Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I tought that was a good episode of WWE Monday Night RAW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sanguinia posted:

Holy poo poo, was this ever the Roman Reigns Rehab (three) Hour(s). And I'll be damned if they didn't gain a lot of ground. That locker room promo, Main Event and his part in it were all loving fantastic.

yeah i liked the locker room promo, i want Bryan/Reigns to have heat beyond a face/face match.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Under the vegetable posted:

It's really easy to turn you guys around on a guy, huh?

if a guy is booked well then people will like him, wrestling world shocked and appaled

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Under the vegetable posted:

He's not being booked well though, imo. He's just having his weaknesses covered slightly more effectively. A lot of people immediately turned around with last week's RAW's interviews and they were just as bad as a Roman promo has always been. I don't get it. I don't know, though, apparently that sloppy spear/headbutt really impressed everybody.

oh come on, if you want to say his delivery needs work, that's fair, but his stuff tonight has been nowhere near as bad as his horrendous attempts to do Rock/Cena comedy

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

BGrifter posted:

Just catching up on RAW on my PVR and it appears Roman Reigns is carrying on the long proud tradition of dumb babyfaces. They could have won me over instantly if he kept doing that sour milk face and said "what are you stupid or something? I'll keep my guaranteed trip to Wrestlemania thank you".

thassa heel move

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i like that there's a split reaction, they seem to be making sure that Bryan/Reigns isn't going to be a heatless face/face match- I'm still sure they're going with Reigns and if Reigns comes out as the winner of a super-hot match over Bryan, i think he gets pretty much fully cheered from then on

unless he starts doing bugs bunny promos again, obviously

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Considering how much they've burned money by (with varying degrees of success), burying budding stars at the expense of lesser returns, yes. I LIKE Roman, but I want him booed out of the building constantly.

Daniel Bryan isn't a budding star, he is slightly younger than John Cena, and is just coming off a major injury. I freaking love him but he isn't the future of the WWE.

(unless you were arguing for Ambrose, who I'd absolutely go for, but he seems to be heading toward that Mick Foley 1999 slot on the roster, which isn't awful, but still)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Rhonne posted:

I just realized there was no New Day match for the beginning of Black History month.

Black America dodged a bullet there

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Rhonne posted:

I can't wait for Vince to go into panic mode next week because "all the kids will loose faith in Roman if he looses" and books him to destroy Rusev, Cesaro, and Kidd.

well in fairness he's freaking right, if this guy's supposed to even be competitive with Brock at Mania he shouldn't be eating pins

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Tato posted:

hahahahaha. I like Dean Ambrose a lot. If you want him to succeed, you should hope like hell he DOESN'T win that title.

or what, he starts losing matches?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Oh did I imagine it or did jbl mention zombie eddie guerrero

he did and i'm having fun wondering if Vince fed him that line or if he came up with it by himself

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

HulkaMatt posted:

I mean them bringing Bryan back and him wanting to do anything else except get the title that he never lost would be dumb.

The dumb thing is that the Rumble meant absolutely nothing in the end. :shrug:

the rumble was very clearly a fuckup and this did a pretty good job at trying to fix that

i mean the opening segment basically said at some point "why the gently caress was DB in the Rumble anyway"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I liked the goat-themed Daniel Bryan shirts and I think I'm the only person on earth who did.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
wasnt Lucky Cannon like, WWE's top guy in developmental at some point

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't think Roman Reigns is nearly as terrible in the ring as people are saying.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The list of people who could draw decent matches out of Big Show are pretty much all on the Daniel Bryan/Benoit/Hart level of in-ring worker.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I like to call him the "Big Slow" because he stinks.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

DeathChicken posted:

Why in the hell would you try and have Reigns do a headscissor? Was the agent on crack?

It's such a stupid awkward spot that shouldn't have been done in the first place.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Peanut President posted:

So it's a perfect representation of Roman Reigns career?

I don't think he should be the guy but the "he's a bad wrestler" thing is now at the level where people are putting him at Kane levels of "maybe, just maybe Daniel Bryan can drag a 3-star match out of the guy". He's obviously green but that is really stupid.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

He's really good and I get mad about his horrible main event push sometimes.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I disagree that Roman Reigns is a worse worker than Kane.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

*Votes for The Usos as being the Worst Tag Team In All Wrestling*

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Somewhere there exists a tape of a match where Bob Backlund calls for Diesel to sunset flip him.

That would have been badass

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

super macho dude posted:

more like BOOsos imo

The Poosos

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I like Big Show segments on the alternate months where he's a face.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

oatgan posted:

I like Big Shows angles and promos and even sometimes his matches if he's used right. He has not been used right in a while.

As much of a joke it is I legitimately love every "how is anyone going to throw the Big Show out of the ring he is too big" at the Rumble every year

dumping out all the babyfaces like sacks of cannonballs was not a good look, though.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
didn't Big Show skin the cat one year that was badass

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Ziggler still has potential, I guess? Kill me if Miz ever gets near the main event ever again.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Blast Fantasto posted:

If they gave Roman the American Males' theme and sunglasses, he'd be the most over face in history.

They should

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Gaz-L posted:

How's Mick Foley doing these days?

Can't even eat chicken wings.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
They're conspicuously keeping the door open for a Reigns heel turn. (SD spoiler: Reigns and Bryan had another confrontation on SmackDown, with Reigns acting heelish again)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Is it really news that people under 30 don't usually get a promotion's top belt

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Isn't Chyna winning the IC title usually seen as the moment it started to become less and less meaningful?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

AngryCaterpillar posted:

She's not the worst wrestler to win the IC title and she's not the lightest. She was over too. So I guess your problem is purely that she's a woman, which is pretty sexist. It brought attention to the belt and promoted it as important.

#DamnItsTrue

Chyna was a flash in the pan, which doesn't qualify her to be the IC title-holder. This would be like giving Mizdow the IC belt now, which they probably are thinking of doing.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't really know the point of all these numbers are anymore, but listing people like Hogan/Flair (and even to some extent Jericho and Foley) is also misleading when they came into the company as established stars already.

plus, putting the belt on a monster early has kinda been accepted for a while.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
"main event guy" is different from being the top guy. nobody has been the top guy for the last several years except Cena, obviously.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I love MetsFan's version of the WWE universe where people give impassioned speeches to the locker room about random subjects roughly every three days.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That kid needs to remember his three 'I's, IMO.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Fat Lowtax posted:

I stand by the fake news guy who makes people mad.

Actually Shave Seltzer is a fraud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

oatgan posted:

roman reigns won the royal rumble and deserves a title shot

daniel bryan lost and deserves nothing
Roman is a big enough doofus to surrender his title shot becuase the Authority said so, he deserves to suffer.

• Locked thread