Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
I still love that one lady's delivery of "Lost???" in the cutscene, shortly after James first meets her by the gravestones. Like she's hella judging him for somehow getting lost on a road that only forks onto a single path that goes down to a cemetery past a fuckin' spooky forest. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

Veloxyll posted:

We used to kill the lights playing AVP2 with Facehuggers on

For ~Ambiance~

Everyone should try playing horror games with the lights off once.

I mean, if you run screaming to the light switch after 5 minutes, you've still DONE it.

Multiplayer horror game LAN night with everyone in the room and over-ear headphones on. When the lights turn off, you start the game. :getin:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
edit: it's me, I also forgot which thread I was posting in, throw me in the dumbpost fire

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Say what you will of P-Head, dude's got some nice mittens.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
It's been mentioned in the Spoilers thread but not over here, so just in case; Konami will be delisting P.T. (the game with the teaser for Silent Hills at the end) off of the PS4's PSN on April 29th, so if you haven't grabbed it yet and wanted to, this is your last chance.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
It took me a while to get it, but I guess Laura's weird fidgeting while she was sitting next to the pizza was meant to be that idle legs-swinging-off-the-edge kids do when they're bored?

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Y'all need to find the good stuff, just because you can't spell Silent Hill without Lite doesn't mean you should drink cheap beer. Maybe try a Rusty Pyramid.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
I still seriously doubt that James's use of human hair as line for a hook, but apparently healthy human hair has a higher tensile strength than nylon and comparable to some softer metals of comparable thickness to hair.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

So it official now, Konami just hates to make money?

To be more accurate, they hate spending money to make money. Pachinko slot machines are a significantly lower investment than video games, especially with how bloated budgets have gotten in an arms/space-race-esque drive to better graphics. On this one thing I can't blame them, "triple-A" games are ridiculously expensive to make these days with zero guarantee you'll break even with how much money you pour into it.

Doesn't diminish how hosed up this is. I wish they didn't bow out when they had a game with this much potential on a silver platter.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
"Hey pal, we're going out on a lunch run, anything you want?"

"Get gyros."

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Anyone else feel like James's voice is sounding like Otacon lately? Just waiting for him to say "Naomi" at this point.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Areas like this is why I like that you're doing the spoiler-free subtitled videos, I love the audio work in the hotel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
So the dialogue you hear from Mary in the long corridor, that's totally her final words before James killed her, wasn't it?

• Locked thread