Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Finished Episode 1 last night. What a great little game this was. :)

I was expecting to hate the characters after I played the first hour or so but I ended up liking Max a lot, her opinions on random objects are pretty great.

I'm happy with the choices I made so far, but I guess i'll have to see how badly I messed up in later episodes.

There was one really jarring part of the game for me: when you go to Chloes house and do a little snooping, it becomes fairly obvious that Madsen is her step-dad but Max makes no mention of this at all until hours later. Stuff like "huh i bet Chloes step-dad is a real hard-rear end" and she's looking at a photo of Madsen as she thinks this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

ymgve posted:

Uhm... There was a whole conversation in the car about her dad dying, wasn't there?

I'm talking about how the game never says "hey that rear end in a top hat security guard at Blackwell is Chloes step-dad" until the last 5 minutes of the episode. Meanwhile Max is looking at a photo of the security guard in Chloes house and is like "who the hell is this guy?"

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

RightClickSaveAs posted:

It took her a long time to figure it out. She sees a picture of him as a soldier, and comments on that, then I think she sees his name on an ID card or something lying around, but she doesn't explicitly figure it out until she gets to the garage. That's how it went for me. Maybe it's the way the game is paced, and they expected people to go straight to the garage before snooping around the rest of the house?

Oh okay i must have forgotten it clicked for her in the garage. I'd have been really surprised if she didn't get it from the file full of Kate's photos. Still looking forward to seeing the outcome of that story thread.

• Locked thread