Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zorak of Michigan
Jun 10, 2006

Waiting for his chance

Dick Burglar posted:

I don't think they're really worth using in anything that isn't relatively long and thin.

...oh man somebody make a P90 in .357 Magnum or some poo poo. It would be huge and idiotic, but it would be hilarious. Edit: gently caress, forgot about the rim. Pick some other suitably wacky caliber, then.

Isn't this what 357 SIG is for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Check out my hot takes because I'm a straight white male

No, that's just an extra-gimmicky .40 S&W.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Dick Burglar posted:

No, that's just an extra-gimmicky .40 S&W.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

.40 S&W is gimmicky 10mm auto

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

One day I will be happy
every day

Platystemon posted:

.40 S&W is gimmicky 10mm auto

10mm auto is just a gimmicky .45acp

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Certified Centrist Trash

.45 is gimmicky .38 ACP

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

.38 ACP is gimmicky 9mm

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Certified Centrist Trash

Cyrano4747 posted:

.38 ACP is gimmicky 9mm

.38 ACP came first. Learn something about history, nerd.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Cartridges are just powder and shot for lazy hipsters.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

Powder and shot are just crossbows for low-skill dominions.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Everything since the atlatl has lacked soul. I keep it old school.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Certified Centrist Trash

Ug! Ug! Uggugug! *waves rock*

poeticoddity
Jan 14, 2007
"How nice - to feel nothing and still get full credit for being alive." - Kurt Vonnegut Jr. - Slaughterhouse Five

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Ug! Ug! Uggugug! *waves rock*

*lazily drifts about waiting for nematocysts to be triggered*

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

*is an algal mat that processes oxygen ever so slightly more efficiently than the surrounding algal mats*

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

*evolved mitochondria*

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

While you argued about which bullet gimmicked which, I studied the blade...

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Gray Stormy posted:

The blade is a gimmicky flint scraper.

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Cartridges are just powder and shot for lazy hipsters.

Muskets are just naval cannons for babies.

Sy Borg
Sep 20, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Thermos posted:

Muskets are just naval cannons for babies.

Who needs cannons when the parapets are stocked with boiling oil?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

So, I'm rewatching Skyfall last night, and I get to.the part where it's revealed that Bond was shot with depleted uranium pistol rounds.

Anything interesting ever happen with those Seismic Ammo guys, the ones that were loading 9mm with like, 185gr projectiles?

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Gray Stormy posted:

While you were busy fornicating and studying the blade, I learned the Harmonized Tariff Schedule...

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Stumbled onto this on youtube, another "I'm not touching you full auto like characteristics" interesting take on a fully semi-automatic firearm, seriously. A forced reset trigger.

https://rarebreedtriggers.com/

https://vimeo.com/486478480

• Pull the trigger *bang*
  • BCG goes back cocking hammer
  • When the hammer is cocked it forces the trigger to go forward (making it 1 trigger pull 1 bullet)
  • The locking bar prevents you from pulling the trigger until the bolt is locked
  • and then you pull the trigger again to get another bullet *bang* per trigger pull

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

If bump-fire stocks are machineguns, that thing is absolutely, no doubt in my mind, going to be declared a machinegun.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

Chillyrabbit posted:

Stumbled onto this on youtube, another "I'm not touching you full auto like characteristics" interesting take on a fully semi-automatic firearm, seriously. A forced reset trigger.

• When the hammer is cocked it forces the trigger to go forward (making it 1 trigger pull 1 bullet)
  • The locking bar prevents you from pulling the trigger until the bolt is locked
  • and then you pull the trigger again to get another bullet *bang* per trigger pull

So that inside shoulder of the bolt carrier is what keeps it locked/timed. I wonder how tightly this feature is controlled on various bolt carriers.

Not my cup of tea but neat idea.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

One day I will be happy
every day

Not useful, gonna get banned, stupid Crusader helmet lower; I'm gonna pass on all this poo poo.

Just pull the trigger a little faster my dudes.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

Chillyrabbit posted:

So basically its exploiting trigger slap to make things full auto.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/foxtosser/status/1321078738130509824

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

That's my kinda prayer book.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Dick Burglar posted:

That's my kinda prayer book.

Better open to something like Deuteronomy 3:27  “The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and He shall thrust out the enemy from before you; and shall say, “Destroy them.”

Sunday service used to be hard-loving-core compared to today.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

Video on the KelTec P50:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAzg09vpT0g

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Hinges from the front. Keltec you absolute madman.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Is it just me or does the "proprietary design straight from George's head" when they did the quick field strip look a lot like he just flipped a P90 upside down moved the charging handle and called it good. Which is probably a good thing.

$995 is a bit steep but man I want one even more now

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Tyro posted:

$995 is a bit steep but man I want one even more now

Still cheaper than a PS90.

I like it but I would only get one as a carbine. Pistol is just a little too silly.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Ruger: "Let's have a little fun and make a big, impractical pistol in 5.7mm."

Kel-Tec:

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Action-Bastard posted:

Still cheaper than a PS90.

I like it but I would only get one as a carbine. Pistol is just a little too silly.

True. Should have bought one ages ago when they were cheaper. I still think the full auto P90 is one of the most fun guns I've ever fired.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

I bet is will sell closer to $799.

It might have to go on my Firearms to Buy list. If it isn't a complete clusterfuck. So, like 50/50 chance.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Captain Log posted:

I bet is will sell closer to $799.

It might have to go on my Firearms to Buy list. If it isn't a complete clusterfuck. So, like 50/50 chance.

They have a skinny one, so they need a fat one.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

If they expect folks will likely throw a brace on them I'm surprised they didn't throw more of a bone in that direction with space for like a SIG MCX-style vertical picatinny rail where the rear QD cup is.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

MRC48B posted:

Hinges from the front. Keltec you absolute madman.
I like how the Kel-Tec guy, when answering question "Why?", was basically saying that George came out with a gun idea and they just ran with it. Confirmed madman just poops out guns and everyone else at the company is just trying to figure out what to do with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

BeAuMaN posted:

I like how the Kel-Tec guy, when answering question "Why?", was basically saying that George came out with a gun idea and they just ran with it. Confirmed madman just poops out guns and everyone else at the company is just trying to figure out what to do with it.

Having most pistol and CCW magazines, I can vouch that 99% of new stuff is basically, "Hey, we made a Glock that...has different stippling!"

Kel Tec seems to be the only company that constantly does designed from the ground up interesting poo poo.

It's a shame they're Kel Tec.