Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.

Cole posted:

dude got so much poo poo from G-level leadership for that photo, along with his entire command group from what i remember. they were so butthurt that he wasnt in full uniform.

Yeah but Gates himself said he was impressed so I would have kindly told all of them to suck my cock and invited them to spend the night in the patrol base the next time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

So I decided to go see a recruiter about reenlisting, no loving applebees for free? This is bullshit

:smug: suuuure we can get you an 18x contract! You'll have to do a couple weeks of 11b osut then you're off airborne/ air assault!
:colbert: how many weeks exactly?
:smug: well... Its usually a few but we cant say for certain

hahahahahaha you have a wonderful day Sarnt

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

LeoMarr posted:

So I decided to go see a recruiter about reenlisting, no loving applebees for free? This is bullshit

:smug: suuuure we can get you an 18x contract! You'll have to do a couple weeks of 11b osut then you're off airborne/ air assault!
:colbert: how many weeks exactly?
:smug: well... Its usually a few but we cant say for certain

hahahahahaha you have a wonderful day Sarnt

shoulda went in saying "well I had a few ideas, either I want to be a fueler, veterinary worker, switchboard operator, or 18X"

What's a day like as a counterintelligence agent? That job always sounded cool as gently caress on paper, wear civilian clothes and get a fancy badge to flash around.

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

Justin Tyme posted:

What's a day like as a counterintelligence agent? That job always sounded cool as gently caress on paper, wear civilian clothes and get a fancy badge to flash around.

It all depends whether you are in a tactical unit or a strategic unit. Strategic is the suit and badge work, tactical has a lot of stuff that can't be talked about in a forum like this. Basically if you're already airborne you are going to a tactical unit, if not then your first year will probably be strategic in Korea. And flashing the fancy badge doesn't happen much considering there's a whole block of training called "Misuse of Badge and Credentials" with many many hilarious stories such as a (former)CI Agent using his badge to solicit a prostitute.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

BaconAndBullets posted:

It all depends whether you are in a tactical unit or a strategic unit. Strategic is the suit and badge work, tactical has a lot of stuff that can't be talked about in a forum like this. Basically if you're already airborne you are going to a tactical unit, if not then your first year will probably be strategic in Korea. And flashing the fancy badge doesn't happen much considering there's a whole block of training called "Misuse of Badge and Credentials" with many many hilarious stories such as a (former)CI Agent using his badge to solicit a prostitute.

why does CID send the freshest looking "Joes" to spy on units.

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us
https://archive.org/details/gov.archives.arc.36106

Gooble Gobble fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Mar 1, 2015

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Isn't CI something you apply for after you're already in?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Correct. Although for a while there you could walk in off the street.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

How long do army qualifications/schools/clearances last for once you get out anyway? Say if I was airborne qualified at what point would I not be able to reenlist and wear the badge?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Justin Tyme posted:

How long do army qualifications/schools/clearances last for once you get out anyway? Say if I was airborne qualified at what point would I not be able to reenlist and wear the badge?

Pretty sure the badge shows up on your DD-214? If so, you keep it forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Justin Tyme posted:

The qualification and the badge are different animals. The qualification depends on the governing regulation: if you haven't jumped in X number of days, you're probably non-current/unqualified, and would have to go through a re-qualification program to regain jump status. The badge can be worn forever after you have been awarded it.

• Locked thread