Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Deleter
May 22, 2010

"Helloooo, everybody!"

The noise from the crowd almost drowns out the music of the Pepla Arena. It's almost a physical pressure on you, as much as the sweltering heat from the floodlights and hundereds of thousands of bodies packed into the stands.

"Wow, what a crowd!" Lazaraus Chau's dulcet tones boom over everything else, rattling your bones. "I'm Lazarus Chau as always, and welcome to the SEMI-FINALS OF THE TFN SUMMER CHAMPIONSHIP! We've got a blistering line-up for you folks! The Downtown Dragouts against the Twelve Horsemen, and the Awful Somethings against the Down Under Down-and-Outs, all spilling sweat and blood for a chance at fame and glory, and a sweet sponsorship with TFN at the end! Hoo boy!"

You're standing in the tunnels of the arena, out of sight of the crowds for the moment, making final preparations. Malcome Reginald's flunkies dart around him, making tune-ups to his suit. Mister Finch's knives are clean, and DEAD CASTLE's machete is filthy. Turbo Picante's coach is psyching him up - not that he needs the help. And Rex Stuart - well, your crew is wishing you good luck.

"Before we begin, a word from our sponsor. PEPLA - We Own a Continent! Free drinks for every fatality! Hope you lot are planning on getting diabetes, ahaha! Oh, also, to the concerned parents in Row Upsilon Seat 33 - we found your son! But we're keeping him. Hiyooo! Okay folks, are you ready for our first match? The Awful Somethings are about to make their entrance, and what a track record they have! Man, when Finch and Castle gutted that Hungarian Worm-Shark back in the Quarter-finals, we knew we got something special! Speaking of special, here's Casey Catastrophe, live with the team now!"

Casey herself comes down the corridor, all nano-scrubbed skin and fake breasts, flanked by a buzzing cloud of camera drones and hovering microphones. "Farmer Jones' Country Girl Clones" flashes briefly under her skin as she grins at the cameras.

"Why, thanks, Chau!" Her southern honey accent sends the crowd into another roaring frenzy. She turns to you on one booted foot. "You fellas look mighty pumped up! Y'all boys got anything to say to the Austrailian side b'fore the match?"

You're speaking to about eight hundred thousand people, who will believe every word you say. What do you say?

Folks, post your sheets in here with your first post, and keep a record of your Fate Points! I start with 5 Fate Points, by the way.

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Mr. Finch - 5/5 FP

Mortimer was tired.

The match was scheduled much later at night then normal to account for surprise unpaid overtime day, and the noise was distracting to say the least. A lot of people out to watch him on his daily mandatory exercise with his good friend Mister Castle, and the other 3 who he occasionally remembered the names of. His explosive collar was itching again, he reached for it but he remembered the conversation he had this morning.

"Yes Mister Warden Sir, I will not take my Explosive collar off. No Mister Warden sir, I will not slip out of it like I did last time. No Mister Warden sir, I don't know anything about any missing streakers sir. I apologize Sir, I thought you asked."

Deciding he didn't need another stern talking to from the Warden, he left it alone, and found himself with a Microphone in his face. Australian boys, who? Oh wait yes of course, the other team. He was terrible with names at the best of times, and of people he was intending to help on their way to the meat processing plants he was even more terrible. But he had to say something right?

"Not really ma'am. I can let my actions in this upcoming match speak for themselves. I think they will find them to be very cutting remarks. Hah."

quote:

Mortimer REDACTED AKA Mr. Finch

High Concept: Maximum-Security Mutant Malefactor
Trouble: Hair Trigger Psychopath
Sponsor: Alcatraz Incorporated - Incarceration, for the Nation!
Additional: A Thin Veneer of Affability
Additional: Slippery like an Eel

Approaches:
+3: Sneaky
+2: Quick, Clever
+1: Careful, Flashy
+0: Forceful

Stunts:
Because I have a 'Nuts About Knives' Subscription, I get a +2 to Sneakily Attack when I am wielding or throwing knives.
Because I can see The Spaces between Spaces, for one fate point, I can move myself to anywhere within eye-shot as long as no one is watching me.
Because I am Unnaturally Fast I get a +2 to Quickly Overcome attempts to capture or impede my movement.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Feb 15, 2015

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Rex "CUTTING EDGE" Stuart - FP 5/5

quote:

High Concept: Jobber 4 Life
Trouble: Contracted to Lose
Sponsor: Undine Contractors: For Every Problem, A Solution
Additional: Man of a Thousand Faces
Additional: Veteran of the Field

Approaches:
+3: Flashy
+2: Clever, Careful
+1: Quick, Forceful
+0: Sneaky

Stunts:
Because I Have been At This Business For A Long Time, I get a +2 to Flashily create an Advantage by impressing the crowd
Because I Know How To Lose Without Being Hurt, once per game session I can put myself out of danger and make it look awesome.
Because Anybody who is Anybody In the Business Knows Me, I get a +2 to Cleverly overcome troublesome social situations involving my job.

A team! Rex could not remember the last time he was in a team. He DID remember what had happened to those poor shucks. Well, these guys were…

Mr. de Winder had enough gear on him to make just about anything he had ever worn look like a toy. Mortimer and Dead Castle were crazy bastards. As for Turbo? Now that was a guy that knew how to work a crowd!

So, they were more promising than the last guys.

He is already geared up, of course. The heavy helmet going over his head and down his back covered most of his facial features, only really revealing his mouth (or rather, his teeth. Never could get used to those kinds of implants). His arms had been replaced by two large, wicked claws (From Undine Contractors: cut open reinforced steel as if it were paper!). If it wasn't for the harness going around his back and reinforcing his legs, he likely wouldn't be able to stand up!

But stand up he does, roaring to the sky as Casey addressed them.

"TINY PERSON!" he bellows, voice ringing surprisingly clear despite the mouth implants. "CUTTING EDGE will chop them up! Into tiny itty bitty pieces! And then! And then he will SHIP those itty bitty pieces back to their little island… in separate matchboxes!"

He roars again, flailing at his crew in a well rehearsed choreography that sends them all scattering back.

Heh. Dumb brutes never go out of style.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
M. R. de Winter
5/5 FP

Kumaton posted:

WIP

Malcolme Reginald de Winter, CEO of Trans-Formatics Enterprises

High Concept: Combat-Ready CEO
Trouble: The Ultimate Heel
Sponsor: Trans-Formatics - A Brighter Future, a Safer World
Additional: Trillion-Dollar Death Machine

Approaches:
+3: Clever
+2: Forceful, Flashy
+1: Careful, Quick
+0: Sneaky

Stunts:
Because I am So Goddamned Rich, I get +2 whenever I Cleverly create an advantage by throwing a lot of loving money at the problem.
Because I Have Excellent Foresight, I can spend a Fate Point to declare that my suit has exactly the right function or weapon for the situation.
Because my suit is Made of Unobtanium, I get +2 whenever I Forcefully Overcome something.

Malcolme sat in his suit motionless, watching the screen before him light up with notifications as his technicians enabled the various weapons and functions. Chainguns loaded and ready, feet treads moving at a max of 50 MPH, finger pen's ink topped off...everything was coming up roses.
When the mic came around to him, he flashed his winning smile and spoke in his actually trademarked European mix accent.
"Well, I don't think we'll have much trouble, too be honest. I've seen Mortimer's skills with a knife, that Cutting Edge fellow is the next best thing to one of these suits (available custom-order from Trans-Formatics), Picante is an acrobat in the air, and DEAD CASTLE's, well, DEAD CASTLE. Also, I've already sent the other team's families a condolance gift basket and a signed headshot of myself...be awfully embarrassing if we lose."

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Turbo Picante - 5/5 FP

Turbo waits calmly till the mic makes its way to him. "Dearest friends, these vile opponents shall not triumph. Each blow we strike shall be a victory for Truth! Each back we break shall be for Justice! Every face smashed will be for you, The People!" Turbo raises a needle, glowing with a sickly blue ooze, and stabs it into his neck.

His body immediately begins to shift and melt, muscles swelling beneath flesh, pupils dilating, and bones popping. Turbo's eyes bulge with a righteous fury as his voice drops an octave and he bellows louder and louder: "I swear this day: Goodness will overcome Badness! Weakness will be crushed by Strongness! We will send these fools back to the hell they came from! I need know only one thing!" -Turbo raises his now massive fists in the air- "ARE YOU WITH ME!?"

code:
Turbo Picante

High Concept: La Ultima Técnica!
Trouble]: Cantankerous Chemical Cocktail
Sponsor: EZStab - Don't Think Twice!
Additional: Code of the Lucha Libre
Additional: Dr. Turbo Picante

Approaches
----
+3 Quick
+2 Clever and Flashy
+1 Careful and Forceful
+0 Sneaky

Stunts
----
Because I am Always Tweakin', I can spend a fate point to describe a specific chemical in the day's cocktail and its special effects.
Because I am An Aerial Acrobat, I get a +2 bonus whenever I attack quickly and have a ring or other props to gain a height advantage. 
Because I am A Face of Justice, I can spend a fate point to find a fan or ally who supports my cause in a pinch.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
DEAD CASTLE FP 5/666 5

DEAD CASTLE stands among its erstwhile colleagues, a neon black shadow with magnesium eyes. Impassively, it regards the bustling life around it, as if evaluating it. Jealously? Angrily? Hungrily? Who knows.
The mic is suddenly in front of what might be regarded as its face. A pause. Is that white noise creeping into the PA as the mic brushes too close to it? The silence becomes uncomfortable.

Finally:

SCREAMING HELL-FUTURE
THE AGE OF MAN DROWNS IN BLOOD
KISSNTELL DOT COM

That's it. Time to kill some Australians.

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

High Concept: Weird Murder-Ghost
Trouble: Not a People Person, Maybe Not a Person at All?
Sponsor: KissNTell: The Future of Makeouts!
Additional: MacGuyver of Messy Murder
Additional: A Wide Array of Horrible Implements

+3 Forceful
+2 Flashy and Quick
+1 Careful and Sneaky
+0 Clever

Because it Flickers Like a Nightmare, DEAD CASTLE gets +2 to Quickly Defend against ranged attacks.
Because Fear is For Living Humans, DEAD CASTLE gets +2 to Forcefully Attack targets larger than itself.
Because it Is a Horrifying Abomination in the Eyes of Man and God, DEAD CASTLE can inflict a mild consequence of "poo poo-Scared" when a fate point is paid.

Vulpes Vulpes fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Feb 3, 2015

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Casey smiles at all of your comments (yes, even DEAD CASTLE). "Well, sounds like you boys are 'bout ready to go! Chau?"

"I couldn't agree more! Besides, the Down Unders speak a weird mutant Aussie lingo that nobody can translate, so interviewing them would be pointless! Hahaha! Well, let's get this started! We all know the rules - Last Man Standing wins it for their team! Who's up for some THURSDAAAAY FIIIIGHT NIIIIGHT?"

That''s your cue! The door drops open, and you're running down the ramp, into the arena.

The Pepla arena is, basically, a big donut. You're coming in where the red arrow is, and there's walls that prevent you from seeing the other side. However, the outer edge is Open to the Crowd - and boy, the stands are packed! The Bright Sunlight marks out the girders and metal plates that the arena is pretty much built exclusively out of, and each section has a series of fallen "rubble" sections and low walls for Convenient Cover. There's also a platform in the middle - probably got some goodies, if your studies of the reruns in this arena are any indication. What do you do? Where do you go?

Each quadrant, and the platform in the middle, is its own zone.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Turbo Picante - 5/5 FP

Turbo sprints down the ramp, chems pumping through his veins, going faster and faster. As he reaches the arena, he takes a massive leap, hitting the cusp of the inner wall. Arms bulging, he pulls himself over the ledge and stands looking into the center of the arena. He raises a hand to screen his eyes from the light, looking at the center platform and for his first opponent.

Quick +3 Roll to Create Advantage: 4dF+3 3

Assuming I got a success here with a total of 3. Creating aspect I Have The High Ground with a free tag up for grabs. What kinda goodies we got?

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

DEAD CASTLE FP 5/5

DEAD CASTLE strides forward, not quickly, not slowly, but just...inexorably. Its head cocked from one side to the other, spotlight eyes panning from one end of the arena to the other as it appeared to be looking for a target for its impersonal, murderous malice.

It pauses a moment, then regards its machete. As if finding it wanting, it throws the machete to the ground, sticking the point in the grounds of the arena. It rummages around in the depths of its coat, as if looking for something, then produces, with a flourish (was that a flourish? From DEAD CASTLE?) a long-bladed hedge trimmer.

Despite itself, the crowd goes wild.

Flashily creating an advantage off my aspect of A Wide Array of Horrible Implements (if that's how it works, I'm new to FAE. If it's out of order, I'll revise the post):
Create Advantage: 4dF+2 2

Vulpes Vulpes fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Feb 6, 2015

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

You don't create advantages (moment-to-moment aspects that can be tagged by friendlies) from character aspects, but instead based off a successful approach "create advantage roll." Which you did successfully, so this is really just sperg.

The only real difference is that you could "create advantage" based on something going on in-game that isn't thematically (read: one of your aspects) tied to your character. The fact that you made your Flashy "create advantage" roll and tied it to your character is just gravy. :)

Been a while since I ran a FATE game, so take this with a grain of salt.

e: spellin gud

tokenbrownguy fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Feb 6, 2015

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Mr. Finch - 5/5 FP

Bright sunlight, low cover, open aired stadiums and thousands of eyes watching were not the best conditions to be stealthy in by any definition. But he is, if not anything else, good at what he does without 'enhancements'. Cloaking technology is a crutch, plain and simple, Mortimer preferred to do his wetwork the old fashioned way. Putting up his hood, and ducking in around some rubble, he made sure he didn't think anyone could see him and made his way towards the middle.

Sneakily moving towards the middle platform, 4dF+3 = 3

I am not 100% if this action counts as a Defend action or an Overcome action

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Feb 9, 2015

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
M.R. de Winter
5/5 FP

de Winter immediately zips out of the gate, surrounded by boos and the occasional clapping from T-F workers. Observing the situation a bit, and figuring that he'd only end up being a big target by climbing up the platform, he runs towards the right, revs up his chainguns, and starts blasting around the 'corner' of the platform in a completely calculated and planned manner while simultaneously coordinating the after party.

Forcefully Creating Advantage: Wall of Lead: 4dF+2=0

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Rex "CUTTING EDGE" Stuart - FP 5/5

Cutting Edge plods out heavily of their starting zone, well behind the others. He roars at the crowd at large, taking a few moments to raise his arms to the sky, and slashing his claws together, causing a shower of sparks all around him, even as the sound of the claws impacting each other sound loud and clear... especially to those in the front seats! (getting hit by a stray spark is in fact just in part of the EXPERIENCE).

With that done, he growls, looking around for the enemies that clearly aren't there. Finally making a decition, he charges off to the left-- after all, Mr. de Winter has the right covered, and it's never smart to get in the way of a multimillionare in a power suit.

---

[url=http://orokos.com/roll/253229]4dF+5: 3: Flashily creating an advantage+impressing the crowd stunt: advantage is All Eyes On Me

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Center Platform

Mr Finch manages to sneak to the middle platform - there's a bunch of flimsy bridges, but he's fast enough to hide his approach. Turbo Picante, however, isn't as subtle. The middle platform has a pretty complicated looking piece of machinery, with a big old dial on it and a big red button. The dial is slowly creeping from green to red, as if something is building up.

"Oh, looks like Turbo and Finch have made for the MicroMaster! Quick reminder for the folks - this weapon is technically illegal,. but the government that passed that law is now so much radioactive ash. Anyone who hits the button once it's charged gets to fry the competition with a burst of red hot radiation! Looks like Turbo and Finch are gonna have to hold onto it - here comes the Down-Under's head honcho!"

A brown blur leaps over the gap between the platform and the outer ring, landing in front of Turbo Picante.

quote:

Shanky the Murderoo
High Concept: Mutant Kangaroo Bastard
Trouble: Anarchy in the Arena
Sponsor: JunkArms - Reduce, Reuse, Reload!

+3 Clever
+2 Flashy and Quick
+1 Forceful and Sneaky
+0 Careful

Can leap over tall things due to being a kangaroo.

Stress: 0 0 0

Shanky grins. There's flies all around his head. "Yew baggah, Picante! Gunna rip yew a nyu wun!" He lifts his SMG up, balancing on his tail, and sends a spray of bullets at Turbo. He's not seemed to notice Mr Finch yet...

Forcefully Attack: 4dF+1 1 Defend, quick!

--

Left Side

Rex Stuart is accompanied by the cheers of the crowd, which turns into a gasp of horror as a bullet whistles past his ear. There's a gantry crossing over the middle section of the upper half of the donut, and on it sits a shadowed figure.

quote:

Down Under Dead-Eye
Cold Sniper and Colder Lager, Sponsored by Lord Foster's - It's Just Piss Now

+2 to attacking from afar, staying outta trouble
- 2 to reacting quickly, not getting tunnel vision

Stress: 0 0

The cloaked figure shouts something in a mangled Aussie dialect - you think it might be "Piss off!" Then it raises the rifle and begins to unload, not hitting you but threatening you with the possibility. That, or it's drunk.

Creating Aspect: Pinning Fire: 4dF+2 4

"Oh, doggie!" That's Casey Catastrophe. "Looks like poor Rex is havin' trouble!"

Thanks, Casey. You can try and negate this by beating his roll, or just let the Aspect be created and try and fight back anyway.

--

Right Side

Winter's bullets meet a bunch of... well, these guys, coming the other way.

quote:

Horrible Mutants
Wot U Lookin' At?, Sponsored by AusCorp - Al Our Citizens Are Disposable

+2 to charging at stuff, taking cover
-2 to not dying, thinking laterally

Stress: None (4 mutants)

You take out two of the mutants in the group via sheer bullet-storm, but there's four left over. They scream and chatter as they charge towards you, heedless of the bullets you're sending out. You've got a moment before they're on you - what do you do?

You can use your aspect to further boost your attacks and murder the crap out of these poor mooks - each shift of damage will take one out.

--

DEAD CASTLE

"Hey, look at that! Everybody loves Dead Castle! Everybody! They certainly don't remember the time he beat the Power Armor Pop Stars to death with their own legs! Not at all! We love you, Dead Castle!"

Man, Chau's making GBS threads himself.

Your ghostly life-detecting senses - you know, the ones that mean nobody escapes you - can pick out a bunch of disgusting Aussies around the arena. Rex is being shot at by a drunk person, Winter is mowing down some mutants, and Finch and Picante are fighting a kangaroo. There's a lot to choose from, but the crowd's backing you up in spirit, if not in body. What do you do?

--

[map goes here when i get spare time]

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Turbo Picante - 3/5 FP
Current Advantages -

Turbo gracefully pirouettes into the air - above the stream of bullets - a begins one of signature moves: THE TURBO PICANTE FLYING SIZZLER! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT21_s9ayjs

Quick +3 Defend: 4dF+3 0 poo poo! Burning a fate point.
Quick +3 Defend ReRoll: 4dF+3 4 That's more like it! Got a boost. Calling it Sun In Your Eyes!

Turbo begins his decent, howling in frenzy to the crowd, his team, and the mutant kangaroo. With a mighty crash, Turbo grapples the 'Roo, twisting the creature's grotesque frame around and around before slamming it into the arena.

Tagging both I Have The High Ground and Sun In Your Eyes for their free invokes, and utilizing Turbo's Aerial Acrobat stunt for a whopping +6 to Turbo's Quick +3. Let's burn a Fate Point and tag Turbo's High Concept La Ultima Técnica! because why not? This is what he lives for! That's a total of +11! :v: Maybe I should rewrite the stunt to use Forceful instead of Quick?

Quick +11 Attack: 4dF+11 11 Suck it you overarmed piece of roadkill! Defend vs. 11 Attack!

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Mr.Finch - 5/5 FP - 1 FP

"Huh"

Mr.Finch did plan on stabbing that very mouthy Kangaroo in the face until he died, but watching the muscly wrestler suplex the marsupial into the concrete he decided that he could handle it without his help.

Instead he looked at how in the distance an equally unpleasant looking man was being very unpleasant to his other friend Mister Rex... At least he thought it was Mister Rex, but it doesn't matter he was a Sniper, Snipers are never good news to keep around, especially one who got himself into such an advantage point.

He needed to be dealt with.

Everyone had eyes on Picante beating the fudge out of a talking Kangaroo. But no one was entirely sure when Mortimer had left the middle area, or how he was climbing his way up the Gantry. They were going to see the result.

First, burning a Fate point to use with Space Between Spaces to move me out of the central zone and up onto that gantry. I think a muscled super wrestler doing repeated German suplexes on a kangaroo will be enough to keep the eyes and cameras off of me for that moment. +3 to Sneakily Stab that foo' and combine with my Subscription to Nuts about Knives Magazine for +5 on the roll in total

Sneakily Attacking Dead-Eye = 4dF+5: 7

He won't enjoy this

When he had sneaked up on Dead-Eye, he gave the Sniper a polite tap on the shoulder.

"Hi there" He said as the knife darted out from his coat aimed at his liver.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Feb 10, 2015

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

DEAD CASTLE FP 5/5

Its glowing eyes locked on the manky kangaroo as Turbo Picante, DEAD THING LIVING ON POISON ELECTRIC SHEARS CUT IT JUST AS EASILY JUSTICE'S GREATEST CHAMPION began a series of complicated signature moves. It began to climb the plinth that the two were fighting on, well, not so much climb but eerily walk up the side as if DEAD CASTLE had little more than a nodding relationship with gravity.

Going after the kangaroo provided there's anything left when TP gets done with the Sizz.

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Rex "CUTTING EDGE" Stuart - FP 4/5

Guns. Long range guns. The first rule is to deny their advantage, either by getting somewhere where they cannot hit you or close the distance as fast as you can.

Oh, also, not get shot.

The arrangement of the arena doesn't really help with the getting away part, so closing the distance is the best option.

So CUTTING EDGE rips out a piece of the wall with his claws, holding it in front of him as he advances. It doesn't work QUITE the way he hopes, for the chunk he rips off is not as large as he needs to... but it's more interesting for the audience!

---

Clevelry denying an advantage: 4dF+2=1 Ouch! Burning a FP to call up Veteran of The Fields to raise that to +3 at least. And... can I give Mr. Finch my All Eyes On Me to help with his shanking?

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
M.R. de Winter
5/5 FP

de Winter sneered at the charging group of horrible Australians, doubly so because his spray of bullets only took out two, and none of the other mutants noticed in their pursuit of blood, flesh, and other traditional Australian cuisine.
"Oh, you pissbags! Think bullets won't hurt you? Well, how about yourselves?" Just as he finishes his sentence, he charges into the middle of the horde-of-four, grabs one of the corpses in his battle suit's massive fingers, and takes a mighty swing at the remaining mutants.

Beating motherfuckers with other motherfuckers (invoking the Wall of Lead aspect) 4dF+2 = 5 Invoking the aspect because, well, due to it, two mutants are now dead. If it doesn't make sense I'll just reroll it as a Forceful or Clever attack.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Central Platform

Gonna try and Defend Clevery!

Defend Clevery: 4dF+3 3 I'llsppend a Fate Point to use Mutant Kangaroo Bastard to Reroll. Defend Clevery: 4dF+3 2

Hahahaha GM FP = 9 (got 5 from player spending)

You instantly loving murder Shanky the Kangaroo.

I don't have anything planned for that.

"HOLY loving poo poo," screams Chau, in defiance of anti-explitive laws. The crowd goes absolutely loving ballistic, screaming your name. The camera-bots flit down from the rafters, taking pictures of you and desperately asking questions about your eating habits, your lifestyle, movies deals, everything.

Trubo Picante, You Made It. Somehow.

Okay, now what? You can see Finch dispatch a goon on the left side, and de Winter owning some mutants on the right. On the other hand, now would be a kickass time to try and climb the ladders of promotions, sponsors and coprorate back-slapping. What do you do?

Also DEAD CASTLE made it. The Kangaroo had a pretty nice machete. But your senses detect something, something that normal eyes can't see.

DEAD CASTLE, roll to act against the mysterious presence...

---

Left Side

Defending!: 4dF-2 1

The Dead-eye doesn't even get time to swear before you drop the gently caress out of him. His limp corpse tumbles to the floor in a sad display. That's TFN, bitches.

"Hoo, doggies!" Caesy gives a cheer over the intercom. "That sure showed him!"

So, it looks like Rex didn't need that cover. But he does find a use for it when a fist the size of his head bounces off the shield, causing his head to ring.

quote:

The Chuggernaut
Really Big Robot, Pinata of Pain
+2 to Blunt Force, Resisting Small-arms Fire
-2 to Moving Quickly, Tracking fast Targets
Stress: 0 0 0

"Oh, hey, it's the Chuggernaut! He wandered off last week, I wondered where he got to! Hey, a packet of un-mutated tomato seeds to whoever can bag him!"

The robotic mascot of TFN promtply grabs Stuart and begins to slam him around the arena. Wonderful. To make matters worse, the crowd want those tomato seeds pretty bad, and small-arms fire begins whistling in from the stands - the bullets ping off of the Chuggernaut, but not so much you.

Creating Advantage "Dazed and Confused": 4dF+2 2

Burning a Fate Point to invoke Pinata of Pain for the reroll.

Creating Advantage Reroll: 4dF+2 3 Going to tag Open to the Crowd and Really Big Robot to boost it to a +7. GM FP: GM FP = 6

---

Right Side

Defending!: 4dF-2 0

Burning an FP to use Wot U Lookin At to reroll.

Defending!: 4dF-2 -4 GM FP = 5

Those fuckers die. You clobber them so hard they explode, and then the guy you're holding explodes too. And then a nearby camera explodes.

Have a boost - feel free to name it whatever you like.

There's another band of mutants coming ahead - same as last time, equally dumb, but they've managed to rig up a Machine Gun Emplacement just ahead. The air begins to whine as they fill the air with lead, and it's probably won't hurt you, but it's really anooying!

Overcoming Wall of Lead with their own wall of lead!
Overcoming Wall of Lead to remove it!: 4dF 0

The bullets are throwing your targeting sensors - your suit keeps up the barrage of bullets at the new crowd of mutants, but you have only a moment before your guns go haywire! What do you do?

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Rex "CUTTING EDGE" Stuart - FP 2/5

"... Ah, crud."

Rex doesn't get to mutter much more than that before she's being tossed around like a ragdoll. All the padding in the world couldn't make this hurt less.

"Ow!*WHAM* --sonova *WHAM* --stupid *WHAM* --freak-- *WHAT* --botyou--*WHAM*"

Finally, Rex simply does the first thing that comes to mind and grips the closest object he can. It turns out to be one of the walls from the arena. The powerful claws do just as advertized, and rip the reinforced steel right off the ground, leaving him gripping the large block in his hands.

As the Chuggernaut swings him one more time, Rex swings in turn, to SMASH the former wall against the robot's head mid swing.

4dF+1: 4 Forcefully attacking the robot to FEED IT SOME METAL.

Burning two FPs to invoke Undine Contractors: For Every Problem, A Solution and Veteran of the Field to make it a +8 :black101:

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
M.R. de Winter
5/5 FP

Naming the boost Step Up

All in all, de Winter was pleased with himself. Apparently, all those years playing hyper-baseball can help you explode Australians by sheer force. Delightfu! All he had left was a scarred foot with a suprisngly sharp piece of bone fragment jutting out of it.
His admiration of his new trophy was cut short when more goddamned mutants showed up, with a beat up machine gun to boot.
"Oh, for gently caress's sake." At first, de Winter simply kept up his own machine gun fire, but in the nick of goddamned time, his information screen lit up with warnings about sustained firing and overheating and other stuff that he'd have to work on after the match. Quickly, he tried to find a solution to this annoyance. He glanced down at the foot, shrugged as much as his confining suit would allow, and put his targeting and trajectory systems to work.

Cleverly Attacking by throwing a foot at the mutant manning the gun's stupid loving face, bone first - 4dF+3 = 1

Invoking the boost Step Up since it's a really sharp bone, I swear to make that +3, and I'll spend a Fate Point to invoke the character aspect Trillion-Dollar Death Machine because these are probably one of the best targeting computers on the planet to make that a total of +5

Kumaton fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Feb 15, 2015

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

DEAD CASTLE FP 4/5

DEAD CASTLE's head orbited slowly to the left, and then the right, running it's eyes all around it in an effort to divine what it was that was probing at it with invisible fingers. There were a number of ways to address this available to any seasoned fighter: seek out the eldritch attack, remove one's self from the area, attempt to put another in the crosshairs...As said, any number of ways out.
But ways out were for men. Monsters didn't have fear. Monsters didn't quail in the face of the unknown, for the unknown was where they lived.

Forcefully Overcome/Defend: 4dF+3 2, Invoking "Weird Murder-Ghost" to give it a +2 for +4

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Turbo Picante - 3/5 FP
Current Advantages - You Made It

Turbo wraps his arms around the limp roo's neck, biceps flexing. With a mighty twist he rips the head off the beast's corpse and presents the trophy to the camera drones. "Behold! The powers granted to me by EZStab's amazing products ensure TRUTH-" spittle flies from his mouth and flecks a nearby drone, "-and JUSTICE!"

He walks over to the insane contraption at the center of the arena. "NONE SHALL STAND BEFORE MY RIGHTEOUSNESS!" With a roar, Turbo spikes Shanky's head directly into the MicroMaster's button.

Fingers crossed, hopefully this don't count as the Aussies hitting the button. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Mr. Finch - 4/5 FP - 1 FP

This match was pretty much over the moment the Wrestler dealt with the strongest member of the enemy team. Now that just leaves the rest of the chaff. From his vantage point Mortimer took a good luck at the surroundings. The mutants are being dealt with, he doubted Mr de Winter would need help any time soon. Dead Castle and the Wrestler can hold the middle area just fine without him, and Mr Rex.

Oh dear, Chugganaut got him, and if Mortimer knew anything getting hit by Chugganaut really hurts. Stepping in again to help wouldn't hurt, so Mortimer started a good run up along the gantry towards Rex. And then took a giant leap.

Quickly Overcome 'Don't die from this Swan Dive = 4dF+2: -1

Oh dear, this will end badly unless I invoke an aspect... Good thing this arena is Open to the Crowd, I hope they are soft to land on.

Mr. Finch was a quick man to be sure, and mid fall he quickly realized that he had overshot severely, and was going to land on the concrete below.

"Oh bother, this is going to end up on Friday Botch Night" He thought "But I would rather it not be about me hitting the pavement like a rotten watermelon". Whipping out a hand he quickly grabbed onto one of the support struts, and with a grunt of exertion redirected his plummet towards the crowd. The Warden is going to hate this for sure but he would understand his intentions.

'Who wants autographs!?' Screamed Mr. Finch, as he fell into the stands.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Feb 19, 2015

• Locked thread