Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«12 »
Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.

Isaac Boreas

"Dragon Slayers? Hah! Looks like their arrogance was repaid in full! Hahaha!" Phyrrus was put in a good mood after seeing the burnt down building. "Well this was a fun trip, back to Horizon?"

"You know that I won't give up this easily" Isaac mumbled, poking at a charred piece of wood with his staff.

"And you know that I can't hold a broom, you'll have to find someone else to collect your ashes for you! Hahaha!"

---

It took Isaac a moment to recall who exactly this person was. "Urfan." He remembers the relatively brief period the mage had been at the Shadow Tower before he was... thrown out was it? "You're about the last person I expected to encounter here."

Isaac spoke to Urfan coldly, he never particularly cared for his familiar attitude, still he had shown some talent.

"And you want to help me slay dragons." Isaac could hear Phyrrus laughing in his head. "What's your angle here?"

pre:
Isaac Boreas

Stats		Battle/At-will*		Daily
HP	18/18	[ ] Drain Life		[ ] Summon Undead
AC	12	[*] Chant of Endings	[ ] Unholy Blast
PD	11
MD	15
Rec.	8/8 (1d6-1)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

"He smells funny, do you want me to bite him?"
"Just lie there and be quiet for a while."

It seemed unwise to Isaac to divulge information about Phyrrus to Urfan. "Do you name everything you summon? I'm not so sentimental, It's just a mindless minion."
"Harrumph!"

Isaac's eyes lit up at the mention of the reward. "You're promising a lot Urfan, but I can hardly see how I could give up this opportunity. Who exactly are you working for and how have they gotten hold of this knowledge?"

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

Isaac returns to the headquarters after his meeting.
"Looks like the others have made some decent progress cleaning up the place while we were busy. The sign is a nice touch."
"Just in time for us to head off and anger a dragon to set the place on fire, hah!"

Isaac thinks about how he's going to tell the others, there's definitely some details to the job, the Lich Kings involvement in particular, that would just cause unnecessary complications. Maybe a bit of dramatics would keep them from asking too many questions?

Isaac slams open the door and walks to the center of the room and starts speaking loudly. "Dragon Slayers, we are in demand! I've got a contract for us." Seeing that he's got everyone's attention he continues.
"There's a village to the south-east called Wickersham that is beset by a white dragon which has been terrorizing the locals. I know that we've barely settled down but it's time for us to go and prove that we are worthy of our name. As for payment there should be enough gold in it for us to get properly established. We need to leave as soon as possible so that we do not miss our opportunity."

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

A kobold ambush? How trite. Kobolds following an Oracle? Ludicrous. "Your so called Oracle has failed you. She either prophesied that you would all die here, today, and neglected to tell you, or she did not see it."

Isaac points commandingly at the kobolds. "Phyrrus, tear them to pieces."
"With pleasure!"

Initiative: 2d20k1 + 2 21

pre:
Isaac Boreas

PD	11
MD	15
Rec.	8/8 (1d6-1)	Attack Mod. (Base +6)

Phyrrus
HP	14/14	AC	17	
PD	15	MD	11
Attack	+6 vs. AC
Damage	1d6

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

Isaac starts chanting in an odd language, the volume of his voice is monotone and remains low but the words seem to permeate the area.
Suddenly a couple of the kobolds to the left of the party scream out in pain and fall limply down from their vantage points.

Chant of Endings vs Archer Mooks (Yellow): 1d20+6 10, Hit! for 1d10+4 12 Damage! Two mooks die.

Meanwhile Phyrrus charges forward and chomps down on the ankle of one of the kobold warriors.

Phyrrus attacks Kobold Warrior (Red): 1d20+6 18, Hit! for 1d6 3 Damage.

pre:
Isaac Boreas

PD	11
MD	15
Rec.	8/8 (1d6-1)	Attack Mod. +6 (Base +6, +0 ED)

Phyrrus
HP	14/14	PD	15	Attack	+6 vs. AC
AC	17	MD	11	Damage	1d6

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

Isaac is bewildered by Twelve's sudden reveal. "How was that possible? What an amazing power!"
His train of thought is interrupted a moment later when he sees Ryu get struck by a deadly shower of arrows. He was still standing but another one of those would be devastating!

Isaac prepares a spell that would temporarily make Ryu's life force act as an anchor, to allow it to draw strength from someone nearby. Regretfully, transferring life between two beings like this is highly unstable in a combat situation. The spell fizzles as it tries to draw upon the constructs energies.

Channel Life:

Healing target: Ryu

Target list
1. Twelve
2. Moju
3. Lavi
4. Phyrrus
5. Kobold Warrior (Red)
6,7,8. Kobold Archers (Green)
9,10,11. Kobold archers (Yellow)
12. Kobold Hero

Channel Life Target: 1d12 2, Moju!
Channel Life vs Moju: 1d20+7 10, Miss! Ryu not healed. Channel Life not expended.

Meanwhile Phyrrus is busy tangling with the Kobold Warrior. As the kobold tries to shake off Phyrrus from his spear the skeleton claws at his arm, drawing blood.

Phyrrus attacks Kobold Warrior (Red): 1d20+6 23, Hit! for 1d6 2 Damage.

pre:
Isaac Boreas

PD	11
MD	15
Rec.	8/8 (1d6-1)	Attack Mod. +7 (Base +6, +1 ED)

Phyrrus
HP	10/14	PD	15	Attack	+6 vs. AC
AC	17	MD	11	Damage	1d6

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

Isaac decides that preventing harm by causing harm is to be preferred over just preventing it. Once again his chanting eerily echoes around the area and the weak-minded kobold archers drop their bows to claw at their ears, trying to get his voice out of their heads. One of them slumps over dead and the remaining kobold is filled with immense fear of death, knowing that it was next. As its mind teeters on the edge of life and death Isaac gives it a tiny push in the wrong direction, harvesting what remains of its soul and linking the rejuvenating energies to Ryu.

Chant of Endings vs. Archer Mooks (Yellow): 1d20+8 23, Hit! for 1d10+4 8 Damage! One mook dies, last one is left at 4 hp.

Death Knell: The last yellow mook dies, Ryu gets healed for 1d6 3 HP.

"Where are you running, tiny scales? I haven't feasted upon your neck yet!" Phyrrus lunges after the kobold but it manages to put up its spear in time to block.

Phyrrus engages and attacks Kobold Warrior (Red): 1d20+6 16, Miss!

pre:
Isaac Boreas

PD	11
MD	15
Rec.	8/8 (1d6-1)	Attack Mod. +8 (Base +6, +2 ED)

Phyrrus
HP	10/14	PD	15	Attack	+6 vs. AC
AC	17	MD	11	Damage	1d6

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at Feb 3, 2015 around 01:14

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

Isaac can feel the warrior's mind radiating terror. The kobold tries to run for his life, but Isaac makes sure that he's is running from it instead.

"Too often it is forgotten that fear itself is something to be feared. Let this be a reminder for you as I send you on the final journey!"

Stopping the kobold dead in his tracks: (Master's in Death + Intelligence + Level) 1d20+5+4+1 28! McP let me death knell him even though he's at 8 hp

Death Knell: The Kobold Warrior dies, Ryu heals for 1d6 2 HP.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

"Could they find nobody else to hire as a guard other than the village gossip? At least he let slip where Pakhal is waiting. And... competition?"
"Do we really have to meet with him again? Ugh, let's just get it over with. I swear I'll bite him if he tries to scratch me like some dog again."
"You do realize the information he has might just be the key to restoring your true form?
"Yeah, yeah, I get it. I need to be subservient to yet another man dressed in weird clothes to not be stuck like this. Which ancient tomb did you necromancers exhume your fashion from anyway?"

Isaac rubs his forehead wearily before turning to the rest of the party.

"I will go and meet our contact to see if he's got any further details. I'd rather not have us crowd him, I think he will speak more freely if I meet him alone. There's much to do, I'm sure you will figure out something on your own."

Isaac leaves the party and walks towards The Bawdy Elf with Phyrrus following at his side.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

"I've always wondered if it counted as cannibalism to chew on kobolds, we're distant relatives you know."
"He gave you a bone from a kobold?"
"Yes, tasty as ever!"
"Hmm. Well, you will not eat ever again so you can put your mind to rest... I wonder where our acquaintance got the bone from."

Isaac allows himself to sip on the drink, he was quite thirsty from the journey.

"What to start with? The dragon of course, I have thought of something that may be related. On our way here we were ambushed by a band of kobolds. Before we killed them to the last, they let us know they were following someone they called the Oracle. Their banner was a white eye on a field of white. Kobolds have a tendency to worship dragons. Is the Oracle the white dragon we are here to slay?"

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

Isaac hides his annoyed expression while drinking from the mug.

"Why is he so intent on talking about Phyrrus? What is his ulterior motive?"

As he puts the mug back on the table there's only traces of annoyance left to be found in his appearance.

"You have barely told me anything that I did not already know so I'll return the favor. Yes, it was a failed ritual, but it's an ongoing experiment. Now, why do you want this dragon dead so much that you've chased it for a century?"

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

Isaac ignores his superfluous comments and tries to push the issue.

"Don't be ridiculous Urfan, your master could very well find other much easier targets, there's something special about this white dragon. You said but a moment ago that the Oracle is not especially powerful, so why would you bother chasing her to such lengths?"

Master's in Death + Intellect: 17

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

"A friend? Hardly. The correct word for our relationship is brief former colleagues." Isaac's voice shares the distaste of Twelve's. "As for the magic, you are correct in a way, although these minions of his are temporary. Sometimes that is for the best, it can be quite draining to maintain that many at once. At the least they should last long enough to help us clear out the lair."

"That eye... How deep does his connection with the Lich King run? He commands a great amount of undead here but what sacrifices has he made to do so?"
"Maybe you should focus on the dragon, eh Isaac? I mean it's only a puny white but it still lies out of the reach of a small pack of humanoids like yours. Just thinking about the things a mighty red would do to you lot, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Haha!"

Isaac closes his eyes and tries to hook into the spiritual bond of Urfan's minions as they spread through the lair to sense what they sense. As he reaches out to the bond he finds it twisted, jagged and most unpleasant. He is unable to glimpse much more than brief visions of combat.

Sense through undead: 1d20+10 12
Initiative: 2d20k1+2 10

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

"What a heartwarming moment between two murderous beasts, I do apologize so for interrupting but here we are! The Dragon Slayers have come to claim what is ours, which is to be more precise your head."

"Ugh, I hate when you're in this mood."

Isaac spots the scattered remains of fallen warriors in the room. What a wonderful surprise! He raises his staff high in the air and starts channeling through it, a dark fog seeps out from the focus and rapidly covers the ground.

"It seems like fate has irony in store for you. Watch, if you can, as your poor hapless victims come back from the dead to defy you! Hear my command brave warriors, RISE!"

Several of the skeletons in the room begin to animate as the spirits of the fallen return to what remains of their mortal form.

"Warriors! I have brought you back so that you can claim vengeance! Your killer stands before you, claim what is rightfully yours so that you can finally be put to rest. Slay the Oracle!"

The skeletons grasp their old weapons as they stand up from the ground. It is almost hard to not imagine the battle cries of the gaping skulls as they charge the dragon.

"Fine, I'll just go maul that kobold then."

Summon Undead (Cackling Soliloquist): Summons 1d3+1 2 Crumbling Skeletons. +1 Soliloquist bonus.

The skeletons move to engage The Oracle.

Skeleton #1 attacks the Oracle: 1d20+6 22, Hit for 3 damage.
Skeleton #2 attacks the Oracle: 1d20+6 23, Hit for 3 damage.
Skeleton #3 attacks the Oracle: 1d20+6 22, Hit for 3 damage.

Phyrrus moves to engage Krizzek.

Phyrrus attacks Krizzek: 1d20+6 20, Hit for 1d6 4 damage.

pre:
Crumbling Skeleton (mook)
HP 6	PD 14
AC 16	MD 10

Sword +6 vs AC - 3 damage.

Resist weapons 16+: When a weapon attack targets this creature,
the attacker must roll a natural 16+ on the attack roll or it only
deals half damage.
pre:
Isaac Boreas

HP	18/18	[ ] Drain Life		[X] Summon Undead (18+)
PD	11
MD	15

Phyrrus
HP	14/14	AC	17	Attack	+6 vs. AC
PD	15	MD	11	Damage	1d6

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at Feb 5, 2015 around 22:44

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

"Argh! Her breath is so cold that it burns! It reminds me a bit of when we met Lavi."
"This really is not the time to reminisce Isaac!"

After the savage beating Krizzek took Isaac can feel that his time is almost up.

"I can hear the bells of doom toll for you, Krizzek. It is over."

Isaac makes a sweeping motion with his left hand to sever the thin cord that weighs Krizzek's soul down with his body. As the cord snaps the kobold lifelessly slumps together in the saddle and Isaac draws on what remaining life existed. He then clasps his staff with both hands and starts chanting ominously at the Oracle.

Phyrrus charges at the dragon and bites down hard on the dragon's ankle. The scales crunch between his teeth but no major damage is caused.

"I used to be able to snap an armored knight and his horse in two with my bite and now I can barely draw blood, if you ever give up on trying to set me right I swear I'll find some way to break this bond and sink my teeth into your throat Isaac!"

Death Knell: Krizzek dies. 1d6 Isaac heals 4 HP.

Chant of Endings vs. The Oracle: 1d20+6 24, Hit! for 1d10+4 9 Negative energy damage.

Phyrrus moves to engage the Oracle.

Phyrrus attacks the Oracle: 1d20+6 26, Critical hit! for (1d6)*2 4 Damage.

pre:
Isaac Boreas

HP	12/18	[ ] Drain Life		[X] Summon Undead (18+)
PD	11
MD	15

Phyrrus
PD	15	MD	11	Damage	1d6

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

"And how long has your crimes gone unpunished? Be quiet and die."

Isaac starts chanting again but before it has a chance to affect the Oracle he can feel weaker minds enter the area. Like vortexes they draw the hurtful energies onto themselves, causing two of the kobolds to let out a short yelp before they fall over dead.

Phyrrus having pierced the dragon's scales is able to dig his teeth in deeper into the Oracle's ankle, a squishy noise is added to the crunching of the scales as flesh is rent.

"Phyrrus, there are hostile reinforcements. Protect me!"

"My jaw is stuck, I can't get away! You'll have to fend for yourself for a bit."

Chant of Endings vs. Kobold Stabbers: 1d20+7 16, Hit! for 1d10+4 12 Negative energy damage. Two Kobold Stabbers die.

Phyrrus tries to disengage from the Oracle: 1d20 10, failed.

Phyrrus attacks the Oracle: 1d20+6 19, hit! for 1d6 6 Damage.

pre:
Isaac Boreas

HP	12/18	[ ] Drain Life		[X] Summon Undead (18+)
PD	11
MD	15
Rec.	8/8 (1d6-1)	Attack Mod. +7 (Base +6, +1 ED)

Phyrrus
PD	15	MD	11	Damage	1d6

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

Phyrrus is thrown off the Oracle as she trashes about but he hits the ground running. He leaps towards the kobold that is attacking Isaac just as Isaac pushes it away with his staff, causing the skeleton to miss with his swipe. Isaac swiftly deals with the kobolds.

"Too late you useless mutt, do you not realize what would happen to you should you let me fall?"

"If you fall because a little lizard pricked you with his excuse for a weapon then I'd die laughing before anything else! Now stop being such a wuss and let papa Phyrrus take care of the remaining kobold."

Phyrrus attacks Kobold Stabbers: 1d20+6 9, miss.

Phyrrus will intercept the Kobold Warrior if possible.

Isaac tries to disengage from Kobold Stabber: 1d20 17, Success!

Chant of Endings vs. Kobold Stabbers: 1d20+8 12, Hit! for 1d10+4 7 Negative energy damage. One Kobold Stabber die.

Death Knell:: The last Kobold Stabber dies. 1d6 Isaac heals 1 HP.

pre:
Isaac Boreas

HP	9/18	[ ] Drain Life		[X] Summon Undead (18+)
PD	11
MD	15
Rec.	8/8 (1d6-1)	Attack Mod. +8 (Base +6, +2 ED)

Phyrrus
PD	15	MD	11	Damage	1d6

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

"Woof! Run you little kobold, hahaha! See, I dealt with him."
"It might have something to do with Twelve just ripping the Oracle to shreds with his bare hands."
"She's dead already?! I knew whites were weak but that's just pathetic, done in by a bunch of weirdos? Almost makes me ashamed to call myself a dragon!"

"A great wave, the land shaking, four are joined and the usurper quakes in his stone throne? And The White returns? The Oracle couldn't possibly have been more ominous could she."

Isaac looks at the massive carcass. He had held up his end of the bargain, now it was up to Urfan... Isaac felt uneasy about handing the Lich King another dracolich on a platter, especially such a remarkable one. But he had to know, this was the only way that he could further his research.

"Lavi, please hold for a moment. Let's wait for Urfan to show up before we do anything that might cause us to miss our payment. I hope it does not come as a surprise that he is after the body, I'm sure he won't need all of it though."

Or was he sure? What kind of ritual had Urfan planned? Normally you only needed a part of the bone structure to tie a spirit down to the material world but Isaac had learned that when it came to dracoliches normalcy was not something that you could rely on.

"We have done good here today, Wickersham and the surrounding area can rest easily now that the beast has been slain." Isaac was only partially trying to convince himself of what he just said.

Recharge Summon Undead (18+): 1d20 18, Success!
Recovery: 1d6-1 2
Recovery: 1d6-1 5

pre:
Isaac Boreas

HP	16/18	[ ] Drain Life		[ ] Summon Undead
PD	11
MD	15
Rec.	6/8 (1d6-1)	Attack Mod. +8 (Base +6, +2 ED)

Phyrrus
PD	15	MD	11	Damage	1d6

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

"Oh hey what do you know, I didn't think it possible but there might be someone in this world more full of himself than you are."
"Might I suggest some introspection oh mighty red dragon? I think we've gone too far to bend our knee now, but I wonder what these wizards are up to."

Isaac fixes the dark elf with a stare.

"It seems to me that you have conveniently forgotten the part where this dragon you were unwilling to kill had rampaged across the region, murdering and kidnapping bystanders. How did all that figure into the Archmage's grand plan of saving the Empire from... what exactly?"

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at Feb 8, 2015 around 16:25

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

"Your flippant attitude towards death do you no favors here wizard. Do not accuse us of wrongdoing when all that you have been up to since we reached Wickersham is to hide in your tower whispering secrets amongst yourselves. I heard that you knew about my arrival and yet you did not deem it wise to contact me? You have no one other to blame for your failure but yourself. We do not owe you Urfan but we do not care to let him bring the Oracle to the Lich King either. Accept the... dwarf's offer of information or not, then leave and accept that no one will be a winner here today, except for the people of Wickersham. We'll deal with the remains of the dragon."

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

"Urfan... What have you done."

"I finally get to bite this guy? Hell yes!"

Initiative: 2d20k1+2 16

pre:
Isaac Boreas

HP	16/18	[ ] Drain Life		[ ] Summon Undead
PD	11
MD	15
Rec.	6/8 (1d6-1)	Attack Mod. +6 (Base +6, +0 ED)

Phyrrus
PD	15	MD	11	Damage	1d6

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at Feb 8, 2015 around 23:07

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

"I can see now why you were cast out from the Shadow Tower. I know of thirst for knowledge and power but what you have made so abundantly clear now is that you are willing to go to any lengths to sate your appetite. You promised me the secrets that I have spent my life searching for and greedily I listened even though I knew what you are. I can see now that there are no deals to be made with someone as blind as you. And you will see that death is not on your side today!"

Isaac strikes the ground with his staff and two skeletons rise at his side and immediately charge Urfan's skeleton warriors. Skeleton battle!

Summon Undead (Cackling Soliloquist): 1d3+1 2 Crumbling Skeletons. Soliloquy bonus: All Urfan's minions get -1 to all defenses until end of my next turn.

Crumbling Skeleton #1 attacks Skeleton Warrior (Red): 1d20+6 26, Critical hit for 6 damage!

Crumbling Skeleton #2 attacks Skeleton Warrior (Blue): 1d20+6 25, hit for 3 damage.

"I'm the top dog here, it's time for you to play dead!... Eh, you know what I mean."

Phyrrus attacks Skeletal Hound: 1d20+6 25, Hit for 1d6 3 damage.

pre:
Crumbling Skeleton (mook)
HP 6	PD 14
AC 16	MD 10

Sword +6 vs AC - 3 damage.

Resist weapons 16+: When a weapon attack targets this creature,
the attacker must roll a natural 16+ on the attack roll or it only
deals half damage.
Vulnerability: Holy
pre:
Isaac Boreas

HP	16/18	[ ] Drain Life		[X] Summon Undead (18+)
PD	11
MD	15
Rec.	6/8 (1d6-1)	Attack Mod. +6 (Base +6, +0 ED)

Phyrrus
PD	15	MD	11	Damage	1d6

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at Feb 9, 2015 around 15:32

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

"Isaac! What the heck just happened, that bastard knocked my head off!"
"I'll put you back together after Urfan has been dealt with, in the meanwhile your soul is safe with me."
"Safe with you? You're more likely to fall apart than the crumbling skeletons you summon!"

"No Urfan, you have forsaken life, you will not steal the life of my allies! Witness as I undo your every move and know that I will not relent until you join the scattered bones on the ground."

The focus of Isaac's staff glows with a sickly green color as he mutters some words. He then strikes out with the staff in the direction of the skeleton that Urfan had siphoned off Twelve's life force to. The focus flashes and a bright green cloudy ray shoots out striking the skeleton in the rib cage, as it connects a green cloud envelops the undead. The black energies rise from the cloud and return to Twelve, giving him most of his strength back.

Unholy Blast vs. Skeleton Archer (Yellow): 1d20+8 (vs PD) 21 Hit! for 4d6+4 25 Negative Energy Damage!

Death Knell: Skeleton Archer (Yellow) dies, Twelve heals 1d6 6 HP.
pre:
Isaac Boreas

Stats		Battle/At-will*		Daily (Recharge)
HP	16/18	[ ] Drain Life		[X] Summon Undead (18+)
AC	12	[*] Chant of Endings	[X] Unholy Blast
PD	11
MD	15
Rec.	6/8 (1d6-1)	Attack Mod. +8 (Base +6, +2 ED)

Phyrrus
HP	0/14	AC	17	Attack	+6 vs. AC
PD	15	MD	11	Damage	1d6

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

Isaac tries to revert the flow of energies going out of Twelve but the skeletons do not have much to give return, instead the nearest living creature gets siphoned.

"Nice aim Isaac."
"Oh be quiet, It's a very complex matter to-"
"Funny how Urfan does not seem to have any issues with that huh?"

Channel Life Target list:
1. Lavi
2. Moju
3. Ryu
4,5,6,7. Decrepit Skeletons
8. Skeleton Warrior
9. Skeleton Archer
10. Urfan Pakhal

Target: 1d10 1, Lavi. This is the dumbest spell.

Channel life vs. Lavi: 1d20+9 26 vs MD. Hit for 5 negative energy damage.

Twelve gets to heal using a recovery: 1d10+3 13 HP recovered.

pre:
Isaac Boreas

HP	16/18	[X] Drain Life		[X] Summon Undead (18+)
PD	11
MD	15
Rec.	6/8 (1d6-1)	Attack Mod. +9 (Base +6, +3 ED)

Phyrrus
PD	15	MD	11	Damage	1d6

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

Isaac staggers to his knees clutching the arrow in his side as Urfan unleashes the draining energies. This had gone from bad to worse in a heartbeat. If he had time to finish his spell... The room is a blur around Isaac as shapes of what must be the Dragon Slayers throw everything they have at the Lich. One of the shapes runs up to Isaac and suddenly it feels like he's been thrown into ice water, the fog lifts from his mind as Moju's restorative energies flow through him and Isaac can see everything clearly again.

Urfan had put his final hope into his spell, Isaac could feel his mental defenses worn down by the rest of the Dragon Slayers as they whittled down his physical form. Isaac rises to his feet and grasps his staff with both hands and focuses intently on Urfan, he can practically see the link between the spirit and the skeleton. He utters an incantation and takes a stranglehold on it.

"Urfan, your ties to the Lich King have been weakened. Can you feel it? Whatever terrible deals that you've made, whatever unspeakable oaths you've given for your power are about to be broken. Never again shall you walk among the living. I will give you freedom whether it is what you seek or not."

Isaac channels into the link, exerting force on it like a vice that is slowly being pulled tighter and tighter. And then it snaps. The bones rattle as they hit the ground.

Recovery: Isaac gains 5 HP.

Chant of Endings vs. Urfan Pakhal: 1d20+11 29 vs MD, Hit for 1d10+4 11 Negative Energy Damage. Urfan Pakhal is toast!

pre:
Isaac Boreas

HP	11/18	[X] Drain Life		[X] Summon Undead (18+)
PD	11
MD	15
Rec.	5/8 (1d6-1)	Attack Mod. +10 (Base +6, +4 ED)

Phyrrus
PD	15	MD	11	Damage	1d6

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

Urfan's last words rang true, Isaac had made a deal with him that proved it, but he would never give up his will and become a puppet of the Lich King.

Isaac takes a moment to rest and carefully removes the arrow that had struck him.

Recovery: 4 HP.

Recharge Summon Undead (18+): 20, success!

"Hey! Are you done lazing around yet? Put me back together already."

Isaac sets to work meticulously putting bones back together and mending those that were broken, then he lays his hands on the skull. He utters a quiet whisper and the skeleton animates.

"Much better! As good as new if I say so myself. Now if you excuse me there's a lot of bones to be gnawed on here!"

As Phyrrus scurries about the room doing what he likes best Isaac walks over to Urfan's remains and searches them for anything useful. The dragon had been rendered useless for experimentation after the head was crushed and thus lost all value to Isaac but perhaps Urfan had something on him that would help.

pre:
Isaac Boreas

HP	15/18	[X] Drain Life		[ ] Summon Undead
PD	11
MD	15
Rec.	4/8 (1d6-1)	Attack Mod. +10 (Base +6, +4 ED)

Phyrrus
PD	15	MD	11	Damage	1d6

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at Feb 12, 2015 around 12:12

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

Isaac looks up from Urfan's spellbook which he is studying intently.

"No, that would be impossible. Animating the dead is not some kind of simple telekinetic puppetry, bring those wizards back if it's parlor tricks you want. The spirit of an undead creature is responsible for motor functions and it would be impossible for me to bring the Oracle's spirit back to her body, the cranium has suffered far too much damage from the stalagtite. According to this tome I will also require a powerful focus..."

"An orb of obsidian..."
"Huh, what's that Isaac?"
"The key that I've been searching for."

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

Isaac is far too captivated by the spellbook to pay too much attention to the festivities, he sits by a table with a glass of wine that seems to never run out and spends the time perusing. Pyrrhus lies underneath the table chomping on a bone and keeps any unwanted distraction away.

Inside the book Isaac finds a few of the Lich King's secrets that should prove most useful to further his craft.

Grabbing the first Cackling Soliloquist feat as I level up.

---

Isaac is pleased to see the improvements to the headquarters and sets about making it his permanent residence. He sends a messenger off to Horizon and then seeks out Sellie.

"Sellie, I'm expecting a shipment of books from my old study to arrive within a couple of weeks. I say old study because I am in dire need of a new one that is not located on the other side of the Midland Sea. It should be somewhere on the upper floor where there's a decent window for adequate daylight and far away from the cacophonous forge. I shall require a two good reading chairs and a small table, solid bookcases to cover a couple of the walls, some dark wooden panels to cover the rest, a desk as large as the room allows with another chair to go with it, some candlesticks and a few crates of candles. Oh, and some sort of rug for Pyrrhus so that he does not scratch the floor too much. I'll leave the details up to you, here's some gold."
Spending 400 gold on the new study.

Icon rolls:
The Three, negative: 1
The Lich King, conflicted: 3
Archmage, positive: 5

pre:
Isaac Boreas

HP	24/24	[ ] Drain Life		[ ] Summon Undead
PD	11				[ ] Terror
MD	15
Rec.	8/8 (2d6-1)	Attack Mod. +7 (Base +7)

Pyrrhus
HP	18/18	AC	18	Attack	+7 vs. AC
PD	16	MD	12	Damage	1d8

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at Feb 18, 2015 around 19:09

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

"HAHAHA! A red?! So you managed to kill a blind white and now you think you can take on something that can actually breathe fire? Here's a little friendly advice from someone in the know. Seek out another blind white, or perhaps a deaf black or maybe even a narcoleptic green, then hope you're lucky enough to slay it and retire. Hubris is a quite fatal character flaw when you're going up against dragons!"
"Why Pyrrhus, if I did not know better I would say that it sounds like you are worried about us."
"I need what's in that tiny head of yours, remember? Let's ditch these suicidal freaks and go find one of those obsidian cubes or whatever."
"Ah yes, let us just take a boat to Necropolis and ask the Lich King for a powerful necromantic artifact after we foiled his plans and killed his servant. I know that thinking is not your strong suit but do try to pay some attention."
"Huff!"

Isaac had been listening from the edge of the crowd but the odd revelation compelled him to lean in.

"It has started to... sparkle? Perhaps the artifact, if that is what has drawn the dragon to the citadel, is somehow affecting the dragon. We need to figure out what it is, it could be the key to victory."

He walks up to the desk and casts a swift glance at the drawing.

"It looks to me like moving through the catacombs is the best approach, it would be pointless to fight the dragon in the open after all."

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at Feb 18, 2015 around 19:09

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

"Master Toylson is out here in the field?" Isaac mostly remembers him staying in his lab for days on end, hard at work on his soulless creations. "Whatever he is working on could prove quite helpful, utterly useless or potentially dangerous. I shall go speak with him at once."

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

Isaac gingerly steps into the tent, keeping his distance from the glass object and the scurry of apprentices. Pyrrhus trails closely behind him, unsure of what to expect.

"Master Toylson, how interesting to find you here. The Shadow Tower has no involvement in this as far as I am aware, I have not been there myself in months. I am here as a member of the Dragon Slayers of New Port, we were contacted by Captain Arectus to deal with the dragon. Now tell me, exactly what kind of aid are the artificers lending here?"

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at Feb 18, 2015 around 19:10

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

"He does realize we aren't literally on fire right? I'm not so sure about this one Isaac. We're going up against a red dragon that has cooked paladins in their cans with it's mere presence and you're holding a stick made by a this flaky gnome that's supposed to keep you from turning extra crispy?"

Isaac looks with skepticism at the wand in his hands. The runes gleam in the light as he rotates it and he can feel that it is infused with magic, but as for what the effects would be when used he had no idea.

"If this does what you say it does it will be invaluable but I can't say that you are instilling me with much confidence, Toylson. You are telling me that you were unable to figure out how to make food stay cold but are certain that you have found a way to extinguish a red dragon? When you say it takes a long time to recharge, I assume that you mean I will not have enough time to give it a test before I have to face the dragon."

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

"Very well, then it sounds like we might stand a chance." Isaac makes the wand disappear somewhere underneath his cloak. "I best take my leave, I need to hear what my companions have uncovered. It was a pleasure to watch you work Master Toylson."

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

Isaac is definitely no spelunker, while he has no issues keeping his nerve being underground in the low light he does not possess any skills to help navigate the cave. Pyrrhus is however quite useful as an expendable scout, he is small enough to get through narrow gaps to figure out where dead ends lie and his bones are easily mended should they be broken.

Pyrrhus goes spelunking. (The Red Flame + Wisdom + Level): 19

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

Isaac whispers to the rest of the party that have yet to show themselves. "I'm fairly certain we have found the spelunkers we are after, but it would do well to have confirmation."

Isaac steps forward around the corner and puts on a slightly disinterested expression.

"That is quite the price you are asking for some addicts. Do tell how you acquired your slaves, and if they have any particular skills that could be helpful."

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

Isaac nods. "Buying the freedom of the dwarves is not an option, especially seeing as we do not have nearly enough gold."

He then turns back to the mushrooms. "These are the dwarves we are after. They are the spelunkers of the Golden Citadel Paladins and we demand that you set them free and let them go with us. We will give you one chance to let them go and we might overlook your slavery and Viscap operation, if you do not give them up these caverns will be swarming with paladins to hunt you down."

Give up the dwarves (Level + Charisma): 9 Eugh, might as well roll initiative immediately.

Initiatiuve (2d20k1 + 3): 13

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

"How problematic, in their current state the dwarves are especially susceptible to my doom chants. I will have to try put them to sleep before I can harm the fungi. Pyrrhus, lend Ryu a hand."
"Blech, chewing on toadstools? What do you take me for, Twelve? Let me chomp on the juicy crunchy dwarves instead of those soggy lumps."
"Just pretend that they are extra fat dwarves."
"Yeah, that might work!"

As Pyrrhus charges the closest fungaloid farmer Isaac chants the gloomiest lullaby you've ever heard.

Pyrrhus attacks Fungaloid Farmer Red: 1d20+7 26 Hit for 1d8 3 damage.

Chant of Endings vs. Confused Dwarf Yellow: 1d20+7 12 vs MD. Hit for 1d10+4 9 Negative energy damage.

pre:
Isaac Boreas

AC	13	[*] Chant of Endings	[ ] Unholy Blast
PD	12				[ ] Terror
MD	16
Rec.	8/8 (2d6-1)	Attack Mod. +7 (Base +7)

Pyrrhus
PD	16	MD	12	Damage	1d8

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at Feb 23, 2015 around 13:58

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

"Pyrrhus, a little help over here!"
"I thought you said that we needed to put them to sleep."
"Don't tear their esophagus out, just make sure that they aren't running around attacking us!"
"Fine, this shroom looks to be on the verge of death anyway."

Pyrrhus runs up and tries to bite one of the dwarves in the leg but the plant matter gets in the way. Meanwhile Isaac tries to get around the other dwarf but he seems insistent on not letting him past.

"Well if you're not tired then you should take a look at the jester, you are missing the show!" The dwarf turns around as Isaac points over his head at Lavi and then Isaac makes a run for it. "What feeble minds."
As he runs across the combat zone he kills the weakened mushroom that stands in his way with a quick spell, channeling its life energies to Twelve.

Pyrrhus moves to engage Confused Dwarf Yellow, drawing an OA from Farmer Red.
Pyrrhus attacks Confused Dwarf Yellow: 1d20+7 11, Miss!

Isaac tries to disengage from the dwarf.
Disengage: 3, Nope.

Turning my standard action into a movement action.
Disengage: 18, Yes.
Move to the other side of Twelve and Lavi.

Deathknell: Fungaloid Farmer Red dies, Twelve heals for 1d6 5 HP.

pre:
Isaac Boreas

PD	12				[ ] Terror
MD	16
Rec.	8/8 (2d6-1)	Attack Mod. +8 (Base +7, +1 ED)

Pyrrhus
PD	16	MD	12	Damage	1d8

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

Now safe out of the reach of the dwarves Isaac can resume his chanting, the weakened dwarf yawns heavily and then suddenly falls to the ground, snoring loudly. "Sweet dreams little spelunker!"

Pyrrhus attacks Confused Dwarf Yellow: 1d20+7 18 vs. AC, hit for 1d8 1 whole point of damage.

Chant of Endings vs. Confused Dwarf Yellow: 1d20+9 17 vs. MD, hit for 1d10+4 6 Negative energy damage.

Sleepknell: Confused Dwarf Yellow is visited by the sandman, Ryu heals for 1d6 6 HP.

Let Pyrrhus intercept the remaning fungaloid farmer if possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Isaac Boreas

"Isaac, the other dwarf seems to have taken offense about something, he's weirding me out. I'll bring down the big shroom instead!"
Pyrrhus sprints across the battlefield and leaps at the braincap, but it goes horribly wrong as he instead crashes into Lavi just as the paladin tries to roll out of the way of the smaller fungaloids attack. The jumbled mess makes it easy for the farmer to strike a perfect hit.

Isaac plants his face in his hand for a moment and then faces the braincap with his staff raised.

"So it is a battle of the minds that you are after? Surely you must know that you cannot win!"

Isaac's chanting has none of the loudness of the screeching mushroom, but all of the volume. Purple swirls appear around the braincap, they swiftly close in then flashes brightly when they strike the fungus. It has the time to let out a short yelp before it hits the ground dead.

Pyrrhus attacks Braincap: 1d20+7 Natural 1 vs. AC, fumbles.

Chant of Endings vs. Braincap: 1d20+10 25 vs. MD, hit for 1d10+4 14 Negative energy damage. Braincap dies.

pre:
Isaac Boreas

HP	9/24	[ ] Drain Life		[ ] Summon Undead
PD	12				[ ] Terror
MD	16
Rec.	8/8 (2d6-1)	Attack Mod. +10 (Base +7, +3 ED)

Pyrrhus
HP	14/18	AC	18	Attack	+7 vs. AC
PD	16	MD	12	Damage	1d8

«12 »