Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
They've definitely taken the last week to get back on track with what people liked about Reigns a year ago. Tactical vest instead of laser tag, man of few words instead of goofball storytime, threatening and intense instead of Cena Lite, and comes in like an artillery strike instead of a toe-to-toe guy. Not just that, but his personality is heelish. The loss to Show I can only think was to try to appease those booing him, and knocking him down a peg. If he'd beaten Show there would be other criticisms for that booking decision too though. I'm willing to bet it was also to give people as much hope for Bryan as possible - if Reigns can lose a match on the same show where Bryan gets a second chance, it builds Fast Lane that much more. I genuinely wonder how much booking since the Rumble is backpedaling and how much was planned.

So there's that. Also, I want to see Stardust just completely break, and be this sort of half-Cody half-Stardust entity, basically Cody with his makeup all cracked and half-applied, just ranting about cosmic forces.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Feb 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

The Landstander posted:

Yeah I mean it made sense and all and "World Champion Justin Gabriel" probably wasn't in the cards, but you still think he would've ended up doing something (beyond an amazingly forgettable tag run with....I think it was Slater).

I really liked International Airstrike, short-lived as they were. I was happy when they briefly reformed on NXT a couple months ago.

CubsWoo posted:

Season 2 is great to look back on too:

You know, per capita, the all-female season 3 was technically the most star-producing season they ever had.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That cameraman needs a raise.

I'm surprised Dunn didn't have them switch to three different angles midair and shaky-cam all of them while zooming in and out furiously and also having a seizure.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
All that Observer news means is Lesnar's going into the match as a babyface, which is fine with me. Hopefully the end result is Bryan and WWE actually learns something the 2nd time around and listens to people next year, but LOL at chances of that ever happening.

Guignol posted:

If they brought back the 24/7 hardcore title and only defended it on the app, the YouTube channel and the network I would be totally okay with that
Turn Zack Ryder's Internet title into this and it would be awesome. Especially if they just threw random 24/7 matches on the Network at all hours of the day between (and during) other programming, so you'd have to log in to keep track of the champion. It'd be goofy as hell but I'd love it. The one Wrestlemania (I think 18) with all the hardcore title changes was fun as hell.

projecthalaxy posted:

My favorite recurring thing in the Bossman feud was Bossman's (or the writers, it was unclear) belief that Big Show being illegitimate actually meant that Show's dad was not his biological father. It's a fun detail.

I love that a big part of the feud was Show's mom sobbing "He's a bastard" and Bossman retorting "YOU HEAR THAT? YOU'RE A BIG NASTY BASTARD AND YOUR MOMMA JUST SAID SO!" which of course Show took as a huge insult.

Cut to a couple years later when Show wears a "BIG NASTY BASTARD" t-shirt for several months.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Ziggler did his absolute damndest to put over the IC title in his last run when he was trading it back and forth with Harper, and received a minor push with it. It's less of a jobber title whenever a babyface has it because they actually seem to let faces win occasionally. This includes noted babyface patriot Rusev.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Elimination Chamber/Fast Lane was true though. :confused:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Ryback being a mark for his own theme song will never get old to me.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I still really want The New Day to be revealed as the Church of Bo.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Reigns helping Bryan win against Rollins was foreshadowing. Rollins will prevent Reigns from winning the Fast Lane match so Bryan moves ahead but Reigns is justifiably pissed off.

Throw Ambrose in there for a Shield triple somehow because that's really all I want right now from all of them.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
soda sucks drink coffee

Aurain posted:

Sad to see her held up as some sort of acceptable target for ridicule because she has sex for money.

Yes, clearly that's the reason why. Not at all because she's a human trainwreck from an industry notoriously full of human trainwrecks. Nope. All slutshame, all the time on this here wrestleboard.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Punk is still Diet Pepsi.

John, what are you doing. My diet soda, John. You're out of control.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

dialhforhero posted:

(I thought punk was regular pepsi?)

Considering how much of his moveset he cribbed over the years, regular Pepsi seems to be "several very talented Japanese people".

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I think a lot of people claiming lots of guys have strong pushes right now aren't taking into account that nobody's protected or booked like their chosen top guys. Yeah, Bryan and Rollins are both around the top of the card, but a guy like Cena can never lose - even against another babyface - without some circumstantial shenanigans. Since they decided Reigns was the guy, he's got the same treatment (the loss to Bog How was after a briefcase shot to the back). So yeah, they have a few guys hovering at that level but they're essentially still the level that the Big Gold Belt was on before the merge. They're only booked strong against much lower guys, and even then they can still lose a match to someone not at that level on a whim. There's top tier, then there's almost-top tier, then there's everyone else. Bryan, Rollins, Wyatt, Ziggler, etc. are in almost-top tier, but they always decide on one The Guy. In the time period of their biggest boom it wasn't uncommon to see 5+ guys around the top level. Austin was huge but he was never The Guy, because over the years he had Rock, Taker, Mankind, Show, Bret, and Shawn alongside him who could all believably hold the title at any given time. Today's top of the card doesn't even remotely compare to that, because they refused to build it that way in order to keep Cena's spot intact.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gaz-L posted:

You really believe that? Seriously? Austin wasn't 'The Guy'?

MassRafTer posted:

Steve Austin was so much the guy that he was able to tell Vince McMahon it was a stupid idea to lose the IC title to the Rock. Not just give creative criticism, just tell him losing a mid card title was a bad idea months before he'd become world champion. You should re-think your position.

Um, nope. I'm not sure if you stopped reading mid-sentence to respond, but literally everything after the part you objected to was where the context of that statement was: The top of the card in the Attitude Era had The Guys, not The Guy, in contrast to 2006-present where The Guy has been John Cena and nobody else. Cena got the Hogan push. Austin was allowed to be vulnerable at the top because others were booked and protected at the same level. At no point was there ever a SuperAustin.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gonzo McFee posted:

WWE booked themselves here, nobody to blame but themselves.

Yeah, but that isn't Reigns's fault, and a surprising amount of people act like it is.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Next on Show Want Food, Paul visits an all-you-can-eat buffet and finds that it's not in fact all he can eat.

karmicknight posted:

Brock Lesnar (w/ Paul Heyman & Linda McMahon) vs. Roman Reigns (w/ Vince McMahon) vs. Big Show (w/ The Authority) vs. CM Punk (w/ Shane McMahon)

As long as Brock comes out doing his little dance to this song, I'm OK with it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p964a3tq-JY

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

WWE just shared this on their Facebook page with "#SpearsForDays"

The hashtag should be #SpearForJustThatDayBecauseTheyBothLeftImmediatelyAfter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

projecthalaxy posted:

I don't know who those guys are! Who are those guys?

The Sultan and a Headshrinker, respectively.

• Locked thread