Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogcrash truther
n/t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

What does n/t stand for

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i thought hard about stuff while sitting on the toilet one time ask away

dogcrash truther

Bo-Pepper posted:

i thought hard about stuff while sitting on the toilet one time ask away

ok, well, my first question is what's it like to be a philosophy teacher

dogcrash truther

alnilam posted:

What does n/t stand for

no text

yeah actually they will
I'm a philosophy teacher.

Dr Cheeto

alnilam posted:

What does n/t stand for

Nice tushie

Miss Psychosis

no they will not posted:

Thoughts on Marxism?

POWERBALL

by zen death robot

no they will not posted:

Greetings.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Miss Psychosis

Someone tell me about marxism.

Grass Effect

but you can just cheat with masterful blankposting techniques

Miss Psychosis

Please. I need someone to explain Marxism.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

you can field the question the op asked me i realize now my hard toilet thinking was about geology

Miss Psychosis

Marxism and Marx? Anyone?

yeah actually they will

Miss Psychosis posted:

Thoughts on Marxism?

I think it's great

alnilam

Who would win in a fight kant or hume

dogcrash truther

Hello, what's it like being a philosophy teacher. How do you know if your students "get it"

dogcrash truther

no they will not posted:

How did you become a philosophy teacher?

Miss Psychosis

Is Marx the good guy? Is he the bad guy?

Miss Psychosis

Someone needs to tell me who the bad guy is.

Theglavwen

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Philosophy doctoral student, what's up?

yeah actually they will
First o fall let me say that being a philosophy teacher [I'm a philosophy teacher by trade] is super lovely. I hate it and I want to die constantly. Strangers spit at me in the street and taxis open their doors for me but speed away as soon as I try to get in the taxi. I am the worst person in the world. I am a crap heap of a man. When I go into a library all the books I touch turn into magazines.

POWERBALL

by zen death robot

dogcrash truther posted:

ok, well, my first question is what's it like to be a philosophy teacher

Imagine you really, really love this thing and want to tell everyone about it because it's so amazing and can completely change your life but unfortunately you can only get paid to talk about it to teenagers and they just ignore you and post on instagram.

It's ok sometimes though because like in my class today you start out with a really small idea and end up in a really big place and you can see young minds being blown and that makes it cool. Also I am continually impressed and surprised at the abilities of my students to understand really complex ideas.

----------------

joke_explainer

Marxism is the belief that all humans are put together in some ratio of Chico, Harpo, Groucho, Gummo, and Zeppo: The four Marx brothers, each characterizing one archetypical temperament. All of your successes / failures / fortunes can be analyzed through the tenets of Marxism.

Miss Psychosis

Theglavwen posted:

What's up with Marx(ism)?

yeah actually they will

dogcrash truther posted:

How did you become a philosophy teacher?

It was my ironic punishment [think the movie "Saw"] for loudly and repeatedly saying that I never wanted to become the worst version of myself

POWERBALL

by zen death robot
Gom and I previously agreed that he would handle the funny posting and I would handle the sincere posting in this thread, just so we're clear.

----------------

bacalou

dpimpjedi seems like he knows his poo poo

dogcrash truther

Momohime Katsumi posted:

Imagine you really, really love this thing and want to tell everyone about it because it's so amazing and can completely change your life but unfortunately you can only get paid to talk about it to teenagers and they just ignore you and post on instagram.

It's ok sometimes though because like in my class today you start out with a really small idea and end up in a really big place and you can see young minds being blown and that makes it cool. Also I am continually impressed and surprised at the abilities of my students to understand really complex ideas.

...you teach philosophy to high school students? I didn't even think that was a thing. Or are they underclassmen college students?

joke_explainer

Check this blog out DCT: https://beingawomaninphilosophy.wordpress.com

dogcrash truther

no they will not posted:

It was my ironic punishment [think the movie "Saw"] for loudly and repeatedly saying that I never wanted to become the worst version of myself

Do you think Saw is philosophically interesting?

yeah actually they will

Momohime Katsumi posted:

Gom and I previously agreed that he would handle the funny posting and I would handle the sincere posting in this thread, just so we're clear.

I reflexively disagree, and will now only realpost in this thread

dogcrash truther

Theglavwen posted:

Is your game plan to teach?

yeah actually they will
I haven't eaten dinner yet tonight. I'm tired, so I might just skip it and get an early night's sleep.

Theglavwen

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Miss Psychosis posted:

What's up with Marx(ism)?

Pretty much nothing.

POWERBALL

by zen death robot

dogcrash truther posted:

...you teach philosophy to high school students? I didn't even think that was a thing. Or are they underclassmen college students?

I teach undergrads but they're mostly underclassman. They did teach me what throwing shade is tho.

----------------

dogcrash truther
so wait...just to be clear. Amogn the 15 or so byob posters, there's a philosophy teacher, a philosophy grad student, and isnt bwatts or someone doing philosophy undergrad?

dogcrash truther

Momohime Katsumi posted:

I teach undergrads but they're mostly underclassman. They did teach me what throwing shade is tho.

What subjects specifically do you teach? like what kind of philosophy/approach

alnilam

Momohime Katsumi posted:

What's throwing shade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogcrash truther

alnilam posted:

What's throwing shade

get out old man

• Locked thread