Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
posting smiling

H.H posted:

drat, i miss my walkman.

i prob still have it somewhere, i need to look for it next time i'm at my parents' house.

I own restored samples of a Pioneer CT-93, three CT-F1250's, A Nakamichi Dragon, BX-300 and a DR-1 and I can speak from experience to say that a well recorded tape on a well aligned machine will stand toe to toe with ANY mp3 and MOST Linear PCM or Single Bit Recording technologies. What it MIGHT lose in low end transients (Digital's strong point) and silence (its other strong point) it makes back up in musicality and massed string tone. (Just like its big brother the Open Reel. That being said, that quality doesn't come cheap then or now.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

posting smiling

H.H posted:

unfortunately i don't understand most of what you wrote here, i was just a casual cassete- tape user, but i do have fond memories of spending literally minutes trying to wind up tapes to the exact beginning of songs.
oh, man, i wonder if any of my tapes survived.

i love cassets. "cassetes the best" i wrote on my binder of cassette tape albums.

posting smiling

ATCG posted:

waht's a mp3?

like cassette tapes for robots

• Locked thread