Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«57 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.



Isaac Boreas

Isaac is definitely no spelunker, while he has no issues keeping his nerve being underground in the low light he does not possess any skills to help navigate the cave. Pyrrhus is however quite useful as an expendable scout, he is small enough to get through narrow gaps to figure out where dead ends lie and his bones are easily mended should they be broken.

Pyrrhus goes spelunking. (The Red Flame + Wisdom + Level): 19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Smooth soft red velvety lungs.

Twelve Serene Star

Twelve closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. The air in the cave flows gently around him, slowly building into gentle breeze that seems to flow naturally... but in the wrong direction. His look of serenity falters for a second, and then the air is gone.

"The spelunkers...I think, maybe...MAYBE, they're down this tunnel?" He rubs his eyes. "I think?"

Find the Spelunkers: 1d20+4+1 12+2 (from level) = 14

Captain_Indigo fucked around with this message at Feb 18, 2015 around 21:25

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Given his druthers, Moju would carry out this scouting mission alone. However, the reset of the Dragon Slayers seem eager to come along. It sighs and attempts to keep them from tripping over every fork in the path.

"Perhaps," Moju replies. "But most likely not. I have a hunch, though, that we may find something interesting in..." it mentally reviews the map marked by the Prince of Shadows, then attempts to match the twists and turns of the tunnels to the crude drawings, "this direction."

Follow the map (Burglar + Int): 1d20+4+6 29

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				Daily				
HP	36/36	[ ] Color Spray (Cyclic)		[ ] Acid Arrow
AC	17	[ ] Barrier (Recharge 11+)
PD	14		
MD	14

Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+3)

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010



Grimey Drawer

- Lavi

"Remember, we don't know who or what else is down here...we need to be as quiet as a cat." Lavi said, leading the charge down the caves with his new sword clanging against the floor with every step.

Operation Virtuous Mission (Dex, Stealthcat): 1d20+2+2+2 8

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Its only moments after you enter the cave system that Moju finds his bearings, recognizing the pathways from the map he took from the Spelunker's cave. From there, its a simple journey as they forge ahead.

Phyrrus may not have a working nose, but he is successful in finding a few clues to the Spelunker's passing. The remains of a campsite are found, the signs being footprints in some mud, a bit of spilled oil and some discarded pencils. No signs of struggle, and it doesn't look too old either. A good sign so far.

As Ryu removes some more recent collapses in your path, you stumble on something odd. Underneath the rock is what looks like an enormous mushroom, crushed by the rock fall. Its body is smashed and scattered, but at its side is what appears to be a misshapen spear made of some kind of plant matter.

Twelve, somewhat out of his element, wanders away from the group only to frighten a group of bats. The scared creatures bite and tear at Twelve a little before he can escape and rejoin the others.
Twelve takes 5 damage

As you get closer, Moju notes a number of growths all along the walls. He recognizes them from his time underground as a hallucinogenic fungus, highly regarded by the less morally upright portions of the dwarven community. Completely outlawed in Forge, but certainly worth a lot to certain interested parties. And there's a lot of it here, very carefully tended. Its as if they were being cultivated here...

As you enter the area noted in the map, you begin to hear what at first seem to be screams. But as you get closer, you realize its raucous, nearly hysterical laughter. Unsure of what to expect next you creep forward to the corner. Lavi, being smallest, pokes his head around to see inside.

The room is a riot of strange shapes and colors. Glowing, multicolored vegetation lines the room, coupled with protrusions of fungus and pustules. In the center, seated on the ground around a rock, are four dwarves in a terrible state. One of them lays still on his back, while the other three take great swigs of some liquid out of stone mugs. They're laughing, singing out of key, but there's a tinge of hysteria to their actions, and the things they babble are utter madness.

"The Queen, the Queen is here! Gods bless the shards and up with the crown!"
"Towers and crowns, indeed! Stacked to the heavens, we'll have them for ourselves and use them to wash!"
"And here's the cats, to dance a jig. Come jester, come and play your merry song!"

This last one is directed at Lavi, who stuck his head out a bit too far staring at the spectacle. The dwarf stands up and points at the entrance of the room, which draws the attention of the other occupants.

Large creatures shaped liked mushrooms, some armed, some not, turn and stare with strange beady eyes at your group. They don't say a word, but watch you in utter silence.

M.c.P fucked around with this message at Feb 19, 2015 around 21:43

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010



Grimey Drawer

- Lavi

"Merow? Me, dance?" Lavi looked like he was about to protest, then he saw the armed mushrooms in the back. Welp! Better play along.

"Yes! Behold, I shall show to you the dance of my people!" Lavi suddenly shouted, a little loudly to get the attention of the mushrooms as well as make sure his comrades heard. Singing in rhythm, Lavi danced away from the entrance to the room, to bring the focus away from there so they could figure out what was going on.

Kyu, Kyu, Kyu, NYAA! (Cha, dance): 1d20+3+2 15

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Lavi prances into the center of the room, performing as best he can. The dwarves clap and do their best to follow along, but the mushroom men watch impassively.

Still, their attention is drawn away from the entrance, and none of them have made any hostile actions yet. What now?

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Smooth soft red velvety lungs.

Twelve Serene Star

"Uh-oh..." Twelve whispers as they watch the bizarre events transpire. His eyes widen slightly as the dwarves clap and cheer out of time, flailing their arms and swinging their cups back and forth.

"There were monks in the pass who would get like this sometimes... or similar."

What is happening?: 1d20+1+2+2 14

Twelve attempts to remember what it was that caused the strange state, but it was a rare occurance and the other monks tended to try and keep the divine Star Child away from such earthly frivolities.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Twelve tries to figure out what's going on. Well, it's patently obvious the dwarves are intoxicated by something. And their weapons have been taken and placed in a corner. And, upon closer observation, it looks like their legs are bound with vines.

As Twelve tries to puzzle this out, he gets noticed as well. A mushroom man with a large red cap approaches and holds out a gnarled appendage. It opens a strange sideways mouth and speaks.
"You are... buyers? Viscap is 50 gold a bag. Slaves are 500 gold a head. These are docile. Viscap is strong."

It regards you, waiting for an answer.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.



Isaac Boreas

Isaac whispers to the rest of the party that have yet to show themselves. "I'm fairly certain we have found the spelunkers we are after, but it would do well to have confirmation."

Isaac steps forward around the corner and puts on a slightly disinterested expression.

"That is quite the price you are asking for some addicts. Do tell how you acquired your slaves, and if they have any particular skills that could be helpful."

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

The mushroom answers, probably used to this sort of negotiation.

"Found in our farm. We subdued them, used them to test new crop. Inform you this Viscap not lethal. They are dwarves, hard to kill. Strong, fighters. May need breaking in, could be willful. Had good weapons."

One of the other mushrooms presents a finely made Dwarven axe for inspection. Aside from its obvious quality, this one has an inscription on it.
"Bal Khul, axe of Borni Cragrunner of the Spelunkers"

The mushroom man adds,
"Weapons cost more gold."

this'll be my last post for a bit, barring magical plane Internet. Hash out if you want to fight or negotiate, sneak, whatever. If you do fight, initiative please.

M.c.P fucked around with this message at Feb 20, 2015 around 17:25

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

magic Internet plane is real, so,I actually don't have much to do but post for a while. Go crazy guys.

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju is content to let the more socially-minded party members attempt to negotiate. For now.

"Has the dragon been eating your crops?" it asks, playing a hunch. It squints at the dwarves, trying to see if they're sparkling.

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				Daily				
HP	36/36	[ ] Color Spray (Cyclic)		[ ] Acid Arrow
AC	17	[ ] Barrier (Recharge 11+)
PD	14		
MD	14

Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+3)

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

The mushroom man turns to Moju.
"Had not heard of any dragon. Heard great noises not long ago, but no flying beasts have come here. We have tended here for some time."

Any magical lights here exist only in the minds of the dwarves. Moju doesn't notice any effects beyond their strange hallucinatory reverie.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Smooth soft red velvety lungs.

Twelve Serene Star

Hoping to speak quietly enough that the mushrooms don't hear him, Twelve mumbles to his companions.

"We are going to just ignore the fact that these fungapods are slavers? Where I come from, slavery is looked down upon harshly." He tries to ignore the taunting laughter of The Orc Lord inside his head. "Surely, we don't intend to fund and negotiate with these creatures? Then we are providing a market for their horrific activity."

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.



Isaac Boreas

Isaac nods. "Buying the freedom of the dwarves is not an option, especially seeing as we do not have nearly enough gold."

He then turns back to the mushrooms. "These are the dwarves we are after. They are the spelunkers of the Golden Citadel Paladins and we demand that you set them free and let them go with us. We will give you one chance to let them go and we might overlook your slavery and Viscap operation, if you do not give them up these caverns will be swarming with paladins to hunt you down."

Give up the dwarves (Level + Charisma): 9 Eugh, might as well roll initiative immediately.

Initiatiuve (2d20k1 + 3): 13

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

The fungaloids do not respond well to Isaac's implied threats. They ready their weapons and the one speaking backs away and seems to hum with energy.
"Let them come. We will feed our crops with their bodies. And we can start with you."

Parley has failed, roll initiative!

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Smooth soft red velvety lungs.

Twelve Serene Star

"So be it," Twelve mutters before instantly twisting into The Orc Lord. "YOUR BODIES SHALL BE MULCH!"

Init: 1d20+3 12

pre:
Twelve Serene Star

Stats		Battle/At-will*		Daily
HP	35/40	[*] Red Mist            [ ] Fully Unleash The Orc Lord Spirit
AC	16	[ ] Blood Lust        	[ ] Building Frenzy
PD	16      [ ] Racial: Lethal
MD	12
Rec.	8/8 (2d10+3)
MBA     1d20+5; 2d10+3

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there



Ryu Kazama

"In what world was parley with slavers ever an option? Your lives are forfeit, mushroom men."
Initiative: 2#1d20+1 12 11
Power Stunt: 1d6 2

I might have miscalculated my AC because the Limbs of Iron talent doesn't work in armor, RAW. I PM'd Earthorn about it, but if I'm unarmored I have 16 AC, not 18.

pre:
Ryu Kazama, Human Stalwart 2
Stats		Per-Battle	Daily
HP	40/40	[ ] Power Stunt	[ ] Divine Stamina (recharge 11+)
AC	16
PD	16
MD	13
Recoveries 8/8 (2d10+3)	Greatness YES
Melee: 1d20+7+ED; 2d10+5

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010



Grimey Drawer

- Lavi

Lavi keeps dancing as tensions begin to rise between his group and the mushroom people. Maybe if he keeps dancing and entertaining the dwarves, they won't see him coming?

Initiative: 1d20+2+2 20 (Dunno if I can work my previous dance roll into a sneak attack or something.)

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Moju Initiative: 1d20+3 16

Battle is joined, and the fungaloid you were speaking to begins to emit a high pitched noise. The other two mushroom men join in the strange chorus, filling the room with a vaguely uncomfortable noise. Some of the fungal blooms around you begin to quiver in response, and all of the mushroom men look intent on taking you down!

The Spelunkers respond as well! One of them falls to the floor, rolling around and covering his ears, but the other two leap to their feet!
"To arms! The bell rings, the spiders are here!"
"Derro at the doors! Protect the jester!"
Their legs are still bound, but they're certainly making great effort to hop to you.

Lavi will not be attacked by the Dwarves unless he starts attacking them first.
The Braincap can not make Opportunity attacks.

Lavi and Moju are up, Escalation die is at 0




pre:
Confused Dwarf Yellow lv.0  20/20 AC16  PD13  MD11
Confused Dwarf Green lv.0  20/20  AC16  PD13  MD11
Fungaloid Farmer Red lv.3  32/32  AC19  PD17  MD13
Fungaloid Farmer Blue lv.3  32/32  AC19  PD17  MD13
Braincap lv. 3  90/90  AC19  PD13  MD17
I considered using the Maple Story mushrooms for a long time.

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju grunts at the failure of diplomacy, and steps forward into the battle. "Very well," it grumbles, scanning the ranks of enemies. A bandaged hand begins to glow, and the construct has to remind himself not to attack the dwarves as it picks its targets.

The braincap appears to be the greatest danger, and Moju's new-found abilities furnish it with an array of solutions to this problem. The first solution comes from its glowing hand, which swipes at the air in the braincap's direction. A barrage of tiny green sparks leaps from its hand, arcing through the air to pepper the fungaloid with annoying energy.

Magic Missile: 2d4 5

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				Daily				
HP	36/36	[ ] Color Spray (Cyclic)		[ ] Acid Arrow
AC	17	[ ] Barrier (Recharge 11+)
PD	14		
MD	14

Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+3)

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010



Grimey Drawer

- Lavi

"Looks like the party's over then!" Lavi shouted, twirling around as he unstrapped his greatsword and slammed it down on the larger mushroom behind him.

Smite the Braincap: 1d20+3+2+4 17 Miss! 2d10+1d12+2 18/2 = 9

(Missing on a smite, what a way to start. Everyone gets +1 to attack the Braincap this turn. Moju used magic missile so they lost their chance.)

pre:
Lavi, Felyne Paladin 1
Stats		1/Turn		1/Battle	1/Day
HP	40/40	[X] War Domain	[ ] Evasive	[ ] War Invocation
AC	20			[X] Smite	[ ][ ] BBQ
PD	15					[ ][ ][ ] Smite
MD	15
Recoveries 8/8 (2d10+2)		
Melee Attack: +5 vs AC; 2d10+3 damage
Implacable: Roll saves at start of turn.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

The two armed Fungaloids move forward, and make some communication with each other you can't understand. As one, they converge on Ryu, thrusting with their strange spears! Ryu parries one, but the other finds its way through his guard and gashes at his side.

Red and Blue farmers attack Ryu
One miss, one hit! Ryu takes 10 damage

Isaac, Twelve, and Ryu are up!. Escalation die is still at 0.




pre:
Confused Dwarf Yellow lv.0  20/20 AC16  PD13  MD11
Confused Dwarf Green lv.0  20/20  AC16  PD13  MD11
Fungaloid Farmer Red lv.3  32/32  AC19  PD17  MD13
Fungaloid Farmer Blue lv.3  32/32  AC19  PD17  MD13
Braincap lv. 3  76/90  AC19  PD13  MD17

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there



Ryu Kazama
Swinging in a wide arc, Ryu manages to nick both of the fungaloids.

Titan Swing: 2#1d20+5 19 HIT 22 HIT 2d10+1 5 damage to each

pre:
Ryu Kazama, Human Stalwart 2
Stats		Per-Battle	Daily
HP	30/40	[ ] Power Stunt	[ ] Divine Stamina (recharge 11+)
AC	16
PD	16
MD	13
Recoveries 8/8 (2d10+3)	Greatness YES
Melee: 1d20+7+ED; 2d10+5

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.



Isaac Boreas

"How problematic, in their current state the dwarves are especially susceptible to my doom chants. I will have to try put them to sleep before I can harm the fungi. Pyrrhus, lend Ryu a hand."
"Blech, chewing on toadstools? What do you take me for, Twelve? Let me chomp on the juicy crunchy dwarves instead of those soggy lumps."
"Just pretend that they are extra fat dwarves."
"Yeah, that might work!"


As Pyrrhus charges the closest fungaloid farmer Isaac chants the gloomiest lullaby you've ever heard.

Pyrrhus attacks Fungaloid Farmer Red: 1d20+7 26 Hit for 1d8 3 damage.

Chant of Endings vs. Confused Dwarf Yellow: 1d20+7 12 vs MD. Hit for 1d10+4 9 Negative energy damage.

pre:
Isaac Boreas

Stats		Battle/At-will*		Daily (Recharge)
HP	24/24	[ ] Drain Life		[ ] Summon Undead
AC	13	[*] Chant of Endings	[ ] Unholy Blast
PD	12				[ ] Terror
MD	16
Rec.	8/8 (2d6-1)	Attack Mod. +7 (Base +7)

Pyrrhus
HP	18/18	AC	18	Attack	+7 vs. AC
PD	16	MD	12	Damage	1d8

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at Feb 23, 2015 around 13:58

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Smooth soft red velvety lungs.

Twelve Serene Star

The Orc Lord's eyes flash with chaotic instinct as he bounds towards the fungaloids converging on Ryu. He leaps in to the midst of the group and unleashes a flurry of powerful blows, his claws raking away chunks of mushroom flesh as he slashes them back and forth. He doesn't quite manage to destroy the mushroom, but it looks severely worse for wear when he is done with it.

"THIS IS WHY ANIMALS FIGHT AND PLANTS ARE EATEN!"

MBA/damage: 1d20+5 23 2d10+3 20 damage on farmer Red.

pre:
Twelve Serene Star

Stats		Battle/At-will*		Daily
HP	35/40	[*] Red Mist            [ ] Fully Unleash The Orc Lord Spirit
AC	16	[ ] Blood Lust        	[ ] Building Frenzy
PD	16      [ ] Racial: Lethal
MD	12
Rec.	8/8 (2d10+3)
MBA     1d20+5; 2d10+3

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Yep, you can swap to non-lethal, though it only really matters for the blow that knocks them to 0

As you press forward, the strange shrieking coming from the lead mushroom changes pitch. Suddenly, a patch of fungus below Twelve's feet explodes in a cloud of spores! The Orc Lord breathes deep, and is suddenly overtaken by the Viscap's powerful effects. The great orc slowly turns to face his allies, murder in his eyes!

In the meantime, the dwarves make a concerted effort to hop into the fray. With everyone in pitched combat, they make it to the back lines to attack Isaac and Moju.
"No more lullabies! We ain't tired yet!"
Their swings are ineffectual, but they've begun to work themselves up into a frenzy!

Braincap sprays spores, targets Twelve
19 vs MD, Twelve is Confused (6+ save ends), he must attack an ally with an at-will or basic attack until he saves! Twelve is also vulnerable to psychic damage for the battle
Confused Dwarf Green makes his movement save, engages with Isaac
Misses Isaac, but his next attack will deal more damage!
Confused Dwarf Yellow makes his movement save, engages with Moju
Also misses, but his next attack will deal more damage.

BrainCap can't take Opportunity attacks

Lavi and Moju are up! Escalation die is now at 1




pre:
Confused Dwarf Yellow lv.0  11/20 AC16  PD13  MD11
Confused Dwarf Green lv.0  20/20  AC16  PD13  MD11
Fungaloid Farmer Red lv.3  4/32  AC19  PD17  MD13 STAGGERED
Fungaloid Farmer Blue lv.3  27/32  AC19  PD17  MD13
Braincap lv. 3  76/90  AC19  PD13  MD17

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju makes a noise of distaste as the dwarf begins flailing at him, and attempts to push the drugged man away. Unfortunately, it does not have much luck getting free from the flailing limbs of the dwarf and simply stumbles inelegantly instead.

Disengage: 1d20 10 Taking an opportunity attack to cast a spell.

Unable to free himself of the dwarves, Moju begins to emit a low hum-- similar to the buzzing of bees, but more mechanical. It raises a hand, and a snarling, snapping, twisting bolt of electricity gathers in its palm. Without a word, Moju flings this bolt towards the Braincap in an attempt to overload whatever passes for a brain in a fungaloid. Still new to these powers, Moju only barely tags the Braincap with its electric lash-- but tag the creature it does.

Lightning Scourge attack (vs. PD): 1d20+7 13
Lightning Scourge damage: 3d6 9

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				Daily				
HP	36/36	[ ] Color Spray (Cyclic)		[ ] Acid Arrow
AC	17	[ ] Barrier (Recharge 11+)
PD	14		
MD	14

Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+3)

Whycalibur fucked around with this message at Feb 23, 2015 around 23:04

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010



Grimey Drawer

- Lavi

"Twelve!" Lavi shouted, swinging his giant sword at the large mushroom again before strapping it back to his back and running over to the enraged orc on all fours. "Snap out of it, don't let the mushrooms take over!"

Attack the Braincap: 1d20+3+2+1 23 2d10+2 18
(+1 to hit Braincap again. After the attack, walking over to engage Twelve. Feel free to attack me, I've got the AC to spare.)

pre:
Lavi, Felyne Paladin 1
Stats		1/Turn		1/Battle	1/Day
HP	40/40	[X] War Domain	[ ] Evasive	[ ] War Invocation
AC	20			[X] Smite	[ ][ ] BBQ
PD	15					[ ][ ][ ] Smite
MD	15
Recoveries 8/8 (2d10+2)		
Melee Attack: +5 vs AC; 2d10+3 damage
Implacable: Roll saves at start of turn.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

As Moju casts, the Dwarf tries to grab him, but ends up merely tripping over himself and falling to the floor.

Whatever alien thoughts occupy the fungaloid's heads, even they fight all the more desperately as their life slips away. With unexpected ferocity, they attack with their spears, adding another gash to Ryu's side. Twelve receives a terrible wound in his confused state, a gash running all the way along the Orc's chest, the pain of which only adds to his misdirected fury!
As one, the two armed fungaloids begin to shriek even louder, a noise that threatens to shake your brains out of your ears. Most of you manage to cover your ears in time, but Moju, having no ears, feels bits of his body begin to shake apart.

Opportunity attack misses horribly!
Farmer Blue attacks Ryu, 26 vs AC, hits for 10 damage!
Farmer Blue screams! Attacks against Isaac, Moju, and Lavi
hits Moju at 17 vs PD, he takes 6 psychic damage
Farmer Red attacks Twelve, Crit! 20 damage!
Farmer Red screams! Attacks Twelve, miss!

Twelve, Isaac, and Ryu are up! Escalation die is at 1!




pre:
Confused Dwarf Yellow lv.0  11/20 AC16  PD13  MD11
Confused Dwarf Green lv.0  20/20  AC16  PD13  MD11
Fungaloid Farmer Red lv.3  4/32  AC19  PD17  MD13 STAGGERED
Fungaloid Farmer Blue lv.3  27/32  AC19  PD17  MD13
Braincap lv. 3  49/90  AC19  PD13  MD17

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there



Ryu Kazama

Ryu forces himself to power through the pain of having two extra holes in the side, and Kohryu lends her strength to this effort. He suddenly lashes out with his left hand at the less grievously wounded of the fungal farmers and follows up with a downward slash, but the farmer manages to barely dodge between them both. "rear end in a top hat," he snarls.

Immediate when hit: Divine Stamina: 2d10+3 15
Quick: Catching Mice vs PD: 1d20+7+1 10 MISS
Standard Giant's Strike: 1d20+4+3+1 17 2d10+5 12
Disengage: 1d20 3

pre:
Ryu Kazama, Human Stalwart 2
Stats		Per-Battle	Daily
HP	35/40	[ ] Power Stunt	[x] Divine Stamina (recharge 11+)
AC	16
PD	16
MD	13
Recoveries 7/8 (2d10+3)	Greatness YES
Melee: 1d20+7+ED; 2d10+5

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.



Isaac Boreas

"Pyrrhus, a little help over here!"
"I thought you said that we needed to put them to sleep."
"Don't tear their esophagus out, just make sure that they aren't running around attacking us!"
"Fine, this shroom looks to be on the verge of death anyway."

Pyrrhus runs up and tries to bite one of the dwarves in the leg but the plant matter gets in the way. Meanwhile Isaac tries to get around the other dwarf but he seems insistent on not letting him past.

"Well if you're not tired then you should take a look at the jester, you are missing the show!" The dwarf turns around as Isaac points over his head at Lavi and then Isaac makes a run for it. "What feeble minds."
As he runs across the combat zone he kills the weakened mushroom that stands in his way with a quick spell, channeling its life energies to Twelve.

Pyrrhus moves to engage Confused Dwarf Yellow, drawing an OA from Farmer Red.
Pyrrhus attacks Confused Dwarf Yellow: 1d20+7 11, Miss!

Isaac tries to disengage from the dwarf.
Disengage: 3, Nope.

Turning my standard action into a movement action.
Disengage: 18, Yes.
Move to the other side of Twelve and Lavi.

Deathknell: Fungaloid Farmer Red dies, Twelve heals for 1d6 5 HP.


pre:
Isaac Boreas

Stats		Battle/At-will*		Daily (Recharge)
HP	24/24	[ ] Drain Life		[ ] Summon Undead
AC	13	[*] Chant of Endings	[ ] Unholy Blast
PD	12				[ ] Terror
MD	16
Rec.	8/8 (2d6-1)	Attack Mod. +8 (Base +7, +1 ED)

Pyrrhus
HP	18/18	AC	18	Attack	+7 vs. AC
PD	16	MD	12	Damage	1d8

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Smooth soft red velvety lungs.

Twelve Serene Star

As the cloud of spores clears from around his face, The Orc Lord blinks awkwardly. His mouth spreads into a monstrous, terrible smile. His nostrils flare and his hands clutch at the air until Levi stands before him.

"CRUSH CAT, KILL, RIP FUR, TEAR LIGAMENTS, DRINK BLOOD..."

The Orc Lord swings for Levi, but his orcish strength is know match for feline grace. His knuckles crush against the ground and then his eyes appear to clear of at least SOME of the burning rage swirling around.

"I... WAS NOT MYSELF. HOW DARE YOU TAKE MY SANITY FROM ME, PLANT? LITTLE UGLY WEED? PARASITIC GRASS?"

MBA against Levi: 1d20+5 15 2d10+3 13 Miss!
Shake it off: 1d20 6

pre:
Twelve Serene Star

Stats		Battle/At-will*		Daily
HP	20/40	[*] Red Mist            [ ] Fully Unleash The Orc Lord Spirit
AC	16	[ ] Blood Lust        	[ ] Building Frenzy
PD	16      [ ] Racial: Lethal
MD	12
Rec.	8/8 (2d10+3)
MBA     1d20+5; 2d10+3

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

The lead mushroom glares with its beady eyes at Twelve, sensing his weakness. Twelve meets its gaze, and suddenly his vision is filled with terrible images of his own mortality! A trickle of black blood oozes out of his nose, and the great Orc stiffly falls over, nearly crushing Lavi in the process. On the ground, you watch his form shudder and shift, leaving a badly hurt human on the floor.

The dwarf Isaac left tries his best to pursue, but fails to account for his bound legs. He falls onto his face, cursing all the while. Scrabbling on the ground, he picks up a rock and throws it, but it barely makes it halfway before rolling to a stop.

Unfortunately, the one facing Moju doesn't need to go anywhere. And somehow the Braincap's psychic powers trigger something terrible in him.
"You're no dwarf, you're a fake dwarf. No, I see what you are! Abomination! Die! Die! DieDieDieDIEDIEDIE"
The dwarf lunges for Moju, foaming at the mouth. But he bounces off his magical protection, saving Moju from a very messy situation!

Braincap uses a focused psychic blast on Twelve!
23 vs MD, Twelve takes 21 psychic damage, Twelve is down!
Dwarf Green fails his movement save, throws a rock at Isaac, misses horribly! He no longer does extra damage.
Dwarf Yellow attacks Moju, Crit!
Edit: Oh, you've got Shield, don't you. I'm gonna assume you use that...
16 vs AC, just misses! Dwarf no longer does extra damage.

Lavi and Moju are up! Escalation die is now at 2!




pre:
Confused Dwarf Yellow lv.0  11/20 AC16  PD13  MD11
Confused Dwarf Green lv.0  20/20  AC16  PD13  MD11
Fungaloid Farmer Blue lv.3  27/32  AC19  PD17  MD13
Braincap lv. 3  49/90  AC19  PD13  MD17

Channel life is a bit rough as is. I may allow attacks against allies to auto-succeed.
Reminder to Krysmpheonix that Twelve is a vegetarian

M.c.P fucked around with this message at Feb 24, 2015 around 01:32

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010



Grimey Drawer

- Lavi

"MEOW! Don't eat me! I don't taste good, you'll get hairbal---nyaaaaa!" Lavi scrambled to the side to avoid getting crushed by Twelve, who started turning...human? That wasn't good. "C'mon Twelve, you have to keep your energy up. Here!" Lavi pulled out a piece of grilled plumpkin from his pack and shoved it in the man's mouth. "Eat this, you'll be on your angry feet again in no time!"

BBQ for Twelve: 2d10+3+6 25 (Now that's more like it!)

"As for you mushrooms! You're going to be dinner!"

(BBQ was the quick action. Running over and attacking the blue fungaloid, +1 to others attacking it.)
Attacking Blue Fungaloid: 1d20+3+2+2 16 Miss! 2d10+3 2 miss damage from MBA

pre:
Lavi, Felyne Paladin 1
Stats		1/Turn		1/Battle	1/Day
HP	38/40	[X] War Domain	[ ] Evasive	[ ] War Invocation
AC	20			[X] Smite	[X][ ] BBQ
PD	15					[ ][ ][ ] Smite
MD	15
Recoveries 8/8 (2d10+2)		
Melee Attack: +5 vs AC; 2d10+3 damage
Implacable: Roll saves at start of turn.

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at Feb 24, 2015 around 03:03

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

After Moju fends off the raging dwarf with a dazzling concave lens of energy, it shoulders its way past the man and finally stumps his way towards the Braincap.

Disengage: 1d20 20

"You think you can enter my mind?" Moju growls, reaching up towards its dark glasses. It pulls them away, and its emerald eyes fall back and inwards, leaving only a gaping, swirling void where a normal creature's face would be. "TAKE A STEP INSIDE."

Color Spray targets: 1d4 1
Color Spray Attack: 1d20+8 17
Color Spray Damage: 2d8 12 psychic damage.

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				Daily				
HP	30/36	[ ] Color Spray (Cyclic)		[ ] Acid Arrow
AC	17	[x] Barrier (Recharge 11+)
PD	14		
MD	14

Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+3)

Whycalibur fucked around with this message at Feb 24, 2015 around 03:56

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

The Braincap seems to shake and quiver as it stares at Moju. Is that fear in its eyes? Certainly its movements seem more difficult and deliberate.

The other fungaloid continues its onslaught against Ryu, this time leaving a gash on his arm with its misshapen spear. These things were certainly faster and stronger than they look!

Blue Farmer attacks Ryu, 22 vs AC hits, 10 damage. That's it though.

Braincap can't make Opportunity Attacks
Isaac, Twelve, and Ryu are up, Escalation die is at 2!


pre:
Confused Dwarf Yellow lv.0  11/20 AC16  PD13  MD11
Confused Dwarf Green lv.0  20/20  AC16  PD13  MD11
Fungaloid Farmer Blue lv.3  23/32  AC19  PD17  MD13
Braincap lv. 3  37/90  AC19  PD13  MD17 Staggered
For power stunt, I'll still want an attack roll if you're making an attack, but any other wild and crazy stuff you pull will not require any checks.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Smooth soft red velvety lungs.

Twelve Serene Star

Twelve chews the pumpkin as if in a dream. His jaws work slowly at first, then stronger. His slack muscles grow tense and hard again, his eyes open, filled with fire. The transformation back to The Orc Lord is so swift and brutal that the red form appears to burst out from inside the human monk.

"I WALK AGAIN!" he roars, charging the Braincap.

The strange mushroom knocks the series of blows aside... to begin with. Then one claw gets through, and from there it is a frenzy. The Braincap still lives, but there are chunks of fungal flesh missing from its head.

"FEEL THE WRATH OF THE ORC LORD!"

MBA +Slayer: 1d20+5 182d10+3+1d6+2 21 miss!
Lethal Reroll
And again: 1d20+5 24 2d10+3+1d6+2 20 damage to Braincap.
Forgot escelation die. First attack hits. 21 damage to Braincap



pre:
Twelve Serene Star

Stats		Battle/At-will*		Daily
HP	25/40	[*] Red Mist            [ ] Fully Unleash The Orc Lord Spirit
AC	16	[ ] Blood Lust        	[ ] Building Frenzy
PD	16      [ ] Racial: Lethal
MD	12
Rec.	8/8 (2d10+3)
MBA     1d20+5; 2d10+3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there



Ryu Kazama
Thwarted again in his attempt to break free, Ryu roars and knocks the farmer aside. rushes at the braincap, to little avail.

Disengage: 1d20 2
Fuckit, using power stunt to just pop free
Move to engage Braincap
Titan Grapple: 1d20+7+2 12

pre:
Ryu Kazama, Human Stalwart 2
Stats		Per-Battle	Daily
HP	25/40	[X] Power Stunt	[x] Divine Stamina (recharge 11+)
AC	16
PD	16
MD	13
Recoveries 7/8 (2d10+3)	Greatness NO
Melee: 1d20+7+ED; 2d10+5

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«57 »