Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
That'd be hilarious if that actually was Randy sitting at ringside all night in that uncomfortable getup and Vince called a last minute audible to not use him after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

cams posted:

roman reigns is going to beat daniel bryan and everyone is gonna cheer him

lol

When the show ended with Bryan making the declaration he'll beat Reigns at Fastlane and main event Mania there was a brief but audible set of boos before the ing resumed.

The match and the crowd reactions should be fun as hell.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Alain Post posted:

oh come on, if you want to say his delivery needs work, that's fair, but his stuff tonight has been nowhere near as bad as his horrendous attempts to do Rock/Cena comedy

Yeah, tonight he actually came off like Shield Roman Reigns throughout the entire show instead of Samoan Cena. Stuff like that goes a long way.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Under the vegetable posted:

That's a bad thing. He needs to be his own character. Shield Roman Reigns was by far the worst talker and weakest link in the Shield and it's doing him no favors to constantly hang on to that nostalgia.

Well I mean more in the sense of "straight to the point badass "which really was his character before Jack and the Beanstalk happened.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Cena stealing Kofi's old gimmick. For shame.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Never thought I'd be excited for friggin Fast Lane :raise:

I'm just glad Vince/HHH/someone else in creative realized "Holy gently caress we just hit a million subs and the PPV for the free month we're giving currently has tag team main event and the potential to be worse than Battleground. Let's put some actual matches that have consequence on here to get people hyped for Wrestlemania!"

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Alain Post posted:

Daniel Bryan isn't a budding star, he is slightly younger than John Cena, and is just coming off a major injury. I freaking love him but he isn't the future of the WWE.

(unless you were arguing for Ambrose, who I'd absolutely go for, but he seems to be heading toward that Mick Foley 1999 slot on the roster, which isn't awful, but still)

Despite the offputting interviews and the Loony Tunes promos I actually still kinda like Reigns and want him to succeed, even though I like Bryan more and would prefer him in the Wrestlemania main event. I just hate how WWE only seems to be able to properly slow build people by accident now with the stars aligning rather than anything organic like with Batista a decade ago. They're even managing to screw up their once 100% beloved golden boy chosen one through this process.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Here's my thing.

Reality: both Roman and Bryan are really over! Great!

What WWE should do with this: Build both guys as main event caliber rather than making Bryan into a loser geek and Roman into a godking. More elevated guys is good for business by every metric.

What WWE will do with this unless forced to do otherwise: Have Roman beat Bryan clean, subjecting Roman to a live shaming at Mania (Mania is NOT going to be Denver) while still pushing him like Cena, and turning Bryan into a geek, pissing crowds off more AND burning money.

The absolute best way to do this is the one method they'll never choose. Have Rusev put Cena out of action for several months (seriously the dude looks half-zombified at this point he really should mend). Have Bryan carry/teach Roman in their match at Fast Lane with Bryan winning a match that :siren: MAKES REIGNS LOOK STRONG :siren: and Reigns shaking his hand winning back over the crowd. Then Reigns, being Cena's intended literal and figurative replacement, faces off against Rusev and ends his reign of terror to the delight of most of the audience. And Bryan/Lesnar is the David & Goliath title match everyone wants to see happens.

But Vince would never actually give Cena time off that wasn't forced because of a serious injury he couldn't just wrestle through, especially at the Superbowl show of the year.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Alain Post posted:

or what, he starts losing matches?

....touche

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

NutritiousSnack posted:

then had a good pop when he saved Bryan from the Authority.

Tonight really was loving weird.

Well, to be fair, zombified Hitler could've been the one spearing Show and gotten a pop solely by virtue of having helped Bryan.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

NickRoweFillea posted:

Impatiently awaiting Vince McMahondroid.

NO CHANCE IN ROBOT HELL

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

LightsGameraAction posted:

If they turn Reigns heel then what the gently caress is he going to do at Mania? Who could he possibly feud with at that point?

The Undertaker Sheamus playa!

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Try thinking about John Cena, that will make you feel better.

Just lay back and think of Boston

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Everblight posted:

Moneyball has taught me that exploiting an undervalued asset is the key to corporate success.

So is Dolph the Jeremy Giambi in this scenario?

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Red posted:

Did they ever acknowledge Lashley on-air after he left? Vince took a head-shave from Trump for him.

I'd be surprised if he ever saw that as a negative. He probably figured it was a good way to sell the angle and a great excuse to doff a cool hat for a few weeks. :tipshat:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Gatts posted:

Bryan's going over. I bo-lieve.

But Reigns bo-lieves in the Shield. Who will win? :ohdear:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Shima Honnou posted:

Such a unique situation WWE is building for themselves.

YaybooYES!....:confused:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Fat Lowtax posted:

Ghosts live forever, but giants don't live very long. We need to give Big Show his Big Shot now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEea624OBzM Should totally be his new titantron

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Retromancer posted:

Am I the only one cool with Roman Reigns? My biggest problem with him winning the rumble was that he was cutting awful goofy promos every week but if they cut that poo poo out and treat him like they've treated him these past two weeks he'll be fine. Like, DB is cool and all but I'm not going crazy just because he's not main eventing every PPV all the time.

I feel largely the same as Fochs, I prefer Bryan and don't think Roman's quite ready yet. But on top of that I just don't want to see the worst possible option of Reigns getting the Mania main event one on one with Brock, going over, then Vince getting impatient and pulling the plug on him not long afterward because he's not getting over as fast as he wants.

I want either Bryan wins, we get the Bryan/Lesnar main event everyone seems to want, and he gets his true championship reign that got cut short last year while Reigns is built more slowly throughout the year to improve his solo match skills.

or

I want Reigns to win and get shoved down our throats for the rest of the year, line his title matches up with people who can actually work like Seth and Sheamus and what have you so he can learn and improve. If he hasn't clicked with the crowd by Summerslam, turn him heel and have him join the Authority in a 17th Anniversary Remake of Rock & The Corporation that basically writes itself.

The worst case scenario is neither of these happen, Reigns gets the WM main event depriving us of Bryan/Brock then Vince ADDs and drops him a few months from now and he becomes Samoan Test.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Also it just occurred to me. We're exactly 7 weeks away from Mania and Taker still has yet to make a live appearance for this year's match.

Since the Streak became a thing and Taker an advertised highlight for the show, is this the longest it's gone without him making an appearance to begin building the match? I really hope he's ok. :ohdear:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

Taker didn't show up until the night after EC last year, which was 2/24.

Hmmm thought he showed up earlier than that. Guess I'd forgotten :corsair:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

The best part is they've trained the audience this is how things work and hosed things up long term yet again.

So they've lost control of their own narrative in addition to turning the Rumble into a meaningless stipulation the crowds have learned to poo poo on and probably turning the #1 Guy into a role that is loathed by 10% of the crowd.

WWE is self immolating over a guy they signed as a favor, fired, re-signed to bury him for 3 months before taking him off TV, fired again, embarrassed at WrestleMania, etc.

The alternative is the one-on-one match where the crowd either cheers the big half-invincible monster heel they've built for the sole purpose of making the face he's going up against who is going to get totally poo poo on (and that's the BETTER alternative) or another potential Goldberg/Lesnar match where the crowd shits on the entire thing and both participants throughout. Making it a triple threat will be a saving throw.

Alan_Shore posted:

I don't mind a triple threat, but when Brock loses it should be a 1 on 1 match.

Actually if Brock is truly an SNK boss the only way to legit take him down is in a tagging match makes sense :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

SamuraiFoochs posted:

WWE literally cannot win at this point. For the record I agree with you that if they wanna make a star they should just do it, but people are :qq:ing so endlessly about Roman both rightfully and wrongfully that they're kinda damned if they do damned if they don't.

Vince took the most tone deaf option possible at the Rumble, setting up Bryan as the big returning unpinned babyface champion who was gunning for the belt he never actually lost, then was shocked when the crowd poo poo all over the match after he was perfunctorily dumped out halfway through the match not setting up any major hot story line for him that would sate the crowd in place of a WWE title program

• Locked thread