Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Alright, lets get this thing on the road.
OOC Thread
Google Doc Map

The Dragon Slayers

pre:
Group Purse: Half a Dragon Hoard
When you heard of the Dragon Slayers, it was as if something spoke to you. Or maybe something did speak to you, a dream from the Great Golden Wyrm, or something as mundane as an old friend telling you about it. Suffice to say, you felt that lining up to kill dragons was a calling, and you came to New Port to seek them out.

So seeing their headquarters as a burned ruin was probably a bit disappointing.
When you asked around, no one really wanted to comment. Ryu manages to hear a few whispers about a great shape in the sky the day the Dragon Slayers went up in flames, its adventurers dying or disappearing altogether in the night. No one wanted to say anything, and no one had to. The implicit threat was clear in everyone's minds.

You didn't let that stop you though.

The strangest thing was, it was Moju that had a place in town for you to set up shop. It used to be a forge set up by dwarves that did a side business in collecting and trading magic items, a common haunt for Moju in his days helping the Dwarf King. The forge had been closed as the dwarves inside chased richer veins in other parts of the Empire, but the building was still property of the Dwarves. Moju called in a favor, and now you had a place to work out of.

It's not exciting work, but there's a sense of purpose as you clean up the dust, repair the windows, and change the locks. No one wanted to talk about the old group? Fine, you'll pick up where they left off. Its not long before Ryu and Twelve are placing the Dragon Slayers sign above the door, under the observant eye of Lavi. But as you're putting in the finishing touches, a halfling girl walks up and asks in a sheepish voice.

"Are... are you the Dragon Slayers? I was hoping for a job. The old bunch said they were going to hire me, but, well, that kinda fell through, didn't it?"

Isaac however, is pulled aside, a bit away from the others. In a dark corner, a man in fine robes speaks to Isaac like an old friend.

"Isaac! So long since we've met, what have you been up to since the old Alma Mater? And a member of the Dragon Slayers as well! I may be able to help with that you know. The dragon slaying, I mean."

It's Urfan Pakhal, a colleague of sorts from the Shadow Tower. He had always been charming and intelligent, but... greedy. He washed out of the Colleges in mysterious circumstances, with the teacher making noises about 'behavior unfitting of an Imperial Mage'. You never really cared about the specifics. Right now, as this ghost from your past fixes you with an entirely too sincere grin, you wish you had.

And welcome to the game! Starting with a bit of chatting, to get a feel for your voices, then fights! Also, WhyCalibur, can you make an Oracle of Hypnos roll for me?

M.c.P fucked around with this message at 00:39 on May 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

If Urfan is phased by Isaac's coldness, he doesn't show it.
"Ah, so you do remember me! But straightforward as always, hm? No introduction for your pet here?"
He crouches down and scratches underneath Phyruss' dessicated skull.
"But let me answer your question. I've had word of a dragon, a white dragon, making trouble in a town not far from here. Dead cattle, missing people, that sort of thing. Not very interesting, hm? But my employer seeks something from that beast, and I'm not so foolish as to attempt it alone. Frankly, the two of us could have done much, but I see you have some friends to tag along?"

Urfan gets closer and smiles again.
"The pay will be great. Not just in simple gold, but... ancient knowledge for our particular talents. Believe me, you will not get an opportunity like this for a long time."

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

Urfan winks and says, "A powerful wizard, of course. The kind who wrote the book on Dracoliches. He shares his knowledge, you know. To those he deems worthy."
He shifts and you get a look at a charm around his neck. A cross with two beams. The sign of the Lich King.

"The town is a place called Wickersham, southeast from here. I'll see you there. And do keep the nosy folks at the Academy out of this, hm?"
Urfan slips away, confident that he's hooked you with the promise of knowledge.

WIth the others, the halfling coughs awkwardly and continues.

"Ah, my name is Sellie? Last group was hoping for a secretary and accountant. They gave me an interview and I was going to start working there but... you know... the fire. But they gave me a few things!"

She fishes in her pack and takes out a well worn journal.
"This thing is filled with notes on killing dragons. Written by some old paladin from a long time ago, they told me everyone, from fighter to janitor, had to read it. Lucky, huh? Woulda been bad if this thing got burned too!

I'm good with numbers, and I can clean and cook! Please, I've been so out of sorts since... the fire. I just want to help, is that okay?"

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

Sellie goggles a bit at the sword wielding felyne, but manages an answer regardless.
"Oh, that's quite kind, sir felyne. Um... cudgel onions I mostly prepare breaded and fried with a creamy tartar sauce. Depends on what kind of meat is with them though, I prefer Queen's onions with any poultry. But Algae Jellyfish, are those anything like the Clearwater Jellies from the Midland Sea? Boiling them with salt and serving it in a fish soup gives it a good texture, but I don't know if the other kind gets soft if you cook it too long.

But are you already planning on going someplace? I heard you only just got here!"

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Sellie smiles brightly. She's clearly enjoying talking cooking.

"Oh, don't worry, I can do vegetables! White grass is good braised in seed oil, I always say, and we can always do baked potatoes for you, mister!"

She gladly hands the book to Twelve, who flips through it briefly.

quote:

Red Dragons, though fierce, have heated bodies that are vulnerable to frost and ice magic. As they age, this weakness lessens, especially in those who roam the northern wastes and those experienced in defeating would be heroes.

quote:

Blue dragons of all ages are accomplished in the theories of the arcane, possessing the capability to cancel magic spells created near them. They have limits in this regard, just as any practiced magician must eventually reach his or her limits.

quote:

Some dragons may use their whole body as a weapon, including their long whipping tails. Such beasts must be surrounded carefully, lest they use the opportunity to bring all their weapons to bear.

This is really good information!

Lets not beat around the bush, you're now aware of the general weaknesses and abilities of dragons as listed in the 13th Age core book. Of course, figuring out the specifics and nastier specials of any particular dragon will take some looking into. And believe me, these dragons will be different.

M.c.P fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jan 30, 2015

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Psst, don't forget your Oracle of Hypnos roll, Whycalibur.

Sellie glares right back at Moju.
"I'm a halfling, mister. And lets not start making cracks about height, lest I start with you!"

She calms down a bit.
"But sure, I can get you what you need. Got an uncle who runs a general store, I'm sure we could work out the stuff you need."

M.c.P fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jan 30, 2015

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Moju's dreams were strange, and did not feel like they gave him much rest.
A giant, a laughing ugly man with disgusting features and an even more disgusting language holds Moju by the legs. He leaps from mountain to mountain, swinging Moju to and fro, hitting trees and rocks and the occasional person. Moju feels the rattle as his upper body is forcefully smashed into everything in creation, but as much as its uncomfortable, Moju mostly feels annoyed at the ordeal.
"Doesn't this thing know any other songs?" Moju thinks to himself.

Sellie turns in shock at Isaac's grand entrance. Its certainly been a series of strange events for her today. But the news excites her as well.

"Oh, I know where that is! And the Darvey brothers are leaving to go there this evening too! Ooh, but you'll need food, well, most of you will need food and sleeping rolls, and canteens. Oh this is exciting! I'll get everything ready as fast as I can!"

She rushes out the door as fast as her little feet will take her (barring someone stopping her, of course). As she turns a corner, she shouts back at you.
"We'll discuss my salary when you return, okay? Have fun out there!"

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Its decided! You rise to the occasion and prepare to set off for Wickersham. Of course, there's not much to do. You arrived with very little, and whatever provisions and transportation you would also have needed were being taken care of by Sellie. Its a good time to get some practice in and read that Dragon Slayers journal, anyway.

That afternoon, you sit in the back of a cart with the Darvey brothers, who turn out to be a half-elf and a half-orc. Arandriel and Buck Darvey, first cousins as Buck explains to you, but they figured being brothers was easier on the customers. They agree to take you to Wickersham in exchange for guarding their wagon, and they're easily convinced what with the tales of a dragon in the area. It's an easy route, and pretty relaxed, though Buck has a penchant to talk your ear off while Arandriel plays his lute.

But its a good thing you're there, as while you're passing through a copse of trees, a log comes crashing down in front of the cart! The Darveys rather instinctively scamper under the wagon, while the rest of you peer ahead at the road and the trees above. From out of the trees, a few kobolds walk forward. The one in the middle, obviously the leader, points his sword at you.

"As humans say, your food, your oils, your gold, or your life. You give to the Oracle, she will be thankful. You don't? You die."

As he speaks, you look up in the trees around you. There are kobolds up in the branches, aiming small bows at you. Not a great position, but they don't look that tough.

Alright, some guys rolled for gold, some guys didn't, but unless there's any strenuous objections we're going to be using a group purse.
Sellie's stuff came out to 20 gold for everyone (a bargain!) and 5 gold for her to keep an eye on things while you're gone, so now the group purse is 170 gold. I'll keep a note on the first post for it.

If you want to start some poo poo, roll initiative

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
You launch into the attack! Their leader clearly wasn't expecting this, standing nearly dumbfounded as you begin to rush forward. The other kobolds are little better, but they hesitate as they wait for commands. You have the initiative!

The kobolds rolled terribly, Everyone is up!
Keep an eye on your own HP, I'll be doing similarly in the Google Doc, but its better if two people can keep an eye on it.

The kobold archers are in the loving trees! Ranged attacks against AC and PD get -2 as long as they're up there, and its a DC15 Background check to get to them (one way or another) with a melee attack.
All kobolds are Evasive, missed attacks deal no damage to them.

The warriors will intercept anyone going for the Hero

pre:
Kobold Hero            34/34 HP AC18 PD16 MD12
Warrior Red            22/22 HP AC18 PD15 MD12
Warrior Blue           22/22 HP AC18 PD15 MD12
Archer Mooks Yellow    30/30HP(6) AC16 PD14 MD10
Archer Mooks Green    30/30HP(6) AC16 PD14 MD10
Edit: Reminder that we're hanging out at #sadragonslayers on synirc.net

M.c.P fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jan 31, 2015

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
If your efficient destruction of his allies phases the kobold leader, it doesn't show on his scaly face. Instead, he cries in defiance.
"Ragh! You fool soft-skins will serve as a message!"
The hero unfurls a banner, a white flag with a white eye on it, and raises it high as he rushes forward to meet Ryu. He swings his sword, and Ryu barely has time to parry it, only to be rewarded to a kick in the stomach and sand in his eyes.
The leader calls something in his scratchy language, and Ryu clears the sand enough to see a hail of arrows hurtling towards him.
"Krrrr Krrr Krrr," The kobold leader chuckles to himself. "See what your unearned arrogance earns you!"

The warrior, in the meantime, struggles with the skeletal dog. He gets a good hit on it, but that only lets Phyrrus grab the kobold's spear between his teeth. The kobold is stuck in place as they wrestle over the weapon.

Kobold Hero engages with Ryu, Swings and hits!, 6 damage and the other kobolds deal more damage to Ryu
Archers target Ryu, 3 hits, 3 misses. 18 damage total!
Warrior attacks Phyrrus, hits! 4 damage
Warrior tries to disengage, fails.

Esclation DIe is now at 1, Everyone is up again

The kobold archers are in the loving trees! Ranged attacks against AC and PD get -2 as long as they're up there, and its a DC15 Background check to get to them (one way or another) with a melee attack.
Lavi, however, is up with them and can go hog wild.
All kobolds are Evasive, missed attacks deal no damage to them.

pre:
Kobold Hero lvl2            34/34 HP AC18 PD16 MD12
Warrior Red lvl1            19/22 HP AC18 PD15 MD12
Archer Mooks Yellow lvl1   18/30HP(6) AC16 PD14 MD10
Archer Mooks Green lvl1    18/30HP(6) AC16 PD14 MD10
The map I'm using is a google doc, found here! I'll add this link to the first post if any of you are interested.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
The kobold gurgles out a response from inside Ryu's grip.
"Dumb... human apparently wishes... to die!"
In a show of skill or desperation, his sword comes up between them and slashes at Ryu's arm. Ryu drops the kobold, who immediately scampers away underneath the wild swings of the other Orc.
The kobold turns and fixes Ryu with a wild glare.
"And now I grant your wish! Archers, fire!"
One tiny arrow sails from the treetops and embeds itself in Ryu's foot. It is only now that the leader looks around and realizes how many of his allies have died.
The spear wielding kobold, in the meantime, has finally managed to get his spear away from Phyrrus and has backed away from the skeletal dog. It looks with fear at his leader, but receives only threats and orders in return. They certainly feel outnumbered, but somehow still stand strong.

Kobold hero swings on Ryu, hits! 6 damage and other kobolds do more damage to him!
attempts to disengage, succeeds!
Two archers fire at Ryu, one hit! 6 more damage
Last archer fires at Lavi, miss
Warrior attack Phyrrus, miss!
Attempts to disengage, makes it!

Mooks still in trees, yadda yadda. -2 to attacks to AC and PD.
Kobolds are evasive, no miss damage.
Warrior will intercept anyone moving to get the Hero
Escalation die is 2, Everyone is up.

pre:
Kobold Hero            29/34 HP AC18 PD16 MD12
Warrior Red            17/22 HP AC18 PD15 MD12
Archer Mooks Yellow    12/30HP(6) AC16 PD14 MD10
Archer Mooks Green    6/30HP(6) AC16 PD14 MD10

M.c.P fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Feb 2, 2015

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
The two kobolds facing you can only watch as Isaac and Lavi effortlessly carve through their support. And the menacing forms of the Orc Lord and Phyrrus promise certain pain. It's too much for the warrior. He turns tail, barely dodging Twelve's swinging claws, and makes for the safety of the woods. His leader curses at him to return, but it proves fruitless. The leader takes a second to consider his options, before dropping his own banner and fleeing the scene.
"Bah! Bringing an Orc is cheating! I will come back later to kill you, human!"

Quick as they are, they only have short legs. You could probably stop them if you tried.

DC 15 background to stop these guys if you so desire. Otherwise, spend recoveries!

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
The Hero is also running, if anyone wants to catch him as well.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
The kobold spits blood in the Orc Lord's face.
"I... am proud... to die in service... of the Oracle..."
The kobold falls limp, dead.

Behind you, the Darvey brothers climb out from under their cart and burst into praise. They've gone on this route plenty of times, and had to deal with their share of cutthroats, but this is the first time they've run into an ambush like that. Thankfully, your skill and prowess defeated these kobolds pretty easily!

Gonna time skip, if you had anything else to take care of, feel free to post and we'll make time a little fluid.

---

Its not too long after that you pull into the town of Wickersham. Its a simple affair consisting mostly of log cabins and a small imperial post. This close to the Wild Wood, stone buildings don't last long, but a three story tower seems to stand in defiance of the High Druid. Close to the entrance of the town, you can see an Inn, with a sign proclaiming the name, The Bawdy Elf.

An imperial soldier hails you at the gate, exchanging greetings and small talk with the Darveys. The brothers introduce you, and the guard lets out a sigh of relief.
"Well, masters, we're quite thankful you've turned up at all! Haven't gotten many traders in here ever since Young Terrence told us he saw a dragon, and we've been running low on salts and such. Bet your here to kill that beast, eh? You'll have to get in line though, buncha wizards showed up a day before you, they're holed up in Magister Fenroy's tower. And this bloke in a funny hat showed up a little before you, think he went to the inn."

This guard seems pretty chatty, and there's plenty of things you need to check still. The words of the Dragon Slayers Journal come forth in your mind.

To slay a Dragon posted:

To ensure the proper killing of a dragon, the appropriate steps must be made.
1. Scout or discover the dragon's color, and particular strengths. The beasts are as varied as the creatures they terrorize, and an unprepared force is a dead one.
2. Whether in the beasts lair or on your own ground, ensure that the creature can not escape your grasp. Few dragons fight to the death, they must be cornered else they escape to terrorize again.
3. When these are assured, attack the beast with great vigor, for the creatures become enraged in battle, fighting harder the longer the battle is prolonged.

At this point, you guys can split up and gather info. Some people have seen the dragon, there's some people in town also looking for it, and perhaps a few other things as well. Background checks won't be necessary unless you're up to something risky.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Isaac makes his way into the inn. At this time of day, the farmers, cobblers, and other such people have finished their labor and have convened in the inn to drink and be merry. Its friendly, warm, and a bit loud, though not entirely rowdy. Isaac spots the man he's looking for quickly. Urfan Pakhal is drinking with a couple farmers and engaged in lively conversation, as if he was another member of this salt of the earth community. Urfan quickly spots Isaac, and making his excuses he gets up and walks to the fellow necromancer.

"Isaac, good of you to make it. No trouble on the road, I hope? Let me get you a drink, my treat, I insist! And here, I was saving this treat for your friend!"
Urfan produces a bone from somewhere in his robes and tosses it to Phyrrus. Phyrrus can't help but note it is a kobold's femur, largely picked clean.
"Ah, but you no doubt wish to discuss our mission. Well, lets take a seat, over here, a lovely quiet corner for us. Now, what did you want to start with?"

---

Ryu Kazama (and Twelve?) make their way to the stone tower in the center of town, apparently the abode of Magister Fenroy. Being rather obviously adventuring types, they are admitted into the living room on the first floor and treated to cups of warm cider while they wait. A manservant heads upstairs to inform the Magister of your arrival, and while you wait you can't help but hear a few snatches of conversation from upstairs.
"... heard they were nearly here... necromancers... a second one! ... in our way... Oracle must be... deal with them..."

Before too long, a human and a dark elf come down the stairs. The human is gaunt and bent over, wearing a small pince-nez and wearing a stained vest that seems covered in bulging pockets. The dark elf, in contrast, stands tall with the pride typical of elves, wearing pristine robes colored silver and dark blue. The human peers at each of you and speaks.
"Hmmm, yes. I am Magister Fenroy, representative of the Archmage in this town, and keeper of order on this blasted edge of the Wild Wood. I suppose you're here about the dragon? What can I do for you?"
The dark elf doesn't say a word.

M.c.P fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Feb 3, 2015

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
It's not a very large town, but Moju quickly pinpoints the poorly made shacks and communal fires that mark the less well-to-do parts of the town. One particular group of rough looking men circled around a fire seems like a good mark. Moju clambers his way on top of a nearby roof and settles in to listen.

"Joo hear Terrence running his mouth about that dragon he saw? Dumb sod never been happier than now, you ask me."
"S'cos he's imaginin' he'll get a reward for spottin' it! As if the Magister would let a green copper slip outa his fingers."
"Bet he wants the Dragon's gold. Dragons always got gold, right? Richer than emp'rers, Thas what I hear."
"Aye, and less willin' to eat ya!"
The ruffians laugh, and as they do so a broad shouldered human in a black coat joins in their laughter. He speaks next, in a low voice with a bit of a lisp.
"And Terrenth said it was just a white dragon? Why wait for adventurers? Why don't you take that gold for yourself?"

The circle turns and regards the newcomer. Normally they'd have started something, but something about this one exudes an aura of Don't make a wrong move, and so they let it be. Moju leans in closer with greater interest.
"Eh.. but dragons, they ain't pushovers. Me ma, she said dragon slayers gotta have armor n' swords n' magic. We've just got billhooks n' such, we can't be slayin' dragons."
"Oh? Even if I said the beasth lair was in a copse a half a days walk south? Even if I had something, a special something, such that even the weakest of swingth could tear the beasth flesh from its bonth?"

The newcomer speaks in softer and softer whispers, drawing the circle of ruffians closer around the fire. Moju has to strain harder and harder to hear, but fails to account for the rickety construction of the shack he's listening from. In a crash of tiling, wooden planks, and a few bottles, the shack collapses, depositing the shaken Moju nearly at the feet of the group he was listening to.

The man in the black coat steps forward, and Moju notes how clearly he can see the man's toothy grin in the dark.
"Well, here's a (short pause) dwarf who's not afraid to get in danger. Tell me, squat one, were you hoping to face a dragon?"

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Moju puts on a confident face, or at least a confident something where his face would be.
The man in the black coat chuckles, a wheezing, hissing sort of thing. "I think this deformed dwarf fancies himself an adventurer!" Another set of laughs from the assembled ruffians, evidently not wanting to be left out.

"And nonthenth? I don't deal in nonthenth, dwarf. I deal in these!"
The man opens his coat, which you now see is lined in runic stones and bottles of oil.

"Runth! Oilth! The likth of which can tranthform a butter knife into a dragon killer! And these runth are special indeed, for they are guaranteed to add nothing less than hellfire to your blade. Perfect for killing the cold white dragonth, hm? One for a mere 125 gold, a fraction of the dragonth horde!"

The assembled ruffians turn to each other and talk. Moju doesn't get the feeling many of them could really afford this. The Dragon Slayers, though...

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Twelve speaks politely, but can't fail but notice the knowing glance exchanged between the two wizards.

Magister Fenroy speaks first.
"Well, I appreciate the thought. But the fact of the matter is, we wizards have the matter well in hand. Keleanor here," Magister Fenroy nods to the dark elf, "is leading a team from Horizon that is looking into this matter. No need for help, its a very delicate matter, you see. What with the Wild Wood so close, you know, lots of politics."

The dark elf, apparently named Keleanor, coughs into his hand. That seems to be enough to remind the Magister of something.
"Ah! But if you wish to help, well, there is something we could use your aid. There are concerns that agents of the Lich King are taking an interest in this whole affair. Something nefarious, no doubt. We're on the lookout for two of them, practitioners of magic, that may be colluding. Do you happen to know anything about this?"

Edit: When Ryu mentions the name of the Oracle, there's another flicker or recognition between the two wizards. Magister Fenroy speaks again.
"Like I said, the matter of the dragon is well in hand. I highly suggest you leave such affairs to those qualified to do them."

---

Isaac drinks deeply. It's a fairly tepid ale, but it does something for his thirst, at least.

Urfan leans back and claps lightly. "Bravo!" Its infuriatingly hard to tell if he's being sarcastic.
"The white dragon we seek is known to the kobolds as the Oracle, that is correct. She's older than most white dragons, but not through any particular prowess. No, instead she has been in hiding for nearly a century, constantly moving from place to place, keeping only an honor guard of kobolds with her. Frankly, it was a stroke of luck that she got spotted here. Any longer, and I'm sure she would have flown south to the wastes, well beyond our reach."

Urfan drinks deeply of his own mug, and puts it back down with a contented sigh.
"Now, if I may ask a question in return. Who exactly is your skeletal pet? I can tell its not a dog soul in there. What, was it punishment for an old rival? A failed ritual? I'm quite curious."

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
The Magister glares back at Twelve. He doesn't respond, but nothing in his body language indicates he gave any of Twelve's words a second thought.

"These magicians? Well, necromancers, really, or at least we're fairly certain they are necromancers. The leader is someone named Urfan Pakhal, middling height, black hair, strange taste in headgear. He's one of the Lich King's more subtle agents, skilled at manipulating others into working into the dead king's hands. He was spotted in New Port, and we have reason to believe his next move is to come here.

As for the other, we don't know much. A robed man with a skeletal dog, seen in New Port with Urfan. I can only imagine its some easily influenced acolyte hungry for knowledge. If that's the case, there's probably no reason to be too rough with him."

M.c.P fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 4, 2015

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Ryu's words cause something to snap in the Magister. He begins to fume and stomp around the room

"Listen you! Both of you, you meaty half-wits! We have this under control! We do not want your help! We do not want humans and half-orcs too stupid to take 'no' for an answer bumbling around ruining our rituals and ambushes! And we especially do not want some meat-headed idiot with delusions of grandeur killing the dragon before we can-"
"Fenroy!"
Its the only word you've heard Keleanor speak since you've seen him. If looks could kill, the Magister would be a smoking pile of ashes right now.

This does nothing for the Magister's mood.
"Get out! Get out! And if I see you meddling in our affairs again, I'll have you alll turned into frogs!"
The manservants, along with some more wizards, come down and politely, but firmly, show you the door.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
All that Isaac sees in Urfan's face is more smiles.
"Why did we never play cards together, Isaac? A missed opportunity on both our parts.
As for the dragon, well, my employer always needs servants, and white dragons make good ones. You know, after they're dead. I'm capable of the rituals, you know. That's why I wanted you to tag along with me."

Isaac can feel Urfan trying to change the subject. There was probably something else here, but Isaac would have to be careful how he got the information.
Meaning that's all from this angle until I get a background roll to coax the info out of him.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Urfan shrugs at Isaac's question. For all his evasive answers, he does seem to respect the other necromancer as a colleague.
"Ah, well, we're at the crux of the matter, yes? When you work for the people I do, you learn that some questions are not worth asking. But it seems to me the clue is in the name. This Oracle sees something important, something that is bending many forces to this little town just to grasp it. What specifically? I'm not sure. It's the purview of the icons. But there's no doubt in my mind that some very powerful people have their glittering eyes on this place. Which is why I appreciate you being here, Isaac. There's so much I wouldn't be able to do without your help."

M.c.P fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Feb 4, 2015

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Lavi quickly finds what must be Young Terrence, sitting on a fountain near the square, entertaining a small crowd of people. He's certainly young, but strong looking and already looking a little rugged. A longbow hangs easily off one shoulder.

The boy needs no encouraging to start his story again.
"Oh, of course, sir Felyne. I'd be happy to! See, I was looking for something to hunt with my new bow Ironwood and Plesioth gut, came from the Wild Wood and I spotted a rabbit close to Ms. Aylen's ranch. I shot the thing right through the heart, but the carcass got lost in one of the hedgerows. But when I was digging around in there, I heard this great flapping of wings and a humongous roar!"
Terrence demonstrates the roar, to the joy of the children and the eyerolling of the adults.
"I was like a rabbit myself, stuck in that bush, and I saw the dragon! It was twice as big as the Magister's tower, and wings like a bat! It's scales were pale white, like snow on the mountains, and it had teeth as long as my arm! The eyes, they had no pupils, but they were as white as its scales, filled with evil and magic. And on its back, a hundred kobolds, armed with terrible spears and axes! They landed at the ranch, and the dragon began to eat those cows, left and right! One gulp, and a cow would disappear down its gullet! But oh, poor Ms. Aylen! She had stepped out to see what the commotion was, and as soon as she could scream, those hundred kobolds grabbed her and threw her on the dragon's back! I just about got up to save her, but right as I was, the big thing took off, flying away with the kobolds on its back and four cows in its claws!"

Well, that was interesting. It would probably be best to get Terrence to come back to reality.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
If Terrence was happy to tell stories before, he's overjoyed now. He happily digs into the stick of meat, his answers coming out between eager bites.

"Yep, those eyes were milky white, no black bits at all. Seemed to fly okay though. Although... thinking about it, something's coming back to me."

Terrence briefly puts the meat aside, though he's still chewing.
"You know, I think the dragon had leads. Yeah, leads running from its mouth to somewhere on its back, and this kobold in these robes and a funny hat holding them!"

Terrence swallows, finally, sparing everyone the sight of half-chewed food.
"But who ever heard of a dragon with leads? Or a dragon who lets people ride it? Well, besides the ones in Axis, but those are the good dragons. I really don't know, I'm just a hunter, you know?"
And Terrence resumes digging into his food.

Right, we're coming to the end of this bit. You can meet up and plan, etc., but if you like we can move on to the dragon's lair, which Moju managed to hear the location of.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
You meet at the tavern to discuss the things you've learned, though Urfan Pakhal dissapears at some point. You have plenty of information, and if the dragon was the only thing worth considering, well, you'd be victorious already. But the question of the Archmage's lackeys, and Urfan himself, looms large.

If you guys want to buy a rune off of that fellow in the black coat, go ahead and say so, we'll retcon it.

Nevertheless, plans are made, and you know the location of the dragon's lair, thanks to Moju. After a short time preparing for the journey, you set off. The woods are not too thick, and you don't encounter any resistance. Soon, you have made your way to a clearing. Rocks and vegetation don't quite conceal the opening in the earth you are no doubt looking for. It looms, large and dark. Just inside the entrance two kobolds, scales painted white and leaning on spears, guard the entrance.

Urfan, somehow, finds you before you notice he's there.

"And now for the big event! Ah, Urfan Pakhal, at your service, I'm a good friend of Isaac's. I sense, oh, thirty or forty living beings in there, probably all fighters. A bit much to deal with on top of a dragon, don't you think? But thankfully I had some preparations of my own!"

He doesn't wait to answer your questions. Briefly, his right eye begins to glow and twinkle a sickly blue color, and all around you the ground seems to rise up. Ghouls! Zombies! Dozens of undead things alternatively race or plod towards the cave entrance. Some of them were hidden close to you, and you have an unsettling moment as a long dead corpse looks at you with blank eyes before shuffling to join the assault. The guards chatter and sound the alarm, but they are quickly set upon and consumed by the ghoul vanguard. The undead horde makes its way inside the cave, with Urfan almost skipping merrily behind.

"Hah! That should take care of the guards. It will be on you, Dragon Slayers, to find and fight the dragon, though! My pets won't touch you, but I can't guarantee everything will be safe down there. Good luck!'

Urfan's undead have tied up the guards, but the whole cave system is now bedlam! What are you going to do to help find the dragon's lair? Make some background checks, and give me an initiative roll.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Isaac tries to hitch a ride on the twisted and empty minds of Urfan's undead minions, but he's unprepared for the savagery of the assault. The eyes and actions of every undead assault his sense, and he is bombarded by the battle cries and death screams in dozens of different places. The cacophony tears at his mind, but his training holds strong and he tries to make sense of the jumble. Deeper inside he sees a set of large wooden doors, painted white and decorated with crude images of eyes and dragons. That must be the place they're looking for.

Isaac suffers an assault on his psyche, but it misses! lucky dog.

Ryu and Twelve take the lead into the cave, rushing your way past skirmishes and pitched combat in the increasingly cramped cave system. Ryu can sense the general direction of the great beast, and Twelve points out the pathways the great beast must have taken. But as Twelve leads you through an opening, you are caught in a trap! A group of kobolds had taken position here, and before you realize it you come under fire from their arrows! Fortunately, several ghouls begin to fight the archers in close range, saving you a continued onslaught, but Twelve takes a nasty hit.

Twelve gets hit by arrows! He takes 6 damage.

But before long you see the place Isaac glimpsed. The kobolds guarding it have been scattered or are engaged in lethal combat, but the doors themselves stand fast. Lavi takes the lead, silent as a cat despite his heavy armor. He opens the great doors enough for the rest of you to sneak in, and thanks to the sounds of combat outside, you get in unnoticed. The room you enter is large, littered with bones, old armors and weapons, and fallen rocks. In a corner are a few crude wooden cages, one of them occupied. And in the center of the room, your quarry.

The Oracle is just as Terrence described, a long serpentine body covered in white and grey scales. On her back she seems to be wearing some sort of riding harness, though from here you can see it gleam with riches. She seems to be looking right at the door you came in from, but you can see the paleness of her pupils, evidently preventing her from seeing you. She's old, but while dragons are supposed to become stronger and smarter as they age, this one seems to have become decrepit and wizened. Her head wavers back and forth, bobbing between the half eaten carcass at her feet and the kobold in front of her. The kobold has its back to you, and is wearing full white robes.

"Krizzek," Speaks the Oracle, "I can hear them outside. The day has come. You do not have to remain here."
The kobold bows its head and replies, "No, Oracle. I have sworn to remain by your side unto death. Even at this time, I will not abandon you."
The Oracle nods slowly. "Would that I could reward your service. But at least we shall make our attackers pay dearly."

As you move in, Moju notes one of the rocks in the rear of the chamber is in front of a tunnel. It's a pretty hefty looking boulder, but evidently no trouble for a dragon. But the tunnel behind does look like a tight squeeze.

Neither the dragon nor the kobold seem to have noticed you. You might have an advantage here.

Alright, thanks to sneaking, you guys have an Ambush! Moju has the highest initiative, so he gets to take a surprise turn. You guys pick one other person (initiative doesn't matter) to take a surprise turn with him. Use the Recruit thread or IRC to hash it out if you like.

Also last chance to retcon any preparations in.

pre:
The Oracle  Lvl4  AC 16  PD 13  MD 13
Krizzek  Lvl2  AC 17  PD 12  MD 16

M.c.P fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 5, 2015

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
In a sick mirror of the battle happening outside, a wave of undead attack the Oracle and her kobold servant! The servant yells something, but it is drowned out by the roar of the dragon.

"And so the murderers come to snuff out what has brought light for so long! Where are you, cold-as-death? Where are you, fire-tamed? As much as you think you drive your own path, a dark hand has already paved its way for you!"

The distraction has worked wonders. The Oracle and Krizzek wrestle with their skeletal attackers, giving some of you the opportunity to strike!

Mogu, Ryu, and Lavi are up!

Krizzek is evasive, he takes no miss damage.

pre:
The Oracle lv.4  AC16  PD13  MD13  95/104
Krizzek  lv.2  AC17  PD12  MD16  24/34

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Your assault on Krizzek almost kills him! He's bleeding profusely, but somehow he refuses to die just yet.
"Oracle! Oracle, I'm coming!"
Heedless of the danger, he dashes to the dragon's side. Ryu's sword swings wide overhead, but Phyrrus gets another claw in. Somehow, the kobold tenaciously hangs on!

Krizzek clambers up the dragon's shoulder, as if they had done this hundreds of times before. He takes a seat in the saddle on her back, and picks up the reigns. The difference in the Oracle's actions are immediate. The skeleton's strikes before seem to have come as a surprise to her before, but with Krizzek leading her, she acts with grim intent.

With two mighty claw swipes, the skeletons in her path are reduced to bonemeal and metal scraps.
"Monsters, to attack my servant so! Silver-bound, you are a monster, and you will always be a monster. All your glory falls before the might of dragons, and all that remains for you is revenge!"

She takes a deep breath, and Krizzek directs her breath to the two casters in the back.

"But I will take great pleasure in striking the Empty-souled! You should not exist! You are an abomination!"

The Oracles breath comes, cold and dangerous, leaving Isaac shivering and Moju feeling the ice shards in his limbs.

Krizzek attempts to disengage! fails!
Moves, draws opportunity attacks. Phyrrus hits! 1 damage! Ryu misses!
Krizzek moves, gets on The Oracle's back.

The Oracle attacks the skeletons, hit! 12 damage! hit! 12 damage, skeletons are destroyed!
Breathes Ice, attacking Isaac and Moju. Hit and hit! Isaac and Moju take 10 cold damage each!
The Oracle moves forward, engages Twelve.

Krizzek is evasive, misses deal no damage.
Krizzek is acting as eyes for The Oracle! As long as they are together, The Oracle gets +4 to AC and PD, and +4 to attacks.
(Which does mean that if Isaac somehow easily kills Krizzek, she immediately loses those buffs)

Everyone is up! Moju, Ryu, and Lavi get the benefit of +1 escalation though. Don't forget it!

pre:
The Oracle lv.4  AC20  PD17  MD13  95/104
Krizzek  lv.2  AC17  PD12  MD16  1/34
It occurred to me after making the post that Captain Walker could have used Lethal to re-roll. Ah... sorry about that. If its any consolation, the dragon rolled poo poo hot, so she could have made those hits even with a debuff.

M.c.P fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Feb 6, 2015

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
When Krizzek dies, The Oracle roars out loud, shaking the cave and nearly deafening you in her fury.
"Cold-as-death, you will pay for what you have done! Not from me, but your desires will be your undoings, I swear it! You will all pay for what you have done!"

But without her rider, The Oracle's is left in a bind. She swings widely and furiously, but it makes it easier to dodge her blows. She is left unaware of your positions, giving you more time to try to strike at her hide. She attempts to smash Phyrrus against a stalagmite, but he still hangs on to her ankle and escapes unscathed. Twelve, however, is caught by one of the wide swings, sending him briefly to the ground.

"I feel your rage, Returned-Lord! And it is you, come to the fore in this battle, not your minder! The Twelve stars speak for both of you, but only one may see them to their end!"

The Oracle breathes again, whipping her head around wildly, but it goes over most of your heads. Lavi is the closest to being caught, but his small stature lets him roll out of the way of the worst of it.
"Gold-scale! You should never have returned to the battlefield. You break your oaths, and the consequences will tear at all you hold dear!"

The commotion has brought reinforcements! A handful of kobolds rush into the room behind you, though all of them have wounds of some kind. Nevertheless, they draw their weapons and prepare to attack from behind!

Swings at Phyrrus, misses!
Swings at Twelve, hit at 24 vs AC! 12 damage
Ice Breath against Lavi, miss!

Reinforcements arrive!

More kobolds join the fight!
Escalation die still at 1 Twelve and Isaac are up!

pre:
The Oracle lv.4  AC16  PD13  MD13  45/104
Stabbers lv.1  AC17  PD15  MD11 20/24 (6 each)
Warrior lv.1  AC18  PD15  MD12  11/22

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
With a yell somewhere between terror and rage, the remaining kobolds fall upon you! The smaller ones only have small daggers, but one of them manages to cut Isaac, and the other kicks Moju hard in the junk. The warrior tries to get a hit in on the distracted Ryu, but fails horribly. He hops back, hissing a threat at the half-orc.

Stabbers engage Isaac and Moju
Hits Isaac with 22 vs AC, 4 damage! Hits Moju with 18 vs AC, 4 damage!
Warrior engages with Ryu! misses!
Even roll, Warrior pops free.

Kobolds are evasive, misses deal no damage.

Escalation die now at 2, Moju, Ryu, and Lavi are up!

pre:
The Oracle lv.4  AC16  PD13  MD13  38/104
Stabbers lv.1  AC17  PD15  MD11 8/24 (6 each)

M.c.P fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Feb 7, 2015

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
The Dragon thrashes violently, trying to avoid things she can't see.
"A challenge, Silver-Bound? Rebuild your shattered empire, or seek the ebony scales of your usurpers. But you are a bully at heart, clawing at those crippled for your blooded amusement!"

She desperately bites and claws at the air, hitting no one. But the wildness of her swings makes you back away, giving her the chance to flee! She gallops to the back of the room, and begins to paw about for the exit!

Dragon claws away, Misses Ryu, misses Twelve.
Attempts a disengage, succeeds!
The Oracle can't find the exit! She scrabbles frantically.

All Kobolds are evasive, misses deal no damage

Escalation die is at 2, and Twelve and Isaac are up!

pre:
The Oracle lv.4  AC16  PD13  MD13  26/104
Stabbers lv.1  AC17  PD15  MD11 8/24 (6 each)

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
WIth a final, brutal strike, the Orc Lord strikes hard against the dragon! The Oracle screams and falls to the ground, bleeding heavily from her ruined eyes. She is finished, but as she lays dieing, body heaving past the cuts the Dragon Slayers have put on her body, she says these words.

"The day... is here... I die to the Returned-Lord, and am granted vision beyond visions... I see it! A great wave rises, and the land shakes! Four are joined, and the usurper quakes in his stone throne! All creatures bow, or perish in its shadow!"

The Oracle heaves upward, raising her bloody head high.

"The White Returns! The White Returns!"

And then she collapses, dead.

Almost unheeded behind you, the last remaining kobold throws down his weapon and runs for the doors. The undead outside will probably take care of him. Indeed, you can hear the sounds of combat dying down in the rest of the cave system.

As Ryu cleans his sword, he notes some of the bones and bodies scattered around the room. One he recognizes as Imperial, a patrol of some sort that ran afoul of the Oracle. As he walks over, he notes a gleam under one pile of bones. Looking through them, he finds a sword, gleaming like new despite the surroundings! What a find!

Ryu finds a +1 Greatsword of Haughtiness! Attacks against the most dangerous foe in a battle (or tied for most dangerous) get +1d4 damage!

The rest of you make note of the saddle on the Oracle's back, with the gaunt and slumped Krizzek still inside. It's covered in golden plates, rare gems, and precious metals! Once you get the thing off the dragon, it would be worth quite a lot!

You find 600 gold worth of shiny stuff!

You take a moment to celebrate and collect your thoughts.
Short rest, spend recoveries as you wish.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Urfan stumbles into the room, looking more than a bit harried. His right sleeve is on fire, and it looks as if part of his pants have been burned away by acid. As he tries to pat out his clothes, he manages to give you his trademark smile and makes his way quickly to the Oracle's body.

"Ah! I see you were successful, well done! But I'm afraid there's been some complications, it looks like..."

But the source of Urfan's troubles are soon made apparent, as another group of people come through the doors. Five people, human and elves, dressed in long robes with silver highlights, file into the room and form a line at the doors. A few of them have tears in their clothes and light claw wounds, but hardly seemed to be bothered by them. One of them steps forward, and Twelve and Ryu recognize the dark elf, Keleanor.

"Well, it seems short-sighted greed and ignorant credulousness have won the day again. You have destroyed a chance for the Archmage to save this Empire for the sake of shiny trinkets and forbidden knowledge. Hardly surprising, considering your lack of intelligence. But you may salvage this yet. Submit Urfan Pakhal to our custody, and we shall forgive this indiscretion."

The other four wizards watch you with suspicion, ready to cast something at the first sign of violence. Urfan whispers something from behind you.

"Persistent group, aren't they? But ultimately more interested in their own safety than whatever high ideals they profess to uphold. If you could keep me safe for a little time, I could probably scare them off."

The air in the room seems to stand still, as both sides watch the other for any false moves. The next move falls to you.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
"A few cows, guards, and farmers. Nothing compared to the devastation the Archmage stands against every day."

The Dark elf sneers at Isaac.

"And you must be the accomplice. Isaac Boreal, from the Dark Tower. Clearly we must treat our colleagues from there with far more scrutiny. And as for the threat, that was what the Oracle was for. Something stirs in the Iron Sea, and this dragon had the gift of sight to tell us what was needed. But its too late now, isn't it? Whatever knowledge or vision she possessed has been lost to the void. Now we are here to prevent the Lich King from empowering himself from her remains."

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Urfan picks up on the conversation.

"Isaac, what was that? I don't think you understand. Leaving without this dragon is not an option."

Keleanor readies his staff.
"Information? Perhaps. But we will not let this agent of the Lich King leave with it. The likes of him pose significant threat to the safety of the Empire!"

Energy begins to pool on opposite sides of the room. Urfan mumbles to himself, and the cold blue gleam has returned to his right eye. The wizards channel energy, and motes of elemental power begin to appear in the room. And all of you are stuck in the middle.

Roll initiative if you want to jump one side or another, background checks (and hard ones!) if you try to talk this down

M.c.P fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 8, 2015

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
With the tension in the room so close to the breaking point, it seems just a small spark could set the whole room on fire. But with all the magic uses so focused on each other, no one notices the dust coming from the roof. Until, with a sudden crack, a stalactite comes down from the roof, and, with a terrible crunch, destroys the Oracle's head! Everyone stands dumbstruck at the development.

Urfan Pakhal seems particularly devastated.

"No! NO! You've ruined it! You've ruined everything! I can't go back with nothing!"

He points a finger at Moju, rage clear on his fingers.
"That magic, it was your doing, wasn't it? So willing to sell me to the Archmage? Abandon me, after all I've done for you! But I won't be made a fool of!"

The cold blue glow in eye gets brighter than brighter, and the ground rumbles.

"And your corpses will make fine servants for the Lich King!"

The human's skin sloughs away in a terrifying display, dropping in a bloody pile on the floor. The figure that remains, skeletal but bloody, takes a black orb from beneath his robes. At its command, the other corpses in the room rise, holding rusted swords.

Keleanor narrows his eyes.
"A minor matter. Team, prepare lightning, target the..."
And the doors of the room splinter and break open. Undead kobolds! Freshly dead, they leap and claw at the nearby wizards with murder in their dead eyes!

The apparition that was Urfan Pakhal points a bony finger at you.
"Dragon Slayers. You will die and serve the true lord of this Empire."

Roll initiative!

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Lavi Initiative: 1d20+3 6

You face down what is, or perhaps used to be, Urfan Pakhal. A number of skeletons in the room have risen to his aid, and these look sturdier than Isaac's attempts at it. Two of them aim arrows at your group. Urfan also found a dead dog somewhere, and it wheezes at you in a semblance of a growl.

Behind you, the wizards are occupied fending off the risen kobolds. With only a few doors, they can lock down the room with their spells, but its unlikely they will come to your aid against Pakhal.

Isaac senses the power of death, and is already prepared to act as the undead rise!

Alla these guys are vulnerable: holy. Whether Lavi uses holy damage is up to debate though.
The warriors and hound will intercept everyone trying to get past them.
The hound has skilled intercept!
Everyone but Isaac have -5 to disengage from the hound

Isaac is up, escalation die is now at 0

pre:
Urfan Pakhal lv.3  AC19  PD14  MD16  31/31
Skeleton Warrior Red  lv.1  AC15  PD13  MD10  21/21
Skeleton Warrior Blue lv.1  AC15  PD13  MD10  21/21
Skeleton Archer Yellow lv.1  AC16  PD14  MD11  26/26
Skeleton Archer Green lv.1  AC16  PD14  MD11  26/26
Skeletal Hound lv.1  AC15  PD13  MD13  24/24

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Isaac's spell pulls at the magic holding the enemies together, but if Urfan is listening to Isaac's voice, he doesn't show any recognition. The skeletons, though, seem to take offense at their counterparts. Isaac's minions crumble under their enemies swords, and the skeleton warriors take up stances to take on the next enemies. Phyrrus's counterpart manages a bite on him before hopping away, ready to defend its master.

The archers take aim as well, and one of them strikes with terrible accuracy! A single arrow severs Phyrrus's head from his body, and the risen beast falls to the ground, quite still, save its worthless snapping head.

Isaac can't help but feel Urfan's toothy grin looks a bit smugger than usual.

Warriors attack friendly skeletons! 25 vs AC, hit, 6 damage, one dead! 24 vs AC, hit, 6 damage, other is dead!
Hound attacks Phyrrus, 25 vs AC! 5 damage
Hound tries to disengage, succeeds!
Hound fails skilled intercept save.
Archer attacks Phyrrus, Crit, 12 damage, Phyrrus is down! Other one attacks Moju, miss.

The hound has skilled intercept!

Twelve is up! Escalation die is at 0!

pre:
Skeleton Warrior Red  lv.1  AC14  PD12  MD9  15/21
Skeleton Warrior Blue lv.1  AC14  PD12  MD9  18/21
Skeleton Archer Yellow lv.1  AC15  PD13  MD10  26/26
Skeleton Archer Green lv.1  AC15  PD13  MD10  26/26
Skeletal Hound lv.1  AC14  PD12  MD12  21/24

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
The skeletal mage gestures towards the Orc Lord.

"Your life is mine, creature."
Twelves feels his life draining, though its hard to tell who's life it is. You can see the twisted energy fly from the Orc towards a skeletal archer, surrounding it with the black energy.

Urfan drain's life from Twelve. 13 vs MD, 10 necrotic damage!
Even hit, Skeleton archer Yellow becomes empowered!

Ryu, Lavi, Moju, and Isaac are up! Isaac gets Escalation die 1

pre:
Skeleton Warrior Red  lv.1  AC14  PD12  MD9  15/21
Skeleton Warrior Blue lv.1  AC14  PD12  MD9  8/21
Skeleton Archer Yellow lv.1  AC15  PD13  MD10  26/26
Skeleton Archer Green lv.1  AC15  PD13  MD10  26/26
Skeletal Hound lv.1  AC14  PD12  MD12  21/24

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
As you tear through the ranks of skeletons, they struggle to oppose you, but heir attacks prove futile in the face of the Orc Lord's rage.

Warrior engages with Twelve, misses attack!
Archer attacks Twelve, misses

Twelve is up! Escalation die is now at 2!

pre:
Skeleton Warrior Red  lv.1  AC15  PD13  MD10  15/21
Skeleton Archer Green lv.1  AC16  PD14  MD11  26/26