Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Weidman's MMA Hour interview sounds awesome. I haven't been able to listen to it but the write up is here:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/2/3/7967577/chris-weidman-pissed-off-at-mental-midget-vitor-belfort-s-response-to

quote:

"I went from feeling bad for him to pissed off at him," Weidman said. "I'm just like, are you kidding me?

"First of all, Vitor, he failed a drug test. That's his second drug test that he failed. Usually he'd be out for at least a year, but I think they tested him when there was no bout agreement, so they couldn't really punish him the way they wanted to. He wasn't licensed. So the guy's lucky as anything that he's not in trouble. I mean, he's a two-time convicted juicehead at this point and he's not realizing that. I understand that he hasn't fought in a long time, but that's his fault. I fought. I fought in July. That's six months ago, against Machida.

"This [injury] is just unfortunate," Weidman added. "But for him to be complaining, for a guy who's failing drug tests and shouldn't even be able to fight until this February, because he failed a test last February or March, is just crazy to me."

The entire situation, in general, has been rough for Weidman to watch from sidelines, and the champ admits that he got "depressed" for a few days after his injury dropout was made official.

"I'm kinda coming out of it now, but it's just really tough for me," Weidman admitted. "I just feel like, you know, I've fought through so many injuries. Every time I'm in a fight there's nagging injuries and stuff like that, but I've fought through some significant injuries that most guys would pull out for, and I was more than willing to do something like that for this fight if it was to come up, but this is just something I couldn't do.

"It just sucks because Vitor, I think, is a great match-up for me. I just heard you say that he wanted to fight Mark Munoz. This guy is a mental midget. I would go in there with anything and beat him. I just need to be able to move a little bit. So it just sucks where I'm at."

"Do you realize everything I've been through? Do you think any of that stuff gets to me? It doesn't really get to me," Weidman said. "I fought Anderson Silva twice. The things that people said after my first fight, after my second fight, are mindboggling to me as far as humanity and where people's minds can go, it's pretty crazy. But I did read some of it and it's basically me getting called a p-to-the-y a bunch of times, if you catch my drift without being vulgar.

"I'm getting called p-to-the-y, p-to-the-y. The thing is, people so easily forget. My last fight, I fought with a broken hand. A confirmed broken hand. I fought Alessio Sakara on two weeks' notice with a broken rib. Confirmed broken rib. My last fight with a broken hand, I wasn't able to spar or even hit pads three weeks before, or even in the locker room, I couldn't hit a pad without extreme sharp pain because of a broken hand. I took Demian Maia on 10 days notice and cut 32 pounds in 10 days. Almost died cutting the weight.

You still there P-to-the-Y?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Weidman's MMA Hour interview sounds awesome. I haven't been able to listen to it but the write up is here:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/2/3/7967577/chris-weidman-pissed-off-at-mental-midget-vitor-belfort-s-response-to

If that is verbatim it's very :3:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
As far as I can tell it is. I cannot wait for angry Weidman.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

What? I didn't take the time to actually count, but it looks like half the crowd in that photo is black. At a minimum a third of it.

shhhh don't interrupt his narrative for a sports the origins of which far predate 1966

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

just tried (unsuccessfully) to suck my own dick.

I think I need a break from the internet.

EmmyOk posted:

If that is verbatim it's very :3:

listened to it live, it is. it was adorable.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
They freein my nigga rosenthal next month

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Dangersim posted:

Missed the guy, happy he's back.

Hope he can stay away from warehouse-sized growing operations this time.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Dangersim posted:

Whoa man.....my shirt like....worked

:cool:

Edit: Switchin back to FREE GUCCI MANE (again)

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Weidman owns

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I can't wait for Rogan to welcome back Rosenthal after a fight

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Neurosis posted:

shhhh don't interrupt his narrative for a sports the origins of which far predate 1966

I didn't say combat sports began in the 60s, just that the photo is a sad reminder of where they came from.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I hope Rosenthal returns to reffing, he was good aside from the time when he allowed Weidman to take years off of the life of interim middlweight title contender Mark Munoz

mewse
May 2, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Missed the guy, happy he's back.

Hope he can stay away from warehouse-sized growing operations this time.

He spent a night in rehab

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I hope Rosenthal returns to reffing, he was good aside from the time when he allowed Weidman to take years off of the life of interim middlweight title contender Mark Munoz

Pretty sure the dude has lost his spots in Nevada and California so it's gonna be years before we see him on a big show again.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
He might not be able to apply for a license with his conviction

vvv: do you seriously not see the difference between sumerians and professional boxing?

vainman fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Feb 4, 2015

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I didn't say combat sports began in the 60s, just that the photo is a sad reminder of where they came from.

Please shut up. You're trying to make a point out of nothing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing#Early_history

mewse
May 2, 2006

Maybe he'll be able to make money the old fashioned way and open a warehouse full of illegal drugs

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Josh Rosenthal here for Onnit.com, that's oh en en eye tee. Use the special code MandatoryMinimum for 5 percent off your order

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
According to Iole Diaz and Silva both failed tests. Diaz for 420 blazin', Silva popped for something on a pre-fight.

https://twitter.com/KevinI/status/562787498091610113

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

My bet is Silva failed for Xanax.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Kevin Iole posted:

Silva popped for drostanolone in a PRE-FIGHT test conducted Jan. 9. Diaz over limit for marijuana from post-fight test

So uh that sounds bad

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

colonel_korn posted:

So uh that sounds bad

Silva and Sonnen were more alike then they knew.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

nick popping for weed isn't surprising in the least but silva? lmao

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The Spider realized that the one aspect of MMA that he hadn't yet mastered is juicing. A legend with mind geared towards always improving is Silva, Joe.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

That fight delivered on so many levels.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Charles Gnarwin posted:

The Spider realized that the one aspect of MMA that he hadn't yet mastered is juicing. A legend with mind geared towards always improving is Silva, Joe.

hahaha

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Oh god

:vince:

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Sounds like he geared too much

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This might be sadder than Weidman shattering his leg

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

just tried (unsuccessfully) to suck my own dick.

I think I need a break from the internet.
first time I've been speechless in reaction to mma news

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Good.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
After seeing Anderson's strength and conditioning coach I am not surprised at all.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Nick Diaz retired Anderson Silva.

This also means Nick will be fined and be forced to fight more for our entertainment.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

If this turns into a Lance Armstrong thing where it turns out he has been doing it for years and everyone knew I'll be so depressed.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

EmmyOk posted:

If this turns into a Lance Armstrong thing where it turns out he has been doing it for years and everyone knew I'll be so depressed.

I might just stop watching MMA and stick with a comparatively clean and bullshit-free sport, like boxing.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Every time a fighter gets popped for weed I think "why do we give a gently caress if a fighter smokes weed"

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Anderson did what he had to do to insure he got a title shot against Weidman.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

CommonShore posted:

I might just stop watching MMA and stick with a comparatively clean and bullshit-free sport, like boxing.

Demetrious Johnson revealed to be 4 year old on hormone injections
Rumble Johnson discovered to be taking anti-grav pills
John Jones is clean

Are all things I expect to depress me further in the future

Neodoomium posted:

Every time a fighter gets popped for weed I think "why do we give a gently caress if a fighter smokes weed"

I've asked this before because we get tested in fencing too. Apparently it can give you a really good sense of grip in your hands, and they used wrestling as an example of it being good for similar reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

edit: poo poo double post

• Locked thread