Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
:fap:

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun
Came for hot E-4 chicks.

Was not disappointed. :jackbud:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Helldump Immunity. posted:

E4s are my kryptonite :allears:

Wild T posted:

More like copper dude. Easily found and not all that valuable. Also homeless crackheads will totally come pluck that poo poo out your home when you deploy.

Fistboy
Oct 24, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Ragaman posted:

So we are supposed to go to Ramstein in May.

My sponsor emailed me on Tuesday and said: :tipshat: "Hey, I notice that your old AFSC is 1C351 (command post), are you retraining back into this career field as part of your PCS?"

:wtc: Alarm bells start going off in my head... My reply: "Er, no I should be PCSing there as my current AFSC 3D072 (Cyber Systems Ops)."

Got a reply back yesterday: :smuggo: "Our SMSgt confirmed you are coming here as a 1C3, are you PRP certified? You are showing as PRP certified, but if not, you should start the process now blah blah blah..."

I've been out of my career field for 10+ years and now you want me to come back? I didn't think I could be pulled back 5+ years after cross training...

:psyduck:

Well, working in a MAJCOM has its privileges - my Functional is 5 seconds away and is going to try and help. Yay I guess? Maybe cancel the assignment and send me to a comm unit at Ramstein or Japan instead plz thx.

Saw this late in the last thread and thought I might chime in.

Check AFI 36-2101 4.1.2.. As far as I can tell you've lost your 5-Level after being out of it for more than 4 years.

Edit: Reading it again I think you're actually withdrawn from your old AFSC after 6 years.

Fistboy fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Feb 2, 2015

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

:smith:

terrez
Mar 20, 2012

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

:smith:

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

Didn't get a chance last thread to say thanks for the help with the NJANG stuff, I appreciate it.

And one last question, the Atlantic City base posted another job 2S0X1, Material Management, how's the supply side of things?

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Sasgrillo posted:

Didn't get a chance last thread to say thanks for the help with the NJANG stuff, I appreciate it.

And one last question, the Atlantic City base posted another job 2S0X1, Material Management, how's the supply side of things?

Supply wouldn't be too terrible, at least as far as logistics 2-series AFSCs go. Probably about a 60/40 breakdown of time spent between punching data into computer systems (that frequently don't work) and toting stuff around a warehouse. Also since Atlantic City has a flying mission you'd likely be rotated through COSO, which is the "satellite supply office" in the Aircraft Maintenance Unit (working there can be good or bad, really depends on how the AMU leadership stacks up against the Supply/LRS leadership). The AF has flirted with doing away with the career field completely and making it all civilian a couple times over the last several years but I think the last decision made to keep it military seems to have had some sticking power.

I found out today I won some annual award at the Group.

My Squadron was the only one that put in a CGO package

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

e: I should add that if you expect to be intellectually stimulated supply probably isn't your cup of tea but I figured that went without saying because:

a) it's Supply
b) it's a 2-series AFSC
c) you're enlisting in the first place

iyaayas01 fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Feb 3, 2015

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

You got a masters right? Congrats on your impending successful O-4 board on the first look.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Looks like my Force Shaping separation date has been established exactly 30 days before my GI Bill would have vested to 100%. gently caress you too, Air Force.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
jfc

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
came to the thread for e4 chicks, my expectations were raped.

Dead Reckoning posted:

Looks like my Force Shaping separation date has been established exactly 30 days before my GI Bill would have vested to 100%. gently caress you too, Air Force.

so just miss a few appointments here and there on your way out. what are they going to do? make you get out anyway?

e: does your sep date not change even if you stay longer?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I'm pretty sure they're going to stop my pay and benefits on my sep date no matter what I do, and I don't feel like turning in my pro gear on unpaid time.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Dead Reckoning posted:

I'm pretty sure they're going to stop my pay and benefits on my sep date no matter what I do, and I don't feel like turning in my pro gear on unpaid time.

yeah but 100% gi bill fuckin owns and would be worth it to stay in the army for another 30 days no matter how miserable i was

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Benefits includes accumulating AD time in service. Believe me, I've been looking into it. My plan B right now is to try to get the reserves to pick me up and get activated for 30 days.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
I'm here for e-4 titties, tia.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

vulturesrow posted:

I'm here for e-4 titties, tia.

Sorry, the H.M.U.L.E. rule is 100% true. This page is about first world problems now.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
hdi lied, my boner died :rip:

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
:mrapig:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Dead Reckoning posted:

hahahahahahahahahahahah holy poo poo thats an ultimate gently caress you

good luck

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

This cat is a rape survivor.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Wild T posted:

This cat is a rape survivor.

Get that cat a teal rope collar.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Remember, just because she's in heat doesn't mean you have consent.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Dead Reckoning posted:

Benefits includes accumulating AD time in service. Believe me, I've been looking into it. My plan B right now is to try to get the reserves to pick me up and get activated for 30 days.

Aren't you an MC-130 Nav?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
No, that's Winterfresh.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

hdi lied, my boner died :rip:

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
the air force is gay but it has a lot of dudes that rape women so is it trying to pretend it isn't gay? or what's the deal?

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Cole posted:

the air force is gay but it has a lot of dudes that rape women so is it trying to pretend it isn't gay? or what's the deal?

Don't kink-shame.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
Somebody thought it was a good idea to promote me to SMSgt. The AF is hosed.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
congratulations sir

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

Helldump Immunity. posted:

congratulations sir

The gently caress you callin me sir? I work for a living!

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
When are you getting your license plate frame?

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Contributing to failed PT tests of my coworkers, hell yeah

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Lazy Reservist posted:

The gently caress you callin me sir? I work for a living!

Not anymore, SMSgt (S).

Edit:

Godholio fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Feb 6, 2015

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Put some peanuts in there, kill the unworthy among you.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Casimir Radon posted:

Put some peanuts in there, kill the unworthy among you.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
Title? I dont need no stinkin' Title

Fistboy posted:

Saw this late in the last thread and thought I might chime in.

Check AFI 36-2101 4.1.2.. As far as I can tell you've lost your 5-Level after being out of it for more than 4 years.

Edit: Reading it again I think you're actually withdrawn from your old AFSC after 6 years.

Correct but the individual has to submit an AF Form 2096 to have it removed, it's not automatic. Good news is I had the old AFSC removed - bad news is that my orders got cancelled. Ah well, Osan has 3 positions open for TSgts in 3D0X2 guess I'll do that poo poo again. Not that Hurlburt sucks mind you but I'm ready to PCS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Godholio posted:

Not anymore, MSgt (S).

Uh I believe it's (S)MSgt, get your formatting right jfc

• Locked thread