Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Metal Gear
Metal Gear Rising 2
Phantom Pain
Silent Hills
View Results

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

UT Hater here, just wanted to say, I don't know nor care what your talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i'm shocked, and appalled, but i'd like u t o know that i played quake 2 recently, and maybe u should play it instead of live/3. btch

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I have Q2Pro installed but I had a hard time finding out how to just do a duel with Borsche, so playing a couple FFAs of Warsow in drafting class is as close to actually playing it as I've had.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
actually since nobody cares about mgr anymore do u have deathmatch classic and do u think its good, i've only played it once but it seems like it's just Q1 mp on goldsrc with 1:1 maps replicated in hammer

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't know but I'll play it if there's a port of aerowalk for it, since I always wanted to try a quake map in a valve engine game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ATM Reflex's demo on the main menu is a port of Aerowalk that looks fairly sick. There's no textures in the game yet so it's all griddy but, my QL looks like plaid anyway.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i really like warsow's super clean look high-visibility style for maps

the bottom has textures but it's still in the style which is good

i hate ut3's style with a passion and i think it's the exact inverse of this

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The most exact inverse I've ever seen would be in Crysis 2 multiplayer or a battlefield game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Though I guess BF or Arma or RO would technically be more fitting since I don't think Crysis 2 has the absolute worst visibility for a multiplayer FPS on purpose.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4cNSYAKtH0

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
http://www.warxon.com/about

Huhn, someone forked warsow.

drat that's a lot of typoes

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

What have you faggots done to my Metal Gear hype thread.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I didn' t click but if it's what I think it is, fairly epic.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
oh poo poo it's the fuzz, everyone hide

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Turned it into more of a general purpose thread. Sorry about that, but sometimes, some threads of discussions lead to new topics.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

I'm sorry about your thread. I am hype for Metal Gear, if it's any consolation.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

zen death robot posted:

They were worried about running out of threads and posted a bunch of chat thread bullshit in this one instead.

It's easier to follow a discussion in the thread it pops up in dude... Chill.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Make a drat rule that you have to be on the exact topic of the thread your in. Otherwise... gently caress you.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Anyways... Out of respect to the OP, I'll lay this one to rest, and install HL DM or whatever it was called.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

making GBS threads up a MGR thread should get you a forum upgrade.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

making GBS threads up a MGR thread should get you a forum upgrade.

I liked the inclusion of Dark Souls, to really round out the ownage.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
well speaking of metal gear rising 2 i didn't loving see any of the poo poo you guys were talking about so i'm going to assume this thread is a troll

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

THE PENETRATOR posted:

well speaking of metal gear rising 2 i didn't loving see any of the poo poo you guys were talking about so i'm going to assume this thread is a troll

To bring this back on topic I went to find a video I liked of MGS5 but I can't.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoFU5dU0PGQ

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I would like archives, as my prize,

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

THE PENETRATOR posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

To be honest, I can take or leave a Rising sequel... I'm just excited for the Phantom Pain release date to be revealed tomorrow.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That's from Terminator 2 you jackass.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Stealth is frankly boring.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The lovely parts about Mgr and dark souls like bad cameras, controls and gameplay actually make the game better.

Unlike Dark Souls I didn't have a problem with the camera in MGR until I got to the DLC which was way too cramped.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

My favorite thing about the Dark Souls camera is they fully expected people to use it not only while having to press the 4 face buttons and shoulder buttons including the tiny stupid one if your on 360 or a 360 controller, but also at 30 frames a second.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
The bad controls make the game hard, and harder = better.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Ragg posted:

Stealth is frankly boring.

That said I hope for more out of phantom pain than ground zeroes... in gz it just felt like if you got spotted that was it, shoot a billion guards, it's not like they pose any real threat (on normal)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I turned off the reaction thing in GZ.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/561912317257203712

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

I turned off the reaction thing in GZ.

Same. Also I hope you can start on hard right away in PP

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

Same. Also I hope you can start on hard right away in PP

I assume you can, in GZ I think it's just cuz the things are supposed to be little self contained things and they had to pad the game out somehow since it's a tiny teaser thing otherwise I guess.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
as long as we get the blonde lady with huge honkers in the sequel :mrgw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3jF1ijPnPQ

• Locked thread