Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knucklebear
Apr 19, 2005

Happy Hippo posted:

How are MM live? I've seen them on Austin City Limits and have heard a bootleg and both sounded like poo poo, but I've got friends who've seen them and they say thay were fantastic. Maybe they're extremely uneven?

If you have the chance to see them live you should do it.

I've seen them in 2004, 2007 and 2009 in fairly large venues and they did not disappoint. Isaac Brock is a charismatic front man and fun to watch. There's also a ton of stuff going on behind him, two drummers, keyboards, guitars, horns, turntables and more! With so much going on and the heavy percussion I can see how bootlegs wouldn't sound great, but, in person they sound fantastic.

Also, they don't just play songs unaltered from their albums. They do interesting things like mix songs up by placing lyrics or melodies from one song into another and include long solos which feel fresh and fun instead of tired.

All in all, they're super fantastic live. My only complaint is that so much happens during a show that I can't remember half of what happened when it's over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread