Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Okay everyone, I just need to get something off my chest...

*deep breath*

Clouds Taste Metallic was the last good Flaming Lips Album.

Thank you all for listening and being supportive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Hugbot posted:

Same.

I thought We Were Dead was a pretty decent album and the new singles feel like a natural progression... but just kind of ho-hum.

For a lot of good bands, Modest Mouse included, singles are hardly ever the best songs from albums- they're just the most marketable ones. The inverse is true for lots of bad bands that stumble into a hit, but the rest of the album is garbage. See: tons of lovely CDs I bought in the 90s.

If we get a few solid deep cut gems off the new album I'll be pleased enough.

This whole 'deep cuts > singles' idea just seems pointlessly contrarian. Like you just want to feel like you're part of a special club for liking something a lot of other people like, but in a different way than most people. I mean Modest Mouse is a pretty easily marketable band already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEmJH7JsKgM

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Thank you for the song from the Harry Potter Puppet Pals man. I am glad to have been exposed to more of his creativity.

He's a modern day polymath.

FactsAreUseless posted:

And trust this guy, he's the internet's busiest music nerd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLgarIGTAe0

• Locked thread