Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill wins.

I watched longer than I should have, basically as an obligation show, until that 90's show. That episode made me angry, probably more than I should have been, and at that point I said I was done. Since then I do not go out and watch simpsons episodes. If I get FXX, I would look up the older episodes, I think they were some of the best satire and humor of the 90's

Rebochan posted:

I remember watching a bunch of the episode commentaries for the classic series, and while they were full of info, there was a really obnoxious trend for the writers and production staff to start trying to retcon the better written stories. For one example, in A Streetcar Named Marge, in the scene where Homer is talking about how much the end of the musical meant to him and how he felt he needed to be a better husband to Marge because of it, Al Jean is just sitting there going "Of course he doesn't mean that, Homer is too stupid to grasp anything that meaningful!"

It just made me furious to hear them try to justify their currently terrible writing by trying to gaslight people who bought the DVDs into thinking that the degradation of Homer into this utter parody of a character was just how he always was.

I think that's what gets me the most about the quality of the Simpsons - the writers get really defensive over any and all criticism of their work. I'd actually be less annoyed if they just never addressed it at all.

I'm wondering if it is some form of insecurity at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread