Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!

Fleve posted:

I'm actually half-Dutch, half-German, but I'm cool with adding Scandinavian to the weird conglomerate of my voice. Anyway, the second part is done. I still need to cut up parts for the bonus, because...well, I ended up making something else first.

My first recording was done without a pop filter, which was noticeable. This second recording was done with an improvised sock on the microphone, which still wasn't good enough. I ended up making a DIY pop filter and wanted to give it a try with some pop sounds and at that point I...uh… I kinda went full-autism and ended up going for a quick and dirty a cappella piece of a Revenant track which fit neatly under a time-lapse I wanted to do anyway. So yeah, there's that. Pop filter seems to work, too.

Getting me a decent microphone has been like giving a puppy a whole box of toys at once.

I dug out my old boxed copy of this game, and the manual says you can indeed see you skills in the various Weapons etc. When you're on the character screen, at the top you have "Stats/Skills" with 'Stats' in green. Click on 'Skills' and you switch over to the skill screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

If my memory doesn't fail me the fire spell would have been very effective against those spiders. Magic in general can be very useful in this game and I hope you'll show off more of it.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

You playing this level got me to dig out my old guide again.
For those of you who want to see the level in its entire glory:

The Start is at 1, the Exit at 4.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Yeah, that maze can trip you up pretty bad. If you're interested, I have maps for all the areas, since many of them can be confusing to navigate.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

In the combat logs you can see your Attack Roll against their Defense Rolls. Since your Roll is most of the time less or barely equal, you get a Glancing Blow or Light Hit.

You may get less 'Glancing Blows' if you considered upping accuracy a bit. Just a thought.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

You *are* pretty far behind the curve in terms of agility, I guess. And yes, I believe some enemies are just supposed to be more resilient than others. Also, don't forget that from level 15(?) on you only get one stat-up per level.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Aren't you kinda drowning in money right now? Just top up on potions and all is right again. Potion addiction is a myth. :2bong:

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

According to the guide, the 'Ring of the Arcane' adds 250 Mana and 10% spell damage compared to the 300 Mana you get from the previos ring. But since the difference seems to be 55 Mana instead, please take it with a grain of salt.
Also, did you check the armor salesman? You didn't mention anything in the update and there should be new armors for sale.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Ah, the shop has greater availability than I expected. But remember that by now the secondary effects of armor are mostly more useful than the defense value.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

I was mostly thinking about armors that are apparently 'earlier' in the shop, before the plate armor. Stuff like the berserker armor, which has equal armor values to the celtic stuff, but gives you bonuses to your stamina. Something like that.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

FYI, the strategy guides official stance to Jhaga is "Spam fireballs and chug potions". Also, Sardok once again killing people as casually as Locke killing Ogroks.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Sardok Teamkills: 3
I think the Nakranoth and the Nakranoth Armor are two different things. The armor is just a name, the Nakranoth itself is apparently this crystal thing that turns into an arm ornament. I think it gets mentioned earlier.
Also, feel free to show the maps I've sent you for these areas, just to demonstrate their ridiculousness.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

I think the spell those undead casters used was the "Vampiric Drain". They just rarely cast it because they were either unhurt or dead immediately. I have no idea what buff they were using.
I laughed at the Bonus at the end.
And just to be clear: The map of the sixth labyrith goes across two pages instead of the one page for all the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Well, thank you for playing this game from me too. It was fun going down memory lane as well as learning something new (Wrestling moves! Who'dve thought?) and seeing some conversations I never bothered to go after when I played it. I'm looking forward to your next project.

• Locked thread