Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I AM JAMES FRANCO
Jul 23, 2008
Hey there goons.

My family recently purchased a Korean restaurant, and I've agreed to manage and handle the online marketing for the restaurant. Part of this involves working the existing website, updating the menu and hours other day to day management stuff.

My eventual goal is to become proficient enough to update the look of the restaurant from its rather dated look, but that is a 6+ month goal from now.

What sort of resources can I look to get started on those subjects? I'm looking for books, online guides, as well as free online courses if they exist. I did some looking online, but there is a flood of these resources and I don't have a way or discerning good resources from scams or complete waste of times.

For my background, I am not completely technically illiterate. I worked for an IT company for a while, where I programmed daily in a rarely used language. I do have some experience with VBA for creating excel reports and writing SQL queries, since that's what we used for reports for the most part. However, I don't have too much knowledge on the ground work of how everything works. So I wouldn't be able troubleshoot if a piece of code made the computer explode or something, or compare specs on machines beyond the very basic stuff like memory and storage etc. etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
There's a subforum for this: http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=202

I AM JAMES FRANCO
Jul 23, 2008
I thought this was too basic of a question to use that sub-forum, but I'll give that a shot. Thanks.

• Locked thread