Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

The Taint Reaper posted:

Square has not even announced a Steam version.

They announced all three games for steam quite a while back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Lightning is Cloud, Quiet is Chico.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Let me tell you some of the things that happen in the game

Everyone stops aging so people live for 500 years(except for one person and nobody can explain why for that one side quest)

Odin is reincarnated as a Chocobo

You will undertake a quest where you must help a girl find out why her father and grand father both faked their own deaths

Fang is a leader of bandits now

Sazh is living in a crashed airship with his comatose son and you must collect parts of Dahj's soul which requires you to beat the living poo poo out of an Afro catacuar for one of the fragments

Vanille is living in a church trying to keep the chaos at bay with new magical secret powers she never had before.

Caius Ballad is still alive

Noel is Spiderman now, you will fight him

Snow is a Patron of a city which means he's a king. He will run away from you like a little bitch and lock himself in his room. You must talk to a stage director who thinks it's a good idea to intentionally blow up the stage almost killing all of his employees so you can enter the palace and there you must fight snow who then turns into a C'ieth but then turns back because you show him Serah's necklace.

Nothing from any of the previous two games have any bearing on this game's story at all.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

Everyone stops aging so people live for 500 years(except for one person and nobody can explain why for that one side quest)

You will undertake a quest where you must help a girl find out why her father and grand father both faked their own deaths

Sazh is living in a crashed airship with his comatose son and you must collect parts of Dahj's soul which requires you to beat the living poo poo out of an Afro catacuar for one of the fragments

Vanille is living in a church trying to keep the chaos at bay with new magical secret powers she never had before.

Snow is a Patron of a city which means he's a king. He will run away from you like a little bitch and lock himself in his room. You must talk to a stage director who thinks it's a good idea to intentionally blow up the stage almost killing all of his employees so you can enter the palace and there you must fight snow who then turns into a C'ieth but then turns back because you show him Serah's necklace.

Nothing from any of the previous two games have any bearing on this game's story at all.

You're right. Lightning Returns is a good game.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I'm really hoping that Final Fantasy 15 has a more stable narrative, because the three 13 games were all over the place.

Dec 26, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

everything about this sounds amazing

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Wow spoilers

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

chumbler posted:

You're right. Lightning Returns is a good game.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

01011001 posted:

everything about this sounds amazing

It's strangely unfulfilling because I'm almost done with the game and yet it feels I have not played at all.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
when i did the final boss fight a bug resulted in lightning screaming GOD IS DEAD on an infinite loop until the end of the fight

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

final fantasy 15 is the first time i've been interested in playing a final fantasy game. anyway i hope you enjoy your purchase OP. lightning looks cool

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the game play is really good and its prety challenging on hard mode. the adventurefeel is good too

ZX Speculum
Aug 18, 2006

Soiled Meat
Angelo is the one true Final Fantasy dog.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Post your favorite Final Fantasy dogs

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Pablo Gigante posted:

Post your favorite Final Fantasy dogs

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I did it I defeated all of the Main Quests in Lightning Returns

a few of the "The Last of" Monsters already started to pop up. I'm still waiting for the final Earth Eater and Chocobo eaters to appear though, they take a long rear end time to kill. However I have that physical damage immune outfit on.

I have 9 days left until the end of the world.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

I did it I defeated all of the Main Quests in Lightning Returns

a few of the "The Last of" Monsters already started to pop up. I'm still waiting for the final Earth Eater and Chocobo eaters to appear though, they take a long rear end time to kill. However I have that physical damage immune outfit on.

I have 9 days left until the end of the world.

The bonus dungeon has the Last Ofs of all the enemies, so if you're going for the eradication thing you can wait until then if you want.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

corn in the bible posted:

The bonus dungeon has the Last Ofs of all the enemies, so if you're going for the eradication thing you can wait until then if you want.

I know I'm just really afraid that I will run out of time during the last boss on the final floor since time doesn't stop while fighting in the Ultimate Liar.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

I'm not reading any of that but your a douche.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Don't forget to grab the item off the ground when you kill a LAST ONE, by the way. I missed a few by accident and they don't come back.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I just started. This game is pretty epic so far. I like the setting and swapping schemata or whatever in combat is pretty cool. I don't like how they changed the stagger gauge from something clearly readable to something less obvious, but that's no big deal. The side quests are cool too. Time limit seems fairly flexible but I've only just started the time limited areas so I will probably do some reading on how to maximize my time efficiency (not going to follow a guide for the whole game because that's boring and dumb).

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Silver Striker posted:

I just started. This game is pretty epic so far. I like the setting and swapping schemata or whatever in combat is pretty cool. I don't like how they changed the stagger gauge from something clearly readable to something less obvious, but that's no big deal. The side quests are cool too. Time limit seems fairly flexible but I've only just started the time limited areas so I will probably do some reading on how to maximize my time efficiency (not going to follow a guide for the whole game because that's boring and dumb).

did you start on easy or normal? Because you get rewarded more on easy.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

corn in the bible posted:

when i did the final boss fight a bug resulted in lightning screaming GOD IS DEAD on an infinite loop until the end of the fight

*feature

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I started on normal. Easy sounded too easy. And it's not like 13 or 13-2 were hard.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Silver Striker posted:

I started on normal. Easy sounded too easy. And it's not like 13 or 13-2 were hard.

Easy is better for your first play through because you can bring more stuff over to NG+

Easy and hard are the only difficulties where you're rewarded more for playing.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i was a little disappointed when i found out later that wasn't how it's supposed to work

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

More like Lightning Returns This Game To Gamestop Because She'd Rather Have $10 Than Play Any More Of This Piece Of poo poo

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

Easy is better for your first play through because you can bring more stuff over to NG+

Easy and hard are the only difficulties where you're rewarded more for playing.

:witch:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
hey guys i played final fantasy... and blood started pouring out of the cart? hyper realistic corpse graphics on my computer screeN? what the fUFck guys.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

THE PENETRATOR posted:

hey guys i played final fantasy... and blood started pouring out of the cart? hyper realistic corpse graphics on my computer screeN? what the fUFck guys.

That's the dlc

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Yeah the Aerith costume is regular DLC now instead of Limited Edition Store Exclusive.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Her name is Claire. lightning is a horrible nickname for a horrible character. if I called myself lightning people would make fun and they wouldn't call me it.

also how can she return if she never left??

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Overbite posted:

Her name is Claire. lightning is a horrible nickname for a horrible character. if I called myself lightning people would make fun and they wouldn't call me it.

She did leave.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Overbite posted:

did you not play 13-2?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Silver Striker posted:

She did leave.

She should have stayed gone.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Silver Striker posted:

She did leave.

Technicality. She was in the game a lot and was even on the cover of 2. Yes she "left" but wasn't even gone for that long. Especially if you add in the time travel paradox shenanigans.

elf help book posted:

did you not play 13-2?

yeah but it was bad so i stopped. Guess who didn't return (to it)? me

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
You use monster infusions in 13-2 to build this:

quote:

-- Blue Chocobo Build
This build results in a highly desirable Blue Chocobo with the following finished stats and abilities:

Level: 99
HP: 7049
Attack: 532
Magic: 1328
ATB: Level 6
Kill: ATB Charge (red)
HP: 30% (yellow)
Quick Stagger (yellow)
Role Resonance (yellow)
Magic: 35% (yellow)
Stagger Maintenance II (yellow)
Attack: ATK Charge II (yellow)
Siphon Bonus Boost II (yellow)
Chain Bonus Boost II (yellow)
Auto-Faith.

This repeatable build is accomplished by following these steps:

Stage I: Creating a Filter Monster from a Level 19 Mud Frog with 5 Red Locks
(1) Mud Frog lv19 with 5 red lock
(2) Infuse Mud Frog with <--- Level Zwerg Metrodroid #1
(3) Infuse Mud Frog with <--- Level 20 Zwerg Metrodroid - Stagger Maintenance II (Yellow Lock)
(4) Infuse Mud Frog with <--- Level 1 Luminous Puma #2
(5) Infuse Mud Frog with <--- Level 54 Forked Cat - HP 30% (Yellow Lock)
(6) Infuse Mud Frog with <--- Level 1 Yeoman #1
(7) Infuse Mud Frog with <--- Level 1 Yeoman - Attack: ATB Charge (Yellow Lock)
(8) Infuse Mud Frog with <--- Level 19 Fencer #1
(9) Infuse Mud Frog with <--- Level 19 Fencer - Quick Stagger & Siphon Boost II (Yellow Lock)

Stage 1 Notes:
#1 base to make yellow lock
#2 lower base for HP 10%

Stage II: Preparing the Blue Chocobo
(1) Level a Blue Chocobo to at least Level 86 (Resist 44%)
-- Level 11 thru 40 take Potent Material, the rest all Mana Material.
-- The priority is to increase the ATB gauge bonus.

(1) Blue Chocobo Level 86 and up
(2) Infuse Blue Chocobo with <--- Level 30 Frag Leech #1
(3) Infuse Blue Chocobo with <--- Level 30 Frag Leech - Role Resonance (yellow lock)
(4) Infuse Blue Chocobo with <--- Level 45 Flanbanero #3
(5) Infuse Blue Chocobo with <--- Level 22 Tonberry - Magic 35% (yellow lock)
(6) Infuse Blue Chocobo with <--- Level 30 Pink Lily - Chain Bonus Boost II (yellow lock) #3
(7) Now Level 86 Blue Chocobo has 1 Red Lock, 3 Yellow Lock and 4 White.

Stage II Notes:
#3 Take all of the magic spells Fire, Fira, Thunder, and etc..

Stage III: Final Assembly

(1) Infuse Level 86 Blue Chocobo with <--- Level 19 Mud Frog
(2) The fully-built Level 86 Blue Chocobo will now have the following:

(a) Kill: ATB Charge (Red)
(b) HP: 30% (Yellow)
(c) Quick Stagger (Yellow)
(d) Role Resonance (Yellow)
(e) Magic: 35% (Yellow)
(f) Stagger Maintenance II (Yellow)
(g) Attack: ATK Charge II (Yellow)
(h) Siphon Bonus Boost II (Yellow)
(i) Critical: Haste

and then just kill everything in your path with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Overbite posted:

Technicality. She was in the game a lot and was even on the cover of 2. Yes she "left" but wasn't even gone for that long. Especially if you add in the time travel paradox shenanigans.
She was frozen in a Dracula pose for 500 years or whatever.

• Locked thread