Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
I love this game and already learning so much more watching the first video than I did in the first 9 hours playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Personally healing and buffs are the way magic really should be used in a game like this. I don't think having an effective offensive system would have really worked out.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

With all this chat about Skys and all the crossovers they've been in. I think what it really boils down to is that Sega needs to make their own Smash Bros type game. Or a new one since there was a fighters megamix.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Cat because cats are awesome. :3

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

BigTUnit1 posted:

Sadly, I have read recently that Sega is restructuring their company to focus on mobile and PC gaming as opposed to consoles, which means that it's VERY unlikely we will see any new things from Skies of Arcadia. This hurts, because it means that games like SoA, Panzer Dragoon, and Yakuza might have sang their swan song.

I've read that too and read that it wasn't "right" all they were doing was stopping their arcade division because yeah... The newest arcade tech only has TWO games on it. One is that Hatsune Miku dancing game.

Also Sega makes some pretty baller PC games and ports. So I wouldn't worry about seeing ANOTHER title from X series because they know they can make some serious cash off of steam. Valkyrira Chronicles was a freaking amazing port. Also Panzer Dragoon has been dead since the Original Xbox sorry to say.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Kurieg posted:

Well, Panzer Dragoon had a stage in SASRT :v:

I don't think Sega's going to be leaving the console market behind, but if they do it'll be because Sonic Boom completely and utterly tanked.
I just hope they realize that's because Big Red Button shipped a pile of hot garbage.

While that was cool Burning Rangers ALSO had a stage in that game too. Doesn't mean poo poo. gently caress they gave the Golden Axe reboot to Secret Level... You know the people of Iron Man fame? :suicide:

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

There's never really much I find to help contribute to the thread, but there is this Really awesome and hell of expensive Vyse figure that I guess is officially licensed stuff.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

I'm going to say that Vyse stood up Scythe chick on a date. She never forgave him and thus became a pirate bounty hunter to exact her revenge. Maybe it wasn't even being stood up. I think Vyse would have gone but he totally went Dutch on the date.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

McKilligan posted:

gently caress but I would kill for a sequel to this, there's so many ways this could be improved upon and refined.

Sometimes you don't need to improve or refine. There's no need to fix what isn't broken after all.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Ardeem posted:

There are two or three dangling plot points a sequel could deal with, but it can't be an age of sail exploritory thing because Vyse explored the entire world. An archeologist poking at the hints that there was/were civilization(s) before the ones that were wiped out by the rains could work. (Also, typing this post made me realize how many discoveries this LP is skipping over.)

That somehow reminds me of Evolution the way you're talking about Archeologist and RPGs.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

I freaking loved this dungeon for the simple fact that the music is super beautiful. I know it's hard to hear at times but here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx1LlmKMwJI

Forgot if this was dungeon specific but still I love this song.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Everyone "Why does the cat look like you."

Aika "Oh that's cause it's my furso- Errr I mean I just wanted to give it personality!"

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Yeah it turns out Sega makes great games that nobody ever loving plays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

It's such a shame that you can't turn Aika and Fina down to date Piastol instead. Or choose her, whatever was going on with that decision.

Is it weird to have wanted her in the party? I know that would be against her story arch, but she seemed like a pretty nice teammate to have.

• Locked thread