Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«56 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!



Jack "Shadow" Callahan

Initiative: 1d20+12 19
Power Stunt: 1d6 4
Recharging Hammer of Faith

Jack stumbles forward as Isaac draws on even more of the dread power. He feels the dead wind bite at him. It was too much power, but Isaac was right to wield it. There was no turning back now. Jack rouses his unholy power. The Shadow is slow to respond, sated by the blood of a mob. No, no there was work to do. Jack draws deeper, commands the Shadow to raise and fight. Now was not the time for weakness.

"We wanted to make a deal. But it's more death then, more slaughter, more blood. Fine. We will drown in it before we falter. We will face the White, The Orc Lord, The Lich King, any and all and we will not flinch. We're fighting for the dream of the Empire, the dream of peace. Even if we will know none."

pre:
Stats      1/Battle  Songs     Spells        Cries   
HP 135/144 []Heal    [X]Legends  []Discomb.   *20/16+esc5: recovery&3+3d6
AC 24      []Tracker [X]Heroes   []Befuddle   *Hit: save
PD 21      []Racial  [X]Blood    [X]Soundburst *Evenmiss: +2 atk ally
MD 22                []Victory               *11+: recovery
                     
Bonus Spells                         
[]Transfer Enchantment
[X]Ghoul Form
[]Hammer of Faith
[X]The Elven Shadows
[X]Dragon Leap
[X]Strength of the Gods

*Dancing Lights
*Cantrips: Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Ghost Sound

Initiative 12+  Recoveries: 3/8 (8d8+6)				 	
Melee Attack: +15 vs AC; 8d8+14 damage
Spell Attack: +12 vs ??:
+3d8 damage against most dangerous opponent
Boots: +2 to disengage and fancy footwork

Items
[]Roll Recharge or Regain 1/Battle
[X]Spend recovery to rage 
[X]Roll save to to not expend last divine spell
[]Recharge 16+ cancel MD attack effect
[]Recharge 5+ Wall Walk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013



Temur Arderne

Temur quickly experiments with the floating disc before getting enough of a grasp of it's function to spur it forward after Pyrrhus, shouting to Isaac as he passes him. "Enough with the dramatics Isaac! Unleash whatever Hell you have prepared already!"

Recharging Supreme Tactical Strike
Quick: Use Supreme Tactical Strike on Isaac.
Standard: Weigh The Odds
-Weigh The Odds: 1d4 3
Move: Engage Uroka


pre:
Temur Arderne
HP: 172/176  THP: 0  Command Points:4 Moment of Glory:2  Recoveries: 8/9 (8d8+12)   Initiative: +9
AC 27     PD 22     MD 25
Sword +3(MBA): 1d20+15+ED; 8d8+15, 8 Miss
Verutum(RBA): 1d20+9+ED; 8d6+3

At Will			Encounter			Daily/Recharge
Rally Now: 1CP          [ ]Hold The Line                [X]Tactician Daily
Save Now!: 1CP                                          [X]Supreme Tactical Strike(16+)
Try Again: 2CP                                          [ ]Basic Tactical Strike(6+)
You Know What To Do!: 4CP                               [ ]Just Stay Calm(16+)
Fight From The Front					[X]Buck Up(16+)
Weigh the Odds						[ ]Potion Belt(16+)
 							[ ]Reckless Sword(6+)
 							[ ]On Your Feet, Maggots!(16+)
 							[ ]Tactician Champion Feat
							[ ]Helm of Psychic Retribution (16+)
Conditionals

Consumables
Champion Healing Potion

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.



Isaac Boreas

"Hmph! You should know that my art will not be rushed," Isaac replies to Temur, chidingly. "If I get so much as one minor detail wrong it could spell a swift death for each and every one of us!" He looks down at his magical focus, which is now flashing violently with arcane power, and he grins. "But I suppose we are under some time pressure..." He places his other hand on top of the orb and starts to rapidly recite a long incantation from memory.

"The Black Wind of Eternity howls!" He exclaims, his preparations complete. "Listen closely to your inevitable fate, and despair." The red light inside the orb begins to rotate, faster and faster, and so does the cold wind, which transforms into a frenzied whirlwind inside the tower! Screeching with the wail of a thousand banshees, one could say that the reaping wind tugs at your soul much like a full-blown hurricane would tug at your umbrella. While he himself is unaffected by it, Isaac has to weave protective magic to shield his allies at the same time he channels the wind, but even so the freezing touch of the infinite dead manage to grasp at their souls, if only for the briefest of moments, leaving them with an uneasy cold sensation lingering in their bodies. Uroka too protects himself before it is too late, but his minions stand no chance. As they desperately cling to their platforms they all let out a blood-curdling scream, adding their voices to the howling wind as their souls are rent from their bodies.

Circle of Death! (Uroka, Minions): 5#1d20+16+8 35, 35, 37, 37 and 40 vs PD. All Hit! 2d8*10+17 Minions take 137 Negative Energy Damage. Uroka resists and only takes 68.
Friendly Fire (Jack, Pyrrhus, Ryu, Temur): 4#1d20+16+8 30, 26, 28 and 39. All Hit. 3d8 13 Negative Energy Damage.

pre:
Isaac Boreas
Stats		Battle/At-will*		 Daily Spells			Items/Powers
HP 96/96 (+26)	[*] Chant of Endings VII [X] Summon Undead VII (16+)	[ ] Belt of Heroic Resolve (11+)
AC 22		[*] Deathknell VII	 [X] Summon Wraith VII (16+)	[ ] Obsidian Orb
PD 20		[ ] Death's Call VII	 [X] Circle of Death VII   	[ ] Robe of Perseverance
MD 23					 [X] Wave of Decay VII	(16+)  	[ ] Strider Symbiote (11+)
Re 5/8 (8d6-3)			 	 [ ] Finger of Death IX		[ ] Tome of Foresight (16+)
 + 1/1 (20)			 	 [4] Speak with Dead VII   	[X] Cackling Soliloquist
Spell mod +16				 
Initiative x2+9				 
pre:
Pyrrhus
HP 59/72 AC 26 PD 24 MD 20
Claws and bite +15 vs. AC  3d8 Damage
[ ] Fiery Breath +15 vs. PD (1d3 targets)  8d4 Fire Damage
[ ] Dragonbone Armor (6+)  Prevent 25 damage from an attack

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Uroka looks around in shock as his minions curl up and die.
"Wh- Do you know what you're doing?! Do you know what kind of power thrums around us at this very moment?!"

He stamps, and the platform he's on floats off, getting in the way of your attempts to stop him.
"Well enough that I can do something about this..."
Uroka raises a hand, and lightning bolts streak forth, shocking Isaac and Jack badly! But a bolt also strikes a station over a minion's crumpled body, and it begins to spark and hum.
"The plan continues! I will be a servant for our coming masters!"

Uroka attempts a disengage, 14-2 succeeds!
Lightning blast! Targets Isaac, Jack, and some equipment
32 hits Isaac's PD, 34 hits Jack's, Autohits the equipment.
Isaac and Jack take 70 damage each
One bank sparks and thrums with power!


Without people at the controls, much of the tower's runes begin to dim. You've done something... But Uroka's reckless magic may prove harmful as well.

Jack and Ryu are up! Escalation is at 0
Those pads are quite easy to operate. I've put a couple on you on the pads, but you can switch up if you want.
Move action to move the pad wherever, though you have to roll disengages or take OAs if you're moving someone out of engagement.




pre:
Taage Uroka		432/580 HP		AC27 PD22 MD24

Resist limited attacks 16+ (anything not at-will)

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!



Jack "Shadow" Callahan

Jack spasms with the lightning blast, but he grimly moves the controls to brings his pad closer to Uroka. The fool wanted to be a slave. Couldn't he see that he there was a better way? Claws of shadow flail at enemy, but Jack's heart just isn't in it.

Quick: Hammer of Faith
Move: Engage Uroka
Standard: Attack!


Hammer Uroka: 1d20+15 24

Hammer reroll: 1d20+15 23
Racial reroll: 1d20+15 24
Orokos has spoken!

Damage: 8d12+14 44 = 30 damage!
Battlecry: Ryu gets +2 to his next attack

pre:
Stats      1/Battle  Songs     Spells        Cries   
HP 52/144 []Heal    [X]Legends  []Discomb.   *20/16+esc5: recovery&3+3d6
AC 24      []Tracker [X]Heroes   []Befuddle   *Hit: save
PD 21      [X]Racial  [X]Blood    [X]Soundburst *Evenmiss: +2 atk ally
MD 22                []Victory               *11+: recovery
                     
Bonus Spells                         
[]Transfer Enchantment
[X]Ghoul Form
[X]Hammer of Faith
[X]The Elven Shadows
[X]Dragon Leap
[X]Strength of the Gods

*Dancing Lights
*Cantrips: Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Ghost Sound

Initiative 12+  Recoveries: 3/8 (8d8+6)				 	
Melee Attack: +15 vs AC; 8d8+14 damage
Spell Attack: +12 vs ??:
+3d8 damage against most dangerous opponent
Boots: +2 to disengage and fancy footwork

Items
[]Roll Recharge or Regain 1/Battle
[X]Spend recovery to rage 
[X]Roll save to to not expend last divine spell
[]Recharge 16+ cancel MD attack effect
[]Recharge 5+ Wall Walk

Mr. Prokosch fucked around with this message at Jan 11, 2018 around 00:56

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there



Ryu Kazama

"And there it is. For all your high and mighty talk, you have no intention of doing what's right. You admit that you're a servant, trading one master for another. And you can die a slave." Ryu sends his platform flying at Uroka, crashing into him blade-first.

Move to engage Uroka
Giant Strike: 1d20+5+1+9 31 8d10+31 98

Ryu Kazama, Human Stalwart 8
HP: 176/176 Recoveries: 4/10 (8d10+12)
Greatness NO
AC 26 (+0) PD 23 (+0) MD 19 (+0)
Initiative/Power Stunt 2d20k1+7; 2#1d4
Resist cold/fire/poison 16+
-1 to saves

STR: 20|+5 CON: 18|+4 DEX: 08|-1
INT: 10|00 WIS: 15|+2 CHA: 13|+1
Weapon: 1d20+5+8+4+ED; 8d10+19
Unarmed: 1d20+5+8+ED; 8d8+15
Giant: 1d20+5+1+LVL+ED; 8d10+31

Limited Powers
[ ] [ ] Power Stunt (ED 2,4)
[ ] Obnoxious Cursed Axe Damage (1/battle)
[ ] Divine Stamina (rchg 11+)
[x] Armorbreaker (rchg 11+)
[x] Swordbreaker (rchg 16+)
[ ] Dragon's Rend (rchg 16+)
[x] Catapult Throw (rchg 16+)
[ ] Mountain Splitter (rchg 16+)
[ ] Gauntlets of Spell Deflection (rchg 16+)
[ ] Belt of Resurgence (rchg 16+)
[ ] Adamant Greaves (rchg 16+)
[ ] Chuulish Reflexes (rchg 11+, chuul)

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

You meet in grim combat with the last standing Minister of Drakkenhall, led here by fool pride and the looming threat of the White. But as you cross blades, Uroka's errant lightning begins to show its effects! One of the stations suddenly explodes, sending lightning and shrapnel rippling up and down the tower! The platform lights on fire and begins to sink to the ground below, and the shrapnel from explosions rippling up the tower tears through you!

But an errant piece tears across Uroka's face, leaving a bloody gash across his eye, and he screams in fury!

The station explodes! Affects everyone!
28 hits Temur's AC, Miss on Jack, Hit vs Isaac, Miss vs Pyrrhus, Hit vs Ryu, Crit vs Uroka!
Temur, Isaac, and Ryu take 20 damage. Uroka takes 40!
Another station starts sparking!


Another station begins to spark, shrapnel buried in its instruments. Whatever delicate instruments control the power of the Iron Sea, they are clearly beginning to fail.

Temur and Isaac are up! Escalation is at 1!



pre:
Taage Uroka		264/580 HP		AC27 PD22 MD24

Resist limited attacks 16+ (anything not at-will)

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.



Isaac Boreas

Isaac could barely feel the complaints of his aching, wounded body. Instead his senses were absolutely intoxicated with the nigh unlimited power he had at his fingertips. Even Uroka's streaks of lightning only served to empower him further as his magical robe absorbs some of the energy.

"Heh. Heheheh. I cannot believe how FOOLISH you were to stand against me!" He splays his fingers in Uroka's direction and unleashes a torrential stream of raw negative energy that washes over him like a flood. He lets go a moment later, grinning ear to ear, expecting to see nothing but the rotting corpse of Uroka, but to his surprise the ogre was still standing.

"What are you trying to prove, mage? Your resilience will only serve to extend your suffering!" He lets the power flow from his hands again, intending to annihilate what is left of the thrall of the White, but then he ceases his attack, again, as sudden realization dawns on him. Isaac closes his eyes and lets out a deep breath, letting the overwhelming power fade from his body. "On second thought, you will serve a most useful test subject for my upcoming experiments. I am interested to see whether you can be severed from the White's influence."

"Take him alive, Slayers." says Isaac and gives Pyrrhus a nod, who in turn swoops down and brutally slams his tail down on Uroka as he yet reels from Isaac's onslaught. "And let us get out of here before the tower explodes."

My Escalation Die is still at 8 until the end of my turn.
Resist limited attacks 16+: 1d20 9, Uroka resists.
Free: Wave of Decay vs Taage Uroka: 24d12 155 77 Negative Energy Damage.
Quick: Robe of Preservation (Wave of Decay): 1d20t16 1. Wave of Decay Recharges!
Resist limited attacks 16+: 1d20 2, Uroka resists again.
Standard: Wave of Decay vs Taage Uroka: 24d12 164 82 Negative Energy Damage.
The Escalation Die returns to the table at 1.
Pyrrhus moves to engage Uroka.
Pyrrhus attacks Uroka: 1d20+15+1 36, Crit! 3d8 15 30 Damage!

pre:
Isaac Boreas
Stats		Battle/At-will*		 Daily Spells			Items/Powers
HP 32/96 (+00)	[*] Chant of Endings VII [X] Summon Undead VII (16+)	[ ] Belt of Heroic Resolve (11+)
AC 22		[*] Deathknell VII	 [X] Summon Wraith VII (16+)	[ ] Obsidian Orb
PD 20		[ ] Death's Call VII	 [X] Circle of Death VII   	[X] Robe of Perseverance
MD 23					 [X] Wave of Decay VII	  	[ ] Strider Symbiote (11+)
Re 5/8 (8d6-3)			 	 [ ] Finger of Death IX		[ ] Tome of Foresight (16+)
 + 1/1 (20)			 	 [4] Speak with Dead VII   	[X] Cackling Soliloquist
Spell mod +16				 
Initiative x2+9				 
pre:
Pyrrhus
HP 59/72 AC 26 PD 24 MD 20
Claws and bite +15 vs. AC  3d8 Damage
[ ] Fiery Breath +15 vs. PD (1d3 targets)  8d4 Fire Damage
[ ] Dragonbone Armor (6+)  Prevent 25 damage from an attack

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013



Temur Arderne

"Harder, Ryu. Thick-headed idiots like this one need extra teaching for lessons to take." Ryu obliges Temur, laying into the ogre magi once more as he tries to recover from Isaac's necromantic onslaught. A jab to the gut with a follow up hook to the chin staggers Uroka once more. Temur pushes the disc he and Jack are on forward, sword raised. "Move over." Uroka rises and lashes out at Temur who catches his blows with his shield before slamming the pommel of his sword into Uroka's temple once then twice before shoving the ogre back off his shield.

Move: Engage Uroka
Standard: Attack Uroka
-Melee Attack vs AC (@Uroka): 1d20+16 17 8d8+15 54 Ha ha no we Reckless in here.
--Reckless Attack: 1d20+20 28 There's the Temur I know and love. 54 damage to Uroka, enemies can use the ED against Temur UEoE.
Quick: Use Basic Tactical Strike on Ryu.
-Melee Attack vs AC (@Uroka): 1d20+22 36 8d10+23 67 67 more damage for 121 total, ending with a K.O.


pre:
Temur Arderne
HP: 152/176  THP: 0  Command Points:4 Moment of Glory:2  Recoveries: 8/9 (8d8+12)   Initiative: +9
AC 27     PD 22     MD 25
Sword +3(MBA): 1d20+15+ED; 8d8+15, 8 Miss
Verutum(RBA): 1d20+9+ED; 8d6+3

At Will			Encounter			Daily/Recharge
Rally Now: 1CP          [ ]Hold The Line                [X]Tactician Daily
Save Now!: 1CP                                          [X]Supreme Tactical Strike(16+)
Try Again: 2CP                                          [ ]Basic Tactical Strike(6+)
You Know What To Do!: 4CP                               [ ]Just Stay Calm(16+)
Fight From The Front					[X]Buck Up(16+)
Weigh the Odds						[ ]Potion Belt(16+)
 							[ ]Reckless Sword(6+)
 							[ ]On Your Feet, Maggots!(16+)
 							[ ]Tactician Champion Feat
							[ ]Helm of Psychic Retribution (16+)
Conditionals

Consumables
Champion Healing Potion

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Uroka falls to his knees under Isaac's magical assault. The tattoos all over his body spark, wards against magical assault, but the effort clearly weakens the Ogre Magi.
"I... I will not fall so eablosily! The... the tower! You don't know what it is capable of..."

He turns and raises a hand towards the crystal at the top of the tower, mumbling something. But it gives Temur and Ryu the opportunity they need to deliver the blows to knock the Minister of Order on the head.

Taage Uroka struggles to stay upright, but as he slumps to the floor of his platform, he's smiling.
"I will die... in service..."

You pause, expecting some kind of elaborate suicide, but the Ogre is only unconscious. But the calm only lasts a moment.

A flash of light draws your attention upwards, and you see the crystal at the top of the lighthouse begin flashing different colors. Magical beams streak out in every direction, striking Jack and Temur! Temur's head begins to glow orange, and for a moment he feels muddled, as if the slightest effort would take everything he had. Jack gets hit by a purple beam and winks out of existence. The rest of you look in horror at the place Jack used to be, but there are other concerns to deal with!

The lighthouse tower is going critical!
2 random targets, Temur and Jack! 22 hits Temur, 30 hits Jack
Temur get's orange, he'll take 130 damage if he uses a standard action.
Jack get's purple, he is removed from play until the start of his next turn, and loses his move action upon returning.


Isaac swiftly realizes that Uroka set the lighthouse tower into a magical overload. Even if you could make it out in time, the sheer magical force could wipe out half of Drakkenhall in the explosion. The tower is crumbling around you... but something must be done!



The overloading crystal replaces Uroka in initiative.
Jack and Ryu are up, Escalation is at 1! So yeah, if Jack takes his turn there's really no terrible effects from being teleported besides losing his move action.
Defenses for the crystal are included. For this one, Captain Walker, I'd like to do some... power stunt negotiations? I want them to be cool, but, perhaps, needing a little support on this one.
So have fun with it!


pre:
 Lighthouse Crystal AC28 PD24 MD24

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there



Ryu Kazama

Ryu springs into action, moving his platform dangerously close to the sparking crystal, dodging magical beams left and right. He grabs hold of the arcane artifact with both hands and focuses with all his might on making the drat thing do as little as possible. "I can't hold it for long! Isaac, it's your time to shine."

move to engage crystal
Power Stunt Attack: 1d20+5+8+4+1 33 HIT, crystal is stunned UEONT
Standard, uh, is there a total defense like 4e where I can get +4 to all defenses USOMNT?

Ryu Kazama, Human Stalwart 8
HP: 176/176 Recoveries: 4/10 (8d10+12)
Greatness NO
AC 26 (+0) PD 23 (+0) MD 19 (+0)
Initiative/Power Stunt 2d20k1+7; 2#1d4
Resist cold/fire/poison 16+
-1 to saves

STR: 20|+5 CON: 18|+4 DEX: 08|-1
INT: 10|00 WIS: 15|+2 CHA: 13|+1
Weapon: 1d20+5+8+4+ED; 8d10+19
Unarmed: 1d20+5+8+ED; 8d8+15
Giant: 1d20+5+1+LVL+ED; 8d10+31

Limited Powers
[x] [ ] Power Stunt (ED 2,4)
[ ] Obnoxious Cursed Axe Damage (1/battle)
[ ] Divine Stamina (rchg 11+)
[x] Armorbreaker (rchg 11+)
[x] Swordbreaker (rchg 16+)
[ ] Dragon's Rend (rchg 16+)
[x] Catapult Throw (rchg 16+)
[ ] Mountain Splitter (rchg 16+)
[ ] Gauntlets of Spell Deflection (rchg 16+)
[ ] Belt of Resurgence (rchg 16+)
[ ] Adamant Greaves (rchg 16+)
[ ] Chuulish Reflexes (rchg 11+, chuul)

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!



Jack "Shadow" Callahan

Jack is hit by the purple ray and blinks out of existence. A few seconds later he blinks back, trailed by tendrils of shadow. Revitalized by his transdimensional journey he kneels next to Uroka's unconscious body.

"You will die in service... TO ME!"

There was only one person here who really knows how the tower works and how to safely disperse or discharge its energy. If Uroka wanted to be a slave so bad, Jack would oblige.

Befuddle: 1d20+13 25

Minor: Heal Uroka
Standard: Befuddle Uroka


pre:
Stats      1/Battle  Songs     Spells        Cries   
HP 52/144 [X]Heal    [X]Legends  []Discomb.   *20/16+esc5: recovery&3+3d6
AC 24      []Tracker [X]Heroes   [X]Befuddle   *Hit: save
PD 21      [X]Racial  [X]Blood    [X]Soundburst *Evenmiss: +2 atk ally
MD 22                []Victory               *11+: recovery
                     
Bonus Spells                         
[]Transfer Enchantment
[X]Ghoul Form
[X]Hammer of Faith
[X]The Elven Shadows
[X]Dragon Leap
[X]Strength of the Gods

*Dancing Lights
*Cantrips: Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Ghost Sound

Initiative 12+  Recoveries: 3/8 (8d8+6)				 	
Melee Attack: +15 vs AC; 8d8+14 damage
Spell Attack: +12 vs ??:
+3d8 damage against most dangerous opponent
Boots: +2 to disengage and fancy footwork

Items
[]Roll Recharge or Regain 1/Battle
[X]Spend recovery to rage 
[X]Roll save to to not expend last divine spell
[]Recharge 16+ cancel MD attack effect
[]Recharge 5+ Wall Walk

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Uroka's eyes flutter open, though his eyes weave blearily around the room. Jack's spell takes hold on the weakened Uroka, who blearily sits up and mumbles.
"Yes... serve... what would you have of me?"

But every precious moment counts, as another set of explosions rock the tower and pepper you with more shrapnel. Isaac and Jack are quite nearly knocked off their platforms by the blast, and it's only their hard won tenacity from their adventures that they manage to hang on to consciousness.
But the malfunctions have spread through most of the tower now, sending sparks flying from incomprehensible contraptions and gadgets all around you. The burning magical materials will soon become unbearable.

More delicate equipment explodes! Everyone is attacked vs AC
Hit vs Temur, Hit vs Jack, Hit vs Isaac, Miss vs Pyrrhus, Miss vs Ryu
Temur, Jack, and Isaac take 20 damage!
2 more consoles look ready to explode


Ryu's silver tattoo glows as he tries to save his home from destruction. His spellbreaker gauntlets begin to glow as he tries his best to halt the crystal's destructive overload. It works... somewhat. It won't last forever, but the Stalwart has clearly bought you precious time. The intense glow of the crystal dims, and its kaleidoscope array of magic slows.

Temur still has that orange magic glow, and will take 130 damage if he does a standard action. Standard action resolves first fyi.
Because the crystal is stunned, Everyone is up! Escalation is at 2!, and I'll want orders from Jack for what Uroka does.




pre:
 Lighthouse Crystal AC28 PD24 MD24

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there



Ryu Kazama

"Maybe if I unplug the drat thing, it'll lose power?" No such luck. The stalwart effortlessly knocks the crystal from its housing and drops it onto Isaac's platform, but it continues to spark and shimmer, seemingly undiminished. However, as Ryu touches the container where the crystal is stored, the rest of the tower briefly shimmers, or is it his imagination. Regardless, he makes a snap decision, placing an arm in each of the receptacles where the crystal was held. "Jack, Isaac,; do something magical, and make it fast! I can hold this for maybe a minute!" A powerful shock knocks the Champion to his knees. "Make that thirty seconds!"

Quick: Arcane Alt-F4 (WIS + Champion): 1d20+3+2+8 24 figure out how to channel Geas energy through the tower
Standard: Ryu the Living Battery Save (16+): 1d20+5 7
I'm thinking that running the concentrated energy of the whole tower through Ryu allows him to delay the explosions a bit, but at great personal cost (as usual). Every turn I need to make a 16+ save or lose a recovery.

Ryu Kazama, Human Stalwart 8
HP: 151/176 Recoveries: 3/10 (8d10+12)
Greatness NO
AC 26 (+0) PD 23 (+0) MD 19 (+0)
Initiative/Power Stunt 2d20k1+7; 2#1d4
Resist cold/fire/poison 16+
-1 to saves

STR: 20|+5 CON: 18|+4 DEX: 08|-1
INT: 10|00 WIS: 15|+2 CHA: 13|+1
Weapon: 1d20+5+8+4+ED; 8d10+19
Unarmed: 1d20+5+8+ED; 8d8+15
Giant: 1d20+5+1+LVL+ED; 8d10+31

Limited Powers
[x] [ ] Power Stunt (ED 2,4)
[x] Obnoxious Cursed Axe Damage (1/battle)
[ ] Divine Stamina (rchg 11+)
[x] Armorbreaker (rchg 11+)
[x] Swordbreaker (rchg 16+)
[ ] Dragon's Rend (rchg 16+)
[x] Catapult Throw (rchg 16+)
[ ] Mountain Splitter (rchg 16+)
[x] Gauntlets of Spell Deflection (rchg 16+)
[ ] Belt of Resurgence (rchg 16+)
[ ] Adamant Greaves (rchg 16+)
[ ] Chuulish Reflexes (rchg 11+, chuul)

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!



Jack "Shadow" Callahan

"Uroka! Help us refocus the tower's power! We need to bleed off the excess energy as a beam strike! Isaac, you're some kind of wizard, right? Scry through the link in the crystal to give us a target!"

Standard/move: Commanding Uroka to tell me how to work this thing and then work this thing
Free: Restore heal encounter power
Minor: Heal myself
Imperial Special Forces + Wisdom: 1d20+1+5+8 29
Recovery: 8d8+6 35

pre:
Stats      1/Battle  Songs     Spells        Cries   
HP 67/144 [X]Heal    [X]Legends  []Discomb.   *20/16+esc5: recovery&3+3d6
AC 24      []Tracker [X]Heroes   [X]Befuddle   *Hit: save
PD 21      [X]Racial  [X]Blood    [X]Soundburst *Evenmiss: +2 atk ally
MD 22                []Victory               *11+: recovery
                     
Bonus Spells                         
[]Transfer Enchantment
[X]Ghoul Form
[X]Hammer of Faith
[X]The Elven Shadows
[X]Dragon Leap
[X]Strength of the Gods

*Dancing Lights
*Cantrips: Prestidigitation, Mage Hand, Ghost Sound

Initiative 12+  Recoveries: 3/8 (8d8+6)				 	
Melee Attack: +15 vs AC; 8d8+14 damage
Spell Attack: +12 vs ??:
+3d8 damage against most dangerous opponent
Boots: +2 to disengage and fancy footwork

Items
[X]Roll Recharge or Regain 1/Battle
[X]Spend recovery to rage 
[X]Roll save to not expend last divine spell
[]Recharge 16+ cancel MD attack effect
[]Recharge 5+ Wall Walk

Mr. Prokosch fucked around with this message at Feb 12, 2018 around 23:34

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Uroka sits up bolt upright, but his eyes are strangely unfocused. He moves painfully slowly, considering the situation. He's in a daze from the power of Jack's spell, but it's better than what you had before.

The Ogre hops over to one of the remaining control consoles and rips out a panel. He twists some runes around and casts some sort of incantation, and the console stops sparking. As Uroka begins to work the buttons and levers, he speaks aloud, monotone in contrast to the intense heat and light around you.

"Safety shut down is destroyed, firing is probably the only way to avoid an explosion. I can begin charging a shot here... Shadow Master, you will need to take the other console and re-route power. It controlled the shielding... you will not need it."

Jack drives his platform to the last, sparking platform and glances it at it. It's hardly easy to interpret and labeled in some kind of draconic, but the giant piece of shrapnel sticking out of it probably isn't helping.
Background check from Discord: 29
Jack quickly grips the piece and tears it out, but as soon as he does arcs of magical power burst from the magical machine and strike him with power. He's nearly knocked off his platform, but manages to hold on. As he clambers to his feet again he's relieved to see electric currents are no longer running across the screens and runes on the contraption.

Jack takes 30 damage... but the console stops sparking!

Uroka continues speaking all the while.

"The aiming console was destroyed as well, which was not helped by removing the crystal from its housing. You will need to aim the beam... manually." Uroka gives a meaningful look at Ryu.



Temur and Isaac still have their actions

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.



Isaac Boreas

" 'Some kind of wizard?' Hmph! I would lecture you... to not equate me with those common firestarters, Callahan... but I suppose we are running somewhat short on time..." Isaac says with ragged breath, only now feeling just how hurt he was, having let go of the power and the euphoric sensation that came with it. Falling to one knee on the platform next to the crystal, he hovers it to the center of the tower to bring it into alignment. "If Uroka was correct... the White is able to exert her influence through this crystal. I wonder if perhaps the link works both ways..." He places his hand on the focus and smears it with his blood. His eyes glaze over with darkness as he concentrates, then his lips curl into a smile. "Prepare... to fire..."

Move: Move the platform to bring the focus into alignment.
Quick: Death's Call: Choosing myself. If I'm the next creature to drop to 0 hp, I can heal using a recovery.
Standard: Lock on target (Master's in Death + Intelligence): 1d20+5+5+8 31

Pyrrhus stands by to react in case something goes awry.

pre:
Isaac Boreas
Stats		Battle/At-will*		 Daily Spells			Items/Powers
HP 12/96 (+00)	[*] Chant of Endings VII [X] Summon Undead VII (16+)	[ ] Belt of Heroic Resolve (11+)
AC 22		[*] Deathknell VII	 [X] Summon Wraith VII (16+)	[ ] Obsidian Orb
PD 20		[X] Death's Call VII	 [X] Circle of Death VII   	[X] Robe of Perseverance
MD 23					 [X] Wave of Decay VII	  	[ ] Strider Symbiote (11+)
Re 5/8 (8d6-3)			 	 [ ] Finger of Death IX		[ ] Tome of Foresight (16+)
 + 1/1 (20)			 	 [4] Speak with Dead VII   	[X] Cackling Soliloquist
Spell mod +16				 
Initiative x2+9				 
pre:
Pyrrhus
HP 59/72 AC 26 PD 24 MD 20
Claws and bite +15 vs. AC  3d8 Damage
[ ] Fiery Breath +15 vs. PD (1d3 targets)  8d4 Fire Damage
[ ] Dragonbone Armor (6+)  Prevent 25 damage from an attack

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Isaac dives into the crystal's magic, past the writhing power on the surface into the very source of its magic. The storms coming off the Iron Sea, harnessed by the Blue, then focused to cast a light far and deep into the depths of the world. The path was already there, with telltale signs of sinister Ogre magic leading the way. Isaac casts his minds eye far and deep into the Iron ocean... but not as far as he was expecting.

He would only need a flash, just a little time to know where the White was, and then he could leave. The tower's magic was designed for this, and could keep its target itself without Isaac's intervention. He just needed a moment to find it, buoyed by the wild strength of the lighthouse crystal.

For just a moment, Isaac beholds the White, but for that moment, the White sees him.



The rest of the Dragon Slayers witness Isaac stumble back from the crystal, but whatever he did, it worked. A thread of light appears in the air, spinning off into the depths of the Iron Sea. All that remained was getting the Crystal to the right place.

But with so many systems destroyed, you're going to have to move it yourself.



Aight, with Ryu tanking the Crystal, I'm willing to go full narrative here. Have at it!

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.



Isaac Boreas

Isaac lets out a pained groan and clutches his head as he reels back from the crystal, seemingly experiencing a splitting headache. "Nnngh! The crystal... No!" Letting go of his head he plucks up his obsidian orb and clutches it with a death grip. "I will end it here and now..." he mutters, again drawing so much arcane energy through his focus that he's entirely veiled in deep shadows, a dark silhouette that refuses to be illuminated despite standing in the middle of a burning tower. "This foolish crusade, this pathetic resistance... I will end it all!"

"Kazama," Isaac looks at Ryu with eyes glowing bright and white, and slowly lifts his hand to point at his long time companion. "We have fought long and hard, but I can see now that it has all been for nought. We should have sided with the White to begin with, but I am afraid that by now it is far too late." He grins wickedly, his finger fully extended and pointing directly at Ryu, ready to end his life and by extension cause the entire tower to explode catastrophically. "My friend. Time to di-" his voice is cut short and his spell interrupted as a large skeletal mass crashes down on him from above, smashing the unfortunate necromancer into the platform hard and knocking him out cold!

"Shut it!" Pyrrhus roars down at his unconscious master, then throws his head back in a boisterous laughter. "drat that felt good! I've been eager to do that ever since that prick raised me from the dead. Glad he finally gave me an excuse to do it," he rumbles with glee. He then wraps a claw around Isaac's body and scoops him up from the platform. "Alright, shove the tower up the White's rear end and lets get out of here." He spreads his wings, ready to beat a hasty retreat. "Hop on if you need a ride."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there



Ryu Kazama

Ryu freezes briefly. In a fair fight, he knows he could take Isaac, even with what appears to be the bidding of the White behind his comrade. But Isaac knows it as well, and is guaranteed to fight dirty. And Ryu's spellbreaker gauntlets are occupied with the crystal.... The stalwart makes a snap decision. "Do what you must, dragon, but know this: if there's one thing I'm good at, it's holding the line!"

Leaping into the air, Ryu raises the crystal above his head and slams it into the nearest wall, aligning it with the path of the beam. He drops back to the platform and braces himself as...Pyrrhus drops his master with a single crushing blow, making Ryu's antics wholly unnecessary. "Never thought I'd say this, but thank you, Pyrrhus."

Another explosion rocks the tower, and Ryu refocuses. "We're out of time. You two take Pyrrhus; I'd hate to weigh him down." He calls for his wyvern, then, without waiting for a response, begins climbing rapidly. A moment before the crystal fires at its target, he pauses, hanging from a hole in the tower's exterior. "Welcome back to the Empire, White. From myself, and all of Drakkenhall, here's your welcoming gift."

With seconds to go, Ryu leaps from the tower, hurtling through the air....

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«56 »