Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sotrain515
Oct 21, 2010
I personally think they've gotten a lot less obnoxious over time. The thing that bugged me the most about jack and dans characters was not necessarily the characs themselves (though Jesus was sideshow Mel annoying) but the fact that they always crack up for a minute when one of them trots one out. And dare I say it often sounds like "fake laughter" making it that much more cringey.

I know they both listen to cbb from comments they've made and on that show when the guests corpse it's often the funniest part. I'm guessing that's what they think they're emulating (that and the friendly impulse to fake-laugh when your buddy is laying an egg). But Scott and pals are comedy pros and just as often let an awkward silence follow a clunker (to equally great comic effect IMO).

Anyway, I still mostly love the show. Haven't listened to an outtakes ep in a long time either; that definitely helps their batting average I'm sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sotrain515
Oct 21, 2010

Prop Wash posted:

Why don't you give episode 75 a chance and see how far you get. Wow I am never listening to this podcast again

Yeah turned that one off after about 10 minutes. A real shame since I kinda liked the empty nest one.

sotrain515
Oct 21, 2010
Maybe he's talking about that story jack told (I think it was jack) about how he followed some kid around for months putting a sticker of this kids face he'd got from working at the yearbook committee or whatever in random places he knew the kid would be going to. And he thought it was really funny how freaked out it made this kid who he didn't even really know as I recall. That was ever so slightly off-putting IMO.

sotrain515
Oct 21, 2010
Anybody still listening?

Latest episode was a good one IMO.

Fair warning: Dan trots out a couple of klassic kharacters and Jack goes on quite the (ironic?) rage rant. They just can't help themselves I guess...

In my dream universe, Al Jean and Dan Castellenata record a one-off podcast wherein they berate the repetitive and shrill humor of post-classic W.E.E. and lament the lack of a "doomsday process" that would weed out all the annoying excesses that have crept into the show over time.

• Locked thread