Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Valentine's Day

President's Day

Mardi Gras

There's lots of things going on in the otherwise grey and glum month of February. I want to see your pets celebrate! Photos of all skill levels are welcome. I don't care if you took it with a potato :justpost:

Theme: February Holidays
Contest Period: February 1-28
Voting Period: March 1-3
Winner gets a donation to the charity of their choice and a Pet Island gang tag!

:siren: Please pay attention to the rules! There are only 5 of them! It's not that hard! :siren:

Rules:
  • Post photos or GIFs that fit the monthly theme. Be creative! Good photography not required. Basic photoshop to adjust levels etc is ok, no adding things though. Some filters such as turning an image black and white are fine, please refrain from going full instagram though.
  • You may post up to three images per theme (can be different pets). Please label them clearly as entries.
  • Any image submitted must have been taken/made during the duration of the contest. It doesn't have to be your pet, but you have to take the picture.
  • Please vote for one entry only per month and don’t vote for your own images!
  • Pets are considered any animal that lives in captivity and regularly interacts with people

Now go photograph some pets!

(it is also my birthday in February)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

This doesn't have to be an entry because of the photoshop and I didn't know about the contest when I took the picture, but Buddy turned 13 yesterday. :3: Might as well post his picture:

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Is Buddy seriously 13? I refuse to believe it. Happy birthday big guy :3:

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

Yep, he's an old man! :3: We got him when he was 5, but we've still had him for what feels like forever.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

WolfensteinBag posted:

This doesn't have to be an entry because of the photoshop and I didn't know about the contest when I took the picture, but Buddy turned 13 yesterday. :3: Might as well post his picture:

:3: Good boy buddy you did it!

Can I post my black dogs being black and call everybody a racist if they don't vote for them, IJ?

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

:3: Good boy buddy you did it!

Can I post my black dogs being black and call everybody a racist if they don't vote for them, IJ?

I've thought about it and I'm going to go ahead and say yes. Also any white dogs complaining that there isn't a white history month.

Nerwign
Dec 7, 2012

Entry 1: Baby guinea pig wants to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day

Entry 2: Baby rat would wish you a Happy Valentine's day but she's too busy checking to make sure your macaroons haven't gone bad or anything.

Nerwign
Dec 7, 2012

Non-Entry: No Neck Joe would like to remind you there are only 319 days until Christmas!!!

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
I've been told there was some contest thing, so hi

Happy Chinese New Year/Lunar new year/etc

Entry ONE: sup

Entry TOO: espressa

Entry TREE: munny

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Since there were only 2 entrants this month I'm not going to force people to try to choose between them. You both win! You're both awesome for participating and at least I got a lot of entertainment out of your pictures.

Let me know what charities you would like me to donate to!

Since participation has gotten a little sad and March/April are my crazy seasons I'm going to hold off on posting another contest until there's another big group of holidays. Thanks to everyone who has participated over the years and I'll see you all again soon!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

If either (or both!) of you would like a PI gangtag in honor of your submissions let me know! We can do either the blue/green bird crazies tag or the standard pink PI one.

The New Year cattes are adorable, btw. :3:

Nerwign
Dec 7, 2012

I'd love a bird crazy tag! I am a crazy bird lady after all.

If the donation is still available I pick Wildcare in San Rafael California. They do such great work.

And the New Year's cats were fantastic!!!

Maybe we could do a 4th of July time contest?

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
I'm ashamed of myself I didn't get around to posting an entry. Maybe next time. Spring is coming and I can't wait to see some happy pets in the nice weather.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Nerwign posted:

I'd love a bird crazy tag! I am a crazy bird lady after all.

If the donation is still available I pick Wildcare in San Rafael California. They do such great work.

And the New Year's cats were fantastic!!!

Maybe we could do a 4th of July time contest?

I will send some money their way! 4th of July is a great idea and well after all lambing should be done. Hopefully I will be able to do one sooner than that but if not plan on having some patriotic pets.

Nerwign
Dec 7, 2012

No one asked for Easter pics but here's one anyway.

New naked babies!

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Feel free to post baby guinea pigs all the time everywhere :3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerwign
Dec 7, 2012

Those ears!!

Such style!!

• Locked thread