Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Mat_Drinks posted:

That looks awesome. So how do the flaming whipped cream? Mix in booze that burns off and forms a crust/shell? But does the inside of it still have an alcohol taste (not that it'd be a bad thing, just curious)?

That meringue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Extra posted:

Considering safety regulations and emissions crap I would think it would be pretty hard to fit a 130hp engine in a sub 2500lb car.

Mirage - 2000lb/74hp
Spark - 2269/84hp
Mazda 2 - 2306lb/100hp
Accent - 2489/138hp
Fiesta - 2578/120hp

The future hand me downs are looking pretty meh. Creative options like some dude in this region who swapped a 2L Elanta engine into his ~2000 accent may be the way to go.

The Mazda only has 100hp because it is an old, cheap simple lump. With DI, a turbo, or even a little engineering could turn 1.5l interesting fairly quickly.
(Also, hilarious to drive if you don't care about straight line)

nm
Jan 28, 2008

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

God i've got stabbing pain in my liver and I can hardly breathe. My body constantly tells me that my lifestyle is unsustainabpe and what do I do? I burn the crops into the ground and till the now barren soil praying for rain, and once the very earth of y foundation no longer supports fertile life on the surface I elect to dig. Dig and stripmine down to the bedrock of the soul, harvest every last scrap of value from my life. Fill the hole in with toxic mine tailings and rake a layer of dirt over in hopes to pass it off as normal to the casual eye

Or just buy the biturbo. Its the recovery plan we can all enjoy.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

I have a collection of zune flash/HDs. They are great MP3 players for cars.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Unless tx is really hosed up, I don't see how a jc works out as more expensive than privates.

The value of a jc is that you get a real degree out of it, and perhaps just as important, the credits transfer much more easily.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

I'm at the local mazda dealer to have some warranty work done. It shares a waiting area with the local mopar dealer.
It is amazing how you can easily tell who is here for what dealer.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Comrade Flynn posted:

Since I posted about it in here I ended up buying it:

Meh, it ain't a biturbo.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Comrade Flynn posted:

I was trying to merge. That car is really, really wide and has a blind spot you can land a 747 in.

There's no shame in blind spot mirrors. Well, maybe a little, but less shame than a dented Lamborghini and some guy who thinks he just won the lotto by being hit by one.
Hell, its just a VW right? 50% chance the sweet integrated blind spot mirrors (the only thing I miss from my passat) from a golf or passat or something fit.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

iwentdoodie posted:

I love socal. I'm in a bar watching the Blackhawks game, almost everyone who is in here is from Chicago.

It's 68* outside and everyone has a sweater on.

It is 55 and raining. Everyone here is still a wuss re:weather though.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

iwentdoodie posted:

Is it that cold? The humidity is making it feel warmer to me.

I wouldn't call it cold, but yeah, at least in the IE. I'm still in short sleeves though.
Unfortunately, my blood has thinned a lot since Minnesota and under 50s i start thinking it is kind of cold.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

PaintVagrant posted:

Matrix XRS. Actually pretty fun to drive, has the same motor as the celica GTS I believe. 8k rpm redline and a 6-speed. They are pretty rare or I would probably buy a nice one to daily.

The pontiac vibe GT is the same car and probably more common.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Comrade Flynn posted:

So this happened while giving Das Volk a ride.

Coil packs got wet during a car wash. We left it for an hour and came back to find someone had spit on it. Also while loading it onto the truck two groups of teenagers drove past filming while screaming "human being".

I hate humanity.

What I've learned:
Don't let Das Volk near any car.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

some texas redneck posted:

Goddamn, you ain't kidding there. First the Viper, now the Lambo.

At least the engine didn't rapidly disassemble itself.
You're forgetting the Corvette.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

bolind posted:

Aren't you in Sweden?

If the answer is yes, buy the goat.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Tommychu posted:

My chili recipe includes canned tomato soup and pinto beans, it's not 'right' but gently caress it this poo poo is delicious.
I wonder if The Great Chili Debate is a thing in Mexico. Or if Japanese food forums have flamewars over the 'proper' stuff to put in ramen.

Chili, at least as Americans have it, is not Mexican.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

T1g4h posted:

I have never understood chili without beans. It just seems like something essential is missing when you do that :(

You just add more meat.

• Locked thread