Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arzachel
May 12, 2012

The Gorp posted:

I'm still the baby who plays glutton/blood priest/ranid/reaver with the express intent of saving up for super though.
I suppose I should learn how to manage super bar and press the god forsaken z and x keys.

Also, does it have to be sapphires?
Definitely get used to your ex skills, it's something I've always been bad at. You can make a case for rubies and topazes, but sapphires are universally really good on everyone if you're not doing something specific. Vitality sucks and focus was bad too as far as I remember.

Edit: might as well do a full writeup.

Traits:
T1 - Strength
T2 - Resistance or Focused Mind iirc
T3 - Potency or Concentration
T4 - personal preference
T5 - Force and Vigor
T6 - personal preference
T7 - everything
T8 - Last Stand

Medallions:
Stick the cheapest Sapphires in every slot, upgrade them later if you feel like it.

Red:
Meteor Shard - delayed aoe nuke, use if you need more buttons to make the bad people go away or to burst with friends.
Sergan's Finest - speed boost for 3 seconds. Positioning, chasing, waddling out of bad, good all-round choice.
Blue:
Aegis of Gergan - straight up damage shield, does what it says on the tin.
Frost Shard - incap and slow in a cone, great both on defense and offense.

Purple:
Charm of Baron Ruuska - reduces Weaken, Amplify and Silence effects' duration.
Gedan's Hourglass - decreases Slows and Blind effect's duration.
Mark of the Assassin - increases backstab damage.

Pick mark if you stab/shoot butts, otherwise one of the first two.

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Feb 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/6370/

New Steam bundles

17 dollars to own all Bloodlines!

Plus bonus silver weapons or some poo poo during the sale price

http://steamcommunity.com/games/6370/announcements/detail/230016859505555457

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Holy hell, all of those packs are fantastic deals.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Valve unlocked the game to all regions but they didn't unlock the dlc so it might show up as "This item is currently unavailable in your region". SLS are aware of this but can't fix it themselves.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Shab posted:

Holy hell, all of those packs are fantastic deals.

I'm away from my computer, what's in them?

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I'm away from my computer, what's in them?

Huntress pack
$8.99 (on sale from $9.99)

8 Bloodlines*
Replay pass
600 Gold**
15,000 Blood Coins***

You'll also receive:

3 Day Blood Coin Boost
3 Day Experience Boost
The title: The Huntress
An exclusive avatar

Warrior pack
$16.99 (down from $19.99)

All 27 Bloodlines
Replay pass
1,200 Gold Coins*
30,000 Blood Coins**

You’ll also recieve:

Day Blood Coin Boost
7 Day Experience Boost
The title: The Warrior
An exclusive Avatar

Warchief pack
$37.49 (down from $49.99)

All 27 Bloodlines
Replay pass
1,800 Gold Coins*
50,000 Blood Coins**
A gender change outfit for each Bloodline
A armoured Outfit for each Bloodline
A Gold quality weapon for each Bloodline
Wave, laugh and celebrate emotes for each Bloodline

You’ll also recieve:

7 Day Blood Coin Boost
7 Day Experience Boost
The title: The Warchief
An exclusive Avatar

Ben Nerevarine fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 2, 2015

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Buying that warchief pack when I get home, don't even give a gently caress. Just gotta figure out what kind of whale I am before then (clearly a Right whale).

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
I bought the Alchemist and turns out he was on free rotation. Oh well, healers represent!

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

There's nothing wrong with owning the Alchy even if she's on rotation. She's worth having on deck.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The reason not to own Alchemist, or any healer, is so you can always say "sorry I don't own any healers and don't know [rotation healer] well enough to play," like a true scumbag king.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Okay with the huntress pack you dont get to chose the bloodlines, gently caress that poo poo

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Countblanc posted:

The reason not to own Alchemist, or any healer, is so you can always say "sorry I don't own any healers and don't know [rotation healer] well enough to play," like a true scumbag king.

"Sorry I don't know any healers"

*picks Ranid, suicide rushes, blames team*

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Oh the other thing they're doing is buying any one of those packs in the next couple of weeks (basically their re-release hoo-rah period) get you the silver weapon for every champ. By and large worse looking than the gold quality weapons but a pretty nice bonus at that.

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
First scoreboard.jpg of the thread:

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/520499125411629517/16E3530FC46AA362506872852656BFFDCA9A6D00/

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Okay with the huntress pack you dont get to chose the bloodlines, gently caress that poo poo

What? It just gives you 8 random bloodlines? What's the point, then.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
^^^ how do you redeem the weapons?

Schubalts posted:

What? It just gives you 8 random bloodlines? What's the point, then.

And two of them I already had.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
Hell ya, got a key! Time to mash M1.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Played a six person in-house today with (mostly) new players, everyone had a blast and one of them said it reminded him of playing Mario Party with friends.

Don't think I convinced anyone to pick up the starter packs, but just pugging a group out of dota irc seemed to work really well!

Maybe if we get enough people in channel cute some week night or over the weekend we can pug some goon CTA!

Minera fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Feb 3, 2015

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Minrad posted:

Played a six person in-house today with (mostly) new players, everyone had a blast and one of them said it reminded him of playing Mario Party with friends.

Don't think I convinced anyone to pick up the starter packs, but just pugging a group out of dota irc seemed to work really well!

Maybe if we get enough people in channel cute some week night or over the weekend we can pug some goon CTA!

add me

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ wya

started playing yesterday

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I'm considering buying the baby pack but I'm one of those people who only play one dude once I find the right one and never change.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Your three stack queuing up agaisnt another 5 games in a row with full poo poo talking is so great

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Your three stack queuing up agaisnt another 5 games in a row with full poo poo talking is so great

BLC might be the only game where I poo poo talk 24/7. It's loving magic.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dizz posted:

I'm considering buying the baby pack but I'm one of those people who only play one dude once I find the right one and never change.

This is the good poo poo.

lite frisk
Oct 5, 2013
Played my first game and somehow won 3/0. I think the other team didn't have a healer and all I did was spam heal on my teammates, so maybe that's why?

This is fun, but with that in mind, how bad is the grind in this game, say, compared to LoL?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Prallax Litovsk posted:

Played my first game and somehow won 3/0. I think the other team didn't have a healer and all I did was spam heal on my teammates, so maybe that's why?

This is fun, but with that in mind, how bad is the grind in this game, say, compared to LoL?

Before the rerelease, pretty abysmal. I can't compare it to LoL since I haven't played that game since it came out, but it was real bad. But now the game shits money at you and champs cost less, so it's a lot more bearable!

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
It's not bad at all, you'll be able to get full gems and medallions in a relatively short amount of time. If you want all the bloodlines then it's gonna take longer but frankly I never really cared about getting all the bloodlines compared to getting all the champions for League because it takes so drat long to really master a bloodline. Get one of every category that you enjoy playing and you're set really and can pick up the others at your own leisure.

It is, however, still very dumb that all this stuff is gated behind gems and bullshit instead of baseline because it really hurts the Pure Fighting Spirit of the game. :shrug: Work with what we have I guess.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
The old grind was at least on par with LoL, maybe worse. I have like 6 days played from the olden days and I had made enough blood coins to buy 4 champs. The grind is infinitely less now, to the point where I think they may have gone too far in the other direction.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
All this talk is making me sad that I'm stuck waiting for them to disconnect my accounts :(

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Shab posted:

The old grind was at least on par with LoL, maybe worse. I have like 6 days played from the olden days and I had made enough blood coins to buy 4 champs. The grind is infinitely less now, to the point where I think they may have gone too far in the other direction.

The warchief pack also has you totally set for gems in addition to the class unlocks. I bought it and honestly don't even know what to do with all my blood money.

Played a few rounds against some goons a little bit ago and what little skill I had is slowly coming back to me. I still can't play stalker and gunner for poo poo, but my reaver and Samus are as good as they ever were (not very).

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
My email has 2 keys in it for 2 accounts I apparently had and I can't remember which one I played on more, and I picked the wrong one. There isn't any benefit to having an older account right?

I didn't spend any real money so if it's just bloodcoins, whatever, I can idle for them.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Prallax Litovsk posted:

You need 350 + 350~1500+1000(don't remember how much the passive medallions cost, lets say 1k) for the medallions and 12*1200 to stick perfect sapphires in ever socket. That's around 17-18k and can be gotten in about 3 days of casual play if you pop the free booster you get, or you can just use the cheapo sapphires for 12*100 and upgrade them later. No idea about the traits though.

Anatharon posted:

My email has 2 keys in it for 2 accounts I apparently had and I can't remember which one I played on more, and I picked the wrong one. There isn't any benefit to having an older account right?
I didn't spend any real money so if it's just bloodcoins, whatever, I can idle for them.

They have a support form linked in the steam forums to unhook your account, so you can swap them if you feel like it.

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Feb 3, 2015

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Did the Titan Edition have anything worth mentioning in it? I remember deciding it wasn't worth it back at the time, and I guess I was right in hindsight.

Arzachel posted:

You need 350 + 350~1500+1000(don't remember how much the passive medallions cost, lets say 1k) for the medallions and 12*1200 to stick perfect sapphires in ever socket. That's around 17-18k and can be gotten in about 3 days of casual play if you pop the free booster you get, or you can just use the cheapo sapphires for 12*100 and upgrade them later. No idea about the traits though.

They have a support form linked in the steam forums to unhook your account, so you can swap them if you feel like it.

Traits are basically talents, you get them for leveling up.

It isn't that bad to get stuff these days as you can get a ton of coins from idling overnight if you're into that.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Anatharon posted:

Did the Titan Edition have anything worth mentioning in it? I remember deciding it wasn't worth it back at the time, and I guess I was right in hindsight.

Traits are basically talents, you get them for leveling up.

It isn't that bad to get stuff these days as you can get a ton of coins from idling overnight if you're into that.

Titan edition gave you every bloodline and cosmetic in game, everything added after the launch you got for free. Not sure whether titles/avatars were included in that. Something like the founders packs we get for a bunch of games now but far less off a ripoff.

I think I was level 24 when the traits got added, so I'm not sure how the whole level progression thing works. I think you had to stick a bunch of bloodcoins to open up the tiers back then.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

A couple things I've noticed from this new wave of players that might help out newer players here (and I'm fully aware that I'm in a glass house on these as well):

-Probably the #1 biggest mistake you can make is to get boxed into the starting platform in an arena match. The arenas are pretty big and you really, really need that room to maneuver. If you get stuck in a corner and you've either blown your escape or simply don't have one, you're toast. The gut instinct is to run away from the other team, but there's nothing that's going to save you behind you, and there's nothing to be afraid of behind them. Get that room to move.

-Hold onto your cooldowns until they're definitely going to do what they're meant to do. I'm guilty of just throwing things out uselessly much of the time, and it's really obvious how much worse that is when you run into people who get high impact out of them. Remember that your autoattack is the bulk of the damage you're going to deal most of the time. The tooltips aren't terribly informative unless you hold down shift, but if you have a look at them you'll see that most of your cooldowns do about the same damage or less than your regular attack so there's no point in trying to use them for damage.

-Related to the previous point, healers can't ignore their autoattacks. Their damage is very relevant and usually comes with some useful buff or debuff. It's also probably a good idea to not play a healer until you're more comfortable with the game flow. They're much harder in general than the other classes and tend to get dogpiled at low levels, which feels really lovely.

-Armored alchemist is the best outfit in the game.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

chumbler posted:

-Probably the #1 biggest mistake you can make is to get boxed into the starting platform in an arena match. The arenas are pretty big and you really, really need that room to maneuver. If you get stuck in a corner and you've either blown your escape or simply don't have one, you're toast. The gut instinct is to run away from the other team, but there's nothing that's going to save you behind you, and there's nothing to be afraid of behind them. Get that room to move.

-Pick up the energy rune or at least don't let the enemy team have it for free. Having an ultimate up in nearly half the time or an extra ex move to work with is a huge advantage.

I'd say it is worth getting at least a few games in as a healer even if you're new just so you know why rushing the enemy team 1v3 might not be the best idea :v:

Foodchain
Oct 13, 2005

Countblanc posted:

Before the rerelease, pretty abysmal. I can't compare it to LoL since I haven't played that game since it came out, but it was real bad. But now the game shits money at you and champs cost less, so it's a lot more bearable!

The packs you can buy now are actually really solid. The warrior pack is $15 and unlocks every bloodline. In addition, it gives 30k blood coins, and 1200 gold coins, which is enough for a set of medallions and gems for general purpose.

Here's how much general purpose gems/medallions will run:
Meteor Shard - 650 blood coins
Aegis of Gergan - 800 blood coins
Law'Rence Fury - 1100 blood coins
Perfect Sapphire - 1200 blood coins (x12)

So by spending 16950 blood coins you'll unlock everything you need. The change left over will be enough to buy some alternate gems/medallions if your favorite hero should require something more specific. The general purpose medallions/gems tend to be the best choices for most heroes though.

Oh yeah, plus I think the pack comes with some boosts, an avatar, and a title. The boosts being the big thing. I'm currently on the free boost I got from "coming back" to the game, and I've raked in over 100k blood coins just afking in a private lobby while doing work.

Foodchain fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Feb 3, 2015

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Foodchain posted:

The packs you can buy now are actually really solid. The warrior pack is $15 and unlocks every bloodline. In addition, it gives 30k blood coins, and 1200 gold coins, which is enough for a set of medallions and gems for general purpose.

Here's how much general purpose gems/medallions will run:
Meteor Shard - 650 blood coins
Aegis of Gergan - 800 blood coins
Law'Rence Fury - 1100 blood coins
Perfect Sapphire - 1200 blood coins (x12)

So by spending 16950 blood coins you'll unlock everything you need. The change left over will be enough to buy some alternate gems/medallions if your favorite hero should require something more specific. The general purpose medallions/gems tend to be the best choices for most heroes though.

Oh yeah, plus I think the pack comes with some boosts, an avatar, and a title. The boosts being the big thing. I'm currently on the free boost I got from "coming back" to the game, and I've raked in over 100k blood coins just afking in a private lobby while doing work.

Isnt there a limit to how much u can earn?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

You have a 50k account cap and can't save up more than 50k. I think there's also a weekly limit on how much you can earn.

If you're trying to get coins by idling in private games then be warned that the servers will kick you if the match goes on for too long. I think it's either 90 minutes or 2 hours that the limit is at?

Foodchain
Oct 13, 2005

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

There's a 50k hard cap on blood coins. As well, coin gains are capped at 50k weekly. Boosts disable this cap for the duration of the boost. If you played BLC before and link your account you get a free boost. Currently private games give 90% of the coins that real games do. It used to be much much lower.

I'm honestly only farming these coins because it's easy and convenient for me. If I didn't buy most of the heroes in one of the original packs, I would have spent the $15 to unlock them all. This isn't the most efficient way to get everything unlocked, I'm just doing it because I can and it's not any extra effort.

Compared to paying $40 to unlock 3 heroes, this is pretty reasonable as far as "Free to play" goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

quote:

Why should i use shift for self-healing?
It doesn't require you to move your mouse on your character to heal, which means that it's a much faster and more precise method in general. There are also rare occasions when your healing will be reflected by Ravener’s Spinning Strike and the healing spell won’t land on yourself, if you are NOT using the shift key.

All this time I've been occasionally missing heals on myself :negative:

• Locked thread