Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

It seems I missed the deadlines. Add me in on "looking for game" I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Little Mac posted:

I was hoping for at least a turn per day. :(

I think we should also make a running pool of how long the game takes, hide the money in a chest with keys for each of us and once it's over the ones who lived long enough collect the treasure.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

bowmore lurks in mafia games and also in other games

He was by far the most responsive. I'm sure he hasn't noticed is all.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Opopanax posted:

When is game 2 starting?

In like two years? If it's supposed to start after this one anyway. I suppose someone can just set it up? If it isn't difficult to do I wouldn't be adverse to running a Brave New World enabled Civ 5 game. I'll have time to set up the Giant Multiplayer Robot deal on Thursday.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

bowmore posted:

My computer died, drat it. I'm getting skipped :(

Oh poo poo that sucks. Still couldn't be the worst time to be skipped. Just researching that first tech and making that first whatever you chose. You're just a tile behind on exploration. Could be a whole lot worse that being skipped on a batttlefield.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

I found a natural wonder.

drat... I've found nothing of note besides a handful of useful but not jaw dropping resources. I also want in on MMM's game esp. if it's BNW.

If the French government is going to continue to force me to work part time for another 9 months I might as well make the most of my free time.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm also coastal with a nice mix of normal agricultural resources, fish, and crabs. I may have one luxury, I don't remember. Nothing terribly impressive.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Little Mac posted:

Awww. So should we wait then?

Also I have the lowest turn time now on average. Obviously this means I care more about our world than you other jokers.

I honestly have no idea if I'll ever be able to knock down that stupid turn time average. It's embarrassing to say the least.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

MildManeredManikin posted:

Yo so if somebody wants to set up the second game I can play in it. I would just need somebody else to set it up.

I can do this. If I'm not mistaken Little Mac was up for it. Anyone else who wants join up let me know. I was planning on running the full game (the Complete edition offered by Steam) that is the Base, God and Kings, and Brave New World plus the other civ dlc. If there's one of the DLC Civs or map packs you can't use let me know. That sound ok for those of you who're interested? I'll cross post in the main thread and seeing interest/not I'll set up the game later tonight.

At the moment it'll be a 3 person game. If you guys have any preference on pace, map, or whatever I'll take it into consideration.

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Feb 19, 2015

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Little Mac posted:

Ask Opop, Chic, Diq, and then PM someone to ask them to ask Ecco.

Sounds good that'll give us 7 tops which seems like a good number to end on. I'll start up later tonight like I said.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

oh my god why did you actually PM me

I did not carefully read what Little Mac wrote... read it as PM Ecco. Missed the someone bit in there. I hope I haven't caused you any particular trouble? I didn't know we had to go through a proxy to reach you. I'll be more careful next time. That said I will probably have to PM you to send you the code to join up if you're interested. Who should I send it by?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The people have spoken. Sorry MMM. (As far as I'm concerned choose whomever you like. However, If it's me that has to set-up the option then it's gonna be random.)

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

oh my god be a worse person today

I'm just too zen :angel:.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Opopanax posted:

Man, I should have bought BNW when it was like $10 on the sale

e:It was in a Humble Bundle that ended yesterday :negative:

e2: Oh, Feb 18, 2014. I guess that's better

Wait so do you have BNW and it's a more "bought it at the wrong time" lament or you never bought it and it's a "I wish I had purchased it cheaply so I could own it since I never have owned it" lament? By the way I'm setting this up. Making it for 7 people including those who haven't responded, I figure if they don't come they'll just be bots we can crush.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Opopanax posted:

I have the base game and Gods and Kings but not BNW and now I'm regretting my life choices

Oh yeah... that will be a bit of a issue won't it? I'm sure we can get someone else to run another Gods and Kings game.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Here's what our set up should be btw 100yrs

I can run with that but I may do resources strategic so no one gets shafted. I hate when that happens.

I've sent the invites. We'll be seven if Big Nothing is still interested (I combed through the thread to see if anyone else was interested and found this as well:

EccoRaven posted:

I think Game 2 should only be random if you wanna be! It's a chill game, we should play with the civ with which we'd have the most fun.

So there's your answer to that MMM.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Should we go with Quick? Or Normal for speed?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The game is a little cramped at quick but I can understand if we want to be finished the game in less than a year

I'm fine with normal honestly.

Opopanax posted:

Let me know on the setup because I haven't played Civ5 in months and I'd rather not drop $30 on an expansion I may only use once

7 nations with probably about 14 city states. Continents. And the settings that Ecco suggested and MMM seconded. I'll probably allow resources to be strategic, the setting that ensures no one is lacking in essential things (iron and the like) because it sucks when you just get dealt a lovely hand, but then again I may not because that's life. I wouldn't suggest you get it if you're really not going to play much. We'll definitely run another God and King game eventually. I can't as I'll have these two in my queue for a while but everyone else still has a game slot available. And it's not too tough to set up.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Little Mac posted:

I didn't get an invite. Also I can start more games if wanted.

I added you directly via GMR searching you through their thing. Your matt-something right?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Propaganda Machine posted:

Hey, I have a weird schedule, but I'd be down to play Civ V with mafia goons. I'm not great at it, but I like it anyway, so feel free to throw me on the 'looking for a game' thingie. I guess I could also host one.

I have both of the expansions. Probably not the DLC but I can double check if I have to.

I can definitely still add you to the game I'm building now. I'll send you a link.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

So we're waiting on two people. I have to assume it's MMM and True and Real since I think everyone else who has responded has joined. We can start as soon as they join. If you two are having an issue with the invite link let me know.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

tithin posted:

When are you starting?

I'm interested in playing

I'll probably be starting it tonight I've decided. I could wait longer for Diqnol and MMM, especially the latter as he asked for someone else to set up the game, but it seems unfair to those that have joined up to wait much longer.

Do you have both BNW and Gods and Kings for Civilization 5? I'll send you an invite if you're interested in that case.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

tithin posted:

Yeah, I've got both

just look up tithin on steam

I'm sadly based in australia, so I don't know in how many hours from this post tonight is for you, but if it's too late, ain't no thang, I'll get in on another one

It is fine! I'm in Europe so it's only like 10 hours difference. Sent an invite via GMR itself.

e.: That was fast! Thanks. Like I said I'll probably start up later tonight. You guys feel free to choose whatever nation you want to play or write it here so I can set it up for you later. If you say nothing I'll leave it on random.

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Feb 20, 2015

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

tithin posted:

Oh man, I forgot GMR was a thing.

I've chosen my civ at this point, but can't find a save game to download to start.

I've completely forgotten how GMR works, hahahaha

I actually haven't started the game yet. Once I do the file will be created. It's pretty simple all told, their faq page does a good page explaining how it works.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

This game is going to be huge, I think we're on the verge of undergoing mitosis.

Yesterday I was scrambling to prepare for a show that's happening today so I was quite busy. I should be able to get GMR set up before I leave though.

Sounds good. It's no bigger than the other one which as 9. Once you join MMM that'll make 8.

True and Real posted:

Hey, seems like it's a little cramped now, so for the good of all I'll drop out

Your call. I don't mind having you in myself.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'll start before I go to bed around midnight or so. If MMM doesn't make it then I'm sure you could hit up Little Mac for his proposed no more than 4 match. I think that way everyone wins.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

the sole reason why I signed up for Game 2 over Game 1 was to play with mmm :(

Well push him to just join. It doesn't take long and he won't have to take his turn any time soon. Otherwise, if everyone's fine waiting I have no issue doing so, but that means we won't be getting started until Sunday unless I set this thing up before work tomorrow morning, which isn't that much of an issue, just have to wake up a bit earlier than usual is all.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm going I'm going

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Uhhhhh

My monitor seems to be broken? Or my computer. I can't see anything on the screen even though both devices are on.

Don't destroy your set-up unnecessarily. I don't mind waiting as long as you're aware. I can definitely get up a bit earlier tomorrow and get this thing going then. No worries.

Maybe just re-start it? I'm not good with computers.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Yeah I've tried restarting, and hard rebooting.

I've unplugged the input/output cable from both devices and plugged it back in. I'm looking for another monitor or in/out cable and hoping the problem is in one of those, but I'm the only person who doesn't use a laptop apparently.

It's sort of necessary for me to get on there for a lot if things though so I'm not just doing this for civ.

This sounds serious. I hope it doesn't turn out to be costly. I may have a laptop but I treat it like a desktop frankly. It doesn't move much. I'll start tomorrow morning bright in early at about 8 am GMT +1. Hopefully you can figure it by then?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The computer is working again, it was a problem with the video card.

I, uh, thiiiink it's good now. Call time in 1 hour and 25 minutes but I'll see what I can do.

No worries glad to hear it's working. Do it before 2 am eastern and we're good.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I joined it!

show went great, sold out, met Tremendous Taste, etc.

Glad it went well. That sounds great!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Started the BNW game, though I think I skipped my first turn. No matter.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

guys it's only letting me play as Player 1 aka Poland; what happened?

e: it won't even let me play as Player 1 because it's password locked

I blame 100 Years

This is clearly my fault. It shouldn't be the case that said.

Thing is... even if I were to give you my password I get the sinking feeling that everyone's been somehow pushed back a turn? Which doesn't make any sense. So I either restart this mess or something.

Scratch that! I had left the password encrypted option on since I'm an idiot. So sorry Ecco. Check to see if it's still not working.

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Feb 22, 2015

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

it still requires a password you buffoon. it still only lets me play as player 1 who is poland.

I really think you messed up badly and imho you should feel badly.

Well I do feel pretty bad considering how long this drat thing took to make. That said I clicked the revert turn order and that seems to have maybe fixed it. That let me go back to my turn and take it. So that's good. On the other hand I didn't get the chance to settle the city myself. I don't know why. Seeing as I've never set up a game before, outside of the main me vs. comps thing, I don't know what I may have clicked or not clicked for that. Let's consider that an extra challenge I guess. That plus the fact that we're known as player x's instead of our name. I assumed that was automatic but I guess I had to change that directly in the creation menu. Hopefully that's less an issue for all of you. I don't think I can change that. Hopefully though it works more regularly now?

At any rate if that's fine enough for you (being somewhat anonymous and not choosing a city) we can keep going but otherwise we'd have to end the game, I think by having everyone surrender, as I see now other option to instantly delete it, re-send out the invites, and start anew. It's however the majority of people prefer.

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Feb 22, 2015

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Little Mac posted:

I'm okay with either and we're just razzing you, 100yrs. It's cool. For what it's worth, I still see it as Ecco's turn and see everyone in the game. I would also be okay with restarting as it seems I randomly got Ethiopia and EWWW. Whatever everyone else decides. :)

I don't mind the teasing but it does bother me to not have gotten it right. Just my nature. I do seriously think it'll work now though. We just don't have names nor do we settle our first cities for some reason I'm unaware of. I'm good doing either.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Glad to see it's working. So we'll keep going on with this then?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Little Mac posted:

Not very versatile IMO but I guess I haven't played with them much

I fondly remember eking out a science victory with Ethiopia after being soundly beaten militarily by one of the warmonger nations. I was on a baby difficulty though since I'm still pretty bad at the game.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

Today is the day we get those turn averages down.

That is till we hit me since I'm going to sleep shortly!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I bet tithin is going to make his move right when I go to sleep

byers does this to me systematically.

• Locked thread