Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

leica posted:

the majority of them are retarded and/or out of control

The problem is not dogs, the problem is dog owners. People either get dogs that are inbred to uselessness, or refuse to train it and then act all surprised when it acts out. I guess people like the idea of having a dog, but aren't concerned with the details.

There's nothing wrong with a healthy, well-trained dog that is owned by a responsible adult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

KKKLIP ART posted:

Found another tumor in my dog. Going to have some scans done to see if they are localized to the general area they were found in or if they are spread out. Treatment options depend on the outcome and I would pay almost anything to get it fixed. ffffffffffffffffffffffffff

bro, you can buy another one for way less than what it would cost to fix this one. Think of it as a chance to upgrade to a lighter, faster model, while paying less than just what you'd pay at the body shop on the old one. Sounds like the old one is in some serious maintenance debt too, and the newer ones have much better mechanicals.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Holdbrooks posted:

Awesome! I loved that show.

Also taking a date on a mountain run in the STi in the morning before work. How much of an rear end in a top hat would I be if I set up the go pro for in car and YouTube Her reaction when I put my foot to the floor?

Aren't there entire youtube channels dedicated to exactly this?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Pretty sure he's not going to need A/C in Alaska.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Well, $13k in 1997 is #19k in 2014, so there's that.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

ExplodingSims posted:

Alright, luckily Ford made the radio the easiest thing ever to remove on the Explorer.

Front:

Back:

And here's the back of the original unit that came with the car:

Most research I did said to use the PIE FRDN-AUX adapter, but apparently the company that made those no longer exists, and every other adapter out there is for a 2006+

Yeah sorry it looks like I left that at my parents' house at Christmas. I can have them mail it to me, and then mail it on, but it's not going to be something I can turn around this week. Still have any interest?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

rndmnmbr posted:

Died of a cracked head, and apparently replacement heads were made of angel tears and all of them had the same casting flaw.

Sucks about your friend, but what happened to the car?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Why bother with a for-profit university, though? Go to your local junior college and take their Cisco classes and get your CCNA. Maybe A+ too if that's something anyone cares about? Do you think you would learn anything really applicable at a place that just wants to grind you through and take your money?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
But STR, have you considered a Miata?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Tommychu posted:

Yep. The stick mechanism is cheap as hell to replace (and shared with all the PS controllers) but every time I open one up I just go 'welp, that looks like a pain in the rear end to solder', sigh and head to Walmart for a new one.

As a guy who has a bitchin' soldering iron and no controller, send them to me :getin:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Tide posted:

I've never quite understood why guys that are going bald/losing their hair can grow the best beards ever.

Maybe it's like how blind people have better hearing.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Das Volk posted:

Italiancars.txt :italy:

That has to be one of the stranger electrical problems I've heard of.

Solution: remove the wiper arms and then pull the relay for the motor. Or are you planning on driving the car in the rain?

E: Oh, you live in Seattle. Nevermind.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

trouser chili posted:

Mine too but he's back in Missouri, so gently caress him.

3x3, animal style, mustard grilled. With a milkshake.

Might as well go all the way, right?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

keykey posted:

:downs: "Welp, they don't know why I had a heart attack." and to that I told him

:bang: "Yes you do. You haven't done a single test for your diabetes in 18 months and you eat how you want because you think that you know what's best because you did a Google search as opposed to the dietitians and doctors in here that, by the way are the best that money can buy because you're in a hospital off 17 mile drive, and they're telling you that your poo poo isn't in check because you believe what The Google is telling you. Now you're wasting my time because I took time off work that I will most likely have to take off again in a few weeks to come back here and support my wife because your stupid rear end can't figure out that you should be testing yourself."

:downs: "The lord has a plan for my life and I trust in him."

:bang: "Right. Tell you what, I'm going to stop eating right now, because the lord has a plan for my life too and I trust that he'll nurture me."

:downs: "Well, that's just stupid."

:bang: "No poo poo. I can only care about you as much as you care about yourself, so it looks like we're at a standstill. I guess we'll be seeing you back in here pretty soon."

quote:

A man is on his porch during a flood and a woman comes by in a boat and offers him a spot. He says, “No, God will save me.” The water rises and he moves to the second level of his house and another boat comes by with several people in it, and they offer him the ride as well. “No, God will save me.” Finally, he has to move to the roof and a helicopter comes by and drops a ladder. He waves it away and says, “No, God will save me.” Suddenly a rush of water comes by and the man drowns. He goes to Heaven and sees God and says, “I believed you would save me! Why did you forsake me?” And God says, “I sent you two boats and a helicopter, what more did you want?!”

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
In general? Not always the worst idea. A british car that has been sitting for 2 years? No way. Not without a contingency trailer.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Tommychu posted:

Google says the ECU is in the cabin behind the seats on the Murcielago so unless that's wrong (quite likely) it really is quite the :ohdear: situation.

Behind the passenger seat? Where DV was sitting? :crossarms:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Motronic posted:

I don't think you understood what you were reading.

So let me re-state: The problem is that there is an "us vs. them" mentality by people who are internal business support personnel (the IT staff). They are no more entitled to an attitude like that than the custodial staff.

If you disagree with that please explain how recognizing what I said makes ME part of the problem? The only way I could see you taking that stance is if you're an Aspergers-riddled MCSE who has read too much BOFH (and took it seriously) that needs to be fired for not understanding what you were hired to do.
                                /

But seriously, I agree. I've replaced guys like that, and the reaction I get is always some variant of "Wait, you actually solve problems? It was that easy?"

A lot of IT people are terrible power-tripping assholes, metering out the grueltechnology to the plebes. It's lovely and doesn't help anyone actually accomplish anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Liquid Communism posted:

Or it could be that a lot of IT staff get jaded and develop this attitude after spending months and years slamming their head against users who are incapable of remembering or learning even the tiniest bit of information about the machines they rely on to do their work, and thus are constantly calling them for the same set of problems caused by pure incompetence and willful ignorance.

There's a reason Step One of any troubleshooting routine is 'Are you certain it's plugged in?'.

It's possible to be jaded and bitter, but still make best efforts to help people. There's no excuse for just not setting things up because users might gently caress it up. They need it to do their job.

• Locked thread