Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Chat thread, I just wanted to let you know that Hyrule Warriors owns and you should buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Looking forward to that Tingle dlc

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Adam Bowen posted:

Chat thread, I just wanted to let you know that Hyrule Warriors owns and you should buy it.

I agree with you. Just this once

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Looper posted:

Looking forward to that Tingle dlc

I have been waiting so long for this.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

I have been waiting so long for this.

a fair amount of people were extremely angry that it wasnt skull kid

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

A Spider Covets posted:

a fair amount of people were extremely angry that it wasnt skull kid

Good.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

nintendo gives us what we need not what we think we want

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

to this day i remember my tingle-re;lated sexual awakening

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mods change my name to Tingles Gimp Slave

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Adam Bowen posted:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Adam Bowen posted:

i still have not played this, is it fun to play when you have people over?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

A Spider Covets posted:

i still have not played this, is it fun to play when you have people over?

It has local co-op with one person using the gamepad's screen. Frame rate and enemy spawn rates suffer a bit, though. It would probably be a bit boring to just watch after a bit, though.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

It's a lot of fun co-op, especially because the first player gets the gamepad and the second player gets the TV, no split-screen nonsense. It's only two-player and I think it's most fun co-op in Adventure mode, so it's best to play through the storyline part of the game on your own first so you have all the characters unlocked.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

the multiplayer looks horrible. like 32-bit graphics

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it's more of a hanging out with your buddy game than a party game. if you have a few people over play smash or mk instead

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

good to know, thanks goons!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

VideoGames posted:

the vita is my Binding Of Isaac machine. that game alone justifies it being freaking sweet. all the 20 other games on it is a huge bonus.

Anyone make a mod for that game yet where all the pee pee, poo poo and blood gets replaced by space lazers and robots?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Lurdiak posted:

Anyone make a mod for that game yet where all the pee pee, poo poo and blood gets replaced by space lazers and robots?

that would be a total conversion mod

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Awesome! posted:

that would be a total conversion mod

I know, but everyone keeps telling me the game's really cool and I kinda hate it so I'm wondering if replacing the aesthetics with something not retarded would make me appreciate whatever other people see in it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Adam Bowen posted:

i am glad to be on the same page as this poster, who i normally disagree with and shun. we can all come together under the glorious banner of the goddesses din, farore, and curly.

i have not played as ganondorf in awhile and in pains me, for he is very fun to play as.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
You don't understand, man. Isaac is in a lot of existential pain and this is how his mind represents that

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

oh yeah... the co-op is okay, but i think smash or perhaps mario kart or even the well-aged new super mario bros. would be better for a cool party with a couple of friends and some marthtinis.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I still really like Nintendo Land, but nobody ever seems to want to play it anymore. At least Mario Party 10 is coming up so I can mix it up a bit from Smash and Mario Kart

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

why can;'t they just make Mario Party 2 HD. they wouldn't have to come up with a single new idea, just remake the better games

no one wanted a sequel to mario party 9's car thing

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I don't know enough about Mario Party to have an opinion on their relative ranking since I've only played 1 and 8. Is 10 shaping up to be one of the crappy ones? I never heard anything good about 9 or the 3DS one.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Adam Bowen posted:

I don't know enough about Mario Party to have an opinion on their relative ranking since I've only played 1 and 8. Is 10 shaping up to be one of the crappy ones? I never heard anything good about 9 or the 3DS one.

From MP9 onwards you all ride in one cart together moving along a pretty linear path from one end to the other, more like interactive roller coasters with minigames. MP10 has that mode as the default, you can only play 'normal' mode by using an amiibo for each person that wants to play

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

nintendo has created a frenzy for toy collectors with these amiibos, since everyone now knows each wave will later be sold as chipped cards and no more toys will be made.

on top of that, a bunch of them are store exclusives which further increases their rarity. parents don't know which ones are rare or not, leading them to pay inflated prices online instead of having to check a bunch of stores. now they're making multiple toys for each character that have exclusive content in each of them, it just seems like complete madness

Blister
Sep 8, 2000

Hair Elf
That's almost as crazy as turning down the initial idea for Amiibos when Toys for Bob approached them before Activision for Skylanders.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i am 65 coins from platinum on club nintendo

i think i might buy the rayman thing that's on sale or toad's treasure tracker just to get plat tonight. i wonder if physical copies have club nintendo pamphlets still

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

hubris.height posted:

i am 65 coins from platinum on club nintendo

i think i might buy the rayman thing that's on sale or toad's treasure tracker just to get plat tonight. i wonder if physical copies have club nintendo pamphlets still

Do you actually want those games or just the points?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Blister posted:

That's almost as crazy as turning down the initial idea for Amiibos when Toys for Bob approached them before Activision for Skylanders.

that's the real horror of NFC figures: now Fred Ford and Paul Reiche are going to playing with dragons forever and they're not going to care one bit what brad loving wardell does with star control now that he's bought the rights.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Golden Goat posted:

Do you actually want those games or just the points?

i actually want toad's treasure tracker but i'm concerned if i buy a copy it won't have a club nintendo insert and that's a deal breaker.

was gonna buy rayman legends on ps4 because we have it from gamefly and can keep it for like 20 bucks, but for the same price we can just get it on wii u and i'll get plat status, plus there's like 13 bucks in credit on my e shop account

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

hubris.height posted:

i actually want toad's treasure tracker but i'm concerned if i buy a copy it won't have a club nintendo insert and that's a deal breaker.

was gonna buy rayman legends on ps4 because we have it from gamefly and can keep it for like 20 bucks, but for the same price we can just get it on wii u and i'll get plat status, plus there's like 13 bucks in credit on my e shop account

Quick search and apparently TTT does have points. Don't know about if it's a physical copy or a digital copy for the points.

Buy Rayman while you're at it.

Enjoy your purchased games.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I still don't know what loving amiibos actually do

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

mysterious loyall Y posted:

They let you get in the subway for free

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i think they help you level up characters in some games? they attract people enough that one guy dropped a grand to grab all of the amiibos of one of the Mario princesses in any case. because he doesn't like her and didn't want anyone else to buy her lol

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

They're NFC-enabled figurines that either unlock content in games or store data for use in certain features of games. Nothing enormously exciting, for the most part, but it seems to hammer the "obsess" button on the brains of some folks. Takes all types, I suppose...

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

in smash, amiibos play for you, so that they can earn prizes for you while you're watching tv.

in hyrule warriors, you can tap them once a day and you get weapons, materials or rupees, all of which are basically just tools to help you level up.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

It's on-disc DLC but you unlock with a chunk of plastic so that makes it OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!
Flower, Sun and Rain is one hell of a weird game

• Locked thread