Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

ymgve posted:

I have got one vital unanswered question:

What is the text on the shirt Max is wearing?

It's Jane Doe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

It's a painterly style for sure. Google up portfolios of concept artists and it should look very similar. It's pretty impressive really, and it manages to work as both gorgeous art direction and a clever way to minimize time spent on texturing.

I can look past stereotypes when we've just been introduced to these characters. I'd also like to point out that if you care to explore, read up journal entries, look around people's rooms and whatnot, most of the peripheral characters get some much needed depth added to them.

Overall, I gotta say I loved the game. It was a very immersive experience for me, and even though I'm probably older than Max's photographer crush, the teen drama didn't really bother me much. They did a really good job making you feel like you're in Max's shoes through the use of her body language, introspective musings and journal entries.

The lip sync is indeed atrocious; especially during the intro lecture. I'm not sure how they can improve it without seriously delaying future episodes though.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Saw all the posts and got all excited for a moment. Turns out people were just hella arguing about teenagers being teenagers again. What an epic fail! For cereal.

I'm so sorry.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Accordion Man posted:

I just really hope they take a long hard look at Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines and learn what really worked about that game and what didn't.

Because poo poo would I love a spiritual successor to Bloodlines without its mistakes.

I found The Secret World to be... pretty much a spiritual sequel to Bloodlines, despite it being made by completely different people. Don't think of it as an MMO. Buy it and go through the campaign, doing each dungeon at least once on the way. (Their dungeons are probably some of the most immersive pieces of instanced content I've ever played.) Then stop playing once you finish the storyline.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

I think it's simpler than that. Chloe had to die in the bathroom. It doesn't matter if she dies after that point, as everything begins going haywire the moment she gets out of that first incident alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Max's growth as a character relies on what you did throughout your playthrough. Your choices mattered to her, even if the timeline is reset.

• Locked thread