Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
I'll find myself booting something new only to find I just clicked on NT instead no matter what I do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcZmocY0hQM

I don't need no friends, I don't need no phone,
Just a bag of severed head and my Nuclear Throne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Uhhh, alright dude.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

I'm implicitly requesting advice WS. Should I enact some kind of advanced varied game regimen or just embrace the sweet release

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't give a poo poo what you do as long as it's between consenting adults and doesn't help skinheads.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
this game looks good but i havent played it.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

red plastic cup posted:

this game looks good but i havent played it.

yeah thats what i thought too and then i played it and it's way better than i thought it would be

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
can you play it with a mouse+keyboard? i heard its a 'twinstick shooter' but i dont have a controler

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

i would literally hate life playing it with a twinstick get this loving game what are you waiting for

e; did you like Hotline Miami? Did you like Smash TV? Of course you did. Get it.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

i blame dr. goat for all this

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
it's so fuckin good, and it keeps getting better

it's one of my favorite games ever already. i have a gold crossbow on yv and it's sick to get braaap

there was a stream where one of the devs was playing it and a wrench didn't get pulled into the portal and he was cussing about it being buggy and hosed up

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Feb 4, 2015

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

The Protagonist posted:

i would literally hate life playing it with a twinstick get this loving game what are you waiting for

e; did you like Hotline Miami? Did you like Smash TV? Of course you did. Get it.

i dont wanna play endless random stuff

Jawtramp
Nov 27, 2010

by XyloJW

elf help book posted:

i dont wanna play endless random stuff

Die, human being!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Jawtramp posted:

Die, human being!

stop stalking me

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
it does a really good job of scaling up and if the levels weren't random you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference with how fast you go through each one

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

it's a pretty good game but the levels past the crystal one are still pretty rough balance wise, especially 5-3 and the palace levels, since you can get hosed by a bad spawn area.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Doctor Goat posted:

it's so fuckin good, and it keeps getting better

it's one of my favorite games ever already. i have a gold crossbow on yv and it's sick to get braaap

there was a stream where one of the devs was playing it and a wrench didn't get pulled into the portal and he was cussing about it being buggy and hosed up

isn't it just one dev working on this

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
nope, there's two

one of them popped up in smite's racing stream, found out they wanted to be able to put in custom seeds, and gave them a build to do it like 15 minnutes later. it was cool

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

The Protagonist posted:

I'll find myself booting something new only to find I just clicked on NT instead no matter what I do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcZmocY0hQM

I don't need no friends, I don't need no phone,
Just a bag of severed head and my Nuclear Throne.

Awesome Track. Definitely getting some MC Chris vibes off this.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
For those of you who are somehow unaware, MC Chris is basically Ice-Cube mixed with Portlandia and the NES. And yes, he's as awesome as that sounds.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sir AIDS posted:

Awesome Track. Definitely getting some MC Chris vibes off this.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sir AIDS posted:

For those of you who are somehow unaware, MC Chris is basically Ice-Cube mixed with Portlandia and the NES. And yes, he's as awesome as that sounds.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
The Mothafuckin' Sir AIDS.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Sir AIDS posted:

Jawtramp
Nov 27, 2010

by XyloJW

Sir AIDS posted:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Sir AIDS posted:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Doctor Goat posted:

nope, there's two

one of them popped up in smite's racing stream, found out they wanted to be able to put in custom seeds, and gave them a build to do it like 15 minnutes later. it was cool

Weird, because they've been saying seeds are something they've wanted to add since I started asking back in their first developer stream over a year ago when the game was still called wasteland kings and the only public build was the mojam prototype.

They even had jw stream the day he was working on the seed function.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i don't think the seed thing they gave to smite's crew was exactly polished or even all that functional, i think it just gave everyone the same seed using something like the daily challenge function. i misremembered it being a custom thing

everyone got the same start but anyone going into a special stage got kind of desynced but it was still a fair thing imo

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sir AIDS posted:

Hahaha

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Is this game actually good?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

rebel is cool

Famous TV Dad posted:

Is this game actually good?

it is incredibly good. i didn't think i'd like it much but it is one of my favorite action games, even in its current unfinished state

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

For those of you unaware the rap is by Doseone, who when combined with kozilek, the producer making the game's music, becomes young Venus.

Check doseone out he's a great rapper. He also did all the sound design for heavy bullets which is a first person procedural death labyrinth you should also check out.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
games posters seem to hate this game and say it isn't worth it but its legitimately an excellent game and a lot of fun

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sir AIDS posted:

lol

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I have failed to get a free cooy of this game and guess I will buy it soon

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Eonwe posted:

games posters seem to hate this game and say it isn't worth it but its legitimately an excellent game and a lot of fun

games posters are garbage... they're trash.

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

Doctor Goat posted:

rebel is cool

it can be really strong if you get the right mutations (throne butt + rhino skin + sharp teeth + anything that boosts healing). the upgraded rebels you can spawn are insane, they can make the throne fight go really quick, and that thing is a bullet sponge.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

For people who can't tell yet that the game owns the 3 day game jam prototype should still be available at http://vlambeer.com/3

They did that in three days, play it and then remember there's another nearly two years of polish added now with more coming.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
my favorite possible build is YV with a bazooka or any upgraded form, and boiling veins

it's the best melee build in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Doctor Goat posted:

my favorite possible build is YV with a bazooka or any upgraded form, and boiling veins

it's the best melee build in the game

Melting,wrench, throne butt and impact wrists would like a word with you.

• Locked thread