Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju was pleased to find that he still had enough influence to call in such a favour. It placed its hands on its hips and looked up at the sign with satisfaction while Ryu, Twelve and Lavi mounted it, and made noises of satisfaction. "Yes, a sign is good. Now the people will know to whom they owe their safety." It nods and heads back in, moving deliberately as Lavi scampers about the forge. "Excellent, Lavi. A well equipped force is a well prepared force. Next we will have to secure some mode of transportation, I think."

Moju seems content to allow the girl to serve them, and gives little more than a nod to acknowledge her application and, apparently, acceptance as an employee. All the talk of food is about as interesting to it as the work of cleaning, but at least the cleaning has a point. It resumes this work, wielding a broom with a faint sense of nostalgia.

"I don't know where Isaac went," Moju replies. "He walked off with some human in a ridiculous hat. Now, I believe we should consider securing needed supplies. Perhaps the..." Moju turns, squinting at Sellie. Nearly 30 full seconds pass. "... Child? Can be of help there."

Moju is perhaps a bit cranky due to its turbulent dreams the night before.
Oracle of Hypnos: 1d6 1

Whycalibur fucked around with this message at Jan 30, 2015 around 19:17

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

"Ah, a white dragon," Moju says, not bothering to disguise the avarice in its voice. "Its freezing blasts will be an adequate warmup for us." The construct rubs its hands together, eyes gleaming. "Yes, yes, we must hurry." It pauses, remembering that it is supposed to be a hero or something. "For the good of those poor wicker people, of course. I hear wood can become quite brittle in cold temperatures."

It looks around again, surprised to see that the halfling has rushed off again. "We should see if these Darveys have need of caravan guards. Perhaps we can secure passage free of charge with the promise of such work." Moju considers this a moment. "We could even negotiate a fee for our services..."

Whycalibur fucked around with this message at Jan 30, 2015 around 20:56

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

"Let her consider it an apprenticeship, then," Moju suggests. "If we must, we can pay her once we have slain this paltry dragonling and reaped the rewards."

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Along the road, Moju takes the book on dragons and discreetly puts it inside its barrel. A few minutes later, it extracts the book (also discreetly) and returns it to the party's baggage. "Most interesting," Moju says, trying to focus on anything other than the horrid thumping song still running through its head. A distraction would be welcome. Nearly any distraction.

The kobolds and their ambush are not quite what Moju had in mind, but it is not exactly in a position to bargain. "We shall have to earn our passage after all," it says, shoulders slumping. "I had hoped our journey would be uneventful." Grabbing its hatchet from the seat, Moju clambers down from the wagon and shakes the weapon up at the treed creatures. "Come down from there before turn you all into icicles. Give up now and I may be mercif--"

Moju is cut off by Phyrrus' attack, and shrugs. "So be it, then."

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				
HP	30/30	[ ][ ] Protective Casting	
AC	15	[ ][ ] Touch of Life
PD	14		
MD	14

MAGIC		1d20+5 / 1d8+4 (Lightning, Cold, Untyped)
Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+4)
Initiative: 1d20+3 12

Whycalibur fucked around with this message at Jan 30, 2015 around 23:33

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju
pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				
HP	30/30	[ ][ ] Protective Casting	
AC	15	[ ][ ] Touch of Life
PD	14		
MD	14

MAGIC		1d20+5 / 1d8+4 (Lightning, Cold, Untyped)
Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+4)
"Hh. They are not coming down. Perhaps I should help them," Moju muses, reaching out to touch the nearest tree. "Trees do not like lightning."

Little does Moju know how true this is. It speaks the name of lightning, and the lightning comes... but is swiftly grounded through the roots of the trees. The kobolds are safe... for now.

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

"Ah, allow me," Moju says, literally grabbing Isaac's necromantic energies as they fail to latch on to the construct's hide. It hustles forwards and slaps the ethereal tether to Ryu's back, pulsing some of its own life force into the struggling Stalwart at the same time. Sawdust trickles from Moju's sleeves, but it doesn't seem to notice.

Touch of Life: Ryu may immediately spend a recovery.

"Now then, perhaps I will have more luck with a different approach." Moju turns, making a sweeping gesture towards the archers in the trees. This time, crystals of ice dance in the air between its outspread hand and the killer creatures.

MAGIC attack roll (Ice): 1d20+6 20
MAGIC ice damage roll: 1d8+4 6

One of the kobold archers is suddenly encased in a thick layer of ice. It tumbles from its branch, flips end over end before hitting the ground, and shatters. Moju chuckles in satisfaction.

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				
HP	30/30	[ ][ ] Protective Casting	
AC	15	[x][ ] Touch of Life
PD	14		
MD	14

MAGIC		1d20+5 / 1d8+4 (Lightning, Cold, Untyped)
Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+4)

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

"Try dodging," Moju suggests, moving up and continuing to fling magic towards the Kobolds. As Isaac and Lavi finish off the archers, Moju switches its focus to the warrior standing between the front-line fighters and the leader of the beasts. An invisible jackhammer punch comes out of nowhere to take the Kobold Warrior in the gut. "Let us finish this swiftly. I tire of this distraction."

MAGIC attack (Untyped): 1d20+7 22
MAGIC damage roll (Untyped): 1d8+4 9

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				
HP	30/30	[ ]    Protective Casting	
AC	15	[x][ ] Touch of Life
PD	14		
MD	14

MAGIC		1d20+5 / 1d8+4 (Lightning, Cold, Untyped)
Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+4)

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju ensures that the brim of its hat is pulled down, its scarf is pulled up, and its coat is firmly shut. So attired, it could pass for a malformed dwarf. There is real work to be done here. "Do not worry. Enjoy pouring your fermented grains into your various orifices. I will research the dragon's lair."

So saying, Moju wanders off for the seedier parts of the village to listen in and see what he can hear. No doubt the local thieves are salivating at the prospects of the dragon's hoard; perhaps one of them has already located the lair, or even done some preliminary scouting. If Moju can figure out where exactly the dragon roosts, it can begin to plan a way to trap the beast and take it by surprise.

Eavesdropping on society's underbelly (Wis + High End Burglar): 1d20+3+4 8

Unfortunately, things don't go quite as planned for the diminutive burglar.

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				
HP	30/30	[ ]    Protective Casting	
AC	15	[ ][ ] Touch of Life
PD	14		
MD	14

MAGIC		1d20+5 / 1d8+4 (Lightning, Cold, Untyped)
Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+4)

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

There's that name "Terrence" again. Moju begins to grow suspicious about this whole affair, but the arrival of the mysterious man piques its interest. It leans in, attempting to hear the quieter whispers, but alas, is overbalanced.

"Whuff," Moju grunts, slowly pushing itself to its feet beneath the eyes of the gathered ruffians. The large man asks his question, and Moju takes a moment to ponder its response. "No, not at all," it replies. "Hope is for fools and layabouts. I plan to face the dragon." Moju puts its bandaged hands on its hips, affecting what it thinks of as a dangerous, confident pose. "What's this nonsense about a special something, then?"

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				
HP	30/30	[ ]    Protective Casting	
AC	15	[ ][ ] Touch of Life
PD	14		
MD	14

MAGIC		1d20+5 / 1d8+4 (Lightning, Cold, Untyped)
Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+4)

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

"Hh. Interesting," Moju replies, letting the laughter roll off him. It made note of the men's faces, of course. "My compatriots may be interested in your wares. Where could they meet you if they wished to engage in this transaction?"

Once a location is secured, Moju heads back to meet the rest of the Dragon Slayers to tell them of its discovery.

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				
HP	30/30	[ ]    Protective Casting	
AC	15	[ ][ ] Touch of Life
PD	14		
MD	14

MAGIC		1d20+5 / 1d8+4 (Lightning, Cold, Untyped)
Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+4)

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju's glowing eyes glow a bit brighter as it peers into the cave, looking past the kobold guards and searching for any hidden exits, trap doors, or other conveyances the dragon might use to escape. "I certainly hope we can keep the beast contained..." it mutters. "Otherwise this will have been for naught." The construct clenches its hands, preparing for a deadly battle.

Casing the joint (Burglar + Wis): 1d20+7 18
Initiative!: 1d20+3 22

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				
HP	30/30	[ ]    Protective Casting	
AC	15	[ ][ ] Touch of Life
PD	14		
MD	14

MAGIC		1d20+5 / 1d8+4 (Lightning, Cold, Untyped)
Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+4)

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju manages to squeeze through the door just as Lavi cracks it open, scanning the room and swiftly taking in the situation. The cage catches its eyes, but as it's on the far side of a dragon it will have to wait. It seems Lavi was right about the Oracle: if it hasn't already seen them, it must be relying on... that kobold.

Moju's eyes curve up in a smile. The time of preparation is complete: now is the time of battle. And then victory. And then feast.

It waves a hand dismissively at the kobold, and lightning races up from the floor of the cave to the ceiling-- right through a hapless living lightning rod. At the least the shock will catch the kobold off-guard and let the heavy hitters get into position.

MAGIC attack (Lightning): 1d20+5 23
MAGIC damage (lightning): 1d8+4 6

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				
HP	30/30	[ ]    Protective Casting	
AC	15	[ ][ ] Touch of Life
PD	14		
MD	14

MAGIC		1d20+5 / 1d8+4 (Lightning, Cold, Untyped)
Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+4)

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

"Be quiet. I hunger." Moju's emerald eyes flash and it raises its bandaged hands once more, swiping at the air in front of its body. Lightning continues to surge up from the stone beneath Krizzek, but as they say lightning never strikes the same place twice. At least the show is impressive.

More MAGIC lightning!: 1d20+5 10

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				
HP	30/30	[ ]    Protective Casting	
AC	15	[ ][ ] Touch of Life
PD	14		
MD	14

MAGIC		1d20+5 / 1d8+4 (Lightning, Cold, Untyped)
Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+4)

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

"Egh!" Moju grunts, stumbling back as the dragon's breath freezes its outer layer of clothing. And its forearm. The construct takes a moment to get mobile again, which involves shattering the iced-over trenchcoat and revealing... another long coat underneath. At the same time, Moju's forearm snaps off and falls to the ground, where it breaks into approximately two million pieces. The Theurge looks down, briefly miffed, before grabbing a skeletal arm from the ground and simply affixing it to its elbow.

Touch of Life (Recovery): 1d6+4 9

Immediately, it returns its attention to Krizzek just in time to see the kobold die. Moju grunts again, then reaches out towards the Oracle with its new hand, attempting to crush her heart with unseen force.

MAGIC attack (untyped): 1d20+6 19
MAGIC damage (Untyped): 1d8+4 9


pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				
HP	29/30	[ ]    Protective Casting	
AC	15	[x][ ] Touch of Life
PD	14		
MD	14

MAGIC		1d20+5 / 1d8+4 (Lightning, Cold, Untyped)
Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+4)

Whycalibur fucked around with this message at Feb 6, 2015 around 17:26

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

The arrival of the kobolds is quite the annoyance, but Isaac's swift response earns him a nod of appreciation from Moju. The construct staggers back from the first kobold's blow, knife jabbing through its protective layers and into Moju's barrel. It doesn't appear to be in pain, but the blow slows Moju down.

"Hh. Out of my way, you gnats," Moju commands, waving its bandaged hand at the creatures to buffet them back.

MAGIC attack (Untyped): 1d20+7 8

Unfortunately, they prove nimbler than the wounded Moju can handle at the moment.

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				
HP	25/30	[ ]    Protective Casting	
AC	15	[x][ ] Touch of Life
PD	14		
MD	14

MAGIC		1d20+5 / 1d8+4 (Lightning, Cold, Untyped)
Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+4)

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju walks up to the dead dragon and runs its bandaged hand through the beast's pooling blood. It raises that hand to where a mouth might be, and a faint gurgling noise precedes the disappearance of that blood. "Ahhh... yes. It is much more potent fresh."

Recovery: 1d6+4 7

The construct turns to regard Twelve. "Indeed, I heard the prophecy... Orc Lord." Emerald eyes narrow. "I do hope this won't be a problem. It sounds like things will be quite interesting enough without you losing control of... that."

It sighs, looking back to the dragon's corpse. "There had better be some organs left over when your friend is done, Isaac, or I may have to kill him." Without missing a beat, it continues. "Do you suppose the... usurper of which she spoke is the Dwarf King?"


pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				
HP	30/30	[ ]    Protective Casting	
AC	15	[ ][ ] Touch of Life
PD	14		
MD	14

MAGIC		1d20+5 / 1d8+4 (Lightning, Cold, Untyped)
Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	4/8 (1d6+4)

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju rolls its emerald eyes (they actually rotate all the way around in the darkness between its hat and scarf) at the arrival of the Archmage's agents. Hopefully they do not recognise the construct's power, but just in case it would be best to keep them distracted.

"We heard her final vision," Moju says after a pause. "You want it? Pay up. As far as I'm concerned, this man--" it gestures at Urfan-- "is a payday, and nothing more. We have fulfilled the duties of the Dragon Slayers and now require compensation. I don't care from whom."

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				
HP	30/30	[ ]    Protective Casting	
AC	15	[ ][ ] Touch of Life
PD	14		
MD	14

MAGIC		1d20+5 / 1d8+4 (Lightning, Cold, Untyped)
Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	4/8 (1d6+4)

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju glances up at the roof of the cavern, then looks over at Twelve. The two seem to share a moment of silent communication before Moju makes a gesture with its hand. A stalactite just above the Oracle's skull shakes and creaks.

Rocks fall (int + jury rig): 1d20+7 22

Moju does its best to disguise this movement and cover the rumbling of the stalactite with a loud cough.

Nobody notices (dex + high end burglar): 1d20+7 18

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				
HP	30/30	[ ]    Protective Casting	
AC	15	[ ][ ] Touch of Life
PD	14		
MD	14

MAGIC		1d20+5 / 1d8+4 (Lightning, Cold, Untyped)
Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	4/8 (1d6+4)

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

"Well, I'm honestly not sure what you've done for me," Moju replies, "but I'm certain that rock fell as a result of all the ruckus. And I'm going to eat this dragon, by all that is sacred."

As Urfan transforms into a hideous undead monster, Moju struggles for a moment to figure out the reactions of horror and disgust. Don't all these fleshy people take their skins off? This though slows down his reactions for a time.

Initiative!: 1d20+3 5

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				
HP	30/30	[ ]    Protective Casting	
AC	15	[ ][ ] Touch of Life
PD	14		
MD	14

MAGIC		1d20+5 / 1d8+4 (Lightning, Cold, Untyped)
Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	4/8 (1d6+4)

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju grumbles in displeasure as more of the dead begin to rise. They are impinging on its soullessness monopoly. As the others heroically lunge into battle and Isaac raises his own skeletons, Moju slashes a skeletal hand in the direction of the blue Skeletal Warrior, already weakened by the attentions of its compatriots. "May as well thin the herd," it says, sending unseen force through the air.

MAGIC attack (Untyped): 1d20+5 14
MAGIC damage roll (Untyped): 1d8+4 9

The invisible force buffets the skeletal warrior, shaking it into dust. Moju's eyes grin with feral delight.

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				
HP	30/30	[ ]    Protective Casting	
AC	15	[ ][ ] Touch of Life
PD	14		
MD	14

MAGIC		1d20+5 / 1d8+4 (Lightning, Cold, Untyped)
Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	4/8 (1d6+4)

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju sighs and shuffles all the way up to Twelve, shoving his own skeletal hand into the Orc Lord's back in an attempt to counteract Urfan's negative energy with some of his own. This doesn't heal the creature-- Isaac seems to have that handled-- but it does give Moju a handle on the enemy necromancer's empowering tether. "You'd better not die after this," Moju says, leaking sawdust.

The construct rips its skeletal hand out of the Orc Lord, gripping a slimy tendril of darkness, then pulses several volts of electricity through it and into the empowered skeleton on the other end.

MAGIC attack roll (Lightning): 1d20+7 16
MAGIC damage roll (Lightning): 1d8+4 10

The lightning explodes the decrepit skeleton which was leeching power from Twelve, and that explosion pelts another nearby decrepit skeleton with its allies debris.

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				
HP	30/30	[ ]    Protective Casting	
AC	15	[ ][ ] Touch of Life
PD	14		
MD	14

MAGIC		1d20+5 / 1d8+4 (Lightning, Cold, Untyped)
Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	4/8 (1d6+4)

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju shuffles back a step and takes in the battlefield. It isn't going as well as it had hoped, but perhaps Moju could at least attract some of the necromancer's attention to itself. That way its fellow Dragon Slayers would get a brief respite. Before that can happen, though, Moju needs to prevent Isaac from joining the enemy's ranks. It hustles back to the friendlier necromancer and lays on a hand, channelling power into Isaac.

Isaac can use a recovery.

"You there!" Moju calls. "It would appear that your epidermis was the smartest part of your body. It had the sense to run!"

And with that, Moju flings a bolt of lightning directly from its bandaged hand into Urfan's torso, attempting to fry up some necromeat.

MAGIC attack (Lightning): 1d20+8 26 Also +1 from Lavi, but it was fortunately unnecessary.
MAGIC damage (lightning): 1d8+4 7

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				
HP	30/30	[ ]    Protective Casting	
AC	15	[ ][ ] Touch of Life
PD	14		
MD	14

MAGIC		1d20+5 / 1d8+4 (Lightning, Cold, Untyped)
Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	4/8 (1d6+4)

Whycalibur fucked around with this message at Feb 11, 2015 around 20:49

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju takes out its hatchet and advances on the Oracle's corpse. Its usually emerald eyes have turned an unsettling black, seeming to suck in the light around the construct. It raises the hatchet and brings it down on the Oracle's side, beginning to hack its way in towards the dragon's heart.

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				
HP	30/30	[ ]    Protective Casting	
AC	15	[ ][ ] Touch of Life
PD	14		
MD	14

MAGIC		1d20+5 / 1d8+4 (Lightning, Cold, Untyped)
Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	4/8 (1d6+4)

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

On returning to the town, Moju waves magnanimously at the crowd with its bandaged hands-- it wrapped up the skeletal arm on the way home, not being a complete fool. At the feast, Moju surreptitiously vanishes food and drink into its barrel, making a good show of eating and drinking like a flesh creature.

On spotting the wanted sign, Moju resolves to track down the dark-coated man; perhaps the Wyrm's agents will pay for such information.

Back at HQ, Moju smiles with its emerald eyes and claps Sellie on the shoulder. "You've done well," it praises. "I made an excellent choice in hiring you on."

Moju begins to unload dragon parts from its barrel near the workshop, and sets up a simple divider in a corner. This places him out of general view, but near the forge and other smithing tools. Moju sets to work, using newly unlocked memories inside its mind. Some time later, it emerges looking slightly more bulky and misshapen than before-- a careful observer might notice that dragon bones now make up parts of its body. It seems to positively sizzle with latent magical energies.

"Yes... yes... I understand so much more about these powers now," it muses. "We must find another dragon, and soon."

Icon Rolls: 3#1d6 3 5 2 5 with the -Archmage
Oracle of Hypnos: 1d6 1 At least I'm consistent?

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				Daily				
HP	36/36	[ ]    Color Spray (Cyclic)		[ ] Acid Arrow
AC	17	[ ] Barrier (Recharge 11+)
PD	14		
MD	14

Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	8/8 (1d6+3)

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju rubs at its belly as it approaches the conference, and glances at the map. "Hh. Is that dragon to scale?" it asks, squinting slightly at the crude drawing. It appears to be as big as the Citadel itself. "Well, no difference. We will need the most complete plans of the citadel you have. Including secured and secret entrances, of course."

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				Daily				
HP	36/36	[ ] Color Spray (Cyclic)		[ ] Acid Arrow
AC	17	[ ] Barrier (Recharge 11+)
PD	14		
MD	14

Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+3)

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju has always enjoyed boats, and is sad to disembark from the vessel when the party arrives at Camp Scalehold. As it clomps to the first conference with Aurelion, sharp-eyed observers might notice that Moju appears to be a full six inches taller than it was some weeks ago. Or perhaps that's just a trick of the light out here.

"Well, I can think of fewer options less intelligent than the front door," Moju allows, turning its attention to Twelve. "We should mount an expedition into these catacombs to find the remains of the Spelunkers as soon as possible. The tight quarters may well trap the dragon, but they can as easily become our tomb if we are not smart about our approach."

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				Daily				
HP	36/36	[ ] Color Spray (Cyclic)		[ ] Acid Arrow
AC	17	[ ] Barrier (Recharge 11+)
PD	14		
MD	14

Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+3)

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Still grumpy from yet more troubled dreams, Moju stumps off to find someone who can direct him to the catacombs. Perhaps it can pick up the trail of these Spelunkers.

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				Daily				
HP	36/36	[ ] Color Spray (Cyclic)		[ ] Acid Arrow
AC	17	[ ] Barrier (Recharge 11+)
PD	14		
MD	14

Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+3)

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Given his druthers, Moju would carry out this scouting mission alone. However, the reset of the Dragon Slayers seem eager to come along. It sighs and attempts to keep them from tripping over every fork in the path.

"Perhaps," Moju replies. "But most likely not. I have a hunch, though, that we may find something interesting in..." it mentally reviews the map marked by the Prince of Shadows, then attempts to match the twists and turns of the tunnels to the crude drawings, "this direction."

Follow the map (Burglar + Int): 1d20+4+6 29

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				Daily				
HP	36/36	[ ] Color Spray (Cyclic)		[ ] Acid Arrow
AC	17	[ ] Barrier (Recharge 11+)
PD	14		
MD	14

Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+3)

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju is content to let the more socially-minded party members attempt to negotiate. For now.

"Has the dragon been eating your crops?" it asks, playing a hunch. It squints at the dwarves, trying to see if they're sparkling.

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				Daily				
HP	36/36	[ ] Color Spray (Cyclic)		[ ] Acid Arrow
AC	17	[ ] Barrier (Recharge 11+)
PD	14		
MD	14

Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+3)

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju grunts at the failure of diplomacy, and steps forward into the battle. "Very well," it grumbles, scanning the ranks of enemies. A bandaged hand begins to glow, and the construct has to remind himself not to attack the dwarves as it picks its targets.

The braincap appears to be the greatest danger, and Moju's new-found abilities furnish it with an array of solutions to this problem. The first solution comes from its glowing hand, which swipes at the air in the braincap's direction. A barrage of tiny green sparks leaps from its hand, arcing through the air to pepper the fungaloid with annoying energy.

Magic Missile: 2d4 5

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				Daily				
HP	36/36	[ ] Color Spray (Cyclic)		[ ] Acid Arrow
AC	17	[ ] Barrier (Recharge 11+)
PD	14		
MD	14

Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+3)

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju makes a noise of distaste as the dwarf begins flailing at him, and attempts to push the drugged man away. Unfortunately, it does not have much luck getting free from the flailing limbs of the dwarf and simply stumbles inelegantly instead.

Disengage: 1d20 10 Taking an opportunity attack to cast a spell.

Unable to free himself of the dwarves, Moju begins to emit a low hum-- similar to the buzzing of bees, but more mechanical. It raises a hand, and a snarling, snapping, twisting bolt of electricity gathers in its palm. Without a word, Moju flings this bolt towards the Braincap in an attempt to overload whatever passes for a brain in a fungaloid. Still new to these powers, Moju only barely tags the Braincap with its electric lash-- but tag the creature it does.

Lightning Scourge attack (vs. PD): 1d20+7 13
Lightning Scourge damage: 3d6 9

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				Daily				
HP	36/36	[ ] Color Spray (Cyclic)		[ ] Acid Arrow
AC	17	[ ] Barrier (Recharge 11+)
PD	14		
MD	14

Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+3)

Whycalibur fucked around with this message at Feb 23, 2015 around 23:04

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

After Moju fends off the raging dwarf with a dazzling concave lens of energy, it shoulders its way past the man and finally stumps his way towards the Braincap.

Disengage: 1d20 20

"You think you can enter my mind?" Moju growls, reaching up towards its dark glasses. It pulls them away, and its emerald eyes fall back and inwards, leaving only a gaping, swirling void where a normal creature's face would be. "TAKE A STEP INSIDE."

Color Spray targets: 1d4 1
Color Spray Attack: 1d20+8 17
Color Spray Damage: 2d8 12 psychic damage.

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				Daily				
HP	30/36	[ ] Color Spray (Cyclic)		[ ] Acid Arrow
AC	17	[x] Barrier (Recharge 11+)
PD	14		
MD	14

Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+3)

Whycalibur fucked around with this message at Feb 24, 2015 around 03:56

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju continues to advance on the Braincap with its void deployed. A bone-deep thrumming fills the air. As it approaches the Braincap, Lavi's expert attacks maneuver the remaining Fungaloid into range of Moju's disorienting-- and unsettling-- psychic assault.

Color Spray targets: 1d4 4
Color Spray Attack: 1d20+10 19
Color Spray Damage: 2d8 8 psychic damage.
The Braincap is below 10 HP after the attack; the Braincap is Weakened until the end of my next turn.

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				Daily				
HP	30/36	[x] Color Spray (Cyclic)		[ ] Acid Arrow
AC	17	[x] Barrier (Recharge 11+)
PD	14		
MD	14

Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+3)

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju carefully wraps the glove up with more bandages, concealing the magical artifact on its skeletal hand. The oils it secretes away in its barrel, to be dealt with or shared out later, as needed. The construct concentrates for a moment, reaching into itself in an attempt to replenish some of its spent magical energies.

Barrier recharge roll (11+): 1d20 14

Returning to the group, Moju unfurls the map and shows it to the Spelunkers. "Would you be so kind as to mark the locations of any such traps and wards you can remember?"

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				Daily				
HP	36/36	[ ] Color Spray (Cyclic)		[ ] Acid Arrow
AC	17	[ ] Barrier (Recharge 11+)
PD	14		
MD	14

Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	6/8 (1d6+3)

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju turns from where it was hacking apart some support beams with its hatchet, replacing some of the parts lost during the battle.

"If there is something of use to us in the catacombs, perhaps we can use it to slay this dragon. I agree that it would be prudent to explore."

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				Daily				
HP	36/36	[ ] Color Spray (Cyclic)		[ ] Acid Arrow
AC	17	[ ] Barrier (Recharge 11+)
PD	14		
MD	14

Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	5/8 (1d6+3)

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju attempts to read the patters on the walls and thus find an alternate route-- perhaps the group can outmaneuver the dragon with their wits. It attempts to communicate this plan silently to the others.

Paths unseen (Burglar + Int): 1d20+6 19

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				Daily				
HP	36/36	[ ] Color Spray (Cyclic)		[ ] Acid Arrow
AC	17	[ ] Barrier (Recharge 11+)
PD	14	[ ] Mind Rot (Recharge 6+)	
MD	14

Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	5/8 (1d6+3)

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013


My last roll should have been a 23-- forgot to add my background. Crazy week at work.

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju pats dust and debris from its layers of greatcoats, then looks up in surprise as a legion of ghosts swarms through its body. "Wh--" it gasps, reeling back against the iron doors. "By the shadows!"

After a few moments, it recovers. Just in time for that same legion to start saluting and praising Lavi. Moju groans softly. "Oh, as if he weren't difficult enough to live with already..."

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				Daily				
HP	36/36	[ ] Color Spray (Cyclic)		[ ] Acid Arrow
AC	17	[ ] Barrier (Recharge 11+)
PD	14	[ ] Mind Rot (Recharge 6+)	
MD	14

Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	5/8 (1d6+3)

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju, still trying to get all the dust and cobwebs off, is caught somewhat by surprise at this turn of events.

Initiative: 1d20+4 9

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				Daily				
HP	36/36	[ ] Color Spray (Cyclic)		[ ] Acid Arrow
AC	17	[ ] Barrier (Recharge 11+)
PD	14	[ ] Mind Rot (Recharge 6+)	
MD	14

Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	5/8 (1d6+3)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whycalibur
Oct 16, 2013



Moju

Moju grunts, looking down to see magic arrows piercing its boots. It narrows its emerald eyes in frustration, then looks back up at the enemy mages. They are pretty far away, leaving Moju with two options: attempt to plink away at them, or assist its allies on the front lines.

Grudgingly, the construct decides to aid its allies. Summoning electrical currents from its core, Moju flings a bolt of lightning at the (blue) Legionnaires.

Lightning Scourge attack (vs. PD): 1d20+6 21
Lightning Scourge damage: 3d6 11

pre:
Stats		Per Encounter				Daily				
HP	30/36	[ ] Color Spray (Cyclic)		[ ] Acid Arrow
AC	17	[ ] Barrier (Recharge 11+)
PD	14	[ ] Mind Rot (Recharge 6+)	
MD	14

Hatchet		1d20+0 / 1d6+0

Recoveries 	5/8 (1d6+3)

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«2 »