Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
double wrench steroids is insane aside from his throne butt being completely worthless with that setup

the melting build MIGHT be as fun but the yv bazooka thing is good not just because it's good, but because it's hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
both of those builds are extremely win

also for those of you unaware YV is the megamillionaire dj music mogul and final boss/gun deity of the free 2.5d shooter GUN GODZ which is also probably worth a playthrough for the soundtrack alone

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
YV's house owns, it's just a billion guns. and that's the weaker version of his house. One of his new Ultra Mutations takes him to the real thing.

yv's multi-hit gimmicks don't work with melee weapons which is being left in because he's a gun god, not a wrench god

the massive braaaap buff made me really happy

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Eonwe posted:

games posters seem to hate this game and say it isn't worth it but its legitimately an excellent game and a lot of fun

thanks for the heads up on games posters, games poster who regularly drops money on early access derivative survival crafting games so he can play it with games posters

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i want the nucler thrno

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

i really like Yung Venus' B skin

he's above this poo poo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

pon alien posted:

thanks for the heads up on games posters, games poster who regularly drops money on early access derivative survival crafting games so he can play it with games posters

you're welcome?

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

i hope lil' hunter becomes an unlockable dude

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

chicken a best

post here for prime poultry

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

nuclear own

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
How do I get to the secret level, I would like to enjoy the secrets.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

look for an extra fly ride in the scrapyards and think about what kind of weapon might be repurposed to fix it

i'll be more explicit if you want... there are at least two other secret levels that i know of not including the vault

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
There are a few.

Blow up things in the sewers, and figure out the level 1 level skip.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Yeah what were you talking about with 'versions' of YV's mansion?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Fix the car for the normal one.

The better one is one of YV's ultra mutations, with a bunch of gold cars, something like 64 weapons, YV's little brother, and a giant TV you can blow up to make him sad. I don't remember what else is there. You leave by getting in one of the many cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54dZWDjZfas

there are special YV Chests

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

The better one is one of YV's ultra mutations, with a bunch of gold cars, something like 64 weapons, YV's little brother, and a giant TV you can blow up to make him sad. I don't remember what else is there. You leave by getting in one of the many cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV1fUwKMdAI

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

chicken loves her sword

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Doctor Goat posted:

You gotta post the better one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2ZIdmfMc5o

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
every character is gonna need a lot more cool stuff to catch up to how much yv owns in general

i'm glad he's not the worst character to actually play now

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

whoa when was that true?

full disclosure i didn't grab NT til' after the new year and they'd already taken invincibility frames from fish so imo fish and crystal seem like the weakest overall

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
his braaap used to be completely worthless and pop pop was outclassed pretty quickly by every other gimmick

crystal's probably the easiest character to play still, fish's infinite roll is pretty nice

yv still can't compare to steroids on raw damage output even with the 4x shot on braaap but unlike steroids he gets a lot out of really slow weapons

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

i dunno i feel like rebel is one of the easiest to play whereas crystal has an ability that just doesn't jive with the pace NT demands and will get you swarmed (at least prior to getting TB) by melee enemies

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

even the title theme loving owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDT8L4GB9-M

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

literally everything about nuclear loving throne owns

i defy anyone to post something about nuclear throne that doesn't own

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Every track owns Kozilek is the loving best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJKNLL-wYcM

listen to those drums that kick in at :23

one of kozilek's streams he opened up the project file for this in ableton and messed around with it, adding harmonies to the vocal track. It was so amazing.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

The Protagonist posted:

i dunno i feel like rebel is one of the easiest to play whereas crystal has an ability that just doesn't jive with the pace NT demands and will get you swarmed (at least prior to getting TB) by melee enemies

rebel's big gimmick is being glass cannon as hell and i think it's a little too cannon and a bit too little glass

crystal's tb can be suicidal to use, even the crystal form is really good as long as you don't try to use it when assassins are around

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

well now rebel seems really solid to me just from that health boost every level, and i just won't use her ability liberally until i have the supporting mutations to back it up

melting though, he's the ultimate glass howitzer

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Wormskull posted:

I don't give a poo poo what you do as long as it's between consenting adults and doesn't help skinheads.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Sir AIDS posted:

For those of you who are somehow unaware, MC Chris is basically Ice-Cube mixed with Portlandia and the NES. And yes, he's as awesome as that sounds.

MC Chris ftw...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

oddium posted:

chicken loves her sword

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

The Protagonist posted:

well now rebel seems really solid to me just from that health boost every level, and i just won't use her ability liberally until i have the supporting mutations to back it up

melting though, he's the ultimate glass howitzer

with the right mutations, rebel is practically a better version of melting because your right click turns into an aoe that also spawns allies. you also level up even faster than melting because your allies drop exp when they die.

its a good idea to spam it every level for that, its possible to reach level 10 without looping that way.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Dev stream is the best for when they accidentally spoil stuff

link is spoilers I guess so don't click it if the Nuclear Throne lore is important to you

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Feb 5, 2015

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

SeXReX posted:

Dev stream is the best for when they accidentally spoil stuff

link is spoilers I guess so don't click it if the Nuclear Throne lore is important to you

It's a hedge maze. Who cares about spoilers for a hedge maze.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i'm going Nuclear for Nuclear Throne ★★★★★ - oddium

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

it's a real game of throne

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context
I bought this last night on you guys' recommendation.

I give it a HOLY loving poo poo out of 10.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Mr. Pumroy posted:

it's a real game of throne
*blows you away with a pop-pop from a nuke launcher*

1upclock posted:

I bought this last night on you guys' recommendation.

I give it a HOLY loving poo poo out of 10.
my work here is done

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
the disc and the toxic launcher are junk. feed them to the robot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

actually the disc launcher can kick some rear end. i like that everybody complained about the disc launcher from supercratebox so much they were sure to include it in this too

there really needs to be a toxic immunity mutation or something though

• Locked thread