Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Zeris posted:

this thread is a VA waiting room

your moms anus is too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

your moms anus is too!

:boom:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

your moms anus is too!

If you saw what she's been bringing home lately you'd get why this is some basic poo poo to say

go deeper

way deeper

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
the robocop remake is pretty ho-hum

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

can burning jet fuel melt robocop

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
no

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
So, uhhhh, went to the Columbus, GA VA clinic today.

:stare:

Uhhhh, it's not so good.

It makes the TMC at basic training look positively delightful. The only other VA centre I've been to before has been Madigan, and they had a dude playing a piano in the foyer.

This had... an absence of large rodents is probably the most flattering description I can give.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
what do you expect, it's georgia

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Well, basic cleanliness?

Really, I got the tricare so I was going in just for the sake of getting processed into the VA system, but holy gently caress people have to rely on that poo poo.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

not caring here posted:

Well, basic cleanliness?

look at all the dirty rear end homeless looking vets that are in the VA next time you're there.

i wouldn't care if the VA was sitting on a landfill if the fuckers would just operate more smoothly.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The Chicago VA hospital is the saddest place I've ever been. Utterly depressing.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

The Chicago every VA hospital is the saddest place I've ever been. Utterly depressing.

FTFY

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

The one in Prescott Arizona is actually pretty nice

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My clinic is very pleasant and clean :shrug:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
The main Seattle VA hospital is pretty drat nice. The only problem is old fucks by the dozen sitting around with nothing wrong with them waiting to be called SGM again clogging up the waiting rooms. No poo poo it's a real problem with these old pricks.

Lakewood was a legit good facility as well.

It's why I was so shocked by the Columbus one. I was not expecting fountains and violinists serenading me with Stravisnki whilst I walked on rose petals, it's fuckin' Columbus after all, but good god drat it's loving terrible.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Lakewood and Seattle are good. Washington seems to have a huge loving population of old loving vets. I rarely ever see anyone within our age group/war time frame whatever the gently caress. It's just nothing but WW2/Korea/Vietnam dudes. I think I missed the fact that the one you went to was in Columbus :lol: I'm so sorry.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

The Chicago VA hospital is the saddest place I've ever been. Utterly depressing.

Hines bums me the gently caress out.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

drat, this thread makes me want to go work at the VA to try and change things around, but I know that I'd be stuck in a place where I probably couldn't make any waves, at least not yet in my career.

I'd give you all hella sponge baths though.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Anything remotely related to the VA at just about every level is filled to the brim with incompetence and bogged down by legal mandates. I'm not one to say 'hurf, government regulations!!!1' but goddamn, the VA is the shining example of every big government stereotype. They're slow, they're incredibly inefficient and any attempt to change ANYTHING at ANY level is borderline impossible without congressional mandate.

The next time I step foot in a VA facility (other than meetings for work) will be in a few years when they tell me my combat-related injuries are magically better until I prove otherwise.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Vasudus posted:

Anything remotely related to the VA at just about every level is filled to the brim with incompetence and bogged down by legal mandates. I'm not one to say 'hurf, government regulations!!!1' but goddamn, the VA is the shining example of every big government stereotype. They're slow, they're incredibly inefficient and any attempt to change ANYTHING at ANY level is borderline impossible without congressional mandate.

The next time I step foot in a VA facility (other than meetings for work) will be in a few years when they tell me my combat-related injuries are magically better until I prove otherwise.

tell me why my prescription has to be picked up an hour and a half away instead of at the rite-aid where they usually send them

seriously, this is stumping the poo poo out of me.

this is rhetorical bc i know the answer

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I can't wait for someone to just absolutely lose their poo poo and start lighting motherfuckers up at the hospital. Vets seem to go crazy and shoot up a bunch of places because "tinfoil radio waves" tell them to, and yet they don't go after the VA. :tinfoil:

I kinda wonder if Chris Kyle's killer would have had an acceptable plea of insanity had he gone nuts on his local VAMC instead.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Master Bateman posted:

You have a hosed up face or something?

I must have a hosed up face too, because a waitress at a burger joint out in the country remembered my first name over a year after I went there for a meal like 3 times in a week. I should point her to the VA.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

at the date posted:

I must have a hosed up face too, because a waitress at a burger joint out in the country remembered my first name over a year after I went there for a meal like 3 times in a week. I should point her to the VA.

it's ur fuckin robot voice dude

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Vasudus posted:

What's your masters thesis on? I was thinking about switching my PhD emphasis from Fat nurse research to VA nursing, maybe seeing where improvements could be made within the VA system through nursing... Although I only knew one person who conducted research through the VA and I guess the amount of poo poo he had to put up with to conduct research within the VA was insane, granted he was focused on patients rather than staff.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

MurderBot posted:

What's your masters thesis on? I was thinking about switching my PhD emphasis from Fat nurse research to VA nursing, maybe seeing where improvements could be made within the VA system through nursing... Although I only knew one person who conducted research through the VA and I guess the amount of poo poo he had to put up with to conduct research within the VA was insane, granted he was focused on patients rather than staff.

you know how the sergeant major is usually that guy who has spent the last 15-20 years getting brainwashed?

i'm convinced the VA does the same thing to people. you go in with the best intentions and then bam, you're just another one of them.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

MurderBot posted:

I did my thesis on veterans and higher education. I now work on the defense side of healthcare doing things completely unrelated to it.

"improvements" to anything in the VA is obscenely more involved than your wildest imagination. One of the projects I'm working on long term is a joint DoD/VA thing and it's looking to be made into policy sometime in 2018. It will ultimately involve several hundred people before being made into a DoDI.

The key thing is that unless the government solicits the assistance, they will keep trucking along forever. You can have all the will in the world to fix their problems but if there's not a contract, an action officer and some serious cash you can't get them to change the brand of pencils they use.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

krispykremessuck posted:

it's ur fuckin robot voice dude

I have to exaggerate my facial expressions and hand gestures to convey that I'm joking to people who don't know me. Feel like a drat clown, but people always assume that I'm angry when I'm speaking normally.

idgi, my voice sounds normal to me

What I'm saying is check ur priv

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
free caro

(to a good and kind home)

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Fucitol posted:

free caro

(to a good and kind home)

I went to Syria before it was cool.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
At the VA urgent care because my tonsils are killing me. It's not very "urgent" and they've got Fox News on talking about llamas and poo poo. :wtc:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Now entering the third hour of waiting to get some antibiotics. :woop:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Now entering the third hour of waiting to get some antibiotics. :woop:

You not got health insurance man? The VA is a scary loving nightmare. I bet you qualify for obamacare.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Obamacare is pretty swell.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Yeah, I do, but this is free. It's just slow as poo poo.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Went back to the VA today. Was just there Tuesday. They couldn't treat me Tuesday because I had to do my initial intake today.

Since they couldn't treat me Tuesday, they couldn't write me a note for missing class either.

The moral of the story is don't miss class even if you feel like you're gonna die if you're covered by the VA.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
When I was doing my inprocessing with the VA health system the other day, doc asked if I had any pain. So, I'm like "yeah, the usual headaches that I have all the time, some back pain and a little bit of pain in the my left knee".

So he ordered the rest of my meds, and they turned up today. And there is seriously the biggest pill bottle I've ever seen.

I have, quite literally, a half pound of ibuprofen here. And refills for 3 more. :stare:

At lest they don't gently caress around with meds.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Yeah, I do, but this is free. It's just slow as poo poo.

You are getting exactly what you aren't paying for.

Go get grownup health insurance.

It's 2015, and your not a 'nam vet.

I voted for Obamacare supporters for exactly this kinda poo poo. So you wouldn't have to VA it up and die on a wait list, and could instead use publicly subsidized private health insurance.

It's like the best possible loving solution given how our system works, and yet there you are, using the VA as your sole source of healthcare, aren't you?

SMDH.

Your that guy. GG. Enjoy your HAI, and lower life expectancy.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Pls go get obamacare.

The loving Islamic State has shorter wait times to see an emaciated and psychotic doc that looks suspiciously like Caro in 'rab garb, in motherfucking Raqqa, than the VA does at their best clinic here stateside.

:sigh:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Having job-subsidized insurance is pretty swell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

Your that guy. GG. Enjoy your HAI, and lower life expectancy.

I'm that guy too. :(

For now, anyway. Goddamn does it suck.

Besides, if the VA doesn't kill you, something else will.

• Locked thread