Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Rincewind posted:

Also, the game takes place in 2013 and Wikipedia says that it didn't become legal in Oregon until 2014.

It's still not actually legal yet--it was voted on last November, but the law doesn't come into effect until this July.

Dr. Killjoy posted:

I chose to be nice to Victoria but regretted it once the story advanced 5 minutes later...

I was mostly just disappointed that the game didn't let you take the photo, rewind and then comfort her while still having the photo in your possession. I know it's sort of a "have your cake and eat it too" situation in terms of narrative consequences, but it still breaks that rule that she keeps any object she gets before she rewinds. (Same thing in the scene with Katie and Madsen.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

ymgve posted:

Apparently a fully playable version of episode 2 and parts of episode 3 and 4 has leaked - makes me wonder if the "episodic release" nature of the game is a marketing gimmick.

Episode 2 is scheduled to be released next month, if it wasn't fully playable at this point I'd be worried.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Torgo2727 posted:

There are a lot of assumptions going on around here.

- Mr. Jefferson has time travel powers like Max? What evidence is there to support this?
- Mr. Jefferson knows about Max's time travel powers? How?
- Mr. Jefferson wants Max as a protégé? What would make Jefferson think that Max is a sociopath that would readily agree to this?
- Mr. Jefferson wanted Max to submit a photo so he can abduct her?
He did a pretty good job of doing it without her submitting a photo. Rachel, Kate, and Victoria are all blonde 18 year olds. It seems Mr. Jefferson has a preferred victim that isn't Max. To me, his abducting Max has more to do with the fact that she was on to his operation than anything else.

To me, all that talk of "destiny" in his note in the Dark Room suggested some knowledge of or connection to the larger forces at work here. Perhaps the kidnappings are some kind of occult ritual that lets them tap into whatever source is giving Max her powers.

Of course, the alternative is they have no idea about any of this, and they just think their sadism has some kind of higher purpose, like they've created some kind of philosophy or religion around it as an elaborate justification. Which is arguably more interesting, but it doesn't tie things together quite as well.

• Locked thread