
  • Post
  • Reply
M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Alright, lets get this thing on the road.
OOC Thread
Google Doc Map


The Dragon Slayers

pre:
Group Purse: Half a Dragon Hoard
When you heard of the Dragon Slayers, it was as if something spoke to you. Or maybe something did speak to you, a dream from the Great Golden Wyrm, or something as mundane as an old friend telling you about it. Suffice to say, you felt that lining up to kill dragons was a calling, and you came to New Port to seek them out.



So seeing their headquarters as a burned ruin was probably a bit disappointing.
When you asked around, no one really wanted to comment. Ryu manages to hear a few whispers about a great shape in the sky the day the Dragon Slayers went up in flames, its adventurers dying or disappearing altogether in the night. No one wanted to say anything, and no one had to. The implicit threat was clear in everyone's minds.

You didn't let that stop you though.



The strangest thing was, it was Moju that had a place in town for you to set up shop. It used to be a forge set up by dwarves that did a side business in collecting and trading magic items, a common haunt for Moju in his days helping the Dwarf King. The forge had been closed as the dwarves inside chased richer veins in other parts of the Empire, but the building was still property of the Dwarves. Moju called in a favor, and now you had a place to work out of.

It's not exciting work, but there's a sense of purpose as you clean up the dust, repair the windows, and change the locks. No one wanted to talk about the old group? Fine, you'll pick up where they left off. Its not long before Ryu and Twelve are placing the Dragon Slayers sign above the door, under the observant eye of Lavi. But as you're putting in the finishing touches, a halfling girl walks up and asks in a sheepish voice.


"Are... are you the Dragon Slayers? I was hoping for a job. The old bunch said they were going to hire me, but, well, that kinda fell through, didn't it?"

Isaac however, is pulled aside, a bit away from the others. In a dark corner, a man in fine robes speaks to Isaac like an old friend.

"Isaac! So long since we've met, what have you been up to since the old Alma Mater? And a member of the Dragon Slayers as well! I may be able to help with that you know. The dragon slaying, I mean."

It's Urfan Pakhal, a colleague of sorts from the Shadow Tower. He had always been charming and intelligent, but... greedy. He washed out of the Colleges in mysterious circumstances, with the teacher making noises about 'behavior unfitting of an Imperial Mage'. You never really cared about the specifics. Right now, as this ghost from your past fixes you with an entirely too sincere grin, you wish you had.

And welcome to the game! Starting with a bit of chatting, to get a feel for your voices, then fights! Also, WhyCalibur, can you make an Oracle of Hypnos roll for me?

M.c.P fucked around with this message at May 3, 2018 around 23:39

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Smooth soft red velvety lungs.

Twelve Serene Star

"I think the dragons found them," is all Twelve says in response to the scorched ruin that had been the previous dragon slayer's base of operations. He throws an arm around Isaac's shoulder. "But this is the city of New port, a location that I only learned of about one month ago, but one that I am told is a place for second chances and mysterious strangers."


The building that is to serve as their headquarters is not exactly what Twelve is expecting, though he is not entirely sure what he was expecting. Thoughts of crossed swords over shields and harpoon guns mounted on turrets had crossed his mind even though he knew it was unlikely they would be operating from a fortified castle... at least to begin with.

"From humble origins come great things."

Perhaps eager to show his new comrades that he is not just some rube from the mountains, Twelve takes quickly to the clearing duties, dusting, cleaning and washing the walls with enthusiasm and vigor. Such simple tasks had been a major part of his balancing meditation from as soon as he was old enough to walk. Once a bit cleaner, the building isn't actually so bad - and the sign that he and Ryu had erected above the door went a long way to making the whole business feel official. It is as they are finally getting the sign to the cat person's extremely delicate standards (there were no felyne monks, and his presence was a slightly odd note compared to the other slayers who seemed entirely normal in Twelve's eyes), that the halfling girl arrives.

"Peaceful journeys," he says, quickly stepping aside to let someone else speak.

pre:
Twelve Serene Star

Stats		Battle/At-will*		Daily
HP	30/30	[*] Red Mist            [ ] Fully Unleash The Orc Lord Spirit
AC	15	[ ] Blood Lust        	[ ] Building Frenzy
PD	15      [ ] Racial: Lethal
MD	11
Rec.	8/8 (1d10+3)
MBA     1d20+4; 1d10+3

Captain_Indigo fucked around with this message at Jan 31, 2015 around 14:13

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.



Isaac Boreas

"Dragon Slayers? Hah! Looks like their arrogance was repaid in full! Hahaha!" Phyrrus was put in a good mood after seeing the burnt down building. "Well this was a fun trip, back to Horizon?"

"You know that I won't give up this easily" Isaac mumbled, poking at a charred piece of wood with his staff.

"And you know that I can't hold a broom, you'll have to find someone else to collect your ashes for you! Hahaha!"

---

It took Isaac a moment to recall who exactly this person was. "Urfan." He remembers the relatively brief period the mage had been at the Shadow Tower before he was... thrown out was it? "You're about the last person I expected to encounter here."

Isaac spoke to Urfan coldly, he never particularly cared for his familiar attitude, still he had shown some talent.

"And you want to help me slay dragons." Isaac could hear Phyrrus laughing in his head. "What's your angle here?"


pre:
Isaac Boreas

Stats		Battle/At-will*		Daily
HP	18/18	[ ] Drain Life		[ ] Summon Undead
AC	12	[*] Chant of Endings	[ ] Unholy Blast
PD	11
MD	15
Rec.	8/8 (1d6-1)

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.



If Urfan is phased by Isaac's coldness, he doesn't show it.
"Ah, so you do remember me! But straightforward as always, hm? No introduction for your pet here?"
He crouches down and scratches underneath Phyruss' dessicated skull.
"But let me answer your question. I've had word of a dragon, a white dragon, making trouble in a town not far from here. Dead cattle, missing people, that sort of thing. Not very interesting, hm? But my employer seeks something from that beast, and I'm not so foolish as to attempt it alone. Frankly, the two of us could have done much, but I see you have some friends to tag along?"

Urfan gets closer and smiles again.
"The pay will be great. Not just in simple gold, but... ancient knowledge for our particular talents. Believe me, you will not get an opportunity like this for a long time."

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.



Isaac Boreas

"He smells funny, do you want me to bite him?"
"Just lie there and be quiet for a while."


It seemed unwise to Isaac to divulge information about Phyrrus to Urfan. "Do you name everything you summon? I'm not so sentimental, It's just a mindless minion."
"Harrumph!"

Isaac's eyes lit up at the mention of the reward. "You're promising a lot Urfan, but I can hardly see how I could give up this opportunity. Who exactly are you working for and how have they gotten hold of this knowledge?"

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.



Urfan winks and says, "A powerful wizard, of course. The kind who wrote the book on Dracoliches. He shares his knowledge, you know. To those he deems worthy."
He shifts and you get a look at a charm around his neck. A cross with two beams. The sign of the Lich King.

"The town is a place called Wickersham, southeast from here. I'll see you there. And do keep the nosy folks at the Academy out of this, hm?"
Urfan slips away, confident that he's hooked you with the promise of knowledge.

WIth the others, the halfling coughs awkwardly and continues.


"Ah, my name is Sellie? Last group was hoping for a secretary and accountant. They gave me an interview and I was going to start working there but... you know... the fire. But they gave me a few things!"

She fishes in her pack and takes out a well worn journal.
"This thing is filled with notes on killing dragons. Written by some old paladin from a long time ago, they told me everyone, from fighter to janitor, had to read it. Lucky, huh? Woulda been bad if this thing got burned too!

I'm good with numbers, and I can clean and cook! Please, I've been so out of sorts since... the fire. I just want to help, is that okay?"

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

The Riven you desire can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible.
It's yours.


Grimey Drawer

- Lavi

"Nyahaha! Moju! This place is just purrrfect! A real forge to work with, I can make anything for you guys here! " Lavi said, after scurrying around the forge. "I work mostly with bone, so I'll need to gather a few different supplies, but I there is nothing I can't make for you guys here!"


After helping Ryu and Twelve with the sign, Lavi smiled when he noticed the hafling girl standing outside. It wasn't often he got to interact with someone his size outside the village. "I don't see why not, we'll need someone to watch the place while we're out galavanting through the wilderness, and managing the paperwork is always a tasty bonus. As for cooking, tell me Sellie, I'm thinking of of a cooking up a nice feast for our opening night, how good are you at frying algae jellyfish or cudgel onions?"

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.



Sellie goggles a bit at the sword wielding felyne, but manages an answer regardless.
"Oh, that's quite kind, sir felyne. Um... cudgel onions I mostly prepare breaded and fried with a creamy tartar sauce. Depends on what kind of meat is with them though, I prefer Queen's onions with any poultry. But Algae Jellyfish, are those anything like the Clearwater Jellies from the Midland Sea? Boiling them with salt and serving it in a fish soup gives it a good texture, but I don't know if the other kind gets soft if you cook it too long.

But are you already planning on going someplace? I heard you only just got here!"

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Smooth soft red velvety lungs.

- Twelve Serene Star

"Are you willing to prepare vegetable dishes separately from the meat and fish? I've learned that some people find such requests insulting. Do you know how to cook White Grass and Pepper Hay? If so, I feel you would make an excellent chef. If not, then I can teach you. May I glance through your book? I'm curious as to how the techniques within compare to my own theories regarding such feats."

Twelve attempts to disguise his urgency to see the book, with talk about vegetables, which is easy because he very much enjoys talking about vegetables too.

Looking at the book if Sellie will let me.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there



Ryu Kazama
actual post coming later, I'm alive and unexpectedly busy oh god


pre:
Ryu Kazama, Half-Orc Stalwart 1
Stats		Per-Battle		Recharge			Daily
HP	30/30	[ ] Racial: Lethal	[ ] Divine Stamina
AC	17	[ ] Power Stunt
PD	15		
MD	11
Rec.	8/8 (1d10+3)
Melee: 1d20+5+ED; 1d10+4[/sub]

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Sellie smiles brightly. She's clearly enjoying talking cooking.


"Oh, don't worry, I can do vegetables! White grass is good braised in seed oil, I always say, and we can always do baked potatoes for you, mister!"

She gladly hands the book to Twelve, who flips through it briefly.

quote:

Red Dragons, though fierce, have heated bodies that are vulnerable to frost and ice magic. As they age, this weakness lessens, especially in those who roam the northern wastes and those experienced in defeating would be heroes.

quote:

Blue dragons of all ages are accomplished in the theories of the arcane, possessing the capability to cancel magic spells created near them. They have limits in this regard, just as any practiced magician must eventually reach his or her limits.

quote:

Some dragons may use their whole body as a weapon, including their long whipping tails. Such beasts must be surrounded carefully, lest they use the opportunity to bring all their weapons to bear.

This is really good information!

Lets not beat around the bush, you're now aware of the general weaknesses and abilities of dragons as listed in the 13th Age core book. Of course, figuring out the specifics and nastier specials of any particular dragon will take some looking into. And believe me, these dragons will be different.

M.c.P fucked around with this message at Jan 30, 2015 around 18:27

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there



Ryu Kazama
Kazama absorbs himself in the last few tasks remaining to make the new headquarters look somewhat respectable. It feels good to have comrades with a purpose, even if that purpose is just "kill dragons". Twelve, Lavi, and Sellie seem to be having fun discussing the proper techniques for handling vegetables and dragons alike; he looks on from a distance for a moment, then blinks. To Moju, he says, "Where the Pit did Isaac get to?"

pre:
Ryu Kazama, Half-Orc Stalwart 1
Stats		Per-Battle		Recharge			Daily
HP	30/30	[ ] Racial: Lethal	[ ] Divine Stamina
AC	17	[ ] Power Stunt
PD	15		
MD	11
Rec.	8/8 (1d10+3)
Melee: 1d20+5+ED; 1d10+4[/sub]

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju was pleased to find that he still had enough influence to call in such a favour. It placed its hands on its hips and looked up at the sign with satisfaction while Ryu, Twelve and Lavi mounted it, and made noises of satisfaction. "Yes, a sign is good. Now the people will know to whom they owe their safety." It nods and heads back in, moving deliberately as Lavi scampers about the forge. "Excellent, Lavi. A well equipped force is a well prepared force. Next we will have to secure some mode of transportation, I think."

Moju seems content to allow the girl to serve them, and gives little more than a nod to acknowledge her application and, apparently, acceptance as an employee. All the talk of food is about as interesting to it as the work of cleaning, but at least the cleaning has a point. It resumes this work, wielding a broom with a faint sense of nostalgia.

"I don't know where Isaac went," Moju replies. "He walked off with some human in a ridiculous hat. Now, I believe we should consider securing needed supplies. Perhaps the..." Moju turns, squinting at Sellie. Nearly 30 full seconds pass. "... Child? Can be of help there."

Moju is perhaps a bit cranky due to its turbulent dreams the night before.
Oracle of Hypnos: 1d6 1

Whycalibur fucked around with this message at Jan 30, 2015 around 19:17

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Psst, don't forget your Oracle of Hypnos roll, Whycalibur.

Sellie glares right back at Moju.
"I'm a halfling, mister. And lets not start making cracks about height, lest I start with you!"

She calms down a bit.
"But sure, I can get you what you need. Got an uncle who runs a general store, I'm sure we could work out the stuff you need."

M.c.P fucked around with this message at Jan 30, 2015 around 19:16

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Smooth soft red velvety lungs.

- Twelve Serene Star

"Transportation?" Twelve says, turning to face the strange figure of Moju. "What kind of transportation do you suppose we should look for? Horses? A carriage? A carriage would be handy for transporting materials."

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.



Isaac Boreas

Isaac returns to the headquarters after his meeting.
"Looks like the others have made some decent progress cleaning up the place while we were busy. The sign is a nice touch."
"Just in time for us to head off and anger a dragon to set the place on fire, hah!"

Isaac thinks about how he's going to tell the others, there's definitely some details to the job, the Lich Kings involvement in particular, that would just cause unnecessary complications. Maybe a bit of dramatics would keep them from asking too many questions?

Isaac slams open the door and walks to the center of the room and starts speaking loudly. "Dragon Slayers, we are in demand! I've got a contract for us." Seeing that he's got everyone's attention he continues.
"There's a village to the south-east called Wickersham that is beset by a white dragon which has been terrorizing the locals. I know that we've barely settled down but it's time for us to go and prove that we are worthy of our name. As for payment there should be enough gold in it for us to get properly established. We need to leave as soon as possible so that we do not miss our opportunity."

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Moju's dreams were strange, and did not feel like they gave him much rest.
A giant, a laughing ugly man with disgusting features and an even more disgusting language holds Moju by the legs. He leaps from mountain to mountain, swinging Moju to and fro, hitting trees and rocks and the occasional person. Moju feels the rattle as his upper body is forcefully smashed into everything in creation, but as much as its uncomfortable, Moju mostly feels annoyed at the ordeal.
"Doesn't this thing know any other songs?" Moju thinks to himself.


Sellie turns in shock at Isaac's grand entrance. Its certainly been a series of strange events for her today. But the news excites her as well.


"Oh, I know where that is! And the Darvey brothers are leaving to go there this evening too! Ooh, but you'll need food, well, most of you will need food and sleeping rolls, and canteens. Oh this is exciting! I'll get everything ready as fast as I can!"

She rushes out the door as fast as her little feet will take her (barring someone stopping her, of course). As she turns a corner, she shouts back at you.
"We'll discuss my salary when you return, okay? Have fun out there!"

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there



Ryu Kazama
Their first challenge! Kazama eagerly scoops up his belongings: a few gold coins, his sword, a backpack with the bare essentials for a day or two on the road. "How far is it? We might be able to secure lodgings in the town itself, but if the trip there is more than a day, we'll--" He's cut off by Sellie zooming past him, presumably to fetch provisions for the journey.

"Frankly, we'll need the reward money to expand this thing of ours. I suggest we head out immediately, before the Darveys get any ideas about taking the prize..."

pre:
Ryu Kazama, Half-Orc Stalwart 1
Stats		Per-Battle		Recharge			Daily
HP	30/30	[ ] Racial: Lethal	[ ] Divine Stamina
AC	17	[ ] Power Stunt
PD	15		
MD	11
Rec.	8/8 (1d10+3)
Melee: 1d20+5+ED; 1d10+4[/sub]

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

"Ah, a white dragon," Moju says, not bothering to disguise the avarice in its voice. "Its freezing blasts will be an adequate warmup for us." The construct rubs its hands together, eyes gleaming. "Yes, yes, we must hurry." It pauses, remembering that it is supposed to be a hero or something. "For the good of those poor wicker people, of course. I hear wood can become quite brittle in cold temperatures."

It looks around again, surprised to see that the halfling has rushed off again. "We should see if these Darveys have need of caravan guards. Perhaps we can secure passage free of charge with the promise of such work." Moju considers this a moment. "We could even negotiate a fee for our services..."

Whycalibur fucked around with this message at Jan 30, 2015 around 20:56

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

The Riven you desire can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible.
It's yours.


Grimey Drawer

- Lavi

"A white dragon, hmmm? I'm not familiar with their traits. Hopefully Sellie's book will say something on the matter. Speaking of which..." Lavi's eyes follow Sellie as she leaves to gather last minute traveling supplies. "Are we going to bring her along, or leave her here to clean up? If she stays behind, we should give her some payment for sticking around for when we return at the very least."

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

"Let her consider it an apprenticeship, then," Moju suggests. "If we must, we can pay her once we have slain this paltry dragonling and reaped the rewards."

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Smooth soft red velvety lungs.

- Twelve Serene Star

"I must admit that I'm still slightly confused as to what it is that the girl does. She cooks and cleans but then... what do we do during the day?"

At the mention of an immediate dragon mission his eyes light up with excitement, then fade into nervous anxiety.

"Um... are we ready? Are the rest of suitably prepared to fight a dragon?"

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Its decided! You rise to the occasion and prepare to set off for Wickersham. Of course, there's not much to do. You arrived with very little, and whatever provisions and transportation you would also have needed were being taken care of by Sellie. Its a good time to get some practice in and read that Dragon Slayers journal, anyway.

That afternoon, you sit in the back of a cart with the Darvey brothers, who turn out to be a half-elf and a half-orc. Arandriel and Buck Darvey, first cousins as Buck explains to you, but they figured being brothers was easier on the customers. They agree to take you to Wickersham in exchange for guarding their wagon, and they're easily convinced what with the tales of a dragon in the area. It's an easy route, and pretty relaxed, though Buck has a penchant to talk your ear off while Arandriel plays his lute.

But its a good thing you're there, as while you're passing through a copse of trees, a log comes crashing down in front of the cart! The Darveys rather instinctively scamper under the wagon, while the rest of you peer ahead at the road and the trees above. From out of the trees, a few kobolds walk forward. The one in the middle, obviously the leader, points his sword at you.

"As humans say, your food, your oils, your gold, or your life. You give to the Oracle, she will be thankful. You don't? You die."

As he speaks, you look up in the trees around you. There are kobolds up in the branches, aiming small bows at you. Not a great position, but they don't look that tough.

Alright, some guys rolled for gold, some guys didn't, but unless there's any strenuous objections we're going to be using a group purse.
Sellie's stuff came out to 20 gold for everyone (a bargain!) and 5 gold for her to keep an eye on things while you're gone, so now the group purse is 170 gold. I'll keep a note on the first post for it.

If you want to start some poo poo, roll initiative

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there



Ryu Kazama
No way a band of piss-ants like this are going to stop a party of dragon slayers. Kazama's hand inches towards his blade. "Humans have another phrase I like: get bent, scum."

pre:
Ryu Kazama, Half-Orc Stalwart 1
Stats		Per-Battle		Recharge			Daily
HP	30/30	[ ] Racial: Lethal	[ ] Divine Stamina
AC	17	[ ] Power Stunt
PD	15		
MD	11
Recoveries 8/8 (1d10+3)	Greatness YES
Melee: 1d20+5+ED; 1d10+4[/sub]

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.



Isaac Boreas

A kobold ambush? How trite. Kobolds following an Oracle? Ludicrous. "Your so called Oracle has failed you. She either prophesied that you would all die here, today, and neglected to tell you, or she did not see it."

Isaac points commandingly at the kobolds. "Phyrrus, tear them to pieces."
"With pleasure!"

Initiative: 2d20k1 + 2 21

pre:
Isaac Boreas

Stats		Battle/At-will*		Daily
HP	18/18	[ ] Drain Life		[ ] Summon Undead
AC	12	[*] Chant of Endings	[ ] Unholy Blast
PD	11
MD	15
Rec.	8/8 (1d6-1)	Attack Mod. (Base +6)

Phyrrus
HP	14/14	AC	17	
PD	15	MD	11
Attack	+6 vs. AC
Damage	1d6

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Smooth soft red velvety lungs.

- Twelve Serene Star

Twelve takes a series of deep breaths, glancing up into the trees. He stretches, then slowly opens the top of his robes and lets the loose cloth fall from his shoulders. Now the pristine white robes form a type of skirt, revealing a torso that seems to visibly ripple with writhing muscle. The air around his skin shimmers and warps like the space above a long road on a summer day. He looks down at his companions.

"Little cat, how would you like to help me in the tree tops?"

Initiative: 1d20+3 15

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Along the road, Moju takes the book on dragons and discreetly puts it inside its barrel. A few minutes later, it extracts the book (also discreetly) and returns it to the party's baggage. "Most interesting," Moju says, trying to focus on anything other than the horrid thumping song still running through its head. A distraction would be welcome. Nearly any distraction.

The kobolds and their ambush are not quite what Moju had in mind, but it is not exactly in a position to bargain. "We shall have to earn our passage after all," it says, shoulders slumping. "I had hoped our journey would be uneventful." Grabbing its hatchet from the seat, Moju clambers down from the wagon and shakes the weapon up at the treed creatures. "Come down from there before turn you all into icicles. Give up now and I may be mercif--"

Moju is cut off by Phyrrus' attack, and shrugs. "So be it, then."

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				
HP	30/30	[ ][ ] Protective Casting	
AC	15	[ ][ ] Touch of Life
PD	14		
MD	14

MAGIC		1d20+5 / 1d8+4 (Lightning, Cold, Untyped)
Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+4)
Initiative: 1d20+3 12

Whycalibur fucked around with this message at Jan 30, 2015 around 23:33

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there



Ryu Kazama

Initiative: 1d20 9
pre:
Ryu Kazama, Half-Orc Stalwart 1
Stats		Per-Battle		Recharge			Daily
HP	30/30	[ ] Racial: Lethal	[ ] Divine Stamina
AC	17	[ ] Power Stunt
PD	15		
MD	11
Recoveries 8/8 (1d10+3)	Greatness YES
Melee: 1d20+5+ED; 1d10+4[/sub]

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

The Riven you desire can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible.
It's yours.


Grimey Drawer

- Lavi

Lavi unstraps the sword from his back, the sword that's as big as him. "Oh yes I would much appreciate a hand to see how well those jaggi-brained kobolds can fly."

Initiative: 1d20+3 7

pre:
Lavi, Felyne Paladin 1
Stats		1/Turn		1/Battle	1/Day
HP	33/33	[ ] War Domain	[ ] Evasive	[ ] War Invocation
AC	19			[ ] Smite	[ ][ ] BBQ
PD	14					[ ][ ][ ] Smite
MD	14
Recoveries 8/8 (1d10+3)		
Melee Attack: +3 vs AC; 1d10+2 damage
Implacable: Roll saves at start of turn.

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at Jan 31, 2015 around 00:29

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

You launch into the attack! Their leader clearly wasn't expecting this, standing nearly dumbfounded as you begin to rush forward. The other kobolds are little better, but they hesitate as they wait for commands. You have the initiative!

The kobolds rolled terribly, Everyone is up!
Keep an eye on your own HP, I'll be doing similarly in the Google Doc, but its better if two people can keep an eye on it.

The kobold archers are in the loving trees! Ranged attacks against AC and PD get -2 as long as they're up there, and its a DC15 Background check to get to them (one way or another) with a melee attack.
All kobolds are Evasive, missed attacks deal no damage to them.

The warriors will intercept anyone going for the Hero




pre:
Kobold Hero            34/34 HP AC18 PD16 MD12
Warrior Red            22/22 HP AC18 PD15 MD12
Warrior Blue           22/22 HP AC18 PD15 MD12
Archer Mooks Yellow    30/30HP(6) AC16 PD14 MD10
Archer Mooks Green    30/30HP(6) AC16 PD14 MD10
Edit: Reminder that we're hanging out at #sadragonslayers on synirc.net

M.c.P fucked around with this message at Jan 31, 2015 around 01:03

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.



Isaac Boreas

Isaac starts chanting in an odd language, the volume of his voice is monotone and remains low but the words seem to permeate the area.
Suddenly a couple of the kobolds to the left of the party scream out in pain and fall limply down from their vantage points.

Chant of Endings vs Archer Mooks (Yellow): 1d20+6 10, Hit! for 1d10+4 12 Damage! Two mooks die.

Meanwhile Phyrrus charges forward and chomps down on the ankle of one of the kobold warriors.

Phyrrus attacks Kobold Warrior (Red): 1d20+6 18, Hit! for 1d6 3 Damage.

pre:
Isaac Boreas

Stats		Battle/At-will*		Daily
HP	18/18	[ ] Drain Life		[ ] Summon Undead
AC	12	[*] Chant of Endings	[ ] Unholy Blast
PD	11
MD	15
Rec.	8/8 (1d6-1)	Attack Mod. +6 (Base +6, +0 ED)

Phyrrus
HP	14/14	PD	15	Attack	+6 vs. AC
AC	17	MD	11	Damage	1d6

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju
pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				
HP	30/30	[ ][ ] Protective Casting	
AC	15	[ ][ ] Touch of Life
PD	14		
MD	14

MAGIC		1d20+5 / 1d8+4 (Lightning, Cold, Untyped)
Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+4)
"Hh. They are not coming down. Perhaps I should help them," Moju muses, reaching out to touch the nearest tree. "Trees do not like lightning."

Little does Moju know how true this is. It speaks the name of lightning, and the lightning comes... but is swiftly grounded through the roots of the trees. The kobolds are safe... for now.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Smooth soft red velvety lungs.

Twelve Serene Star

Red lines shimmer over Twelve's skin. He looks down at Lavi with a nervous smile that seems to grow wider and more elated by the instant.

"There is something... that you should all know about...ME!"

It's difficult to tell exactly what happens. To some, it looks as though the gigantic red orc bursts through Twelve like a cicada exploding through its cocoon. To others, the orc image appears to flow over him as though it was an illusion spell. Either way, where once there stood a muscular human, there now stands a gigantic beast.



"DO NOT BE AFRAID SMALL FELYNE," he growls as he lurches for the felyne, lifts him into the air with one giant claw, and throws him towards the kobold archers.

Without waiting to see if cats really do land on their feet, the orc lord turns and charges for the kobold leader. His run is a simian, hunch-backed shamble, sometimes bipedal, at other times quadrupedal. The grass and dirt are shredded with deep claw marks as one of the kobold heros moves to intercept and then immediately seems to thing better of it.

The Orc Lord lifts both fists above its head, then brings them down in a crushing hammer-blow.


Tossing Lavi into the trees CAT-apault! Str+Meta+Level: 1d20+3+4 17
MBA whichever Kobold Intercepts: 1d20+3+1 22
Damage: 1d10+3 10



pre:
Twelve Serene Star

Stats		Battle/At-will*		Daily
HP	30/30	[*] Red Mist            [ ] Fully Unleash The Orc Lord Spirit
AC	15	[ ] Blood Lust        	[ ] Building Frenzy
PD	15      [ ] Racial: Lethal
MD	11
Rec.	8/8 (1d10+3)

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

The Riven you desire can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible.
It's yours.


Grimey Drawer

- Lavi



"Don't be afraid? How-whaaaaaaaaaa~"

*splat*

"Meow...you didn't have to throw me that hard..." Lavi mutters, stumbling off the body of the kobold he smacked against, trying to see past the stars spinning around his head for the other group of kobolds. In the end he had technically landed on his feet...on the kobold embedded in the side of the rocky overlook.

The other kobolds started chattering to themselves, not expecting a cat with a big sword to come charging up there. "So, I can land on me feet...I wonder if you can too?"

Attacking archer kobolds: 1d20+3 21 1d10+2 12
(Bam! Two knocked down kobolds from the...crap, Indigo never said which group I was thrown into. Well to avoid being schrodinger's cat, let's say Green.)

pre:
Lavi, Felyne Paladin 1
Stats		1/Turn		1/Battle	1/Day
HP	33/33	[ ] War Domain	[ ] Evasive	[ ] War Invocation
AC	19			[ ] Smite	[ ][ ] BBQ
PD	14					[ ][ ][ ] Smite
MD	14
Recoveries 8/8 (1d10+3)		
Melee Attack: +3 vs AC; 1d10+2 damage
Implacable: Roll saves at start of turn.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there



Ryu Kazama
Kazama allows himself to take in the...unorthodox abilities of his companions, to get a better feel for their fighting styles, before rushing into the fray. He keeps his sword sheathed as he runs towards the kobold hero, but as he passes Twelve, or rather, the Orc Lord, he suddenly changes directions and lashes out at the blue kobold. The sudden strike catches the vermin off guard, and his blade bites deep into the creature's neck. Moving into a basic chu-dan stance, he turns to face the hero. "Next!"

Power Stunt: 1d6 4
Giant Strike: 1d20+5 15 miss
Giant Strike (Lethal Reroll): 1d20+5 21 hit 1d10+7 15

In the future it's gonna be important for me to know enemy levels for Giant Strike, but this time I'll just look at the monster section of the book make a completely uninformed guess that the warriors are level 1

Initiative: 1d20 9
pre:
Ryu Kazama, Half-Orc Stalwart 1
Stats		Per-Battle		Recharge			Daily
HP	30/30	[x] Racial: Lethal	[ ] Divine Stamina
AC	17	[ ] Power Stunt
PD	15		
MD	11
Recoveries 8/8 (1d10+3)	Greatness YES
Melee: 1d20+5+ED; 1d10+4

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

If your efficient destruction of his allies phases the kobold leader, it doesn't show on his scaly face. Instead, he cries in defiance.
"Ragh! You fool soft-skins will serve as a message!"
The hero unfurls a banner, a white flag with a white eye on it, and raises it high as he rushes forward to meet Ryu. He swings his sword, and Ryu barely has time to parry it, only to be rewarded to a kick in the stomach and sand in his eyes.
The leader calls something in his scratchy language, and Ryu clears the sand enough to see a hail of arrows hurtling towards him.
"Krrrr Krrr Krrr," The kobold leader chuckles to himself. "See what your unearned arrogance earns you!"

The warrior, in the meantime, struggles with the skeletal dog. He gets a good hit on it, but that only lets Phyrrus grab the kobold's spear between his teeth. The kobold is stuck in place as they wrestle over the weapon.

Kobold Hero engages with Ryu, Swings and hits!, 6 damage and the other kobolds deal more damage to Ryu
Archers target Ryu, 3 hits, 3 misses. 18 damage total!
Warrior attacks Phyrrus, hits! 4 damage
Warrior tries to disengage, fails.

Esclation DIe is now at 1, Everyone is up again

The kobold archers are in the loving trees! Ranged attacks against AC and PD get -2 as long as they're up there, and its a DC15 Background check to get to them (one way or another) with a melee attack.
Lavi, however, is up with them and can go hog wild.
All kobolds are Evasive, missed attacks deal no damage to them.




pre:
Kobold Hero lvl2            34/34 HP AC18 PD16 MD12
Warrior Red lvl1            19/22 HP AC18 PD15 MD12
Archer Mooks Yellow lvl1   18/30HP(6) AC16 PD14 MD10
Archer Mooks Green lvl1    18/30HP(6) AC16 PD14 MD10
The map I'm using is a google doc, found here! I'll add this link to the first post if any of you are interested.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there



Ryu Kazama
The tattoo of Kohryu pulses, and as the arrows pierce Kazama's flesh, they are consumed by a blue-white fire that reinvigorates him. With a toothy, bloody grin, he removes one hand from his sword and grasps the kobold hero by throat, lifting him a couple feet off the ground. "You were saying, meat?"

Interrupt after last hit: spend recovery with Divine Stamina
Recovery: 1d10+3 8
Titan Grapple: 1d20+6 16 Hit vs. PD. He's grabbed.
Grab stuff:
-I get +4 to hit the grab-ee
-Enemy has -5 to disengage unless he hits me first
-Enemy can't move away, or use ranged or opportunity attacks


Initiative: 1d20 9
pre:
Ryu Kazama, Half-Orc Stalwart 1
Stats		Per-Battle		Recharge			Daily
HP	14/30	[x] Racial: Lethal	[x] Divine Stamina
AC	17	[ ] Power Stunt
PD	15		
MD	11
Recoveries 7/8 (1d10+3)	Greatness YES
Melee: 1d20+5+ED; 1d10+4

Captain Walker fucked around with this message at Jan 31, 2015 around 17:41

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Smooth soft red velvety lungs.


Twelve Serene Star

With the kobold dead at his feet, The Orc Lord roars, showering Ryu with spittle. The log creaks beneath his immense weight as he clutches it in his long toes, then leaps off of it with enough force to make the ground shake. As he launches himself over Ryu's head, the stalwart grabs the kobold he intends to hit. For a split second The Orc Lord glares at him with fury in his eyes, but it is quickly swallowed.

"TINY MONSTER WILL DIE BY OUR FISTS COMBINED!" he bellows through the trees.

However, the kobold proves slipperier than he expects, even when held tightly, and though his punch lands, it only scuffs the lizard's scaly hide.

MBA, Damage Vs Kobold Hero: 1d20+4+1 18 1d10+3 5

pre:
Twelve Serene Star

Stats		Battle/At-will*		Daily
HP	30/30	[*] Red Mist            [ ] Fully Unleash The Orc Lord Spirit
AC	15	[ ] Blood Lust        	[ ] Building Frenzy
PD	15      [ ] Racial: Lethal
MD	11
Rec.	8/8 (1d10+3)
MBA     1d20+4; 1d10+3

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.



Isaac Boreas

Isaac is bewildered by Twelve's sudden reveal. "How was that possible? What an amazing power!"
His train of thought is interrupted a moment later when he sees Ryu get struck by a deadly shower of arrows. He was still standing but another one of those would be devastating!

Isaac prepares a spell that would temporarily make Ryu's life force act as an anchor, to allow it to draw strength from someone nearby. Regretfully, transferring life between two beings like this is highly unstable in a combat situation. The spell fizzles as it tries to draw upon the constructs energies.

Channel Life:

Healing target: Ryu

Target list
1. Twelve
2. Moju
3. Lavi
4. Phyrrus
5. Kobold Warrior (Red)
6,7,8. Kobold Archers (Green)
9,10,11. Kobold archers (Yellow)
12. Kobold Hero

Channel Life Target: 1d12 2, Moju!
Channel Life vs Moju: 1d20+7 10, Miss! Ryu not healed. Channel Life not expended.


Meanwhile Phyrrus is busy tangling with the Kobold Warrior. As the kobold tries to shake off Phyrrus from his spear the skeleton claws at his arm, drawing blood.

Phyrrus attacks Kobold Warrior (Red): 1d20+6 23, Hit! for 1d6 2 Damage.

pre:
Isaac Boreas

Stats		Battle/At-will*		Daily
HP	18/18	[ ] Drain Life		[ ] Summon Undead
AC	12	[*] Chant of Endings	[ ] Unholy Blast
PD	11
MD	15
Rec.	8/8 (1d6-1)	Attack Mod. +7 (Base +6, +1 ED)

Phyrrus
HP	10/14	PD	15	Attack	+6 vs. AC
AC	17	MD	11	Damage	1d6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

"Ah, allow me," Moju says, literally grabbing Isaac's necromantic energies as they fail to latch on to the construct's hide. It hustles forwards and slaps the ethereal tether to Ryu's back, pulsing some of its own life force into the struggling Stalwart at the same time. Sawdust trickles from Moju's sleeves, but it doesn't seem to notice.

Touch of Life: Ryu may immediately spend a recovery.

"Now then, perhaps I will have more luck with a different approach." Moju turns, making a sweeping gesture towards the archers in the trees. This time, crystals of ice dance in the air between its outspread hand and the killer creatures.

MAGIC attack roll (Ice): 1d20+6 20
MAGIC ice damage roll: 1d8+4 6

One of the kobold archers is suddenly encased in a thick layer of ice. It tumbles from its branch, flips end over end before hitting the ground, and shatters. Moju chuckles in satisfaction.

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				
HP	30/30	[ ][ ] Protective Casting	
AC	15	[x][ ] Touch of Life
PD	14		
MD	14

MAGIC		1d20+5 / 1d8+4 (Lightning, Cold, Untyped)
Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+4)

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«58 »