Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Opopanax posted:

There's a thing for it in steam workshop, make everyone get it

I would be fine with a "each player may request one mod" rule or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I would suggest the Perfect World map generator as my mod; it's really nice at what it does. Alternatively the ones that give you tons of more religion options (but not the silly ones like Discordianism).

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
qq ur a baby and ur tears are poops because ur head is a butt

also I suppose none of us need Perfect World except the player who generates the map. I would highly recommend it though!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Good. Good.

I would be fine restricting mods to only ones that provide aesthetic changes that have no actual effect on gameplay.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

MildManeredManikin posted:

Oh yeah should we poll the players about what mapgen settings we're using as well? The high/sea, old/young, wet/dry stuff?

Let's do low seas, cold weather (little ice age!), and wet. That'll make things a little more scarce and good land a little harder to fight for. Also continents.

Game 2 seems already seems much better than game 1, lets all truce together and try to break open a portal to game 1 and then kill them.

idk what poor decisions you've made in your life where "opening a portal to an alternate dimension so as to murder your alternate universe self" isn't already on your list of life goals.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Yeah I have nothing better to do with my time, and I'm sure nobody else does either.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I think Game 2 should only be random if you wanna be! It's a chill game, we should play with the civ with which we'd have the most fun.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Oh I suppose I should also say I'm not playing to win so I am fine allying myself with someone who is!!!

I make my own victory conditions, because I don't let some game designer tell me what my goal is :toot:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Already Game 2 proves itself the better game. MMM what DLC should we have for it? Just G&K and BNW? Do we want any civ-specific mods? Etc.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Y'all are rude dudes, you should instead turn those bows into ploughshares imho

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Little Mac posted:

Also I am the Maya in game one. I have never played the Maya. Should be neat.

The in-game calendar is adjusted to the mayan one which is actually really neat and cool!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I befriend as many city states as I can because we're all a bunch of friends in my games :sun:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Or thousands if it's early enough.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
bowmore lurks in mafia games and also in other games

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
oh my god why did you actually PM me

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
it's ok hon

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
No you have to pick Random everyone has to pick Random and we all must min/max our stats as much as possible and play to win because winning is everything there is no enjoyment without domination.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
oh my god be a worse person today

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
how do I deactivate all the dummy non-GK non-BNW dlc?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
the sole reason why I signed up for Game 2 over Game 1 was to play with mmm :(

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
guys it's only letting me play as Player 1 aka Poland; what happened?

e: it won't even let me play as Player 1 because it's password locked

I blame 100 Years

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Feb 21, 2015

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
it still requires a password you buffoon. it still only lets me play as player 1 who is poland.

I really think you messed up badly and imho you should feel badly.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
it's ok at this rate you won't actually get to play anyway!!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
honestly I mostly play as the celts because I just really like their background music. when I was studying for the bar, I would play Civ V in my free time (ha ha free time), and my laptop was slow enough that the G&K opening music (that beautiful pseudo-latin) would finish right as the Celt's music started, and it really feels like a logical progression in a way that other civs' music doesn't.

the game itself was bonkers, huge map epic speed. I started out in a huge forest so I built four cities and made them religious and cultural powerhouses. the other nations on my continent - persia, carthage, and egypt - all had military alliances with each other. then egypt backstabbed me so me and persia mopped the floor with them. by the time I finished studying and was moving on with my life, we had all gone well into the industrial era when persia declared war on carthage, and I was hastily reloading past saves trying to find a way to prevent it. :(

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hey post in the thread when it's my turn, I don't check myusername@gmail very often and I don't wanna keep you guys waiting for longer than I have to!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Little Mac posted:

Do you have an android phone? You can get alerts sent to you with an app.
things I will never do for 200, alex.

I'd like to form an alliance with somebody, I haven't played my first turn yet but I'm a desert dude who probably won't get a desert so I'll ally the first person to message me

dibs

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
We also would have accepted "be liked," back to you ecco

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I discovered an ocean. I'm gonna have one port town, but mostly stick to my trees.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I lost internet for a few hours dwi

Also I founded a pantheon :catholic:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

In the beginning there was just a river and a plain. The land was empty and the sky was dark. Then, out of nothing, there was something - the Sun. The Sun came upon the land and found it lacking. She lowered her hands into the earth and squeezed herself into it, bringing warmth to the ground. The dirt then birthed trees, and all the plants of the forests. Still, the Sun was not satisfied. She then blew into the dust and molded from it two creatures: a woman and a boar. The Sun was then satisfied and returned to her home in the sky. The world became colder, but the Sun promised that she would check on them daily to make sure they were okay.
The woman, who named herself Arduinne, rode her boar, who named himself Cernunnos. They traveled into the river and back, they traveled through the forests until every inch was explored, they walked over the waves of the sea and the mountains touching the sky. But after many years they became lonely. Arduinne then laid with Cernunnos, and from them they birthed the fish of the waters, the birds of the sky, and all the beasts of the land.
The Moon, upon seeing this act of creation, became envious of the Sun's children and children's children. The Moon reached her own fingers into the great river and froze the water, shaping the ice and breathing life into it. Thus formed Man.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Did you draw that?

No.

Arduinna is a Belgo-Celtic hunting goddess, who is believed to share her etymological origin with the Ardennes forest. Upon conquering Belgica, the Romans Latinized Arduinna into Diana. One of the few surviving depictions of her shows her riding a boar holding a dagger. The drawing is an artist's depiction of what she might have looked like to her ancient worshipers.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

100YrsofAttitude posted:

And what about Cernunnos? I feel like I've seen that name somewhere, probably as a Final Fantasy summon or something.

Cernunnos is the Celtic god of the hunt, worshiped through most (all?) Celtic cultures. He is well-documented with many extant idols and pictures. He is often depicted as a man with deer horns.

I made Arduinne and Cernunnos in this particular universe/pantheon related but different deities. I also made Cernunnos a boar because I started out near tons of truffles. :3:

e: actually reading the wikipedia page I see some really cool etymological stuff:

quote:

[Cernunnos's name comes from the] Gaulish karnon, "horn, " [which] is cognate with Latin cornu and Germanic *hurnaz, English horn, ultimately from Proto-Indo-European *k̑r̥no-

Obviously this is also the source of the Spanish cuerno and French corne.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Mar 6, 2015

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Heretics die and become mushrooms.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Opopanax posted:

Boy this game's kind of slow when you have to do it one turn at a time.

Write some light fiction! Do it! Just pretend it's mafia flavor.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'm actually Irish.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Ok. But what difference would that make? Doesn't Hiberno english use the same spelling conventions as Britannic english?

Nope, we use American spellings mostly. It's from how much we hate the British. It also makes it easy to go to school in America like I did.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
You had to give me a turn the same day I moved to a new land didn't you DIDN'T YOU

is it too late

e: it is.

my save scumming :negative:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
How many turns per year is it? I will write fanfiction about this Dark Age in celtic history.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I can play!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
100Yrs I need you to tell me when my turn is so I can do it :(