Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Are you a part of the Something Awful Mafia Community? Do you want to play Civ V? Cool.

We currently have two games being set up. The first one is a G&K game starting soon and the second is a G&K+BNW game starting next week.

Game 1
DLC: G&K
Mods: none
Players:
  • Bowmore
  • Little Mac
  • Epsilon Plus
  • CPig
  • Chic Trombone
  • PMOM

Game 2
DLC: G&K + BNW
Mods: none
Players:
  • MMM
  • Ecco
  • Opop
  • Little Mac
  • Chic Trombone
  • Diqnol

Players looking for a game:
  • Meinberg
  • Magnus Gallant
  • busb!
  • Hiipfire

Relevant Links:
The Civ V Thread
The Mafia Discussion Thread
Giant Multiplayer Robot

I wanted to get this thread up quickly so if you have suggestions for the the OP please lemme know.

Jump King fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Feb 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Reserved because why not

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

When I was younger and dumber I thought Canada should be a civ in Civilization.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

True and Real posted:

wtf MMM you didnt add me

You said you might play :shrug:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also can we get some better names for these games also. Game one and Game 2 are so dry.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Little Mac posted:

Can you play with modded Civs in passaround games? I've only ever played real-time multiplayer which sadly doesn't allow mods.

GMR allows mods yeah

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Well as long as everybody agrees on the mods I think it should be fine.

I'm always wary of modded civs because they are often unbalanced.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I usually play with UI mods and such but mod taste is so personal and these games are going to be a long haul

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I like the perfect world mod though.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Oh yeah should we poll the players about what mapgen settings we're using as well? The high/sea, old/young, wet/dry stuff?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Game 2 seems already seems much better than game 1, lets all truce together and try to break open a portal to game 1 and then kill them.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Cool we have meinberg!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Gamerofthegame posted:

You'll be playing this until November and most of your turns will be two minutes of loading up the game just to hit end turn.

God speed, noble savages.

edit: oh and one person will inevitably be set in a mountain hell hole with desert and tundra as far as the eye can see

as netherlands

it's more about the friends you make along the way

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Big Nothing posted:

Sure, sign me up for Game 2 :sun:

Ah, we have 6 players right now and I'm not sure if we should have too many more than that if we want to keep the game under a year.

Also I know game 1 wants AIs to kick around, are we doing that too?

EccoRaven posted:

Already Game 2 proves itself the better game. MMM what DLC should we have for it? Just G&K and BNW? Do we want any civ-specific mods? Etc.

Just the expansions sounds good unless somebody wants to play dlc civ and we all have it. I've got all the dlc (except maybe map packs? I can't remember) so if somebody wants that just give a shout.

True and Real posted:

I'm gonna send a neverending torrent of archers at ecco and shoot all the workers

Ecco's inability to handle 1UPT should make combat quick and easy

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hey we'll probably have enough for a third game now too.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Pm me for advice hiip

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

Is our game being held up by Hiipfire being inactive?? I don't believe it.

hahaha never change hiip

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm going to be ready soon. The reason I couldn't start something until this week Is that I was dealing with OWURG and the aftermath. I'm on my phone so somebody else will have to quote that to make it a link.

I can probably set something up tomorrow?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Epsilon Plus posted:

I'm in the loving desert, woe is me

That's rad.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Oh yeah

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

My comp is crashing frequently now though

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yo so if somebody wants to set up the second game I can play in it. I would just need somebody else to set it up.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Can we pick our countries in this one because I'm going to.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

Let's do low seas, cold weather (little ice age!), and wet. That'll make things a little more scarce and good land a little harder to fight for. Also continents.

Here's what our set up should be btw 100yrs

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The game is a little cramped at quick but I can understand if we want to be finished the game in less than a year

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

This game is going to be huge, I think we're on the verge of undergoing mitosis.

Yesterday I was scrambling to prepare for a show that's happening today so I was quite busy. I should be able to get GMR set up before I leave though.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm going I'm going

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Uhhhhh

My monitor seems to be broken? Or my computer. I can't see anything on the screen even though both devices are on.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah I've tried restarting, and hard rebooting.

I've unplugged the input/output cable from both devices and plugged it back in. I'm looking for another monitor or in/out cable and hoping the problem is in one of those, but I'm the only person who doesn't use a laptop apparently.

It's sort of necessary for me to get on there for a lot if things though so I'm not just doing this for civ.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The computer is working again, it was a problem with the video card.

I, uh, thiiiink it's good now. Call time in 1 hour and 25 minutes but I'll see what I can do.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I joined it!

show went great, sold out, met Tremendous Taste, etc.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

It's ok 100yrs I still like you.

sorry you have to play as worst civ poland ecco

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah but you have to play as poland

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

Let's do low seas, cold weather (little ice age!), and wet. That'll make things a little more scarce and good land a little harder to fight for. Also continents.

Just realized I'm playing a desert civ on these map settings, :ghost:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I would be very willing to start anew if there are problems considering that we haven't taken any turns. (and also my precious desert start :bahgawd:)

That said, if we want to keep going with this game I would not oppose that either!

Regardless, you shouldn't feel bad 100yrs!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Little Mac posted:

I randomly got Ethiopia and EWWW.

:wtc: Ethiopia is so fun though

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Little Mac posted:

Not very versatile IMO but I guess I haven't played with them much

I think they're a lot more versatile than some other civs in that religion can help with a lot of different things and Ethiopia is guaranteed a religion. Their UA and UU allow you to put most of your efforts into non military things while still being able to survive combat. Hilariously enough, you can also use the UA bonus to attack a larger nation.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'd like to form an alliance with somebody, I haven't played my first turn yet but I'm a desert dude who probably won't get a desert so I'll ally the first person to message me

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I bet tithin is going to make his move right when I go to sleep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

tithin posted:

I just took my turn

For reference it's 7:50pm here so I'll do most of my turns around this time.

Ah great I'm on my phone in bed.

• Locked thread