Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«57 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.



Isaac Boreas

Now safe out of the reach of the dwarves Isaac can resume his chanting, the weakened dwarf yawns heavily and then suddenly falls to the ground, snoring loudly. "Sweet dreams little spelunker!"

Pyrrhus attacks Confused Dwarf Yellow: 1d20+7 18 vs. AC, hit for 1d8 1 whole point of damage.

Chant of Endings vs. Confused Dwarf Yellow: 1d20+9 17 vs. MD, hit for 1d10+4 6 Negative energy damage.

Sleepknell: Confused Dwarf Yellow is visited by the sandman, Ryu heals for 1d6 6 HP.

Let Pyrrhus intercept the remaning fungaloid farmer if possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

The Braincap, no doubt sensing its imminent death, opens its mouth wide and screams in an unearthly wail! Far louder than its two allies, this wail seems to pierce the mind and rend at your concepts of reality. Lavi and Isaac attempt to cover their ears, but this power is more than sound, and they find their psyches assaulted by the terrible wail.

The remaining dwarf joins in the screams.
"You killed my brother! He's dead, dead by the hands of fate! Vengeance!"
He falls upon Pyrrhus, not accomplishing too much but managing to break a rib or two. At least this time he hasn't worked himself into a frenzy again.

Braincap screams! Attacks Isaac and Lavi
Hits Isaac at 25 vs MD, hits Lavi at 22 vs MD, both take 15 psychic damage!
Green Dwarf makes his movement save, engages with Pyrrhus
hits with 18 vs AC, does 4 damage

Lavi and Moju are up, Escalation die is now at 3!




pre:
Confused Dwarf Green lv.0  20/20  AC16  PD13  MD11
Fungaloid Farmer Blue lv.3  23/32  AC19  PD17  MD13
Braincap lv. 3  16/90  AC19  PD13  MD17 Staggered

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010



Grimey Drawer

- Lavi

"Nyaaaaaaa! Someone shut that thing up!" Lavi shouted trying to plug his ears with no success, and it made swinging his sword around even harder.

Attacking Blue Fungaloid: 1d20+3+2+3 16 Miss! 2d10+2 2
(Others get +1 to attack Fungaloid.)

pre:
Lavi, Felyne Paladin 1
Stats		1/Turn		1/Battle	1/Day
HP	23/40	[X] War Domain	[ ] Evasive	[ ] War Invocation
AC	20			[X] Smite	[X][ ] BBQ
PD	15					[ ][ ][ ] Smite
MD	15
Recoveries 8/8 (2d10+2)		
Melee Attack: +5 vs AC; 2d10+3 damage
Implacable: Roll saves at start of turn.

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju continues to advance on the Braincap with its void deployed. A bone-deep thrumming fills the air. As it approaches the Braincap, Lavi's expert attacks maneuver the remaining Fungaloid into range of Moju's disorienting-- and unsettling-- psychic assault.

Color Spray targets: 1d4 4
Color Spray Attack: 1d20+10 19
Color Spray Damage: 2d8 8 psychic damage.
The Braincap is below 10 HP after the attack; the Braincap is Weakened until the end of my next turn.

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				Daily				
HP	30/36	[x] Color Spray (Cyclic)		[ ] Acid Arrow
AC	17	[x] Barrier (Recharge 11+)
PD	14		
MD	14

Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+3)

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Should be 1 attack per target, rolled for you, got 24 vs md on Blue so you hit both.

The fungaloids stagger and stumble under Moju's assault. The remaining farmer lashes out again, Swinging wide and low and just catching Lavi in the side.
Everyone is ragged from the fight, but the fungaloids are an their very last legs. Its time to finish this!

Blue Farmer attacks Lavi, 20 vs AC, 10 damage!
(its +8 vs ac if you want to re-roll that)

Isaac, Twelve, and Ryu are up! Escalation die is now at 3!

Map is the same.


pre:
Confused Dwarf Green lv.0  20/20  AC16  PD13  MD11
Fungaloid Farmer Blue lv.3  13/32  AC19  PD17  MD13 Staggered
Braincap lv. 3  8/90  AC19  PD13  MD17 Staggered, Weakened

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010



Grimey Drawer

M.c.P posted:

Blue Farmer attacks Lavi, 20 vs AC, 10 damage!
(its +8 vs ac if you want to re-roll that)

(Yeah, gonna do that. Hope you do mind if I roll myself to save time. Evasive gives -2 to the reroll.)
Evasive Reroll: 1d20+6 26 CRIT!
(...uhhhh....what happens now?)

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

According to the luminaries at #badwrongfun, you have to take the second roll, so Lavi just rolled into the path of the blade. 10 more damage!

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.



Isaac Boreas

"Isaac, the other dwarf seems to have taken offense about something, he's weirding me out. I'll bring down the big shroom instead!"
Pyrrhus sprints across the battlefield and leaps at the braincap, but it goes horribly wrong as he instead crashes into Lavi just as the paladin tries to roll out of the way of the smaller fungaloids attack. The jumbled mess makes it easy for the farmer to strike a perfect hit.

Isaac plants his face in his hand for a moment and then faces the braincap with his staff raised.

"So it is a battle of the minds that you are after? Surely you must know that you cannot win!"

Isaac's chanting has none of the loudness of the screeching mushroom, but all of the volume. Purple swirls appear around the braincap, they swiftly close in then flashes brightly when they strike the fungus. It has the time to let out a short yelp before it hits the ground dead.

Pyrrhus attacks Braincap: 1d20+7 Natural 1 vs. AC, fumbles.

Chant of Endings vs. Braincap: 1d20+10 25 vs. MD, hit for 1d10+4 14 Negative energy damage. Braincap dies.

pre:
Isaac Boreas

Stats		Battle/At-will*		Daily (Recharge)
HP	9/24	[ ] Drain Life		[ ] Summon Undead
AC	13	[*] Chant of Endings	[ ] Unholy Blast
PD	12				[ ] Terror
MD	16
Rec.	8/8 (2d6-1)	Attack Mod. +10 (Base +7, +3 ED)

Pyrrhus
HP	14/18	AC	18	Attack	+7 vs. AC
PD	16	MD	12	Damage	1d8

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Smooth soft red velvety lungs.

Twelve Serene Star

The Orc Lord shoots a nasty glare at the dwarf on the other side of the battlefield, but his attention is quickly captured by the remaining mushroom. Who knew that knocking him unconcious would make him even more angry than normal?

"OUT OF MY WAY, TINY KITTEN CHEF!" he snarls.

In a single leap, he clears Levi, and lands atop the mushroom, crushing it against the ground with a nasty full-body slam. When he stands back up, chunks of fungal flesh crumble away from his chest. He gives a small, satisfied smile, until he glances down to see the mushroom still clinging to life.

MBA/Damage: 1d20+5+3 21 2d10+3+1d6+2 12 damage to mushroom blue.
It's a hit, but I can do better, using Lethal
And again: 1d20+5 6 2d10+3+1d6+2 24 Miss, choosing to use the first roll!



pre:
Twelve Serene Star

Stats		Battle/At-will*		Daily
HP	25/40	[*] Red Mist            [ ] Fully Unleash The Orc Lord Spirit
AC	16	[ ] Blood Lust        	[ ] Building Frenzy
PD	16      [X] Racial: Lethal
MD	12
Rec.	8/8 (2d10+3)
MBA     1d20+5; 2d10+3

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.


Time travelling deathknell to end the combat a bit quicker: 1d6 Isaac heals 2 hp.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Isaac and Twelve end the lives of the Fungaloids, and a silence descends on the battlefield.
It is quickly broken by the sound of one of the dwarves being violently ill where he stands. The last dwarf standing stumble to his knees, and gazes at you, but where there was rage and confusion before, there is only an honest lack of understanding.

"Whuh... What happened? Feel like I had a bad cut of drow venom. Who are you folks? Where's my axe? And why do I have bone splinters in my knuckles?"
The dwarf Isaac put to sleep is recovering well, as is the dwarf who didn't participate in the fight. The last one, though...
The last dwarf is on the floor, shivering uncontrollably and staring wide eyed at the ceiling. A mix of vomit and saliva trickles down the side of his mouth. He's definitely not doing well.

Moju, remembering the map, checks what he guesses is a false rock at the back of the room. His guess is rewarded with a secret cache of the Prince of Shadows! Inside are two armor oils and one magical glove. As Moju reaches for it, it nearly leaps into his grasp.

Moju gets the glove of Mind Rot! When he makes a hit with an arcane attack, he can add 1d10 psychic damage to one target. Recharge (6+)

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.



Isaac Boreas

"What happened? From what we have gathered you were investigating a patch of hallucinogenic mushrooms a bit too thoroughly." Isaac walks to the rock in the center of the room while talking. "And then you were enslaved by sentient fungi."

He leans down, grabs a mug that is almost empty and takes a whiff of the contents. "Then we arrived and in your stupor you fought us while we dispatched your controllers." Isaac pours water into the mug until it is half full. "We are the Dragon Slayers, we were hired by your captain Arectus to take care of the uninvited guest in the Citadel." He withdraws several pouches from underneath his cloak and places them on the rock. "To get to the Citadel we need your help to find our way through these caves and into the catacombs." Inside the pouches are fine powders of different colors, Isaac puts a small amount of each into the mug, then swirls it around for a while.

"Needless to say we need you sober enough to do your job." Isaac moves over to the catatonic dwarf and slaps him in the face, the dwarf focuses his wide eyes on Isaac. He then helps the dwarf raise his head and brings the mug to his lips. "Drink. This is a concoction I came up with during my first few years at the Imperial College. It's called 'Raise Dead', at least that is what someone called it for its potent effect and the name stuck. You will feel better in a moment, just try to avoid direct sunlight as much as possible for a couple of days and you should be fine."

Animate Dwarf (Master's in Death + Intelligence + Level): 20

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

The dwarf manages to drink from the proffered cup, and immediately sits bolt upright. Then he starts screaming, but that's rather normal for this cure according to Isaac. Shortly he stops and takes all of you in with clear eyes and a distinct lack of bad symptoms.
"Whuff... told you we shoulda went back for backup."

The other one groggily gets to his feet.
"Uninvited guest? We've been a bit out of the loop, kinda lost track of time down here. Thanks for rescuing us all the same, I think we'll be able to manage. And I assume you want to get into the Citadel catacombs? Yeah, Gloin over there can do that."

The dwarf Isaac helped nods his head.
"Aye, we can get there pretty quick and safe. But what's going on topside?"

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there



Ryu Kazama
"Would you believe there's a red in the Citadel? Dragon, that is. We'd be the Dragon Slayers." Ryu briefly introduces himself. "You gonna be all right?"

pre:
Ryu Kazama, Human Stalwart 2
Stats		Per-Battle	Daily
HP	25/40	[ ] Power Stunt	[x] Divine Stamina (recharge 11+)
AC	16
PD	16
MD	13
Recoveries 7/8 (2d10+3)	Greatness NO
Melee: 1d20+7+ED; 2d10+5

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

The dwarf's jaw drops.
"A red dragon!? By the wyrm, that's not nothing, a real problem for certain. Guess that's why you're here, eh? Dragon Slayers, well met."

He offers a hand to shake.
"Sergeant Diri of the Spelunkers, and these are Liri, Giri, and Gloin. We try to keep an eye on these caves, make sure demons and other such nasties aren't trying to burrow their way out of the Abyss. And you're in luck, a buncha bullettes made a breach into the catacombs before they got offed by the Captain topside. Tunnels are still fresh, should be pretty easy to get there."

Gloin pipes up again.
"I'd be careful down there though. No one really goes down into the old Golden Citadel catacombs anymore. Lots of old protections and wards, but with no one keeping hem up they've degraded and started targeting everyone."

Diri shrugs and adds, "Treasure hunters try to get in there every so often, but often enough they either come running back out, or never turn up at all. Fortunately the breach is pretty close to the stairs to the Citadel proper, so if you don't dally you probably won't have to worry about it."

short rest time, spend recoveries, you must heal if you're staggered. Use heal potions for a little more bang per recovery.

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju carefully wraps the glove up with more bandages, concealing the magical artifact on its skeletal hand. The oils it secretes away in its barrel, to be dealt with or shared out later, as needed. The construct concentrates for a moment, reaching into itself in an attempt to replenish some of its spent magical energies.

Barrier recharge roll (11+): 1d20 14

Returning to the group, Moju unfurls the map and shows it to the Spelunkers. "Would you be so kind as to mark the locations of any such traps and wards you can remember?"

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				Daily				
HP	36/36	[ ] Color Spray (Cyclic)		[ ] Acid Arrow
AC	17	[ ] Barrier (Recharge 11+)
PD	14		
MD	14

Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+3)

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.



Isaac Boreas

Isaac is slightly disappointed to hear about the state of the catacombs. "That is too bad, it would have been highly interesting to examine the catacombs of the Golden Citadel. I can only imagine what kind of special rites and preservation techniques were used there."

Recovery: Taking two average recoveries for a total of 12 HP.

pre:
Isaac Boreas

Stats		Battle/At-will*		Daily (Recharge)
HP	23/24	[ ] Drain Life		[ ] Summon Undead
AC	13	[*] Chant of Endings	[ ] Unholy Blast
PD	12				[ ] Terror
MD	16
Rec.	6/8 (2d6-1)	Attack Mod. +7 (Base +7, +0 ED)

Pyrrhus
HP	18/18	AC	18	Attack	+7 vs. AC
PD	16	MD	12	Damage	1d8

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Gloin looks at the map and gives a huff of indignation.
"Oy, that's mine, that is. What, did you nick it from my tent? Though... I guess it did help you find us. But I'm afraid that's just a map of this cave system. Ain't got any maps of the catacombs, last time we tried we only got past this door that fired great beams of light at us, then a bunch of protector spirits chased us off."

Diri adds, "There's always been rumors of some great artifact hidden down there, but those protections have kept away paladins and looters alike for a pits-damned long time. The stuff inside was kept secret while the Citadel still stood, ain't no one but the Wyrm knows whats in there nowadays."

Ah, noticed something. Don't forget Lavi's Bbq uses his own recoveries, not the targets.

M.c.P fucked around with this message at Feb 26, 2015 around 12:26

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010



Grimey Drawer

- Lavi

Lavi grumbles uncomfortably, and not just the headache from being smacked around by vegetables. "You think maybe that's what the red dragon's after? Whatever's down there? If so, we may want to expect a fight the moment we enter the catacombs."

(Spending 2 recoveries for 26 HP.)

pre:
Lavi, Felyne Paladin 1
Stats		1/Turn		1/Battle	1/Day
HP	29/40	[X] War Domain	[ ] Evasive	[ ] War Invocation
AC	20			[X] Smite	[X][ ] BBQ
PD	15					[ ][ ][ ] Smite
MD	15
Recoveries 5/8 (2d10+2)		
Melee Attack: +5 vs AC; 2d10+3 damage
Implacable: Roll saves at start of turn.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there



Ryu Kazama
Taking a moment to compose himself, Ryu asks Diri, "Can you show us to this door? Speaking for myself, I'd rather take my chances with the wards than tangle with the dragon when it has the upper hand."

Recovery: 2d10+5 16
Recharge: 1d20 9

pre:
Ryu Kazama, Human Stalwart 2
Stats		Per-Battle	Daily
HP	40/40	[ ] Power Stunt	[x] Divine Stamina (recharge 11+)
AC	16
PD	16
MD	13
Recoveries 7/8 (2d10+3)	Greatness NO
Melee: 1d20+7+ED; 2d10+5

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

I think CaptIndigo had a play. Break a leg out there!

Diri shrugs, "Maybe he just wanted to harass us. Dragons attack the Citadel pretty regular, mostly just to keep it in ruins. Though a dragon squatting in there... That's pretty new."

He shoulders his axe and shakes Liri and Giri awake. "Right, let's be off! Straight to the catacombs, quick and careful!"

Watching the Spelunkers work is an education. Gloin takes the lead, nose buried in one of his maps, while Liri and Giri (who turn out to be sullen sods) clear rubble and watch for cave ins, and sergeant Diri keeps a rear watch for any of the other cave dwellers. On one occasion Gloin stops and gestures at a cave wall. Within moments, the other three dwarves have taken down the wall with their hammers and pick axes, revealing another tunnel beyond. They move at a fast pace, and you have to jog to keep up.

Eventually you come to a point where a smooth tunnel opens into brickwork and rubble. Beyond its still dark, but you can see a relief of a dragon in the wall and an empty torch sconce by the light of your own torches.
Diri stops and turns to you, speaking in a whisper.
"Golden Citadel catacombs. Turn right, you'll find the stairs up to the Citadel. On the left here..."
Diri carefully leans out, sticking his torch into the hall. You can barely make out a large iron door, decorated with dragon heads. Someone has smashed open a portion in the middle where the handle would be.
"It's unlocked, you're welcome for that, but beyond that you'll be in uncharted territory. Watch those dragon heads, they spew holy light at anything getting close."

so, left into the catacombs, or right into the Citadel?

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there



Ryu Kazama
"Citadel first. Once the dragon's slain we can worry about whatever it was looking for."

pre:
Ryu Kazama, Human Stalwart 2
Stats		Per-Battle	Daily
HP	40/40	[ ] Power Stunt	[x] Divine Stamina (recharge 11+)
AC	16
PD	16
MD	13
Recoveries 7/8 (2d10+3)	Greatness NO
Melee: 1d20+7+ED; 2d10+5

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.



Isaac Boreas

"You are correct that the dragon is our highest priority, but it is also not going anywhere. If what the dragon is after lies here in the catacombs it will at the very least be valuable information to have when we have to face it. I vote for exploring the catacombs."

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju turns from where it was hacking apart some support beams with its hatchet, replacing some of the parts lost during the battle.

"If there is something of use to us in the catacombs, perhaps we can use it to slay this dragon. I agree that it would be prudent to explore."

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				Daily				
HP	36/36	[ ] Color Spray (Cyclic)		[ ] Acid Arrow
AC	17	[ ] Barrier (Recharge 11+)
PD	14		
MD	14

Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	5/8 (1d6+3)

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Liri and Giri make wild gesticulations and angry faces at Moju hacking at the things keeping the ceiling up, but remain silent for fear of something hearing. Diri doesn't notice.
"Good luck then," He whispers, "We'll stay here and guard the exit."

You turn to face the iron door ahead of you. If you get closer, it will pelt you with beams of radiance, but at least the door will open fairly easily. How do you proceed?

Background check from at least one of you. Flat DC is 20, but you'll get bonuses for cleverness and/or spending resources.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there



Ryu Kazama
"Well, I don't know about you folks, but I'm going to throw this giant rock at the ward and destroy it."

It's On Like Donkey Kong: 1d20+6 9 or not

pre:
Ryu Kazama, Human Stalwart 2
Stats		Per-Battle	Daily
HP	40/40	[ ] Power Stunt	[x] Divine Stamina (recharge 11+)
AC	16
PD	16
MD	13
Recoveries 7/8 (2d10+3)	Greatness NO
Melee: 1d20+7+ED; 2d10+5

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.



Isaac Boreas

"Hmph. Let us try another approach. To avoid the trap we should start with figuring out how it is triggered. Maybe we should search for trip wires or pressure plates? I can't say I have much experience dealing with traps. Pyrrhus, go poke around a bit."
"You are kidding me right, shouldn't I be avoiding holy energies in my current state?"
"Oh do not worry, you are not be more vulnerable to the scorching rays than the rest of us. Probably."

How does traps work anyway. (Intelligence + Level): 14

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Ryu's rock pings off one of the dragon heads, chipping off a horn, and falls to the floor. Nothing else seems to happen.

Pyrrhus tentatively pads forward, trying to watch for pressure plates or wires. But dead eyes don't work well, and he fails to see the wards hidden in the dust of the floor. The dragon heads glow with power and begin firing at Pyrrhus, chasing him with bolts of radiant light as he dashes around the room.

Thankfully, the traps seem to only target one thing at a time. The rest of you quite easily go through the door while Pyrrhus is running around, though the undead dog himself is lightly singed by the affair.
Pyrrhus takes 2 damage

Now that you're in the catacombs proper, ancient coffins line the walls, covered in the dust of ages. The gloom and still air feels as if it hasn't been disturbed for an eternity. But around the corner you see what seems to be... sunlight?

The next room is rubble, a great hole opened up in the Citadel. Above you is the ruins of the Great Dome, with sunlight streaming in through the ruined ceiling. And below you, a hole dug into the very foundations of the Citadel. Claw marks where the stone has been dragged away, and strange shapes where the rock itself has been melted by fire. At the sides you can see the passageways opened up by the excavation, but whatever made this was only interested in digging straight down.

Presently. A shadow passes over the holes in the roof, followed by a brief patter of... rain? You take shelter, and its a good thing you do. Molten metal droplets fall to the floor, sizzling and cooling. You duck into a passage that goes deeper, but behind you is the sound of enormous wings and claws on stone.

Stuck in a hole is hardly a good time to fight a dragon, and perhaps whatever he's searching for could help you fight on your own terms. But can you get there before the dragon?

Skill challenge! Go deeper into the catacombs while a dragon digs up the stone behind you! Avoid detection (?), clear the path, avoid falling rubble, and don't get lost.

M.c.P fucked around with this message at Mar 1, 2015 around 00:17

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.



Isaac Boreas

Isaac recites a long passage from an old necromantic script as the party hurries through the catacombs, the focus of his staff pulsates slowly in a dull green light and a thick dark mist pours out from it. The heavy fog spreads across the ground at ankle height but climbs when it reaches the walls so that it can seep into the ancient tombs and coffins. For so long have the wards in the Golden Citadel been neglected that they have degraded to the point where they cannot keep the Lich King's power out. In the wake of the party skeletal arms burst forth from what was supposed to be the dead's final resting place, grabbing at anything that tries to pursue. While it is unlikely that the brittle bones would stop the dragon, it would hopefully be slowed down allowing the party to reach the goal first.

Necrobstruction (Master's in Death + Intelligence + Level): 24

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Above you there is a pause in the sounds of rubble and fire. Then, a voice that rumbles through the catacombs, shaking your bones and echoing through the empty tunnels.
"Old bones, so little marrow, so dusty. But fresh meat bids them rise! Little morsels. Do you hear me coming?"

Isaac can feel the skeletal hands smashed and disintegrated by fire, and the sound of claws on stone comes again. You've bought yourselves a few moments, but is it enough?

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju attempts to read the patters on the walls and thus find an alternate route-- perhaps the group can outmaneuver the dragon with their wits. It attempts to communicate this plan silently to the others.

Paths unseen (Burglar + Int): 1d20+6 19

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				Daily				
HP	36/36	[ ] Color Spray (Cyclic)		[ ] Acid Arrow
AC	17	[ ] Barrier (Recharge 11+)
PD	14	[ ] Mind Rot (Recharge 6+)	
MD	14

Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	5/8 (1d6+3)

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there



Ryu Kazama
The walls tremble as the dragon taunts the party, sending a shower of rubble onto the party. It's all Ryu can do to hold up a particularly fragile column as the group hurries past it, before abandoning it and nearly being squished himself. Too close for comfort!

Wittily Entitled Strength Check: 1d20+4+2+4 17

pre:
Ryu Kazama, Human Stalwart 2
Stats		Per-Battle	Daily
HP	40/40	[ ] Power Stunt	[x] Divine Stamina (recharge 11+)
AC	16
PD	16
MD	13
Recoveries 7/8 (2d10+3)	Greatness NO
Melee: 1d20+7+ED; 2d10+5

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Ryu grasps at the walls, keeping the party safe for just a little while. As he darts away, a hole opens above and fire streams down, singing him slightly before the passageway is blocked by collapsing masonry! Behind him, a trickle of molten metal oozes from under the rubble.

Ryu takes 4 fire damage

Moju hurriedly analyzes the friezes on the walls. Depictions of a series of heroes of all races, genders, shapes, and sizes, but they appear to be passing something on, from one to another. It's hard to tell. And there's plenty of gaps, but Moju directs the party up a distinct line of inheritance that plunges deeper into the catacombs.

whew, got worried there for a second. Though I have noticed that goons get busy on the weekends. Paradoxical, I know.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

Smooth soft red velvety lungs.

Twelve Serene Star

"Sorry gentlemen!" Twelve mumbles. "I stopped paying attention for a minute there. Let's get this thing and sla...."

The droplets of molten metal turn his face a deep creamy white. The sound of the dragon clawing behind them sets him even paler.

He turns towards the next chunk of rubble, takes a deep breath to focus his energy, and unleashes a torrent of vicious blows. The vicious cracking sounds could be the stone, or could be Twelve's knuckles. Orc Lord Spirit or none, he is attacking solid rock with his bare hands.

Heal: 2d10+3 17
Clear the rubble (STR+ORC+LEVEL): 1d20+3+4+2 16

pre:
Twelve Serene Star

Stats		Battle/At-will*		Daily
HP	40/40	[*] Red Mist            [ ] Fully Unleash The Orc Lord Spirit
AC	16	[ ] Blood Lust        	[ ] Building Frenzy
PD	16      [ ] Racial: Lethal
MD	12
Rec.	8/8 (2d10+3)
MBA     1d20+5; 2d10+3

Captain_Indigo fucked around with this message at Mar 4, 2015 around 09:31

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

good to see you back.

Twelve directs a punch into a rock blocking your path, but recoils in pain, leaving a dent in the rock but little else. But then more of the ceiling collapses in front of you, forcing you down a detour. As you continue, you feel the heat of the dragon's breath, and note a discomforting orange glow in the ceiling.

paging Krysmpheonix

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013


My last roll should have been a 23-- forgot to add my background. Crazy week at work.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010



Grimey Drawer

- Lavi

(Sorry, school's been heavy.)

"Shh!" Lavi hisses loudly. "The dragon's above us, we need to be as quiet as possible!" He says, trouncing on ahead. Nevermind the fact that he was the loudest out of all of them.

Be vewy vewy quiety (Dex+Cat): 1d20+2+2+2 8 welp

pre:
Lavi, Felyne Paladin 1
Stats		1/Turn		1/Battle	1/Day
HP	29/40	[X] War Domain	[ ] Evasive	[ ] War Invocation
AC	20			[X] Smite	[X][ ] BBQ
PD	15					[ ][ ][ ] Smite
MD	15
Recoveries 5/8 (2d10+2)		
Melee Attack: +5 vs AC; 2d10+3 damage
Implacable: Roll saves at start of turn.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

its cool, just happy to see you're still with us.

Another taunt comes from above.
"Ah, little morsels! I have your scent! And... a scale of gold? Delectable, perfection! It will be added to my collection, to admire as I suck the marrow from your bones!"

It's getting uncomfortably warm as Moju turns a corner at what should be the destination. And find something you do! A pair of heavy iron doors, covered in ancient frescoes depicting golden dragons. An inscription in old common proclaims.
"Here lyef buried the first. Chofen champion of the Wyrm. May her line bear her glory forevermore."

There is an indentation in the door, quite low to the ground shaped like a dragon scale. When Lavi puts in the scale of the Golden Wyrm in his possession, it fits perfectly! The doors, in response, slowly rumble open.

But as Lavi marvels at this, a great crash comes from the passage behind you! Molten stone and fire come into the room, and the ugly head of a red dragon appears. Wild eyes regard you with hunger, around a large, short snout lined with rows and rows of teeth. But most terrifying, the dragon is covered in molten metal, giving its scales a sheen like gold in the flickering torchlight. It wastes no time with taunts, instead taking a deep breath. In the depths of the dragon's maw, you see a small spark.

Hoping not to be cooked in the small confines, you hurriedly squeeze through the doors and force them closed behind you! The great strength of Ryu, Twelve, and Lavi manages to close them in time, but you get a close look at the fireball racing up the corridor towards you.

But there is still no rest for you. When you turn around to take in the room you're in, a legion of spirits regards you. Heroes of the past, shimmering gold and armed to the teeth, assembled for battle. Moju recognizes many of them from the pictures in the catacombs. One close to you, a half-Orc in full plate, points his sword at you.
"Defilers, tomb robbers! Be gone from this place or perish!"

The door suddenly shakes behind you under the weight of a huge impact. It will not hold the dragon back for long.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there



Ryu Kazama
There's no time to be polite. Ryu closes his eyes for a moment, and when he opens them again they are a solid yellow. As he ignites in blue-white flame, he speaks with two voices: "Warriors of an Age past, whatever strictures you are bound to, whatever prize you guard, hold no meaning in the face of a chromatic dragon. By the authority of Kohryu, Silver Wyrm of Drakkenhall, and in the name of the Dragon Crown, I demand your aid in ridding these hallowed halls of this overgrown lizard!"

Spending a Conflicted 5 with the Emperor to compel the spirits. What'll that cost me?

pre:
Ryu Kazama, Human Stalwart 2
Stats		Per-Battle	Daily
HP	40/40	[ ] Power Stunt	[x] Divine Stamina (recharge 11+)
AC	16
PD	16
MD	13
Recoveries 7/8 (2d10+3)	Greatness NO
Melee: 1d20+7+ED; 2d10+5

Captain Walker fucked around with this message at Mar 5, 2015 around 04:10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Somehow, Ryu pierces the haze of age and magic that clouds the minds of the assembled spirits. The Half-Orc takes a moment to absorb your statement, then nods and motions to the others.

"Honors dead of the Golden Legion. Go and meet this draconic threat!"

The soldiers shout a battle cry and swarm past you, through you, and through the doors to the dragon beyond. There is a roar of surprise and the sound of shifting rubble.

"Little morsels! Your dusty ghosts may keep you safe, but there is only one way out of these catacombs! I will suck the fluid from your eyeballs, I will chew on your entrails!"

You hear the dragon stomp away, up the hole he dug into the Citadel.

The Half-Orc captain turns to you, sword sheathed.
"Greetings, honored of Kohryu. Our sacred charge is to guard this tomb from all but the Champions of the Great Wyrm. What brings you to this sacred place?"

Ryu's display has left him exhausted. It's still takes a lot of energy to summon the power of the Silver worm.
Ryu loses 3 recoveries

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«57 »