Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Hmmm Sholler twiited that they will have announcements about Kelvin and Lineker fights

quote:

@Sholler_UFC: We will have an update on the Lineker and Gastelum fights shortly. #UFC183

And few minutes ago

quote:

@Sholler_UFC: Lineker fight will proceed. He's been fined 20 percent of his purse.

Hopefully they wont cancel Kelvins fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
No way Lineker gets a title shot if he wins, and in that case they'll probably be hoping that Cejudo can actually make the weight (he never has) and wins or else they've got, uh, Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Mighty Mouse.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

TheCool69 posted:

Hmmm Sholler twiited that they will have announcements about Kelvin and Lineker fights

And few minutes ago

Hopefully they wont cancel Kelvins fight

they didn't cancel rumble / vitor, just stipulated that rumble had to weigh no more than x on fight day iirc

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Dr. Abysmal posted:

No way Lineker gets a title shot if he wins, and in that case they'll probably be hoping that Cejudo can actually make the weight (he never has) and wins or else they've got, uh, Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Mighty Mouse.

Also quite that we'll see Mighty Mouse back at 135, as they're a bit short on healthy contenders there right now.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

CommonShore posted:

Also quite that we'll see Mighty Mouse back at 135, as they're a bit short on healthy contenders there right now.

that would happen only for a superfight with dillashaw. it wouldn' t look good if mm just went up to face 'some guy' at 135 because his division was abysmal

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Marching Powder posted:

that would happen only for a superfight with dillashaw. it wouldn' t look good if mm just went up to face 'some guy' at 135 because his division was abysmal

That's exactly what I meant. They need a contender for the belt, no matter who wins in Montreal.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
How do you gently caress up that badly

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

quote:

Dave Sholler ‏@Sholler_UFC 3m3 minutes ago

Woodley-Gastelum fight is on. 30 percent fine. Money goes to Twood.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Sholler tweeted an update

quote:

@Sholler_UFC: Update: Lineker fine is 30 percent. Goes to McCall. Fight proceeds.

And also Thompson is injured and out of his fight with Thatch.

Apparently Dc said on FS show that Woodley should take his show money and go fight Thatch

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

didn't it used to be 20%?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
This will be John Lineker's fourth catchweight bout.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Marching Powder posted:

didn't it used to be 20%?

Linker got fined 20%, so maybe NSAC has leeway to increase the fine if guys are egregiously over?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Wise Learned Man posted:

Linker got fined 20%, so maybe NSAC has leeway to increase the fine if guys are egregiously over?

I think it's a case of the opponents saying "I'm not fighting a guy that much bigger than me unless some more money comes my way"

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

Wise Learned Man posted:

Lineker got fined 30% also

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

henkman posted:

How do you gently caress up that badly

I know, what an absolute zero

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Scapegoat posted:

Wonder what costs more paying for Dolce or losing a big chunk of the fight purse. Uncle Dana isn't going to be happy with him.

He actually said straight up coming off the TUF contract that it was way cheaper to eat the 15% or whatever for missing weight by a few pounds or whatever.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Fartbong Bonersatan posted:

Lineker got fined 30% also

Now I've seen 20% and 30% for Lineker, and that Gastelum/Woodley is on with a 30% fine and that it's off with Woodley stepping in to replace Wonderboy vs. Thatch. No idea what is actually correct.

E: okay it looks like 30% for both Linker and Gastelum, with both fights happening.

Wise Learned Man fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 31, 2015

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Wise Learned Man posted:

Now I've seen 20% and 30% for Lineker, and that Gastelum/Woodley is on with a 30% fine and that it's off with Woodley stepping in to replace Wonderboy vs. Thatch. No idea what is actually correct.

I think it's 30% fines for both guys, both fights are on for tomorrow, UFC is currently looking for a replacement for Thatch. Yeh.

Thompson vs Thatch was already a weak main event but you could sell it to hardcore fans cause both guys are unique and Thatch has a lot of hype. But Thatch has no business headlining a card against the nobody they will get on 2 weeks notice.

I'm gonna watch it but that's gonna be a poor card

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

RIP that undefeated record. :(

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Bubba Smith posted:

Pull him from the loving fight god damnit

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
That is not someone who should be cleared

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

david carmichael posted:

i don't know why but in my heart i believe that anderson silva is james toney type fat

Early James Toney fat, or UFC James Toney fat?

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Bubba Smith posted:

hopefully not just "RIP"

this poo poo is going to kill somebody high enough profile that the news picks it up one of these days

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Lid posted:

It should be off if Ariel is correct and the reason he was 10lbs over was that he was sick all week, 175 last night but started vomiting at 5 am so he had to be hydrated in hospital. Kelvin is in no medical condition to fight, purse or no purse.

Maybe there will be another poopie-pants incident tomorrow.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
any funny pics of dying kelvin or miesha's face?

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
It sucks that kelvin is actively trying to sabotage his career because he's a fun fighter. but he's really young so he still has time to straighten it out. Also this card has mccall vs lineker in it? jesus. I can see casual fans only looking forward to silva v diaz but for us gay fans this card is stacked as gently caress. natal v watson is going to suck for sure though

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mean Bean Machine posted:

natal v watson is going to suck for sure though

watson seems to punch kinda hard and natal is usually pretty cooperative about letting people punch him and then falling down afterward

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

yeah Kong tried to sell himself as the most entertaining guy in UFC around the time he was calling out Wanderlei and Rafael Natal is okay. I don't think it will be a great fight but it shouldn't be horrendous

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I'm fine with any result for Silva v Diaz but the prospect of Nick winning and probably fighting Lawler is a lot better than Anderson winning and us getting Weidman v Silva 3. I'm very conflicted.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Bubba Smith posted:

if any of the reports are true Nick Diaz does not want to be there at all. Diaz can tune that poo poo out and 209 his way through a fight but Anderson should be winning before they even touch gloves.

Looking at this one more time:

El Roncho posted:

The size difference is some Johnson/Brenneman poo poo. If not worse.

http://instagram.com/p/ydDNvzvKd3/

I'm sold. He's definitely not his usual self.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

nick diaz is dumb but he knows fighting and he must know that the style match up is not favorable

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Mean Bean Machine posted:

I'm fine with any result for Silva v Diaz but the prospect of Nick winning and probably fighting Lawler is a lot better than Anderson winning and us getting Weidman v Silva 3. I'm very conflicted.

if it helps any, with how often Weidman is injured, the fight would probably never happen and we'll instead finally get Anderson/Bisping or something.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Marching Powder posted:

nick diaz is dumb but he knows fighting and he must know that the style match up is not favorable

I keep thinking of that video where Nick Diaz recalls when he heard Rich Franklin is fighting Anderson Silva and he just starts laughing. And now he's reliving that same moment but he's on the other side of it.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Marching Powder posted:

After the GSP fight he said at the post-fight presser that he still thinks he can win vs GSP.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Fozzy The Bear posted:

After the GSP fight he said at the post-fight presser that he still thinks he can win vs GSP.

apples and oranges for a huge number of reasons.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lol kelvin looked like he was walking to his execution and he apparently had one hell of a last meal

:lol:

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Agreed posted:

hopefully not just "RIP"

this poo poo is going to kill somebody high enough profile that the news picks it up one of these days

Nobody is going to literally die because they have the flu. The guys who die in fights have serious conditions like aneurysms and problems with their hearts. Being sick doesn't make you die when you get punched in the face.

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die

K8.0 posted:

Nobody is going to literally die because they have the flu. The guys who die in fights have serious conditions like aneurysms and problems with their hearts. Being sick doesn't make you die when you get punched in the face.

being seriously dehydrated going into a fight is a good way to induce TBI as the layer of fluid padding your brain is depleted.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bubba Smith posted:

I keep thinking of that video where Nick Diaz recalls when he heard Rich Franklin is fighting Anderson Silva and he just starts laughing. And now he's reliving that same moment but he's on the other side of it.

Yeah Nick looks like he doesn't really want to fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah Nick looks like he doesn't really want to fight.

Nick never wants to fight, he admits he doesn't like it, its a job to him. I don't like to fight, its horrible, it takes a very strange kind of person to think its a good idea.

• Locked thread