Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

What if Kel-Tec, but good?

Honestly Kel-Tec doesn't even need to be "good", just "fun" imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

I want the kel tec people and the folks doing KFC poo poo like game consoles that warm chicken and col sanders lifetime romance movies to grab some beers together.

I mean assuming at this point itís not just the same people working two jobs.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I'm like 70% certain Kel Tec R&D dept is just coke, shrooms, and bad Sci fi movies.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

bulletsponge13 posted:

I'm like 70% certain Kel Tec R&D dept is just coke, shrooms, and bad Sci fi movies.

Where do I apply?

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

Somebody find the rights to the Medusa revolver and talk Ruger into bringing it back.

Kesper North posted:

What if Kel-Tec, but good?

I guess you get something like Desert Tech that's too expensive and still has issues, or Hudson Manufacturing that becomes forgotten weapons after a year.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

All of that hullabaloo over the .308 MDR for Karl to tell viewers to just get the 5.56 version because it loving works.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I still can't get over that every single kel tec gun is plastic clamshells held together with like 400 hex bolts.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Captain Log posted:

Where do I apply?

If I knew, I'd have a job.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

I wonder if you can strip the P50 with something permanently attached to the muzzle. MD's OAL laws put the hurt on my SBR dreams but pinning a suppressor could make it long enough with a stock attached once they're developed.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

It only took 13 years, but... It's happening!

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Yawn.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Dead Reckoning posted:

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007

Hair Elf

Dead Reckoning posted:

I'm exciting for it. What's the difference between the pistol and carbine version, exactly?

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Check out my hot takes because I'm a straight white male

That's just a folding glock in a stupid case. I want the other Magpul mock-up that never got made, the PDR.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.

gently caress da police 9?

Looks like a fun range toy.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Dead Reckoning posted:

I always wanted to fire lead from an old VHS camcorder.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Maybe if it came out ten years ago. But they missed the window. Now it will be some 2k zev piece of poo poo that still needs a tax stamp.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

bulletsponge13 posted:

Maybe if it came out ten years ago. But they missed the window. Now it will be some 2k zev piece of poo poo that still needs a tax stamp.
I don't think they missed the window but using ZEV is super overpriced and yeah it makes me question how much they're going to charge for this. Watch them MSRP it at $3k.

This is all theoretical for me since I'm in CA.

SpartanIvy posted:

I'm exciting for it. What's the difference between the pistol and carbine version, exactly?
I'm going to take a guess that the pistol one will be like the now-defunct Full Conceal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9824yYfVqo

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

BeAuMaN posted:

I don't think they missed the window but using ZEV is super overpriced and yeah it makes me question how much they're going to charge for this. Watch them MSRP it at $3k.

This is all theoretical for me since I'm in CA.

I'm going to take a guess that the pistol one will be like the now-defunct Full Conceal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9824yYfVqo

I really want to be excited, but at this point, I feel like they missed the boat.
And I want to love it, because it screams action movie to me, thanks to Robocop 3.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

bulletsponge13 posted:

I really want to be excited, but at this point, I feel like they missed the boat.
And I want to love it, because it screams action movie to me, thanks to Robocop 3.

I'm probably gonna buy one anyways.... Even if it is late and overpriced

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

Would that this and/or the PDR came out ten years ago. Heck, even five years ago.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

bulletsponge13 posted:

Robocop 2.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

PhotoKirk posted:

Robocop 2.

I thought 3 was the one with the weird kid crime Lord.

Whatever. Still a decade too late.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

bulletsponge13 posted:

I thought 3 was the one with the weird kid crime Lord.

Whatever. Still a decade too late.

3 was the robot ninja one. It was worse than the TV series. Marinate on that for a minute...

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Just lol at the very concept of a PG-13 Robocop movie.

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

As a kid it was rad but in retrospect it seems kinda weird they made childrens toy lines of so many R rated movies. Robocop, Terminator, Aliens, Rambo, etc

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Thermos posted:

As a kid it was rad but in retrospect it seems kinda weird they made childrens toy lines of so many R rated movies. Robocop, Terminator, Aliens, Rambo, etc

My man, they made a children's saturday cartoon out of Robocop.

People gave no fucks about that poo poo in the 80s.

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

Simpler times.

I had this figure where T-800's face would flip down to reveal a scary robot face and he would fire his..uh..shoulder pads at you.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Cyrano4747 posted:

My man, they made a children's saturday cartoon out of Robocop.

People gave no fucks about that poo poo in the 80s.

I so wish that had carried on into the '90s and 2000s. Kids: The Animated Series. Secretary: The Highschool Years.

gently caress it, go around the other way. Dora the Cav Scout: OIF Edition.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

madeintaipei posted:

I so wish that had carried on into the '90s and 2000s. Kids: The Animated Series. Secretary: The Highschool Years.

gently caress it, go around the other way. Dora the Cav Scout: OIF Edition.

The show premiered in 2000, and I think she was supposed to be like 4 or 5 in it so call it 1995 birth date - no OIF for her

Still good to go on GWOT forever war Dora, though.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Cyrano4747 posted:

The show premiered in 2000, and I think she was supposed to be like 4 or 5 in it so call it 1995 birth date - no OIF for her

Still good to go on GWOT forever war Dora, though.

Look. I've been inside for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeDkGnyDv9o

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Yam Slacker

Thermos posted:

Simpler times.

I had this figure where T-800's face would flip down to reveal a scary robot face and he would fire his..uh..shoulder pads at you.

Oh gently caress I had that exact same action figure. I guess... I'm old.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

SilentW posted:

Oh gently caress I had that exact same action figure. I guess... I'm old.

The skeletal terminator figures were pretty awesome. The Arnold ones were...a thing.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

Just lol at the very concept of a PG-13 Robocop movie.

I guess you could look at it as some kind of meta-satire thing with OCP marketing Robocop as "product".

I've been spending too much time in CD...

movax
Aug 30, 2008

When and where can I get a P50 to complete my cosplay!?!

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWgPV75BLHs

Didn't realize this thing can barrel swap to 10mm/.40 S&W.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Check out my hot takes because I'm a straight white male

Yeah, that owns. If I had money to burn, I'd be tempted by that fact alone. Plus I really like CZ pistols.

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

Shame it doesn't look nearly as cool as the OG Field Pistol. But on the other hand it's something I could actually afford.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001

The four most over-rated things in life are champagne, lobster, anal sex and picnics. Oh, and that stupid children's book 'The Little Prince,' ugh.

Yams Fan

Dang is it really SA or DA/SA? Price is comparable to a tricked-out CZ.

Wonder how much each round of the wonder ammo costs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadgerMan45
Dec 30, 2009

I keep getting really close to buying one of those as my new woods gun. One of my coworkers keeps egging me on and my resolve is weakening.

Ammo starts at $1.20 per round for the hollow points and it's $1.50 for solids.