Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Square Enix trying to get some of that sweet Telltale money.

I liked it, one of my favorite aspects is when Max verbalizes the players "drat maybe I should have done Y instead of X" second-guessing, and then in the next scene says "I'm glad I did X". I messed up hiding in the closet the first time and was really taken aback when Chloe threw me under the bus, so I redid it. Sorry but I was already on Dickheads shitlist for rescuing Kate. I also thought it was weird that I couldn't chose whether to tell Chloe about her stepdad's creepy surveillance but ok.

Can't wait to see where this goes, story-heavy games plus time travel are some of my things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

FrumpleOrz posted:

Wait, what? I was able to tell her about her stepdad's creepy surveillance . She even says something like "I knew it!"

You were able to choose though? My game suddenly minimized at that part by the lighthouse.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

Macaluso posted:

It is a little strange you don't get the option to not tell her though, especially if you don't hide and Chloe throws you under the bus

That's what I'm saying, according to the game mechanics you don't unsee things when you rewind, so why would the act of opening the cabinet decide whether you tell her or not?

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

Hakkesshu posted:

The weirdest part about the surveillance thing is that he seemingly doesn't have a camera in Chloe's room as far as I can recall, so maybe he does kind of respect her?

From a few things like the answering machine you can tell he's trying not to be a shithead on purpose, but his PTSD and and being spooked about whatever is going on makes him act like a massive dick.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

I was watching some LPs and there are a ton of extra dialoges that are unlocked when you use the time reverse thing correctly, I should probably start a new game and check those out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

Hakkesshu posted:

What do you mean correctly? There weren't more than like a handful of cases where you actually got extra dialogue.

Maybe it's because I missed talking to some of the people but it seemed to me that you only got extra dialogue, like about Rachel, if you used time reverse, in order to make people open up to Max.

• Locked thread