Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«57 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.



Isaac Boreas

"Your flippant attitude towards death do you no favors here wizard. Do not accuse us of wrongdoing when all that you have been up to since we reached Wickersham is to hide in your tower whispering secrets amongst yourselves. I heard that you knew about my arrival and yet you did not deem it wise to contact me? You have no one other to blame for your failure but yourself. We do not owe you Urfan but we do not care to let him bring the Oracle to the Lich King either. Accept the... dwarf's offer of information or not, then leave and accept that no one will be a winner here today, except for the people of Wickersham. We'll deal with the remains of the dragon."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Urfan picks up on the conversation.

"Isaac, what was that? I don't think you understand. Leaving without this dragon is not an option."

Keleanor readies his staff.
"Information? Perhaps. But we will not let this agent of the Lich King leave with it. The likes of him pose significant threat to the safety of the Empire!"

Energy begins to pool on opposite sides of the room. Urfan mumbles to himself, and the cold blue gleam has returned to his right eye. The wizards channel energy, and motes of elemental power begin to appear in the room. And all of you are stuck in the middle.

Roll initiative if you want to jump one side or another, background checks (and hard ones!) if you try to talk this down

M.c.P fucked around with this message at Feb 8, 2015 around 20:35

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju glances up at the roof of the cavern, then looks over at Twelve. The two seem to share a moment of silent communication before Moju makes a gesture with its hand. A stalactite just above the Oracle's skull shakes and creaks.

Rocks fall (int + jury rig): 1d20+7 22

Moju does its best to disguise this movement and cover the rumbling of the stalactite with a loud cough.

Nobody notices (dex + high end burglar): 1d20+7 18

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				
HP	30/30	[ ]    Protective Casting	
AC	15	[ ][ ] Touch of Life
PD	14		
MD	14

MAGIC		1d20+5 / 1d8+4 (Lightning, Cold, Untyped)
Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	4/8 (1d6+4)

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there



Ryu Kazama
"Well, I guess we're doing this," murmurs Kazama. He's slow on the draw, however, as he telegraphs his dive a little too much.

Initiative: 1d20 9

pre:
Ryu Kazama, Half-Orc Stalwart 1
Stats		Per-Battle		Recharge			Daily
HP	30/30	[ ] Racial: Lethal	[x] Divine Stamina (11)
AC	17	[ ] Power Stunt
PD	15		
MD	11
Recoveries 4/8 (1d10+3)	Greatness NO
Melee: 1d20+6+ED; 1d10+4
Gold: 625

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

With the tension in the room so close to the breaking point, it seems just a small spark could set the whole room on fire. But with all the magic uses so focused on each other, no one notices the dust coming from the roof. Until, with a sudden crack, a stalactite comes down from the roof, and, with a terrible crunch, destroys the Oracle's head! Everyone stands dumbstruck at the development.

Urfan Pakhal seems particularly devastated.

"No! NO! You've ruined it! You've ruined everything! I can't go back with nothing!"

He points a finger at Moju, rage clear on his fingers.
"That magic, it was your doing, wasn't it? So willing to sell me to the Archmage? Abandon me, after all I've done for you! But I won't be made a fool of!"

The cold blue glow in eye gets brighter than brighter, and the ground rumbles.

"And your corpses will make fine servants for the Lich King!"

The human's skin sloughs away in a terrifying display, dropping in a bloody pile on the floor. The figure that remains, skeletal but bloody, takes a black orb from beneath his robes. At its command, the other corpses in the room rise, holding rusted swords.

Keleanor narrows his eyes.
"A minor matter. Team, prepare lightning, target the..."
And the doors of the room splinter and break open. Undead kobolds! Freshly dead, they leap and claw at the nearby wizards with murder in their dead eyes!

The apparition that was Urfan Pakhal points a bony finger at you.
"Dragon Slayers. You will die and serve the true lord of this Empire."

Roll initiative!

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.



Isaac Boreas

"Urfan... What have you done."

"I finally get to bite this guy? Hell yes!"

Initiative: 2d20k1+2 16

pre:
Isaac Boreas

Stats		Battle/At-will*		Daily
HP	16/18	[ ] Drain Life		[ ] Summon Undead
AC	12	[*] Chant of Endings	[ ] Unholy Blast
PD	11
MD	15
Rec.	6/8 (1d6-1)	Attack Mod. +6 (Base +6, +0 ED)

Phyrrus
HP	14/14	AC	17	Attack	+6 vs. AC
PD	15	MD	11	Damage	1d6

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at Feb 8, 2015 around 23:07

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

"Well, I'm honestly not sure what you've done for me," Moju replies, "but I'm certain that rock fell as a result of all the ruckus. And I'm going to eat this dragon, by all that is sacred."

As Urfan transforms into a hideous undead monster, Moju struggles for a moment to figure out the reactions of horror and disgust. Don't all these fleshy people take their skins off? This though slows down his reactions for a time.

Initiative!: 1d20+3 5

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				
HP	30/30	[ ]    Protective Casting	
AC	15	[ ][ ] Touch of Life
PD	14		
MD	14

MAGIC		1d20+5 / 1d8+4 (Lightning, Cold, Untyped)
Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	4/8 (1d6+4)

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Smooth soft red velvety lungs.

Twelve Serene Star

"Isaac... your friend...I'm sorry..."

"LITTLE MAN, IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE FREEING ME SO OFTEN MAYBE YOU SHOULD JUST LET ME STAY OUT - I'LL LET YOU STRETCH YOUR LEGS ONCE IN A WHILE!"

Initiative: 1d20+3 11

pre:
Twelve Serene Star

Stats		Battle/At-will*		Daily
HP	27/30	[*] Red Mist            [X ] Fully Unleash The Orc Lord Spirit
AC	15	[ ] Blood Lust        	[ ] Building Frenzy
PD	15      [ ] Racial: Lethal
MD	11
Rec.	7/8 (1d10+3)
MBA     1d20+4; 1d10+3

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Lavi Initiative: 1d20+3 6

You face down what is, or perhaps used to be, Urfan Pakhal. A number of skeletons in the room have risen to his aid, and these look sturdier than Isaac's attempts at it. Two of them aim arrows at your group. Urfan also found a dead dog somewhere, and it wheezes at you in a semblance of a growl.

Behind you, the wizards are occupied fending off the risen kobolds. With only a few doors, they can lock down the room with their spells, but its unlikely they will come to your aid against Pakhal.

Isaac senses the power of death, and is already prepared to act as the undead rise!

Alla these guys are vulnerable: holy. Whether Lavi uses holy damage is up to debate though.
The warriors and hound will intercept everyone trying to get past them.
The hound has skilled intercept!
Everyone but Isaac have -5 to disengage from the hound

Isaac is up, escalation die is now at 0




pre:
Urfan Pakhal lv.3  AC19  PD14  MD16  31/31
Skeleton Warrior Red  lv.1  AC15  PD13  MD10  21/21
Skeleton Warrior Blue lv.1  AC15  PD13  MD10  21/21
Skeleton Archer Yellow lv.1  AC16  PD14  MD11  26/26
Skeleton Archer Green lv.1  AC16  PD14  MD11  26/26
Skeletal Hound lv.1  AC15  PD13  MD13  24/24

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.



Isaac Boreas

"I can see now why you were cast out from the Shadow Tower. I know of thirst for knowledge and power but what you have made so abundantly clear now is that you are willing to go to any lengths to sate your appetite. You promised me the secrets that I have spent my life searching for and greedily I listened even though I knew what you are. I can see now that there are no deals to be made with someone as blind as you. And you will see that death is not on your side today!"

Isaac strikes the ground with his staff and two skeletons rise at his side and immediately charge Urfan's skeleton warriors. Skeleton battle!

Summon Undead (Cackling Soliloquist): 1d3+1 2 Crumbling Skeletons. Soliloquy bonus: All Urfan's minions get -1 to all defenses until end of my next turn.

Crumbling Skeleton #1 attacks Skeleton Warrior (Red): 1d20+6 26, Critical hit for 6 damage!

Crumbling Skeleton #2 attacks Skeleton Warrior (Blue): 1d20+6 25, hit for 3 damage.

"I'm the top dog here, it's time for you to play dead!... Eh, you know what I mean."

Phyrrus attacks Skeletal Hound: 1d20+6 25, Hit for 1d6 3 damage.


pre:
Crumbling Skeleton (mook)
HP 6	PD 14
AC 16	MD 10

Sword +6 vs AC - 3 damage.

Resist weapons 16+: When a weapon attack targets this creature,
the attacker must roll a natural 16+ on the attack roll or it only
deals half damage.
Vulnerability: Holy
pre:
Isaac Boreas

Stats		Battle/At-will*		Daily
HP	16/18	[ ] Drain Life		[X] Summon Undead (18+)
AC	12	[*] Chant of Endings	[ ] Unholy Blast
PD	11
MD	15
Rec.	6/8 (1d6-1)	Attack Mod. +6 (Base +6, +0 ED)

Phyrrus
HP	14/14	AC	17	Attack	+6 vs. AC
PD	15	MD	11	Damage	1d6

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at Feb 9, 2015 around 15:32

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Isaac's spell pulls at the magic holding the enemies together, but if Urfan is listening to Isaac's voice, he doesn't show any recognition. The skeletons, though, seem to take offense at their counterparts. Isaac's minions crumble under their enemies swords, and the skeleton warriors take up stances to take on the next enemies. Phyrrus's counterpart manages a bite on him before hopping away, ready to defend its master.

The archers take aim as well, and one of them strikes with terrible accuracy! A single arrow severs Phyrrus's head from his body, and the risen beast falls to the ground, quite still, save its worthless snapping head.

Isaac can't help but feel Urfan's toothy grin looks a bit smugger than usual.

Warriors attack friendly skeletons! 25 vs AC, hit, 6 damage, one dead! 24 vs AC, hit, 6 damage, other is dead!
Hound attacks Phyrrus, 25 vs AC! 5 damage
Hound tries to disengage, succeeds!
Hound fails skilled intercept save.
Archer attacks Phyrrus, Crit, 12 damage, Phyrrus is down! Other one attacks Moju, miss.

The warriors and hound will intercept everyone trying to get past them.
The hound has skilled intercept!
Everyone but Isaac have -5 to disengage from the hound

Twelve is up! Escalation die is at 0!




pre:
Urfan Pakhal lv.3  AC19  PD14  MD16  31/31
Skeleton Warrior Red  lv.1  AC14  PD12  MD9  15/21
Skeleton Warrior Blue lv.1  AC14  PD12  MD9  18/21
Skeleton Archer Yellow lv.1  AC15  PD13  MD10  26/26
Skeleton Archer Green lv.1  AC15  PD13  MD10  26/26
Skeletal Hound lv.1  AC14  PD12  MD12  21/24

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Smooth soft red velvety lungs.

Twelve Serene Star

Twelve kneels down, then sprints towards the nearest skeletal form. His strides become longer, his gait wilder, his eyes burn with fury. By the time he arrives at the skeleton, he is once more the ten-foot tall figure of The Orc Lord.

"IF YOUR BONES WERE MEANT TO WALK THEY WOULD BE COVERED IN MUSCLE AND FLESH!"

He slashes at the bony abomination with his claws, but fails to land a hit. His scream of fury litters the floor with dust and loose stone as the air quakes around him.

"PUNCHING THE DEAD SHOULD NOT BE THIS HARD!"

In his fury he delivers a blow so powerful that a sickening, somehow 'wet' echo bounces back and forth throughout the cave. The Orc Lord smiles, satisfied.

MBA/damage: 1d20+4 6 1d10+3 12 Miss!
Lethal lets me re roll!
Second verse: same as the first?: 1d20+4 22 1d10+3 10 damage on Blue warrior!


pre:
Twelve Serene Star

Stats		Battle/At-will*		Daily
HP	27/30	[*] Red Mist            [X ] Fully Unleash The Orc Lord Spirit
AC	15	[ ] Blood Lust        	[ ] Building Frenzy
PD	15      [ X] Racial: Lethal
MD	11
Rec.	7/8 (1d10+3)
MBA     1d20+4; 1d10+3

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

The skeletal mage gestures towards the Orc Lord.

"Your life is mine, creature."
Twelves feels his life draining, though its hard to tell who's life it is. You can see the twisted energy fly from the Orc towards a skeletal archer, surrounding it with the black energy.

Urfan drain's life from Twelve. 13 vs MD, 10 necrotic damage!
Even hit, Skeleton archer Yellow becomes empowered!

The warriors and hound will intercept everyone trying to get past them.
Everyone but Isaac have -5 to disengage from the hound

Ryu, Lavi, Moju, and Isaac are up! Isaac gets Escalation die 1




pre:
Urfan Pakhal lv.3  AC19  PD14  MD16  31/31
Skeleton Warrior Red  lv.1  AC14  PD12  MD9  15/21
Skeleton Warrior Blue lv.1  AC14  PD12  MD9  8/21
Skeleton Archer Yellow lv.1  AC15  PD13  MD10  26/26
Skeleton Archer Green lv.1  AC15  PD13  MD10  26/26
Skeletal Hound lv.1  AC14  PD12  MD12  21/24

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there



Ryu Kazama
Recovering from the shock of seeing Urfan drop his disguise as, well, a living being, Ryu moves towards the lich, or whatever he is, and is stopped in his tracks by the skeletal hound. He brings his fancy new blade down on the creature, then holds it low, waiting for the counterattack.

Engage hound
Giant's Strike: 1d20+6 20 1d10+8 13
Power Stunt: 1d6 6 god dammit

pre:
Ryu Kazama, Half-Orc Stalwart 1
Stats		Per-Battle		Recharge			Daily
HP	30/30	[ ] Racial: Lethal	[x] Divine Stamina (11)
AC	17	[ ] Power Stunt
PD	15		
MD	11
Recoveries 4/8 (1d10+3)	Greatness NO
Melee: 1d20+6+ED; 1d10+5
Gold: 625

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju grumbles in displeasure as more of the dead begin to rise. They are impinging on its soullessness monopoly. As the others heroically lunge into battle and Isaac raises his own skeletons, Moju slashes a skeletal hand in the direction of the blue Skeletal Warrior, already weakened by the attentions of its compatriots. "May as well thin the herd," it says, sending unseen force through the air.

MAGIC attack (Untyped): 1d20+5 14
MAGIC damage roll (Untyped): 1d8+4 9

The invisible force buffets the skeletal warrior, shaking it into dust. Moju's eyes grin with feral delight.

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				
HP	30/30	[ ]    Protective Casting	
AC	15	[ ][ ] Touch of Life
PD	14		
MD	14

MAGIC		1d20+5 / 1d8+4 (Lightning, Cold, Untyped)
Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	4/8 (1d6+4)

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010



Grimey Drawer

- Lavi

"The dragon is ours, and neither we or the dragon shall be servants to you! You may use bones as your weapon," Lavi shouted, raising his sword, "but so do I."

(Activating Inspiration of War. Escalation die goes up, although it only applies to Lavi Moju (now at +1), and Issac (now at +2) )

Lavi keeps his sword raised high as he rushes to the skeletal hound before using gravity to slam it down as hard as he could on the skeletal beast. The beast tried to get away but Lavi managed to snap the exposed spine right in half.

Smite the hound: 1d20+3+1 8 Miss 1d10+1d12+2 17/2 = 8 Still enough for the kill.

pre:
Lavi, Felyne Paladin 1
Stats		1/Turn		1/Battle	1/Day
HP	33/33	[ ] War Domain	[ ] Evasive	[X] War Invocation
AC	19			[X] Smite	[ ][ ] BBQ
PD	14					[X][ ][ ] Smite
MD	14
Recoveries 8/8 (1d10+3)		
Melee Attack: +3 vs AC; 1d10+2 damage
Implacable: Roll saves at start of turn.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.



Isaac Boreas

"Isaac! What the heck just happened, that bastard knocked my head off!"
"I'll put you back together after Urfan has been dealt with, in the meanwhile your soul is safe with me."
"Safe with you? You're more likely to fall apart than the crumbling skeletons you summon!"

"No Urfan, you have forsaken life, you will not steal the life of my allies! Witness as I undo your every move and know that I will not relent until you join the scattered bones on the ground."

The focus of Isaac's staff glows with a sickly green color as he mutters some words. He then strikes out with the staff in the direction of the skeleton that Urfan had siphoned off Twelve's life force to. The focus flashes and a bright green cloudy ray shoots out striking the skeleton in the rib cage, as it connects a green cloud envelops the undead. The black energies rise from the cloud and return to Twelve, giving him most of his strength back.

Unholy Blast vs. Skeleton Archer (Yellow): 1d20+8 (vs PD) 21 Hit! for 4d6+4 25 Negative Energy Damage!

Death Knell: Skeleton Archer (Yellow) dies, Twelve heals 1d6 6 HP.
pre:
Isaac Boreas

Stats		Battle/At-will*		Daily (Recharge)
HP	16/18	[ ] Drain Life		[X] Summon Undead (18+)
AC	12	[*] Chant of Endings	[X] Unholy Blast
PD	11
MD	15
Rec.	6/8 (1d6-1)	Attack Mod. +8 (Base +6, +2 ED)

Phyrrus
HP	0/14	AC	17	Attack	+6 vs. AC
PD	15	MD	11	Damage	1d6

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

As you tear through the ranks of skeletons, they struggle to oppose you, but heir attacks prove futile in the face of the Orc Lord's rage.

Warrior engages with Twelve, misses attack!
Archer attacks Twelve, misses

Twelve is up! Escalation die is now at 2!




pre:
Urfan Pakhal lv.3  AC19  PD14  MD16  31/31
Skeleton Warrior Red  lv.1  AC15  PD13  MD10  15/21
Skeleton Archer Green lv.1  AC16  PD14  MD11  26/26

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Smooth soft red velvety lungs.

Twelve Serene Star

The Orc Lord swats away an arrow, catches the warrior's sword in his leathery hand, then swats away another arrow, all without breaking skin or a sweat.

"THESE FOES ARE LESS FUN THAN I EXPECTED! WHERE ARE THE SHIVERS OF FEAR? WHERE ARE THE BEADS OF SWEAT AND OPENING PUPILS? WHERE ARE THE STREAMS OF HOT URINE?" He leans over and grabs the warrior's jaw, holding his face so that he can stare into the empty eye pits. "IS THERE ANY LIFE INSIDE THERE AT ALL?"

The Orc Lord drops the skeleton, then dismissively backhands his skull with a meaty fist.

"PATHETIC MONK, USELESS STAR-BORN PARASITE, WHY DO YOU INSIST ON WASTING OUR TIME ON SUCH MEAGER ANTS?"

MBA: 1d20+4 13 1d10+3 9+2 escelation = 15! Hit for 9 damage!



pre:
Twelve Serene Star

Stats		Battle/At-will*		Daily
HP	21/30	[*] Red Mist            [X ] Fully Unleash The Orc Lord Spirit
AC	15	[ ] Blood Lust        	[ ] Building Frenzy
PD	15      [ X] Racial: Lethal
MD	11
Rec.	7/8 (1d10+3)
MBA     1d20+4; 1d10+3

Captain_Indigo fucked around with this message at Feb 10, 2015 around 12:12

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Urfan raises the black orb in his hand high. "You face all the armies of the dead. What hope do you have?"
Another group of skeletons climb to their feet, though these have no weapons. They don't look too sturdy, but they still attack with unholy fervor.

Urfan then gestures to Twelve again.
"Cease your prattling, beast. Your violence will only serve the Master in the end."
Once again a tendril of dark energy leaches from Twelve, to find its place in the body of a skeleton. Twelve, the human, can feel his memories and life fading, but the rage of the Orc Lord is eternal and undiminished.

The new skeleton wave attacks, throwing itself on the front line in an effort to protect their master! Ryu easily parries one errant swing, and Lavi gets a bony slap across the face. Twelve, though, finds himself at the attention of a small horde. The weaker one does nothing to his tough hide, but the last one is empowered by his own life energy! As it leaves a gash across his chest, it saps more of Twelve's life away, leaving him perilously close to falling.

Urfan summons a wave of skeletons!
Urfan channels life from Twelve, 27 vs MD hits! 10 damage and one skeleton is empowered
Even roll, Twelve is Hampered. Which... doesn't do that much for barbarians but its the thought that counts.
Decrepit Skeletons attack! Empowered gets 22 vs AC, 7 damage to Twelve. Another one misses Twelve.
24 vs AC on Lavi, he takes 3 damage. Miss vs Ryu.

Ryu, Lavi, Moju, and Isaac are up! Escalation die is at 2! Isaac gets it at 3.




pre:
Urfan Pakhal lv.3  AC19  PD14  MD16  31/31
Skeleton Warrior Red  lv.1  AC15  PD13  MD10  6/21
Skeleton Archer Green lv.1  AC16  PD14  MD11  26/26
Decrepit Skeletons lv.1 AC16 PD14 MD10 28/28 (7 each)

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.



Isaac Boreas

Isaac tries to revert the flow of energies going out of Twelve but the skeletons do not have much to give return, instead the nearest living creature gets siphoned.

"Nice aim Isaac."
"Oh be quiet, It's a very complex matter to-"
"Funny how Urfan does not seem to have any issues with that huh?"


Channel Life Target list:
1. Lavi
2. Moju
3. Ryu
4,5,6,7. Decrepit Skeletons
8. Skeleton Warrior
9. Skeleton Archer
10. Urfan Pakhal

Target: 1d10 1, Lavi. This is the dumbest spell.

Channel life vs. Lavi: 1d20+9 26 vs MD. Hit for 5 negative energy damage.

Twelve gets to heal using a recovery: 1d10+3 13 HP recovered.

pre:
Isaac Boreas

Stats		Battle/At-will*		Daily (Recharge)
HP	16/18	[X] Drain Life		[X] Summon Undead (18+)
AC	12	[*] Chant of Endings	[X] Unholy Blast
PD	11
MD	15
Rec.	6/8 (1d6-1)	Attack Mod. +9 (Base +6, +3 ED)

Phyrrus
HP	0/14	AC	17	Attack	+6 vs. AC
PD	15	MD	11	Damage	1d6

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there



Ryu Kazama

Ryu attempts to slip past the skeletons, but there's just too many. His follow-up strike is similarly ineffective, though he does wound the bone-pile engaged with him somewhat.

Disengage: 1d20 4
Melee Attack: 1d20+6+2 16 1d10+5 6

pre:
Ryu Kazama, Half-Orc Stalwart 1
Stats		Per-Battle		Recharge			Daily
HP	30/30	[ ] Racial: Lethal	[x] Divine Stamina (11)
AC	17	[ ] Power Stunt
PD	15		
MD	11
Recoveries 4/8 (1d10+3)	Greatness NO
Melee: 1d20+6+ED; 1d10+5
Gold: 625

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju sighs and shuffles all the way up to Twelve, shoving his own skeletal hand into the Orc Lord's back in an attempt to counteract Urfan's negative energy with some of his own. This doesn't heal the creature-- Isaac seems to have that handled-- but it does give Moju a handle on the enemy necromancer's empowering tether. "You'd better not die after this," Moju says, leaking sawdust.

The construct rips its skeletal hand out of the Orc Lord, gripping a slimy tendril of darkness, then pulses several volts of electricity through it and into the empowered skeleton on the other end.

MAGIC attack roll (Lightning): 1d20+7 16
MAGIC damage roll (Lightning): 1d8+4 10

The lightning explodes the decrepit skeleton which was leeching power from Twelve, and that explosion pelts another nearby decrepit skeleton with its allies debris.

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				
HP	30/30	[ ]    Protective Casting	
AC	15	[ ][ ] Touch of Life
PD	14		
MD	14

MAGIC		1d20+5 / 1d8+4 (Lightning, Cold, Untyped)
Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	4/8 (1d6+4)

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010



Grimey Drawer

- Lavi

"Mrrrrooowww! Who did that?" Lavi shouts, feeling his life force get sapped away from him. "You stupid lich, don't use my soul to power your skeletons!" Batting away the skeleton in front of him with a paw, the Felyne charged at Urfan. "I'll show you what I do to people who try to steal my life force!"

(Flavoring this as Lavi not knowing which Necromancer cast the spell on him, and attacking Urfan. Not going to bother disengaging from the mook skeleton. I get +2 AC against opportunity attacks, BRING IT!)
Smiting the wrong necromancer: 1d20+3+2 18 Miss 1d10+1d12+2 15/2 = 7
(Son of a bitch, missed by ONE! Am I going to hit with a smite at all today? Either way, Twelve and Ryu get +1 to attack Urfan next turn. Everyone else attacked someone else.)

pre:
Lavi, Felyne Paladin 1
Stats		1/Turn		1/Battle	1/Day
HP	25/33	[X ] War Domain	[ ] Evasive	[X] War Invocation
AC	19			[X] Smite	[ ][ ] BBQ
PD	14					[X][X][ ] Smite
MD	14
Recoveries 8/8 (1d10+3)		
Melee Attack: +3 vs AC; 1d10+2 damage
Implacable: Roll saves at start of turn.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

The decaying skeleton tries to swipe at Lavi as the felyne dashes past, but it goes well above the head of the nimble warrior!
The remaining skeletons continue to pressure you, this time with more success. The Skeleton facing Twelve starts with a series of wild slashes, adding a few new cuts to the Orc's arms. Meanwhile, the archer seems to notice Isaac in the back, and sends a painful arrow hurtling toward him!

Urfan seems to react to the Felyne now in his face.
"You dare to touch me? Your heroism will be your undoing."

OA on Lavi, miss!
Skeleton Warrior attacks Twelve, 17 vs AC hits, 6 damage!
Skeleton Archer attacks Isaac, 25 vs AC hits, 6 damage!

Twelve is up, Escalation die is at 3!




pre:
Urfan Pakhal lv.3  AC19  PD14  MD16  24/31
Skeleton Warrior Red  lv.1  AC15  PD13  MD10  6/21
Skeleton Archer Green lv.1  AC16  PD14  MD11  26/26
Decrepit Skeletons lv.1 AC16 PD14 MD10 12/28 (7 each)

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Smooth soft red velvety lungs.

Twelve Serene Star

The Orc Lord is beginning to show signs of injury and fatigue. His blood runs thick in streams that take a long time to drip to the floor. His breathing has become a constant, labored wheeze, but the fire in his eyes burns brighter than ever.

"PILE OF BONES, BE BROKEN!"


MBA: 1d20+4+3 20 1d10+3 12


pre:
Twelve Serene Star

Stats		Battle/At-will*		Daily
HP	11/30	[*] Red Mist            [X] Fully Unleash The Orc Lord Spirit
AC	15	[ ] Blood Lust        	[ ] Building Frenzy
PD	15      [X] Racial: Lethal
MD	11
Rec.	7/8 (1d10+3)
MBA     1d20+4; 1d10+3

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

"I will not let you beat me. All of you must decay and perish."
Urfan lifts the orb with both of his skeletal hands. He channels his dark power into the object, and you can see his bones crack and flake as he pours himself into this next spell.
Then, a black morass fills the room. Its like the waves of the ocean are beating against you, sapping away your life with every moment. Only Moju is unaffected, but its only because his allies take the brunt of the attack.

The skeletons stand transfixed by this power, as if Urfan is connecting everything to this final blast. The wizards notice this new development, and Keleanor shouts over as he fries another undead kobold with lightning.

"You've got to stop him! He'll drain the life from all of us if he is allowed to continue!"

Urfan fills the room with dark power! Targets 4 people.
Hits Lavi at 25 vs MD, Hits Twelve at 21 vs MD, Hits Ryu at 26 vs MD, Hits Isaac at 23 vs MD.
Lavi, Twelve, Ryu, and Isaac all take 4 negative damage!

Decrepit skeletons attack!
Hit Ryu with 19 vs AC, 3 damage. Hit Twelve with 19 vs AC, 3 damage

Ryu, Lavi, Moju, and Isaac are up! Escalation die is now at 3!, Isaac gets it at 4.




pre:
Urfan Pakhal lv.3  AC19  PD14  MD16  24/31
Skeleton Archer Green lv.1  AC16  PD14  MD11  26/26
Decrepit Skeletons lv.1 AC16 PD14 MD10 12/28 (7 each)

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010



Grimey Drawer

- Lavi

"Twelve!" Lavi shouts, turning around as he swings his sword, glancing against Urfan's side. "Hold on, I've got just the thing to pick you up!" He sheaths the sword on his back and quickly reaches into his backpack with a paw and throws a large hunk of meat at the transformed orc. "Keep fighting, we can still finish this!"

The One Smite To Rule Them All: 1d20+3+3 14 And it flops 1d10+1d12+2 16/2 = 8
(Moju, Issac and Twelve get +1 to hit Urfan. So does Ryu for this turn and next.
Moving no disengage (still at +2 AC), from Urfan over to Twelve, and using BBQ to give him one of my recoveries.)

Twelve, your order of BBQ is ready: 1d10+3+6 10

pre:
Lavi, Felyne Paladin 1
Stats		1/Turn		1/Battle	1/Day
HP	21/33	[X ] War Domain	[ ] Evasive	[X] War Invocation
AC	19			[X] Smite	[ ][ ] BBQ
PD	14					[X][X][X] Smite
MD	14
Recoveries 1/8 (1d10+3)		
Melee Attack: +3 vs AC; 1d10+2 damage
Implacable: Roll saves at start of turn.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there



Ryu Kazama

Ryu lunges towards Urfan again, and is blocked again. Letting out a great cry, he grasps hold of the skeleton attacking him, and throws it at Twelve, who spikes it into his own attacker. Both are utterly destroyed.

Disengage: 1d20 3
Giant Swing (each engaged skelly): 2#1d20+6+3-2 17 25 2#1d10 9 9
pre:
Ryu Kazama, Half-Orc Stalwart 1
Stats		Per-Battle		Recharge			Daily
HP	23/30	[ ] Racial: Lethal	[x] Divine Stamina (11)
AC	17	[ ] Power Stunt
PD	15		
MD	11
Recoveries 4/8 (1d10+3)	Greatness YES
Melee: 1d20+6+ED; 1d10+5
Gold: 625

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju shuffles back a step and takes in the battlefield. It isn't going as well as it had hoped, but perhaps Moju could at least attract some of the necromancer's attention to itself. That way its fellow Dragon Slayers would get a brief respite. Before that can happen, though, Moju needs to prevent Isaac from joining the enemy's ranks. It hustles back to the friendlier necromancer and lays on a hand, channelling power into Isaac.

Isaac can use a recovery.

"You there!" Moju calls. "It would appear that your epidermis was the smartest part of your body. It had the sense to run!"

And with that, Moju flings a bolt of lightning directly from its bandaged hand into Urfan's torso, attempting to fry up some necromeat.

MAGIC attack (Lightning): 1d20+8 26 Also +1 from Lavi, but it was fortunately unnecessary.
MAGIC damage (lightning): 1d8+4 7

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				
HP	30/30	[ ]    Protective Casting	
AC	15	[ ][ ] Touch of Life
PD	14		
MD	14

MAGIC		1d20+5 / 1d8+4 (Lightning, Cold, Untyped)
Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	4/8 (1d6+4)

Whycalibur fucked around with this message at Feb 11, 2015 around 20:49

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.



Isaac Boreas

Isaac staggers to his knees clutching the arrow in his side as Urfan unleashes the draining energies. This had gone from bad to worse in a heartbeat. If he had time to finish his spell... The room is a blur around Isaac as shapes of what must be the Dragon Slayers throw everything they have at the Lich. One of the shapes runs up to Isaac and suddenly it feels like he's been thrown into ice water, the fog lifts from his mind as Moju's restorative energies flow through him and Isaac can see everything clearly again.

Urfan had put his final hope into his spell, Isaac could feel his mental defenses worn down by the rest of the Dragon Slayers as they whittled down his physical form. Isaac rises to his feet and grasps his staff with both hands and focuses intently on Urfan, he can practically see the link between the spirit and the skeleton. He utters an incantation and takes a stranglehold on it.

"Urfan, your ties to the Lich King have been weakened. Can you feel it? Whatever terrible deals that you've made, whatever unspeakable oaths you've given for your power are about to be broken. Never again shall you walk among the living. I will give you freedom whether it is what you seek or not."

Isaac channels into the link, exerting force on it like a vice that is slowly being pulled tighter and tighter. And then it snaps. The bones rattle as they hit the ground.


Recovery: Isaac gains 5 HP.

Chant of Endings vs. Urfan Pakhal: 1d20+11 29 vs MD, Hit for 1d10+4 11 Negative Energy Damage. Urfan Pakhal is toast!

pre:
Isaac Boreas

Stats		Battle/At-will*		Daily (Recharge)
HP	11/18	[X] Drain Life		[X] Summon Undead (18+)
AC	12	[*] Chant of Endings	[X] Unholy Blast
PD	11
MD	15
Rec.	5/8 (1d6-1)	Attack Mod. +10 (Base +6, +4 ED)

Phyrrus
HP	0/14	AC	17	Attack	+6 vs. AC
PD	15	MD	11	Damage	1d6

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.



For a moment, its hard to tell if Isaac's assault has done anything. Urfan stands at the center of a vortex of black smoke, swirling around him like a storm. But slowly, the circle diminishes, falling in on the wizard as if it was being sucked in. The darkness in the room collapses inward, and the assorted undead collapse. First, the kobolds fall down like puppets with their strings cut, then the skeletons clatter apart in a pile. And finally, the skeletal remains of Urfan Pakhal fall to the ground lifeless.

From the brief connection of severing Urfan's ties to this world, Isaac hears his last words.
"Oaths, deals, power. The world is built on such things, even if you refuse to admit it. Your thirst for knowledge will put you on the same paths, Isaac. Can you truly say you would not do the same?"
And then he is gone.

You are left in an empty cave full of bodies and piles of bones, a headless dragon corpse, and five harried, tired looking wizards. Thankfully, for now, it seems to be over.
In the silence, you notice the cages in the back of the room, one of which seems to be occupied.

Congratulations, you've defeated both the strange dragon, the Oracle, and the twisted necromancer Urfan Pakhal! Take a bit of a load off, and tell me what you take out of this lair.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.



Isaac Boreas

Urfan's last words rang true, Isaac had made a deal with him that proved it, but he would never give up his will and become a puppet of the Lich King.

Isaac takes a moment to rest and carefully removes the arrow that had struck him.

Recovery: 4 HP.

Recharge Summon Undead (18+): 20, success!

"Hey! Are you done lazing around yet? Put me back together already."


Isaac sets to work meticulously putting bones back together and mending those that were broken, then he lays his hands on the skull. He utters a quiet whisper and the skeleton animates.

"Much better! As good as new if I say so myself. Now if you excuse me there's a lot of bones to be gnawed on here!"

As Phyrrus scurries about the room doing what he likes best Isaac walks over to Urfan's remains and searches them for anything useful. The dragon had been rendered useless for experimentation after the head was crushed and thus lost all value to Isaac but perhaps Urfan had something on him that would help.

pre:
Isaac Boreas

Stats		Battle/At-will*		Daily (Recharge)
HP	15/18	[X] Drain Life		[ ] Summon Undead
AC	12	[*] Chant of Endings	[X] Unholy Blast
PD	11
MD	15
Rec.	4/8 (1d6-1)	Attack Mod. +10 (Base +6, +4 ED)

Phyrrus
HP	14/14	AC	17	Attack	+6 vs. AC
PD	15	MD	11	Damage	1d6

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at Feb 12, 2015 around 12:12

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Isaac looks over the remains of Urfan, though its messy work going through the pile of bones and clothes. He does, however, find Urfan's spellbook in the mess. Taking a quick flip through the book, he finds it has just what he's looking for! The ritual Urfan was going to use to raise the Oracle is spelled out inside, though it has some interesting differences. Apparently Urfan had planned to only raise her head, but it had to be complex to maintain her abilities and mind. Further examination shows that raising Dracoliches needs a focus, an obsidian orb infused with necromantic power.

Isaac checks the orb Urfan was using, but his last spell seemed to have exhausted it. It was now a useless lump of grey stone.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there



Ryu Kazama

Still a bit weary from the extended battle, Ryu moves cautiously towards the cages at the back of the room.

Recovery: 1d10+3 11
Recharge: 1d20 6

pre:
Ryu Kazama, Half-Orc Stalwart 1
Stats		Per-Battle		Recharge			Daily
HP	30/30	[ ] Racial: Lethal	[x] Divine Stamina (11)
AC	17	[ ] Power Stunt
PD	15		
MD	11
Recoveries 3/8 (1d10+3)	Greatness YES
Melee: 1d20+6+ED; 1d10+5
Gold: 625

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju takes out its hatchet and advances on the Oracle's corpse. Its usually emerald eyes have turned an unsettling black, seeming to suck in the light around the construct. It raises the hatchet and brings it down on the Oracle's side, beginning to hack its way in towards the dragon's heart.

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				
HP	30/30	[ ]    Protective Casting	
AC	15	[ ][ ] Touch of Life
PD	14		
MD	14

MAGIC		1d20+5 / 1d8+4 (Lightning, Cold, Untyped)
Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	4/8 (1d6+4)

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Smooth soft red velvety lungs.

Twelve Serene Star

The Orc Lord stumbles and collapses to one knee before shifting back into the familiar human shape. The stress of regular transformation, coupled with the battle, are clear on Twelve's body. Cuts and scratches that looked shallow and superficial on the orc's great body, seem far more serious on Twelve.

He swallows hard, then rolls over and leans against the wall to steady himself.

"Good job," he wheezes. Glancing down at his hand he notices the hunk of half-eaten meat and grimaces.

"I...I didn't realize that the orc had eaten this... I must have missed it... I've never missed anything before. Levi, please, I hate to sound ungrateful.. but I don't eat meat. If there is anything else you can prepare you would have my eternal thanks."

With that, he turns his attention to the cage and its prisoner.


Taking recovery average
Recovery: 1d20 3 should have said Recharge (promise!) so no Rage back.



pre:
Twelve Serene Star

Stats		Battle/At-will*		Daily
HP	29/30	[*] Red Mist            [X] Fully Unleash The Orc Lord Spirit
AC	15	[ ] Blood Lust        	[ ] Building Frenzy
PD	15      [ ] Racial: Lethal
MD	11
Rec.	6/8 (1d10+3)
MBA     1d20+4; 1d10+3

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

The cage in the back of the room is a crude wooden affair, hardly enough to hold the likes of adventurers, but sufficient to cow the young farming woman currently inside. She looks out at Twelve and Ryu with hopeful eyes.
"You're heroes, aren't you! Oh, that great dragon said she would eat me for supper after she finished with my poor cows. Please, help me get out of this horrible place!"

Moju eagerly hacks away at the body, leaving a great mess. After a bit of difficulty with the ribs, he manages to fish out the dragon's heart. It is icy cold, but flesh blood still drips from it.

Keleanor, exhausted, limps up to you.
"Well, necromancer apprehended, such as it is. I suppose we may overlook your eager indiscretions for killing the Oracle. Now, I believe you said something about her last words?"

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there



Ryu Kazama
Satisfied that the threat is dealt with, Ryu lowers his guard. He pulls hard on the cage's bars, ripping two off. "It's what we do."

He shakes his head to clear it and walks back towards the mages, dusting bonemeal from his robes. "A great wave rises, and the land shakes / Four are joined, and the usurper quakes in his stone throne/ All creatures bow, or perish in its shadow." Pausing for dramatic effect, he finishes. "The White Returns. Something about the Iron Sea, perhaps?"

pre:
Ryu Kazama, Half-Orc Stalwart 1
Stats		Per-Battle		Recharge			Daily
HP	30/30	[ ] Racial: Lethal	[x] Divine Stamina (11)
AC	17	[ ] Power Stunt
PD	15		
MD	11
Recoveries 3/8 (1d10+3)	Greatness YES
Melee: 1d20+6+ED; 1d10+5
Gold: 625

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Keleanor's face turns grimmer, and he nods to another wizard, who quickly jots the words down.
"It could very well involve the Iron Sea. And she said 'The White Returns"?. Interesting. I suppose that is helpful. If only the Oracle was not dead, perhaps we could have asked her more. But that may be enough to go on for now."

Keleanor makes a gesture, and the wizards, bloodied and tired, wordlessly turn to leave.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«57 »